i960 Canon printer...what other brands can I use for photos

Just curious because Costco sells other photo paper here but not the canon
brand.
I think they sell the Kodak and Epson photo paper there.

TIA

0
Gary

>Just curious because Costco sells other photo paper here but not the canon
>brand.
>I think they sell the Kodak and Epson photo paper there.

I use Epson papers with my i960 with great success.  My favorite among the
Epson varieties is ColorLife.  I am partial to semi gloss or lustre papers.
YMMV

John

0
jmoorets
4/27/2004 11:53:40 PM
On 27 Apr 2004 23:53:40 GMT, jmoorets@aol.com (JMooreTS) wrote:

>>Just curious because Costco sells other photo paper here but not the canon
>>brand.
>>I think they sell the Kodak and Epson photo paper there.
>
>I use Epson papers with my i960 with great success.  My favorite among the
>Epson varieties is ColorLife.  I am partial to semi gloss or lustre papers.
>YMMV
>
>John

I use Epson from Costco and have very nice results with my i960. I use the
highest paper quality setting.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
0
John
4/28/2004 1:14:08 AM
The Costco Epson glossy prints great on the 960 using the Canon Photopaper
Plus Glossy setting.

0
bmoag
4/30/2004 12:37:02 AM
Thanks guys.

With the ink from Atlantic inkjets coming and the paper from Costco, it will
really make for low cost photos!!!

"bmoag" <aetoo@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> The Costco Epson glossy prints great on the 960 using the Canon Photopaper
> Plus Glossy setting.

0
Gary
4/30/2004 3:43:37 AM
Gary wrote:

>With the ink from Atlantic inkjets coming and the paper from Costco, it will
>really make for low cost photos!!!

That's the way to do it. I print my photos for less than any photo lab
can print them, and I don't have to wait. :)
0
Bill
4/30/2004 7:46:45 PM
I was just comparing a set of 4x6s I got done at Costco, I wanted 3 sets and
only got 2, no problem they printed another set for me from the negs.  What
a difference in the 2 different sets of the same pictures.  Colors were
totally different.

On top of that 75% of the pictures are not album quality and will sit in my
tote boxes.  Got people blinking, too far away, shaded faces, blurred,
turned heads, etc etc.

With the digital, if the pic is too bad and I know I don't want it I can
delete it right away.  Then when I download to computer I can pic and choose
what I want to print and can fool around with what the output is going to
look like.

So to get back to my original point. I printed some of my first pictures and
was blown away.  They look way better than what comes out of the Costco
"lab".  In the future I plan that when relatives come over they can pic and
choose pictures and I can send them home with some.  Family gatherings, take
pictures and send them home with some too.  The other day my daughter had a
birthday party.  Took a bunch of pictures and printed of a set of the best
pics for each kid and sent them home with them.

This technology is too cool!

"Bill" <bill@c.a> wrote in message news:fKmdnTVpdaC4MA_dRVn-uQ@golden.net...
> Gary wrote:
>
> >With the ink from Atlantic inkjets coming and the paper from Costco, it
will
> >really make for low cost photos!!!
>
> That's the way to do it. I print my photos for less than any photo lab
> can print them, and I don't have to wait. :)

0
Gary

I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi. Plus they are about the same price on newegg.com. Are there any features that the i860 has that the MP360 doesn't? Otherwise why not get the MP360 and get a scanner too. any info would be appreciated. Canon i860 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9387&item=9442&section=10214 Canon MP360 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9527&item=9632&section=10223 Most people BUY a product based on how THEY will use the product. Maybe the first think you need to do sort out is your own imaging needs. "sydemon" <sydegun@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:49cf01cc.0405051118.15975f6@posting.google.com... : I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The : MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. : I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, : except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit : faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo : paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Canon i950 vs. i960 photo printer
Hello, I just bought my first digital camera (Canon PowerShot A70). Now I'm ready to buy my first photo printer. I like the Canon i950 and have read great things about it, but then I found some articles about a new printer coming out in October called Canon i960. It looks like it's the same printer as the i950, except it has a high-speed USB and is able to print directly from a digital camera, whereas the i950 could not. The puzzling thing is that the i960 is going to be much cheaper than the i950. Why would that be?!? The i960 is about $199 and the i950 is about $249. So ...

Can I use other bluetooth adapter for canon printer.
Hi, I just recieve canon aii in one. I bought it through online with macbook pro for $100 rebate. I know, It is my mistake didn't make sure my printer not built in bluetooth. I try to buy the bluetooth adapter and turns out it's about $75. I'm paying $25 for my printer and paying $75 for adapter is kind of crazy, I found some of other manufactur's bluetooth adapter and it's cheep. so, I wander if i use other adapter can I use wireless way, or only canon adapter will work? anyone tried it? Thank you. ...

Printer sharing over wireless using Printopia
We are trying to share a printer for use by iPad users. The printer is dire= ctly connected to a Mac running Printopia. Both the Mac and all of the iPad= s are connected to the same WLAN. It's working fine at one location, but no= t at all at another location (iPads cannot see the printer). The location i= t works at has standalone APs (mostly 1131AGs). The site it does not work a= t has lightweight APs (4402 WLC running 6.0.199.4, also with 1131AGs). The = controller has multicast enabled, has multicast mode set to 'multicast', an= d has a multicast address set to 239.21.0....

New Canon iPF 5000 photo printer better than Epson K-3 printers??
Hi all. I just came across this very favorable review of a new Canon photo printer with 12 (yes, twelve) ink carts. http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/canon-ipf5000.shtml. The reviewer is very positive on this printer and sees it as a strong competitor to the Epson 4800. What do you all think? Check out the cost of cartridges! Oh, the review didn't speak about a capability to print on CDs. :) Joe Average ...

Non-brand name inks for Canon i960 printer
I recently bought a Canon i960 and have been very impressed so far. While I like the photo quality, speed, quietness and ease of use as well as the 6 separate ink tanks, I am NOT impressed with paying $12 for each cartridge. I am planning on printing a lot of photos for primarily personal use so ink cost will be an issue. What advice can people give about using off-brand ink cartridges and/or refill kits? Are there any reference sites, rating/reviews of vendors, etc? I am concerned about the quality of the photos but even more so by the potential harm done to my new printer. Any a...

Choosing the Right Photo Printer.(hp photo printer binoculars)
hp photo printer binoculars, The photo printers in the market provide great quality photo printing; they are affordable and easy to use. If you choose the right photo printer, you can easily print great digital photos and be amazed. If you do not feel ready to start using a photo printer yet, you can also find an inkjet printer that produces good quality high resolution pictures. There are also mobile photo printers if you are planning to print on the go. Here are the important points to consider when buying a photo printer: Resolution, Resolution is one of the most important...

Canon printer, can I reduce the amount of black ink being used?
I couldn't find the paper I used to buy for making flyers and brochures. So, I got another paper that is very nice, but isn't quite as compatible with my printer. It is a glossy flyer type paper. It prints fine except for black, which pools since it isn't being absorbed well enough. I managed to solve the problem with photos by reducing the opacity of the photo to 75%. Then it prints fine. What I need to figure out is how to adjust text in a word processor file. I managed to fix today's problem by changing the black text to dark blue. That comes out fine. But I w...

What brand Printable CDR to use with Canon i865/i965 printers
Hi Has anyone had experience with various brand of blank printable CDR's for use with Canon i865/965 printers. Canon recommend Maxell but these are difficult to obtain in the uk. Verbatim are easier to obtain but I have no idea if they print ok. Bryan ...

Can You Use those 7-Series Canon Cartridges in Printers Sold in the US?
In Japan, Canon sells the "Pixus" line of inkjets that looks the same on the outside as their American versions. For instance, the Pixus iP3100 looks like the iP3000, while the iP4100 looks like the iP4000. Of course, the 7-series ink is not even available here, but I was just wondering anyway. Are the cartridges interchangeable between the siblings? Thanks. ...

"Photo" printers cheaper than "non-photo" printers?
I'm looking for a "non-photo" printer and from what I'm seeing, for the most part, non photo printers are more expensive than photo printers. Why? Monica "Monica" <nospam@guess.com> wrote in message news:akiee.15829$yV4.6261@okepread03... > I'm looking for a "non-photo" printer and from what I'm seeing, for the most > part, non photo printers are more expensive than photo printers. Why? I'm doing the same because I already have an Epson 2100 for printing photos. I think the reason for this strange price difference is because they are aimed at office use rather than home use. Check the "duty cycle" figures in the specs. This is the number of pages per month the printer is designed to handle (a measure of how rugged it is). Monica wrote: >I'm looking for a "non-photo" printer and from what I'm seeing, for the most >part, non photo printers are more expensive than photo printers. Why? >Monica > > Because they are usually business printers and made for speed with reasonable quality. The HP 1200 is one of the models out there. > > > There are a few reasons non-photo printers are more costly at original acquisition. 1) as mentioned they are usually designed for more durability, ease of use, etc, because they will be moving a LOT more paper through them. Most of the printing will be text or small gr...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

Can a USB port used by a printer be used for a scanner?
I've tried installing a scanner by connecting it to a USB port normally used for a printer. Can I do this? Like, when I want to use the printer or scanner i just connect then to the same port when needed? I would have thought so, but for some reason I can't see the scanner after installing the software In principle, yes, you can do that. However, some devices will only work with root ports (motherboard ports) and won't work on a hub port. And a particular product's drivers might behave in an unconventional way that, for that device, prohibited a mode of operation t...

Can a photo printer print non-photos from a media card?
Is there a photo printer that can print non photo files( .doc, .txt, ..pdf, etc.) from a CF or SM card? (I'm looking at the Epson R320 but it's not clear whether this could be done.) Thanks! "MJ Frog" <mjfrog58@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d022a6b7.0410141431.330fa570@posting.google.com... > Is there a photo printer that can print non photo files( .doc, .txt, > .pdf, etc.) from a CF or SM card? I have never heard of one that will print non-photo files. I am fairly certain that at least all the HP printers will not do this. Regards, Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP Epson printers can do this with no problems. "Safetymom123" <safetymom123@prodigy.net> wrote in message news:HdQbd.14916$so5.5712@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com... > Epson printers can do this with no problems. Which Epson printers? I find it hard to believe that any consumer level desktop printer will have capability to interpret .doc files in standalone mode. If connected to a computer HP printers will do this since the memory cards appear as an extra drive. You could put the cart in the printer, open Word, then open the file and print it through Word and the printer driver. I *think* the original poster was requesting the ability to print files standalone. I have not seen a printer that will do this for not-photo files from a card. Regards, Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employe...

using the printer object, how do I tell what my default printer is
I want to set the margins on a report to specific settings so I'm thinking this will set the prt object to my default printer Dim prt As Printer Set prt = Application.Printers(0) but it doesn't and application.printers.count correct shows that I have eight possible printers so I could cycle through them if there was a prt property for 'default printer' but I can't find one is there a way to do this ? On Nov 9, 5:19=A0pm, Roger <lesperan...@natpro.com> wrote: > I want to set the margins on a report to specific settings > so I'm thinking this will...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

Can I use postscript or PCL to tell the printer which paper bin to use?
I'm looking for an automated way to print out PDF files from a server that will also tell my HP LJ5500 printer which paper bin to use for printing. Is this possible? Any pointer is appreciated. Thanks in advance. pnlam wrote: > I'm looking for an automated way to print out PDF files from a server > that will also tell my HP LJ5500 printer which paper bin to use for > printing. Is this possible? Yes. Open the PPD for the printer in question and search for the keyword "InputSlot". You'll have to insert the specific PS calls, eg. <</ManualFeed fals...

Printer Ink

Canon i960 Printer Utility
Mac OS 10.3.3 My i960 set up well when I first plugged in and ran the sutup utility. Now that I have been using it I am unable to print a test pattern or adjust the head alignment. Every time I open the Printer Utility and ask for the pattern or the cleaning I am told that I have "Error: 19. Utility function cannot be used because the printer is performing processing. Make sure the printer has finished processing, and try again." I have made sure that there are no jobs on line, I have stopped and started the printer. Nothing helps. What am I missing? Larry I have n...

Which Canon photo printer would you buy?
I'm researching and focusing on: 1. Canon i960 sells for $199.99 2. Canon i900D - $249.99 3. Canon S900 - $309.94, a refurbished one for about $80-$110 Are the last 2 better in any way than #1? Should I get involved with the refurbished one? Thanks for any input. "Valentin" <labandera63@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht news:sw7Hb.5988$Vv2.2858248@news1.news.adelphia.net... > I'm researching and focusing on: > > 1. Canon i960 sells for $199.99 > 2. Canon i900D - $249.99 > 3. Canon S900 - $309.94, a refurbished one for about $80-$...

Web resources about - i960 Canon printer...what other brands can I use for photos - comp.periphs.printers

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

Can you really get a solid all-in-one printer, copier and scanner for just $90?
... Deals team's advice. And in this case, we're going to help you upgrade to the Epson WorkForce WF-3620 WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, ...

Mattel unveils ThingMaker, a 3D printer for kids
Toy company hopes to make 3D printing mainstream with a new system designed for children

ThingMaker is a $300 3D Printer For Kids That Makes Toys
The two things holding 3D printers back from mainstream adoption is cost and relative difficulty of use. While they have been going down in price, ...