IBM Network 12 Printer Model 4312. "error P1 paperjam"

Please Help me!
I am working on a IBM Network 12 Printer Model 4312. The paper is
stopping as it hits the first set of rollers. The error I am
recieving is "error P1 paperjam. When I feed the paper manually
from the front it works fine. It also seems to work when you first
start it up for a few sheets and then jams. The paper is straight
and ther doesn't apear to be anything wrong. Is this a common
problem? Is there a replacment kit for this problem, like roller
replacenent, ect? I don't have access to a manual.
Thank You!!
Pete

0
pabstbr

"pabstbr" <pabstbr4444@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Please Help me!
>I am working on a IBM Network 12 Printer Model 4312. The paper is
>stopping as it hits the first set of rollers. The error I am
>recieving is "error P1 paperjam. When I feed the paper manually
>from the front it works fine. It also seems to work when you first
>start it up for a few sheets and then jams. The paper is straight
>and ther doesn't apear to be anything wrong. Is this a common
>problem? Is there a replacment kit for this problem, like roller
>replacenent, ect? I don't have access to a manual.
>Thank You!!
>Pete

Pete
I don't know this model but there are two most likely causes.
Firstly a small piece of paper obstructing the paper path.
Secondly the pick up roller(s) are worn, you can try to increase their life by
cleaning them with isopropyl alcohol or a rubber rejuvenator (careful, this
stuff can dissolve plastic). Failing that replacement of the roller and maybe a
separation pad is the only option and I am sure kits are available, some
suppliers provide replacement instructions. Google for "ibm 4312 pick up
roller" for lots of hits.
Tony
0
Tony

Ibm Network 12 Printer Error P1 paperjam?
I am working on a IBM Network 12 laser printer model 4312. The printer works fine from the manual front feed. When the paper is fed from the tray the paper stops as it hits the first set of rollers and gives the error P1 paperjam. There does not seem to be anything wrong. The printer is about 6 years old. Is ths a common problem on these printers? Is ther a repair kit for this? Thanks Pete ...

IBM Network 12 printer Error P1 paperjam? #2
I am working on a IBM Network 12 laser printer model 4312. The printer works fine from the manual front feed. When the paper is fed from the tray the paper stops as it hits the first set of rollers and gives the error P1 paperjam. There does not seem to be anything wrong. The printer is about 6 years old. Is ths a common problem on these printers? Is ther a repair kit for this? ...

Can a printer+airport be a "network" printer?
Situation: We have an Airport Extreme, and plugged into it is an HP LaserJet 1300 printer. When we first got it, we had two Mac Powerbooks, and I set up the printer from PB1. With only a bit of twiddling, we got PB2 to use it. So far, so good. But then, one day, it refused to work from PB2. Huh? With a bit more experimenting, we discovered that when we opened the lid of PB1, PB2 could use the printer. When we closed PB1's lid, PB2 lost contact with the printer. Recently, I upgraded a nearby linux box to the latest rev (of knoppix, FWIW). When I started up the CUPS stuff, it discover...

"Photo" printers cheaper than "non-photo" printers?
I'm looking for a "non-photo" printer and from what I'm seeing, for the most part, non photo printers are more expensive than photo printers. Why? Monica "Monica" <nospam@guess.com> wrote in message news:akiee.15829$yV4.6261@okepread03... > I'm looking for a "non-photo" printer and from what I'm seeing, for the most > part, non photo printers are more expensive than photo printers. Why? I'm doing the same because I already have an Epson 2100 for printing photos. I think the reason for this strange price differe...

Windows shared printer not listed under "Printer Model"
I am sharing a HP DeskJet 5550 from a windows machine and would like to print to it from OS X 10.4. The problem is that the printer model is not listed under the HP printers. If I hook up the printer directly to my mac I can print without any problems. What should I select in the list of printer models? Is there a way to install a driver that will add my printer model to the list? Thanks, Nathan Nathan Funk wrote: > I am sharing a HP DeskJet 5550 from a windows machine and would like to > print to it from OS X 10.4. > > The problem is that the printer model...

hobbicolors.com review: 4 color printer = "hot", 6 color printer = "not"
I haven't posted for a while. I assume that all the main characters are still here. Measekite, Frank, Burt, Dan G, a teacher, a retired HP employee, TJ, Talyisian and etc. Well about a year ago I posted that I tested an i960 canon printer (6 color printer) with hobbicolor ink. I was disappointed with the results. The photos it printed was not acceptable. However, a few months later, the same ink was tested on a 4 color canon printer. Wow! It printed incredible. I'd say it was OEM quality. That was without any software modification. Actually it was tested by hooking...

"Access is Denied" error when printing to a network printer
I have a server that has a bunch of printers that it connects to via IP. These printers are also shared so the other users can access the printers. Since yesterday, we have not been able to print to the printers and are getting an "Access is Denied" error when trying to print a test page. I have tried to print this test page locally from the server with the Administrator account. The only thing that has happened, was that someone had changed the domain Administrator password yesterday. I can not see why that would cause this problem though. Anyone have any experience o...

IBM 6400 printer
I get error "089 ribbon stall." I removed and cleaned the shuttle and the ribbon guide yet it still stalls after a few seconds. I replaced the ribbon twice and use only IBM ribbons. Any idea what it could be? Possibly a drive associated with the ribbon mechanism? Or??? Anyone have the manual? On 25 Nov 2006 16:56:44 -0800, "lizz9911@yahoo.com" <lizz9911@yahoo.com> wrote: >I get error "089 ribbon stall." I removed and cleaned the shuttle and >the ribbon guide yet it still stalls after a few seconds. I replaced >the ribbon twice and use ...

IBM Network Printer 17 (4317) "extra" part
I am a happy owner of an IBM Network Printer 17 (IBM type 4317) printer. It works well, and has absolutely no problems with it... Except that I have an "extra" part that fell out of it one day! I was not present when the part in question "fell out", so I can only guess where and how it has appeared. It is a polystyrene plastic cover, about 10.5 in long and 3 in wide. It has a latch on one side, and a couple of tabs on the other side. Imprint in the top right corner says: COVER INNER POLY STYREN VS400 E51311(M) >PS-MI< As I have said, the printer works ...

FIX: HP 4000/4050 "41.5 Printer Error", printer printing blanks
Hello everyone Just posting this in the hope of making it easier for someone else down the line - we have an HP LaserJet 4050 that suddenly started throwing a 41.5 Printer Error and printing blanks. The fix turned out to be very easy but if I hadn't figured it out it may have resulted in an expensive service call. My separation roller - the blue & grey roller in the paper tray - had moved out of place. I just pushed it back in place and it was fixed. Here's a page that has pictures of the separation and feed rollers on a 4000 series printer. The separation roller is part of the...

HP LaserJet III-Error code 12 "Printer Open" problem
This printer was just put into service 3 years ago although it was made in 1990. It is new out of the box and has printed less than 1000 pages. When turned on it cycles through the self test and into the printer open error. I have checked the obvious items including all switches, DC voltage, most cable connections, ground connections and have changed cartridges. I would scrap this machine except it is like new, it's fast ,quite, and I have several extra cartridges. Anybody have any ideas on fixing this problem? >HP LaserJet III-Error code 12 "Printer Open" problem ...

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""

Network printer keeps "falling off".
Hi, We have a photocopier with 2x network cards, one is for scan-to-file, the other so we can use it as a network printer. The scan-to-file works fine, but the printer card seems to lose its connection to the network after anything from 1 to several hours of uptime. Pinging the IP address gives no response. Power cycling brings it back online again. We have lots of other network printers & never had this problem. The suppliers have changed the network card but it's the same with the new one, so they are saying there must be a problem with our network. It's a standard MS Wi...

IBM Printer "Swearing" Device...
I got an IBM 1038-958 (P/N, may not have the hyphen in it) from someone here on the group. I know it to be a printer sharing device, but I'll be darned if I can find any information concerning how to actually use it....perhaps it was not popular? It has three "AA" batteries installed in its battery compartment. I've tried to power it up, but it doesn't seem to do anything when turned on. Any thoughts on how to actually use this? Should I even bother? William William R. Walsh wrote: > I got an IBM 1038-958 (P/N, may not have the hyphen in it) from so...

"out" and "in out"

"/a" is not "/a" ?

"If then; if then;" and "If then; if;"

"my" and "our"

Different printer configs- install as "separate printers?"
We have a Samsung printer that can print double-sided. At present we have to set the double-sided option through printer properties each time we want to print from an application. Can we do a second install of this printer, where double-sided is on by default? We have our printer connected directly to our network hub. We thank you. --Maggie-- PS: Bloody awful, the way the royals are carrying about these days. Lady Margaret Thatcher wrote: > We have a Samsung printer that can print double-sided. At present we > have to set the double-sided option through print...

about "++" and "--"

why "::", not "."

"Escher" models (was "Modelling Exercise")
Following Heikki's "Modelling Exercise", I made some more "impossible geometry" models They're on http://www.dynabits.com/gallery/escher.htm The "strange hex nut" is very simple to model once you get the idea from someone else... The "Penrose Triangle" is IMHO very challenging. Took me a long time to model something far from perfect... Can anyone make it simpler and better ? This gave me an idea for an enhancement request (or an add-in...) : add a way do draw and constrain sketches in view coordinates, for example to draw a triangle that looks e...

Web resources about - IBM Network 12 Printer Model 4312. "error P1 paperjam" - comp.periphs.printers