IBM Network Printer 17 (4317) "extra" part

I am a happy owner of an IBM Network Printer 17 (IBM type 4317) printer.
It works well, and has absolutely no problems with it... Except that I
have an "extra" part that fell out of it one day!
I was not present when the part in question "fell out", so I can only
guess where and how it has appeared.
It is a polystyrene plastic cover, about 10.5 in long and 3 in wide. It
has a latch on one side, and a couple of tabs on the other side. Imprint
in the top right corner says:
COVER INNER
POLY STYREN VS400
E51311(M)
>PS-MI<
As I have said, the printer works perfectly without this in place!

So, my questions... Does anyone have a service manual for an IBM Network
Printer 17? Can you look that up for me?
If someone here has another NP17 - can you take a look and tell me if
you can see this cover anywhere on/in your printer?
0
Valentin

Can a printer+airport be a "network" printer?
Situation: We have an Airport Extreme, and plugged into it is an HP LaserJet 1300 printer. When we first got it, we had two Mac Powerbooks, and I set up the printer from PB1. With only a bit of twiddling, we got PB2 to use it. So far, so good. But then, one day, it refused to work from PB2. Huh? With a bit more experimenting, we discovered that when we opened the lid of PB1, PB2 could use the printer. When we closed PB1's lid, PB2 lost contact with the printer. Recently, I upgraded a nearby linux box to the latest rev (of knoppix, FWIW). When I started up the CUPS stuff, it discover...

"Photo" printers cheaper than "non-photo" printers?
I'm looking for a "non-photo" printer and from what I'm seeing, for the most part, non photo printers are more expensive than photo printers. Why? Monica "Monica" <nospam@guess.com> wrote in message news:akiee.15829$yV4.6261@okepread03... > I'm looking for a "non-photo" printer and from what I'm seeing, for the most > part, non photo printers are more expensive than photo printers. Why? I'm doing the same because I already have an Epson 2100 for printing photos. I think the reason for this strange price differe...

hobbicolors.com review: 4 color printer = "hot", 6 color printer = "not"
I haven't posted for a while. I assume that all the main characters are still here. Measekite, Frank, Burt, Dan G, a teacher, a retired HP employee, TJ, Talyisian and etc. Well about a year ago I posted that I tested an i960 canon printer (6 color printer) with hobbicolor ink. I was disappointed with the results. The photos it printed was not acceptable. However, a few months later, the same ink was tested on a 4 color canon printer. Wow! It printed incredible. I'd say it was OEM quality. That was without any software modification. Actually it was tested by hooking...

IBM Network 12 Printer Model 4312. "error P1 paperjam"
Please Help me! I am working on a IBM Network 12 Printer Model 4312. The paper is stopping as it hits the first set of rollers. The error I am recieving is "error P1 paperjam. When I feed the paper manually from the front it works fine. It also seems to work when you first start it up for a few sheets and then jams. The paper is straight and ther doesn't apear to be anything wrong. Is this a common problem? Is there a replacment kit for this problem, like roller replacenent, ect? I don't have access to a manual. Thank You!! Pete "pabstbr" <pabstbr4444@...

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""

Network printer keeps "falling off".
Hi, We have a photocopier with 2x network cards, one is for scan-to-file, the other so we can use it as a network printer. The scan-to-file works fine, but the printer card seems to lose its connection to the network after anything from 1 to several hours of uptime. Pinging the IP address gives no response. Power cycling brings it back online again. We have lots of other network printers & never had this problem. The suppliers have changed the network card but it's the same with the new one, so they are saying there must be a problem with our network. It's a standard MS Wi...

IBM Printer "Swearing" Device...
I got an IBM 1038-958 (P/N, may not have the hyphen in it) from someone here on the group. I know it to be a printer sharing device, but I'll be darned if I can find any information concerning how to actually use it....perhaps it was not popular? It has three "AA" batteries installed in its battery compartment. I've tried to power it up, but it doesn't seem to do anything when turned on. Any thoughts on how to actually use this? Should I even bother? William William R. Walsh wrote: > I got an IBM 1038-958 (P/N, may not have the hyphen in it) from so...

Printer Setup Utility crash on "add printer"
OS X 10.3.7, Ti Powerbook, Epson Stylus C66, USB. When I try to add the printer, the Printer Setup Utility crashes, giving me a "send to Apple" stack dump. I've removed and reinstalled the Epson packages 1 and 2, and it still crashes. It's a new printer, and I can't see any reason why this would happen, especially since System Profiler sees an Epson printer on the USB port. Has anyone else had a problem with Printer Setup Utility crashing when trying to add a printer? Andrew In article <adiseker-56CF10.00281224122004@new...

Printers: current "best" inkjet printer for FreeBSD?
As my current printer (an old Lexmark Z32) is starting to get old (it is ok, it has served my needs well for over five years now), I'm slowly and carefully looking for a new inkjet printer. Of course I wonder what is currently the "best" inkjet printer for FreeBSD. For my definition of "best" see below. "Best" (in this relation) means: - it must be cheap (not necessarily the cheapest) - ink cartridges must be (reatively) cheap - it must be possible to connect it directly to a FreeBSD machine and use a driver that works under FreeBSD (ghostscri...

"If then; if then;" and "If then; if;"

about "++" and "--"

"/a" is not "/a" ?

Web resources about - IBM Network Printer 17 (4317) "extra" part - comp.periphs.printers