IBM 6400 printer - error: "089 ribbon stall?"

I get error "089 ribbon stall." I removed and cleaned the shuttle and
the ribbon guide yet it still stalls after a few seconds. I replaced
the ribbon twice and use only IBM ribbons. Any idea what it could be?
Possibly a drive associated with the ribbon mechanism? Or??? Anyone
have the manual?

0
lizz9911

On 25 Nov 2006 16:56:44 -0800, "lizz9911@yahoo.com"
<lizz9911@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I get error "089 ribbon stall." I removed and cleaned the shuttle and
>the ribbon guide yet it still stalls after a few seconds. I replaced
>the ribbon twice and use only IBM ribbons. Any idea what it could be?
>Possibly a drive associated with the ribbon mechanism? Or??? Anyone
>have the manual?

This parts and service manual is available for purchase and instant
download at http://www.justmanuals.com

Want to Fix Something?

http://www.manuals4you.com

http://www.justmanuals.com
Instant download after purchase

0
Mr

"Photo" printers cheaper than "non-photo" printers?
I'm looking for a "non-photo" printer and from what I'm seeing, for the most part, non photo printers are more expensive than photo printers. Why? Monica "Monica" <nospam@guess.com> wrote in message news:akiee.15829$yV4.6261@okepread03... > I'm looking for a "non-photo" printer and from what I'm seeing, for the most > part, non photo printers are more expensive than photo printers. Why? I'm doing the same because I already have an Epson 2100 for printing photos. I think the reason for this strange price differe...

hobbicolors.com review: 4 color printer = "hot", 6 color printer = "not"
I haven't posted for a while. I assume that all the main characters are still here. Measekite, Frank, Burt, Dan G, a teacher, a retired HP employee, TJ, Talyisian and etc. Well about a year ago I posted that I tested an i960 canon printer (6 color printer) with hobbicolor ink. I was disappointed with the results. The photos it printed was not acceptable. However, a few months later, the same ink was tested on a 4 color canon printer. Wow! It printed incredible. I'd say it was OEM quality. That was without any software modification. Actually it was tested by hooking...

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""

Can a printer+airport be a "network" printer?
Situation: We have an Airport Extreme, and plugged into it is an HP LaserJet 1300 printer. When we first got it, we had two Mac Powerbooks, and I set up the printer from PB1. With only a bit of twiddling, we got PB2 to use it. So far, so good. But then, one day, it refused to work from PB2. Huh? With a bit more experimenting, we discovered that when we opened the lid of PB1, PB2 could use the printer. When we closed PB1's lid, PB2 lost contact with the printer. Recently, I upgraded a nearby linux box to the latest rev (of knoppix, FWIW). When I started up the CUPS stuff, it discover...

Do printer ribbons "dry out" with age?
I have a Star Micronics NX-1000 dot matrix 9-pin printer. It uses a black nylon ribbon. Does that type ribbon "dry out" with age? I'm speaking of a new ribbon, in original container, sitting on the shelf. Or is the "ink" a type of material that can't "dry out"? They are sooooo much cheaper if you buy them 6 at a time, but I don't do that much printing. It would be 5-6 years before I started using the last ribbon from a 6 pack of ribbons. Thank you........ Lee Carkenord yes they dry out <carkenord@juno.com> wrot...

IBM Printer "Swearing" Device...
I got an IBM 1038-958 (P/N, may not have the hyphen in it) from someone here on the group. I know it to be a printer sharing device, but I'll be darned if I can find any information concerning how to actually use it....perhaps it was not popular? It has three "AA" batteries installed in its battery compartment. I've tried to power it up, but it doesn't seem to do anything when turned on. Any thoughts on how to actually use this? Should I even bother? William William R. Walsh wrote: > I got an IBM 1038-958 (P/N, may not have the hyphen in it) from so...

"If then; if then;" and "If then; if;"

Different printer configs- install as "separate printers?"
We have a Samsung printer that can print double-sided. At present we have to set the double-sided option through printer properties each time we want to print from an application. Can we do a second install of this printer, where double-sided is on by default? We have our printer connected directly to our network hub. We thank you. --Maggie-- PS: Bloody awful, the way the royals are carrying about these days. Lady Margaret Thatcher wrote: > We have a Samsung printer that can print double-sided. At present we > have to set the double-sided option through print...

Printers: current "best" inkjet printer for FreeBSD?
As my current printer (an old Lexmark Z32) is starting to get old (it is ok, it has served my needs well for over five years now), I'm slowly and carefully looking for a new inkjet printer. Of course I wonder what is currently the "best" inkjet printer for FreeBSD. For my definition of "best" see below. "Best" (in this relation) means: - it must be cheap (not necessarily the cheapest) - ink cartridges must be (reatively) cheap - it must be possible to connect it directly to a FreeBSD machine and use a driver that works under FreeBSD (ghostscri...

Windows shared printer not listed under "Printer Model"
I am sharing a HP DeskJet 5550 from a windows machine and would like to print to it from OS X 10.4. The problem is that the printer model is not listed under the HP printers. If I hook up the printer directly to my mac I can print without any problems. What should I select in the list of printer models? Is there a way to install a driver that will add my printer model to the list? Thanks, Nathan Nathan Funk wrote: > I am sharing a HP DeskJet 5550 from a windows machine and would like to > print to it from OS X 10.4. > > The problem is that the printer model...

"or" and "and"

why "::", not "."

Printer Setup Utility crash on "add printer"
OS X 10.3.7, Ti Powerbook, Epson Stylus C66, USB. When I try to add the printer, the Printer Setup Utility crashes, giving me a "send to Apple" stack dump. I've removed and reinstalled the Epson packages 1 and 2, and it still crashes. It's a new printer, and I can't see any reason why this would happen, especially since System Profiler sees an Epson printer on the USB port. Has anyone else had a problem with Printer Setup Utility crashing when trying to add a printer? Andrew In article <adiseker-56CF10.00281224122004@new...

Web resources about - IBM 6400 printer - error: "089 ribbon stall?" - comp.periphs.printers