i560s Canon Photo Printer

This is great photo printer. What I'm trying to figure out is how to
load 4 x 6 glossy paper. The tray guides don't have a specific setting
or guide and I sure don't want to waste the paper and the ink. Anybody
know how to do this, might be the same for other Canon photo printers,
I'm not sure and would appreciate any feedback or ideas. Thanks in
advance.

Martin
0
jtex

JTex wrote:
> This is great photo printer. What I'm trying to figure out is how to
> load 4 x 6 glossy paper. The tray guides don't have a specific setting
> or guide and I sure don't want to waste the paper and the ink. Anybody
> know how to do this, might be the same for other Canon photo printers,
> I'm not sure and would appreciate any feedback or ideas. Thanks in
> advance.
>
> Martin

short side inserted.

Quaoar
9/29/2003 8:29:32 PM
"Quaoar" <Quaoar@tenthplanet.net> wrote in message news:<w6acnfpCH5v0C-WiU-KYiQ@comcast.com>...
> JTex wrote:
> > This is great photo printer. What I'm trying to figure out is how to
> > load 4 x 6 glossy paper. The tray guides don't have a specific setting
> > or guide and I sure don't want to waste the paper and the ink. Anybody
> > know how to do this, might be the same for other Canon photo printers,
> > I'm not sure and would appreciate any feedback or ideas. Thanks in
> > advance.
> >
> > Martin
>
> short side inserted.

Short side inserted to the left with paper guide at full size page ? I
ask because the paper guide only slides right. Thanks.
Martin
0
jtex
9/30/2003 8:31:03 PM
On the right. Adust pare guide down to 4".

Use Easy-PhotoPrint.

But you already figured it out...

"JTex" <jtex@www.com> wrote in message
> This is great photo printer. What I'm trying to figure out is how to
> load 4 x 6 glossy paper. The tray guides don't have a specific setting
> or guide and I sure don't want to waste the paper and the ink. Anybody
> know how to do this, might be the same for other Canon photo printers,
> I'm not sure and would appreciate any feedback or ideas. Thanks in
> advance.
>
> Martin

0
JohnF

I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi. Plus they are about the same price on newegg.com. Are there any features that the i860 has that the MP360 doesn't? Otherwise why not get the MP360 and get a scanner too. any info would be appreciated. Canon i860 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9387&item=9442&section=10214 Canon MP360 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9527&item=9632&section=10223 Most people BUY a product based on how THEY will use the product. Maybe the first think you need to do sort out is your own imaging needs. "sydemon" <sydegun@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:49cf01cc.0405051118.15975f6@posting.google.com... : I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The : MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. : I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, : except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit : faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo : paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi...

New Canon iPF 5000 photo printer better than Epson K-3 printers??
Hi all. I just came across this very favorable review of a new Canon photo printer with 12 (yes, twelve) ink carts. http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/canon-ipf5000.shtml. The reviewer is very positive on this printer and sees it as a strong competitor to the Epson 4800. What do you all think? Check out the cost of cartridges! Oh, the review didn't speak about a capability to print on CDs. :) Joe Average ...

Choosing the Right Photo Printer.(hp photo printer binoculars)
hp photo printer binoculars, The photo printers in the market provide great quality photo printing; they are affordable and easy to use. If you choose the right photo printer, you can easily print great digital photos and be amazed. If you do not feel ready to start using a photo printer yet, you can also find an inkjet printer that produces good quality high resolution pictures. There are also mobile photo printers if you are planning to print on the go. Here are the important points to consider when buying a photo printer: Resolution, Resolution is one of the most important...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

"Photo" printers cheaper than "non-photo" printers?
I'm looking for a "non-photo" printer and from what I'm seeing, for the most part, non photo printers are more expensive than photo printers. Why? Monica "Monica" <nospam@guess.com> wrote in message news:akiee.15829$yV4.6261@okepread03... > I'm looking for a "non-photo" printer and from what I'm seeing, for the most > part, non photo printers are more expensive than photo printers. Why? I'm doing the same because I already have an Epson 2100 for printing photos. I think the reason for this strange price difference is because they are aimed at office use rather than home use. Check the "duty cycle" figures in the specs. This is the number of pages per month the printer is designed to handle (a measure of how rugged it is). Monica wrote: >I'm looking for a "non-photo" printer and from what I'm seeing, for the most >part, non photo printers are more expensive than photo printers. Why? >Monica > > Because they are usually business printers and made for speed with reasonable quality. The HP 1200 is one of the models out there. > > > There are a few reasons non-photo printers are more costly at original acquisition. 1) as mentioned they are usually designed for more durability, ease of use, etc, because they will be moving a LOT more paper through them. Most of the printing will be text or small gr...

Canon i560 printer
I have a problem similar to Gillian Bobbett's with her iP4200 printer, except mine is a Canon i560. If I scan a document with my Mustek 800 scanner, and save it as a sprite file, and then drag it into an Impression page, it appears perfectly on the screen. When I tell it to print using FastSpool+ the printer light flashes as usual as it loads the info into the printer, but it feeds no paper, and when it has finished loading the info, nothing happens, and I get no print. The only way I can get it to print is to save it as a JPEG, put it into Artworks and then drag it into Impression, or ...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

Printer Ink

Canon: Easy Photo Printer
when I open the pgm, get a message that says no supported printer connected. & the pgm automatically closes. But there IS a Canon printer connected. In fact I got the s/w pgm when i bought the printer. Help? ((.)) ')) (((((((( ))(/)(( Judy Cosler wrote: >when I open the pgm, get a message that says no supported printer >connected. & the pgm automatically closes. But there IS a Canon >printer connected. In fact I got the s/w pgm when i bought the >printer. Help? > >((.)) ')) > (((((((( > ))(/)(( > > And I thought you knew it all. Judy Cosler wrote: >when I open the pgm, get a message that says no supported printer >connected. & the pgm automatically closes. But there IS a Canon >printer connected. In fact I got the s/w pgm when i bought the >printer. Help? Sounds like the printer drivers are not properly installed. I don't know how Easy Photo Print detects the printer, but uninstalling and re-installing the drivers may do the trick. measekite wrote: > > > Judy Cosler wrote: > >> when I open the pgm, get a message that says no supported printer >> connected. & the pgm automatically closes. But there IS a Canon >> printer connected. In fact I got the s/w pgm when i bought the >> printer. Help? >> >> ((.)) ')) >> (((((((( ))(/)(...

Canon Pixma Photo Printer
Canon PIXMA MX860 Wireless All-In-One Photo Printer Price:$199.97 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001R4C5BK Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001R4C5BK Canon MP480 All-in-One Photo Printer Price:$99.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001DJ6BW8 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001DJ6BW8 Canon iP4600 Inkjet Photo Printer (2909B002) Price:$99.97 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001DJ6DH6 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001DJ6DH6 Canon MP980 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer Price:$349.00 Image: ht...

No printer model for Canon in Tiger Printer Setup Utility
I have successfully set up remote printing from my OS X 10.4 Tiger laptop to my Canon S750 printer connected to my Win XP home PC. I can print across the network, through the XP box and all the way to the printer - but nothing emerges. I suspect that my problem is the lack of any Canon printer models to choose from in the Printer Setup Utility on the OS X laptop. When I open the Printer Setup Utility and click on the "More Printers ..." button, I can navigate through the workgroup to the XP box and to the Shared printer without any problems. In the Printer Model pulldown, ...

Canon i9900 photo printer
I was all set to buy the Canon i9900 photo printer until I saw the review in PC World magazine. It gave the printer a rating of FAIR (68). However, it did say that it was a very good photo printer. This was a little confusing. How can it be two things. Any comments would be appreciated. The review is on the web site listed below. Ben http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/sfchart.asp?sort_dir=desc&typid=12&pg=4&sort= rating_date&vendor=0&subtype=0&att_filter1206=0&att_filter1207=0&hi_p=0 Ben wrote: > I was all set to buy the Canon i9900 photo printe...

Photo-quality Canon printer
Hi I am considering to purchase a Canon printer. Does anyone has experience on the photo-qualtiy printing form a Canon i860? Or suggest a better alternatvie but in the same price range? Thanks. I have the Canon i865 which is the same, and it is as good as if not better than the local Photo labs, and very fast just 30sec's for a picture..with the ink's that last for ages never have had a printer of this quility for this sort of price! just buy it you will be glad you did... "tc" <tc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:WEFxb.49$JZ6.9@newsfep1-gui.server.ntli.net... > Hi > > I am considering to purchase a Canon printer. > Does anyone has experience on the photo-qualtiy printing form a Canon i860? > Or suggest a better alternatvie but in the same price range? > Thanks. > > > Can the inkjet cartridges on the Canon i860 be refilled easily and reliably? By reliably I mean are the cartridges or the printer subject to being damaged by inadvertant over-filling or letting the ink run dry before refilling? I've been watching the reviews of the Canon here and it sounds like the printer I want/need. Thanks. 0ld Martian can you damage the On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 11:41:11 -0000, "GeoSd" <dontcallme@.com> wrote: >I have the Canon i865 which is the same, and it is as good as if not better >than the local Photo labs, and very fast just 30sec's for a picture..wit...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

Which Canon photo printer would you buy?
I'm researching and focusing on: 1. Canon i960 sells for $199.99 2. Canon i900D - $249.99 3. Canon S900 - $309.94, a refurbished one for about $80-$110 Are the last 2 better in any way than #1? Should I get involved with the refurbished one? Thanks for any input. "Valentin" <labandera63@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht news:sw7Hb.5988$Vv2.2858248@news1.news.adelphia.net... > I'm researching and focusing on: > > 1. Canon i960 sells for $199.99 > 2. Canon i900D - $249.99 > 3. Canon S900 - $309.94, a refurbished one for about $80-$110 > > Are the last 2 better in any way than #1? Should I get involved with the > refurbished one? > Thanks for any input. > I have read some very positive reviews about the i960 Regards, http://www4.tomshardware.com/consumer/20031208/printer_roundup-04.html Looks like the i960 is the way to go. Tod "Valentin" <labandera63@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:sw7Hb.5988$Vv2.2858248@news1.news.adelphia.net... > I'm researching and focusing on: > > 1. Canon i960 sells for $199.99 > 2. Canon i900D - $249.99 > 3. Canon S900 - $309.94, a refurbished one for about $80-$110 > > Are the last 2 better in any way than #1? Should I get involved with the > refurbished one? > Thanks for any input. > "Tod DeBie" <tod_debie@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:JdvHb.31475$Vs3.27230...

Any *good* printer drivers for HP Photosmart 7550 Photo printer?
I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5, however many pictures at one shot. I have to print one picture, put it back into the paper tray, and hope that in the next few attempts I won't print over another picture. There should at least be software that will provide the option to show the last few prints where they were on the page. SOFTWARE PROGRAMERS...here's an overlooked oportunity to make money...this is definately needed. Type in the preferred size of a picture and how many of that picture you want printed. Select 3, 8, or however many different pictures you want printed. When your batch is complete, press PRINT. Walk away. Come back to find all 32 (or whatever) pictures printed in the way the computer has chosen as the most efficient use of space...! Need to trim an 1/8" off a pic to make it fit? The software will give you the option to change the size if needed and by how much (measurment and/or percentage reduction. Tell me-does that exhist? Thanks for looking into this stuff for me. "Curious" <dave_williamson@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1105877233.735476.184530@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will > allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5, however many > pictures at one shot. I have to print on...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Major problems with Canon i560 Printer
Hi I have just purchased a Canon i560 printer (which got rave reviews everywhere) for my home computer and I cannot get it to print at all! I'm desperate for some help from those in the know. I have installed the latest drivers from the canon.co.uk web site (version 2.32) but when I try to print, the paper feeds a sheet at a time for every pass the printer tries to draw across the page. I just get hundreds of almost empty sheets -- completely useless. (I have a G4 800 Mhz running Panther 10.3.2. I have 1024 MB of Ram if it makes any difference.) What's weird is that the print te...

WTB: Canon i560 or i550 printer
Hi, I am looking to buy a Canon i560 or i550 computer. I am located in Lincoln, Ne. If you have one that you would be willing to sell, please email me with condition and price. Thanks, Dana ...

Web resources about - i560s Canon Photo Printer - comp.periphs.printers

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Philips Hue Starter Kit $120, LifeProof FRĒ iPhone 6 Case $30, Brother AirPrint ...
... FRĒ Waterproof iPhone 6 Case in multiple colors: $30 shipped (Reg. $72) Get ready to file your taxes w/ this Brother AirPrint Laser Printer ...

Can you really get a solid all-in-one printer, copier and scanner for just $90?
... Deals team's advice. And in this case, we're going to help you upgrade to the Epson WorkForce WF-3620 WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, ...

Mattel unveils ThingMaker, a 3D printer for kids
Toy company hopes to make 3D printing mainstream with a new system designed for children

In a World of Smart Everything, Printers Have Finally Caught Up
... we’re saying is, we want to avoid meeting places that, well, should have never become meeting places. What are we talking about? Slow printers. ...