HP Printers returning waste ink to cartridge

I have been told that the HP PSC 3310 & 3110 return waste ink to the
cartridge. Does this happen with any other HP printers?

Thanks
Mike
0
MikeM

On Fri, 05 May 2006 21:56:20 GMT, MikeM <mmo45018@bigpond.net.au>
wrote:

>I have been told that the HP PSC 3310 & 3110 return waste ink to the
>cartridge. Does this happen with any other HP printers?
>
>Thanks
>Mike

I believe some of the newer smaller cartridges, such as the 21/22
supposedly do this as well. However, since the older, bigger carts
haven't been phased out, it's not much of a cost saver since the
cartridges still cost over 2x as much per page to print while using
about .01 ml less ink per page. Your printer takes a decent sized
black cartridge at a pretty decent price, but it's not really meant
for text/document printing, and it's hard to compare any kind of cost
savings that way.

If you're planning on doing any moderate to large amount of black and
white photo printing, you may be better off getting a photosmart that
can take the 101 Large Greyscale tank.

---

http://www.FenrirOnline.com

Computer services, custom metal etching,
arts, crafts, and much more.
0
info
5/5/2006 10:20:25 PM
I print almost exclusively colour photos on my Epson. I like the
prints but it gets through a lot of ink. I ralise the cartridges are
smaller than earlier HPs but I was hoping it would be cheaper to run
than my Epson.

Thanks
Mike
On Fri, 05 May 2006 22:20:25 GMT, info@fenrironline.com (Fenrir
Enterprises) wrote:

>On Fri, 05 May 2006 21:56:20 GMT, MikeM <mmo45018@bigpond.net.au>
>wrote:
>
>>I have been told that the HP PSC 3310 & 3110 return waste ink to the
>>cartridge. Does this happen with any other HP printers?
>>
>>Thanks
>>Mike
>
>I believe some of the newer smaller cartridges, such as the 21/22
>supposedly do this as well. However, since the older, bigger carts
>haven't been phased out, it's not much of a cost saver since the
>cartridges still cost over 2x as much per page to print while using
>about .01 ml less ink per page. Your printer takes a decent sized
>black cartridge at a pretty decent price, but it's not really meant
>for text/document printing, and it's hard to compare any kind of cost
>savings that way.
>
>If you're planning on doing any moderate to large amount of black and
>white photo printing, you may be better off getting a photosmart that
>can take the 101 Large Greyscale tank.
>

>---
>
>http://www.FenrirOnline.com
>
>Computer services, custom metal etching,
>arts, crafts, and much more.
0
MikeM
5/5/2006 10:43:04 PM
On Fri, 05 May 2006 22:43:04 GMT, MikeM <mmo45018@bigpond.net.au>
wrote:

>I print almost exclusively colour photos on my Epson. I like the
>prints but it gets through a lot of ink. I ralise the cartridges are
>smaller than earlier HPs but I was hoping it would be cheaper to run
>than my Epson.
>
>Thanks
>Mike

I'm not sure about that one. HP 02 Color tanks have an estimated page
yield of 240 4" x 6" photos. Epson T048xxx (Guitar) cartridges for the
R-series have an estimated page yield of 430 pages.

Keep in mind that the pricing is using single-color cost per print,
NOT how much each print costs. Price per cart is also an estimate.
Also, keep in mind that there is no way of knowing how each of the
companies came up with their page yield count, so these are very rough
estimates that may not be comparable in a real life situation.

HP 02 Color: 4.5 ml. $10 per cartridge.

Page Yield estimated at 240 photos

..01875 ml/photo

4.16 cents per print.

Epson T048xxx Color. About 12 ml. $13 per cartridge.

Page Yield estimated at 430 photos.

..02795 ml/photo

3.02 cents per print.

So the Epson does seem to use a LOT more ink than the HP, but per
cartridge/print it costs about 25% less, but only if they use similar
methods to determine page yield. I'd say, if you already /have/ the
Epson and it works fine and isn't showing signs of breaking down,
stick with it. If you need a new printer, personally I'd never buy
another Epson, so I'd go with the HP. There's little enough difference
there to really worry about it. Also keep in mind that the HP black
cartridge is far larger than the colors and more economical, while I
think the Epson black is the same size as the color tanks.

---

http://www.FenrirOnline.com

Computer services, custom metal etching,
arts, crafts, and much more.
0
info
5/6/2006 12:17:54 AM
"MikeM" <mmo45018@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
>I have been told that the HP PSC 3310 & 3110 return waste ink to the
> cartridge. Does this happen with any other HP printers?

The printers that use the 02 series cartridges recycle ink rather than
dump it into the service station.  These include the Photosmart 8250 in
addition to those listed above, see
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF05a/18972-236251-64340-15100-64340-443048.html.

Additionally, HP printers with the printhead and ink supply together
tend to use much less ink for servicing than [non-HP] printers with
permanent printheads.  For best economy I would recommend printers that
use the #96/97 cartridges such as the DeskJet 6840.  For page yields for
various HP printers see:
http://h10060.www1.hp.com/pageyield/us/en/index.html

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

0
Bob
5/6/2006 12:29:46 AM
Fenrir Enterprises wrote:
> On Fri, 05 May 2006 22:43:04 GMT, MikeM <mmo45018@bigpond.net.au>
> wrote:
>
>> I print almost exclusively colour photos on my Epson. I like the
>> prints but it gets through a lot of ink. I ralise the cartridges are
>> smaller than earlier HPs but I was hoping it would be cheaper to run
>> than my Epson.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Mike
>
> I'm not sure about that one. HP 02 Color tanks have an estimated page
> yield of 240 4" x 6" photos. Epson T048xxx (Guitar) cartridges for the
> R-series have an estimated page yield of 430 pages.
>
> Keep in mind that the pricing is using single-color cost per print,
> NOT how much each print costs. Price per cart is also an estimate.
> Also, keep in mind that there is no way of knowing how each of the
> companies came up with their page yield count, so these are very rough
> estimates that may not be comparable in a real life situation.
>
> HP 02 Color: 4.5 ml. $10 per cartridge.
>
> Page Yield estimated at 240 photos
>
> .01875 ml/photo
>
> 4.16 cents per print.
>
> Epson T048xxx Color. About 12 ml. $13 per cartridge.
>
> Page Yield estimated at 430 photos.
>
> .02795 ml/photo
>
> 3.02 cents per print.
>
> So the Epson does seem to use a LOT more ink than the HP, but per
> cartridge/print it costs about 25% less, but only if they use similar
> methods to determine page yield. I'd say, if you already /have/ the
> Epson and it works fine and isn't showing signs of breaking down,
> stick with it. If you need a new printer, personally I'd never buy
> another Epson, so I'd go with the HP. There's little enough difference
> there to really worry about it. Also keep in mind that the HP black
> cartridge is far larger than the colors and more economical, while I
> think the Epson black is the same size as the color tanks.
>
> ---
>
> http://www.FenrirOnline.com
>
> Computer services, custom metal etching,
> arts, crafts, and much more.

Whoa there..

Your yield figures are for 5% page coverage at A4 so you really have
made a big error in your calculations.. You need to multiply by at least
  20 to get a full A4 or roughly 5 to get a quarter size (which I
guestimate as a photo size).

Still n'all as a comparison ratio it works but it's not accurate as a
measure of a per photo cost.

0
Martin

Printer Ink

Any HP printer with individual colored ink cartridges?
I'm a long time HP printer user, and I'm looking at purchasing a new inkjet printer. I would like to save money by buying an inkjet that uses individual colored ink cartridges. Well, at least I think I'll save money. It seems HP does not make inkjet with individual ink cartridge for each color, is it? Also among the major printer manufacturer, like HP, Canon, Epson; it seems only HP build the print head in the ink cartridge. I have been very satisfied with HP printer, but I would like to try another brand. I have the impression HP inkjet printers are expensive to ope...

how to change Ink Cartridge hp 5510 printer
how to change Ink Cartridge hp 5510 printer i dont see any buttom to do so please help <yuvalbra@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1157781523.618243.133470@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > how to change Ink Cartridge hp 5510 printer > i dont see any buttom to do so Is this the Officejet 5510? If so, see: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=311255&lang=en&docname=c00033420#N508. If not the Officejet please advise which model. Regards, Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging ...

Printer addendum for HP printer

HP Photosmart 8450 printer, volume of the ink in cartridge
In one of the HP Photosmart 8450 reviews, i have found information on ink volume in each cartridge: "HP No. 344 Tri-Colour Inkjet Print Cartridge, 14 ml ink volume, C8766E HP No. 348 Photo Inkjet Print Cartridge, 13 ml ink volume, C9369E HP No. 100 Grey Photo Inkjet Print Cartridge, 15 ml, C9368W" I understand, that these volumes refer to each part of the three colour ink cartridge! meaning 14ml cyan + 14 ml magenta + 14 ml yellow, and so on. Are my expectations correct? Regards Tadeusz "Tadeusz Jerzy Korsak" <tkorsak@polbox.com> wrote in...

Online store for Printer Ink Cartridge,Laser Toner,Solid Ink,Refill Kits,Ribbon Cartridge
Abcink.com (http://www.abcink.com/) is a online store for Printer Ink Cartridge,Laser Toner,Solid Ink,Refill Kits,Ribbon Cartridge,printer paper and other printer supplies. Our ink and toner cartridge include canon ink, epson ink, hp ink, lexmark ink, dell ink, brother ink, okidata ink, sharp ink, xerox ink. canon toner, hp toner, lexmark toner, apple toner, dell toner, samsung toner, toshiba toner, ricoh toner, etc. Welcome to Abcink.com In addition to the fact that you are spamming, the prices I saw on the web site are nothing to write home about. I also noticed that the ref...

HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge...
Hello. Tonight, my very old HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge (2014/08/24 Z; 1782606105249600) after I printed out a three/3 pages of B&W PDF application form after turning on the printer for a few minutes. The printer showed a blinking red print button border and its screen says "Color cartridge failed. Replace it, or ... remove it to print using ink-backup printing mode." I tried removing and reinserting the cartridge, turning off and on including unplugging its power cable, cleaning cartridge and print...

HP Photo Printers and HP 7410 Cartridges
Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? Yes You get far more natural colors skin tones the #58 is well worth it "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... > Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between > the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > "John" <john.boyzo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c...

Is it necessary for both black & color cartridges to have ink with HP 1400 Printer/Scanner
I am a user of HP 1400 Printer cum Scanner which provides two slots for one black and one color cartridge. If the color cartridge has dried up and I am urgently in need of printing out a document in black, can I print in black keeping the exhasted color cartridge in the cradle? Have I to press the Black button on the Printer for starting the print operation? Similarly if the black cartridge has dried up, can I print in color, keeping the exhausted black cartridge in the cradle as a dummy? Have I to press the Color Button on the Printer to start operation? Why doesn't HP provide ...

Epson Stylus Color 900 - took out a full color cartridge to test in another printer
I downloaded and installed sscserve.exe from http://ssclg.com/epsone.shtml but I can't get that program to work or I still can't get the printer to print - not sure which (but there is NO ink printing from the printer now). Anyone use that app on this printer successfully? OR is there another app that will work? OR a hardware fix? Thanks! Brad ...

Using Costco's ink cartridge refills for my very old HP PhotoSmart 8450 printer?
Hello. Has anyone used Costco's ink cartridge refill service for the old HP PhotoPrinter 8450? My tricolor cartridge is running low, and I need to get more colors soon. I was wondering if Costco's refills are worth it. Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "Now I have you where I want you... where is my jar of Bull ants?" --unknown Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see this signature correctly. /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged L...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

How can I reset the ink cartridge/ink level so the printer............
Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94 & HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In short, after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All I remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the cartridge, but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA. Billy Smitty wrote: > Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94 > & HP95. I'm using generic brand...

Web resources about - HP Printers returning waste ink to cartridge - comp.periphs.printers

Returning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In retail , returning is the process of a customer taking previously purchased merchandise back to the retailer, and in turn, receiving a cash ...

Mark Zuckerberg Returning To TechCrunch Disrupt
Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg took the stage at last year’s TechCrunch Disrupt conference in San Francisco, where he discussed ...

How-to: Improve the Experience for Returning Users
... – your inbox, your favorite news sources, or your friends’ activity. If you’ve integrated Facebook Login on your website, you can give returning ...

Search Twitter - emilia-clarke-not-returning
Sign in Sign up No results for emilia-clarke-not-returning Settings Help Back to top · Turn images off

Is the Returning CEO a Trend?
... well be wondering if it is a new trend for boards to reach back into their alumni ranks to bring back a CEO when a company is in Is the Returning ...

Fire engine returning from a call
District of Columbia Fire & EMS Station No. 3

Zillow: Long Distance (Returning Soldier Commercial) - YouTube
Introducing Zillow's latest TV commercial as part of its national advertising campaign, "Find Your Way Home." The spot, entitled "Long Distance," ...

WWE’s Daniel Bryan on WWE 2K16, facing Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania, returning to the ring and life on ...
The four-time WWE world champion discusses whether it is right for Stone Cold Steve Austin to be the cover star of WWE 2K16, as well as who he ...

Damn Fine News of the Day: Kyle MacLachlan is Returning to ‘Twin Peaks’
In case you missed it, David Lynch announced on Twitter Monday that Kyle MacLachlan will reprise his role as Special Agent Dale Cooper in the ...

After returning Port Adelaide to profit, Power president David Koch turns his attention to clearing debt ...
PORT ADELAIDE president David Koch has completed his mission of making the Power a “sustainable business”. Now he has to clear significant debt ...