Input on HP 5150, HP 5550, or HP 5650 inkjet printers

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to decide between buying the Hewlett Packard 5150, 5550 or 5650
inkjet printer. I'm going to be using the printer mainly for text, but will
also be printing documents containing text and graphics/photos, so the
quality of print is important to me  Does anyone have any feedback on
experiences they've had with any of these printers?

Thanks,

Joanne

0
Joanne

My results with the 5550 & HP papers are excellent.
=====================================
"Joanne" <jnonkoh@DONTSPAMrogers.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to decide between buying the Hewlett Packard 5150, 5550 or 5650
> inkjet printer. I'm going to be using the printer mainly for text, but
will
> also be printing documents containing text and graphics/photos, so the
> quality of print is important to me  Does anyone have any feedback on
> experiences they've had with any of these printers?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joanne

0
Graham
10/12/2003 12:55:38 AM
5650 way to go fastest of the 3 for black text also is more compacat than
the 5550
"Graham" <rogerscom@rogers.com> wrote in message
> My results with the 5550 & HP papers are excellent.
> =====================================
> "Joanne" <jnonkoh@DONTSPAMrogers.com> wrote in message
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I'm trying to decide between buying the Hewlett Packard 5150, 5550 or
5650
> > inkjet printer. I'm going to be using the printer mainly for text, but
> will
> > also be printing documents containing text and graphics/photos, so the
> > quality of print is important to me  Does anyone have any feedback on
> > experiences they've had with any of these printers?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Joanne

0
Smith
10/12/2003 3:15:31 AM
"Joanne" <jnonkoh@DONTSPAMrogers.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to decide between buying the Hewlett Packard 5150, 5550 or 5650
> inkjet printer. I'm going to be using the printer mainly for text, but will
> also be printing documents containing text and graphics/photos, so the
> quality of print is important to me  Does anyone have any feedback on
> experiences they've had with any of these printers?

The DeskJet 5650 is the fastest of the three.  The 5550 and 5650 have automatic
paper sensors which will adjust the printing automatcally for plain paper,
inkjet papers, transparencies or photo papers.  The 5150 and 5650 will print
true 4 sided borderless photo prints on 4x6, 5x7, 8x10, 8.5x11 and various
metric sized photo papers.  The 5650 has a front panel selection for print
quality, in addition to the driver setting methods that are provided on the
5650 and the others.

The 5850 is like the 5650 but has built-in networking, both wired and wireless.

Regards,

Bob
10/12/2003 4:31:22 AM
I have just bought a 5652 and works great( a little noisy in draft mode).If
you want to print more text , buy the 6122 that has 42 ml black.

Question to Bob (again):Bob this noise in draft mode is normal?Should i use
a little grease?

"Bob Headrick" <bobh@proaxis.com> wrote in message

> "Joanne" <jnonkoh@DONTSPAMrogers.com> wrote in message
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I'm trying to decide between buying the Hewlett Packard 5150, 5550 or
5650
> > inkjet printer. I'm going to be using the printer mainly for text, but
will
> > also be printing documents containing text and graphics/photos, so the
> > quality of print is important to me  Does anyone have any feedback on
> > experiences they've had with any of these printers?
>
> The DeskJet 5650 is the fastest of the three.  The 5550 and 5650 have
automatic
> paper sensors which will adjust the printing automatcally for plain paper,
> inkjet papers, transparencies or photo papers.  The 5150 and 5650 will
print
> true 4 sided borderless photo prints on 4x6, 5x7, 8x10, 8.5x11 and various
> metric sized photo papers.  The 5650 has a front panel selection for print
> quality, in addition to the driver setting methods that are provided on
the
> 5650 and the others.
>
> The 5850 is like the 5650 but has built-in networking, both wired and
wireless.

> Regards,

XXXX
10/12/2003 10:14:07 AM
"XXXX" <dimitriskal1@tin.it> wrote in message
> I have just bought a 5652 and works great( a little noisy in draft mode).If
> you want to print more text , buy the 6122 that has 42 ml black.
>
> Question to Bob (again):Bob this noise in draft mode is normal?Should i use
> a little grease?

It is normal for a printer to be a bit more noisy in draft mode.  In this mode
the printer is making the tradeoff to optimize for speed and less about noise.

Do not grease anything in the printer as you can cause damage.

Regards,

Bob
10/12/2003 4:38:33 PM
Do you think that the 45 and 78 carts are better than 56 57 ?
Should i have buy the 6122?
Or these printers that use  carts (45 78)  will become discontinued?

Thank's a lot Bob

> "XXXX" <dimitriskal1@tin.it> wrote in message
> > I have just bought a 5652 and works great( a little noisy in draft
mode).If
> > you want to print more text , buy the 6122 that has 42 ml black.
> >
> > Question to Bob (again):Bob this noise in draft mode is normal?Should i
use
> > a little grease?
>
> It is normal for a printer to be a bit more noisy in draft mode.  In this
mode
> the printer is making the tradeoff to optimize for speed and less about
noise.

> Do not grease anything in the printer as you can cause damage.
>
> Regards,

XXXX
10/12/2003 4:55:04 PM
An other "issue" of 5652 : Every time that turn off the UPS the next time
printer needs realignment.Quality sucks.Is it normal?
> Do you think that the 45 and 78 carts are better than 56 57 ?
> Should i have buy the 6122?
> Or these printers that use  carts (45 78)  will become discontinued?
>
> Thank's a lot Bob
> "Bob Headrick" <bobh@proaxis.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "XXXX" <dimitriskal1@tin.it> wrote in message
> > > I have just bought a 5652 and works great( a little noisy in draft
> mode).If
> > > you want to print more text , buy the 6122 that has 42 ml black.
> > >
> > > Question to Bob (again):Bob this noise in draft mode is normal?Should
> use
> > > a little grease?
> >
> > It is normal for a printer to be a bit more noisy in draft mode.  In
this
> mode
> > the printer is making the tradeoff to optimize for speed and less about
> noise.
> >
> > Do not grease anything in the printer as you can cause damage.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP

0
XXXX
10/12/2003 4:58:49 PM
"XXXX" <dimitriskal1@tin.it> wrote in message
> Do you think that the 45 and 78 carts are better than 56 57 ?
> Should i have buy the 6122?
> Or these printers that use  carts (45 78)  will become discontinued?

The 45 and 78 cartridges are used in a different type of printers than the 56
and 57.  The 56/57 is a newer design and allows (in some printers) the use with
the photo #58 and/or photo gray 59 cartridges.

I would not expect any of these cartridges to be discontinued in this decade.
HP is still making cartridges first released some 20 years ago.  There are a
*lot* of printers that use these cartridges.

Regards,

Bob
10/12/2003 11:36:02 PM
> An other "issue" of 5652 : Every time that turn off the UPS the next time
> printer needs realignment.Quality sucks.Is it normal?

I do not think the printer should lose its alignment with a power off, but a
DeskJet printer should always be plugged into a live outlet rather than a
switched outlet like a power strip of UPS.  The printer uses very little power
in standby mode (I believe all current DeskJet printers are "Energy Star"
certified).  If the printer is disconnected from a power source it will lose
track of how long it has been since the last print job and may use more ink in
servicing the next time it goes to print.

Regards,

Bob
10/12/2003 11:40:29 PM

> "XXXX" <dimitriskal1@tin.it> wrote in message
> > Do you think that the 45 and 78 carts are better than 56 57 ?
> > Should i have buy the 6122?
> > Or these printers that use  carts (45 78)  will become discontinued?
>
> The 45 and 78 cartridges are used in a different type of printers than the
56
> and 57.  The 56/57 is a newer design and allows (in some printers) the use
with
> the photo #58 and/or photo gray 59 cartridges.
>
> I would not expect any of these cartridges to be discontinued in this
decade.
> HP is still making cartridges first released some 20 years ago.  There are
> *lot* of printers that use these cartridges.

I would add that the #78 42ml is good for 10 refills while the #78 with
quality ink up to 5 refills
this combo is hard to beat :)
> Regards,

Smith