Input on HP 5150, HP 5550, or HP 5650 inkjet printers

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to decide between buying the Hewlett Packard 5150, 5550 or 5650
inkjet printer. I'm going to be using the printer mainly for text, but will
also be printing documents containing text and graphics/photos, so the
quality of print is important to me  Does anyone have any feedback on
experiences they've had with any of these printers?

Thanks,

Joanne

0
Joanne

My results with the 5550 & HP papers are excellent.
=====================================
"Joanne" <jnonkoh@DONTSPAMrogers.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to decide between buying the Hewlett Packard 5150, 5550 or 5650
> inkjet printer. I'm going to be using the printer mainly for text, but
will
> also be printing documents containing text and graphics/photos, so the
> quality of print is important to me  Does anyone have any feedback on
> experiences they've had with any of these printers?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joanne

0
Graham
10/12/2003 12:55:38 AM
5650 way to go fastest of the 3 for black text also is more compacat than
the 5550
"Graham" <rogerscom@rogers.com> wrote in message
> My results with the 5550 & HP papers are excellent.
> =====================================
> "Joanne" <jnonkoh@DONTSPAMrogers.com> wrote in message
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I'm trying to decide between buying the Hewlett Packard 5150, 5550 or
5650
> > inkjet printer. I'm going to be using the printer mainly for text, but
> will
> > also be printing documents containing text and graphics/photos, so the
> > quality of print is important to me  Does anyone have any feedback on
> > experiences they've had with any of these printers?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Joanne

0
Smith
10/12/2003 3:15:31 AM
"Joanne" <jnonkoh@DONTSPAMrogers.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to decide between buying the Hewlett Packard 5150, 5550 or 5650
> inkjet printer. I'm going to be using the printer mainly for text, but will
> also be printing documents containing text and graphics/photos, so the
> quality of print is important to me  Does anyone have any feedback on
> experiences they've had with any of these printers?

The DeskJet 5650 is the fastest of the three.  The 5550 and 5650 have automatic
paper sensors which will adjust the printing automatcally for plain paper,
inkjet papers, transparencies or photo papers.  The 5150 and 5650 will print
true 4 sided borderless photo prints on 4x6, 5x7, 8x10, 8.5x11 and various
metric sized photo papers.  The 5650 has a front panel selection for print
quality, in addition to the driver setting methods that are provided on the
5650 and the others.

The 5850 is like the 5650 but has built-in networking, both wired and wireless.

Regards,

Bob
10/12/2003 4:31:22 AM
I have just bought a 5652 and works great( a little noisy in draft mode).If
you want to print more text , buy the 6122 that has 42 ml black.

Question to Bob (again):Bob this noise in draft mode is normal?Should i use
a little grease?

"Bob Headrick" <bobh@proaxis.com> wrote in message

> "Joanne" <jnonkoh@DONTSPAMrogers.com> wrote in message
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I'm trying to decide between buying the Hewlett Packard 5150, 5550 or
5650
> > inkjet printer. I'm going to be using the printer mainly for text, but
will
> > also be printing documents containing text and graphics/photos, so the
> > quality of print is important to me  Does anyone have any feedback on
> > experiences they've had with any of these printers?
>
> The DeskJet 5650 is the fastest of the three.  The 5550 and 5650 have
automatic
> paper sensors which will adjust the printing automatcally for plain paper,
> inkjet papers, transparencies or photo papers.  The 5150 and 5650 will
print
> true 4 sided borderless photo prints on 4x6, 5x7, 8x10, 8.5x11 and various
> metric sized photo papers.  The 5650 has a front panel selection for print
> quality, in addition to the driver setting methods that are provided on
the
> 5650 and the others.
>
> The 5850 is like the 5650 but has built-in networking, both wired and
wireless.

> Regards,

XXXX
10/12/2003 10:14:07 AM
"XXXX" <dimitriskal1@tin.it> wrote in message
> I have just bought a 5652 and works great( a little noisy in draft mode).If
> you want to print more text , buy the 6122 that has 42 ml black.
>
> Question to Bob (again):Bob this noise in draft mode is normal?Should i use
> a little grease?

It is normal for a printer to be a bit more noisy in draft mode.  In this mode
the printer is making the tradeoff to optimize for speed and less about noise.

Do not grease anything in the printer as you can cause damage.

Regards,

Bob
10/12/2003 4:38:33 PM
Do you think that the 45 and 78 carts are better than 56 57 ?
Should i have buy the 6122?
Or these printers that use  carts (45 78)  will become discontinued?

Thank's a lot Bob

> "XXXX" <dimitriskal1@tin.it> wrote in message
> > I have just bought a 5652 and works great( a little noisy in draft
mode).If
> > you want to print more text , buy the 6122 that has 42 ml black.
> >
> > Question to Bob (again):Bob this noise in draft mode is normal?Should i
use
> > a little grease?
>
> It is normal for a printer to be a bit more noisy in draft mode.  In this
mode
> the printer is making the tradeoff to optimize for speed and less about
noise.

> Do not grease anything in the printer as you can cause damage.
>
> Regards,

XXXX
10/12/2003 4:55:04 PM
An other "issue" of 5652 : Every time that turn off the UPS the next time
printer needs realignment.Quality sucks.Is it normal?
> Do you think that the 45 and 78 carts are better than 56 57 ?
> Should i have buy the 6122?
> Or these printers that use  carts (45 78)  will become discontinued?
>
> Thank's a lot Bob
> "Bob Headrick" <bobh@proaxis.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "XXXX" <dimitriskal1@tin.it> wrote in message
> > > I have just bought a 5652 and works great( a little noisy in draft
> mode).If
> > > you want to print more text , buy the 6122 that has 42 ml black.
> > >
> > > Question to Bob (again):Bob this noise in draft mode is normal?Should
> use
> > > a little grease?
> >
> > It is normal for a printer to be a bit more noisy in draft mode.  In
this
> mode
> > the printer is making the tradeoff to optimize for speed and less about
> noise.
> >
> > Do not grease anything in the printer as you can cause damage.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP

0
XXXX
10/12/2003 4:58:49 PM
"XXXX" <dimitriskal1@tin.it> wrote in message
> Do you think that the 45 and 78 carts are better than 56 57 ?
> Should i have buy the 6122?
> Or these printers that use  carts (45 78)  will become discontinued?

The 45 and 78 cartridges are used in a different type of printers than the 56
and 57.  The 56/57 is a newer design and allows (in some printers) the use with
the photo #58 and/or photo gray 59 cartridges.

I would not expect any of these cartridges to be discontinued in this decade.
HP is still making cartridges first released some 20 years ago.  There are a
*lot* of printers that use these cartridges.

Regards,

Bob
10/12/2003 11:36:02 PM
> An other "issue" of 5652 : Every time that turn off the UPS the next time
> printer needs realignment.Quality sucks.Is it normal?

I do not think the printer should lose its alignment with a power off, but a
DeskJet printer should always be plugged into a live outlet rather than a
switched outlet like a power strip of UPS.  The printer uses very little power
in standby mode (I believe all current DeskJet printers are "Energy Star"
certified).  If the printer is disconnected from a power source it will lose
track of how long it has been since the last print job and may use more ink in
servicing the next time it goes to print.

Regards,

Bob
10/12/2003 11:40:29 PM

> "XXXX" <dimitriskal1@tin.it> wrote in message
> > Do you think that the 45 and 78 carts are better than 56 57 ?
> > Should i have buy the 6122?
> > Or these printers that use  carts (45 78)  will become discontinued?
>
> The 45 and 78 cartridges are used in a different type of printers than the
56
> and 57.  The 56/57 is a newer design and allows (in some printers) the use
with
> the photo #58 and/or photo gray 59 cartridges.
>
> I would not expect any of these cartridges to be discontinued in this
decade.
> HP is still making cartridges first released some 20 years ago.  There are
> *lot* of printers that use these cartridges.

I would add that the #78 42ml is good for 10 refills while the #78 with
quality ink up to 5 refills
this combo is hard to beat :)
> Regards,

Smith

HP 960 C Deskjet printer
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not hel...

Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server.
I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and Windows 2000. Both drivers refuse to run. If anyone have successfully make the connection, please help!!! Ching-yeh Tzseng tzseng wrote: > I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP > OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer > server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and > Windows 2000. Both driver...

Fed up with my HP 5650 Inkjet printer
I bought this HP 5650 Inkjet printer two years ago after having owned several Epsons. I wasn't all that thrilled with the Epsons, as they seemed to run out of ink very fast and die shortly after the warranty ran out. The HP5650 was better in some ways and worse in others. The cartridges were more expensive but lasted longer. (I do mostly B&W printing). A few months ago, I installed Mac OS System X, 10.4.6 (Tiger) and also installed the proper drivers for it. The printer now crawled , and many of the earlier features, such as ink level remaining, disappeared. I emaile...

new hp pcl printers not compat with hp?
we have few hp1200, hp1015 and hp1160 printers working with dos app/pcl dos app prepares pcl font, sends it to the printer, and later sends page by page of clear text, it works nice with old printers new hp2014 is also very nice lpt pcl5 printer, but it has strange timeout if next page is not sent inside few seconds interval, printer resets previously downloaded fonts to default font, so successive pages became useless is there some pjl setting to remove this timeout [i've already seen few posts people canceled their new hp printer purchase by the reason they are not compatible with old pcl5 style] any suggestion? Have you tried PCL <Esc>*c5F command to designate the just downloaded font as 'permanent'? Just a thought... =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D On Mar 19, 1:28=A0pm, "sali" <s...@euroherc.hr> wrote: > =A0 =A0 =A0 we have few hp1200, hp1015 and hp1160 printers working with do= s > app/pcl > =A0 =A0 =A0 dos app prepares pcl font, sends it to the printer, and later = sends > page by page of clear text, it works nice with old printers > =A0 =A0 =A0 new hp2014 is also very nice lpt pcl5 printer, but it has stra= nge > timeout > =A0 =A0 =A0 if next page is not sent inside few seconds interval, printer = resets > previously ...

HP Photo Printers and HP 7410 Cartridges
Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? Yes You get far more natural colors skin tones the #58 is well worth it "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... > Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between > the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > "John" <john.boyzo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:cojvlf$o5f$1@possum.melbpc.org.au... > "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message > news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... >> Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between >> the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > Yes > You get far more natural colors skin tones > the #58 is well worth it The Officejet 7410 uses a new series of cartridges. In the US the photo cartridge is a #99, and it replaces the black cartridge and works with the color cartridge. The #58 cartridge is not compatible with the Officejet 7410. The photo cartridge gives somewhat better graduations of tones, especially in light areas such as sky or faces. Regards, Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP ...

Opinions: HP 5150 vs. HP 5650
There is a $50 difference between the HP 5150 and the HP 5650, but all I can determine is that the 5650 is a bit faster, 22 ppm vs. 19 ppm (black ink), plus you have the option to connect the 5650 with a parallel cable or a USB cable vs. no parallel option for the 5150. Can someone delineate the differences that would justify the extra $50? I don't know that I always NEED the best but I want my purchase to be worthwhile, so I'd like to believe the more expensive model would be the better choice. Feel free to disabuse me of that notion. I'm choosing HP because my DeskJet 8...

HP IIIP Printer / compared to / HP 2300 ??
I have a small office in connection with my business. I have used Hewlett Packard IIIP for about 12 years. It delivers a beautiful print, but is worn out, and is really slow. I bought a brand new HP 2300, which is a good, small printer, ideal for business use. Here is my problem: While the print quality of the new printer is very nice and high-quality laser print, I just simply cannot get the same "bold", deep , almost-saturated print look that I had with my IIIP. At first, I thought that I just needed to adjust the density menu setting, and/or the resolution settin...

Printer addendum for HP printer

FC3 : HP Printer Drivers For HP PSC 1610
Hi people , I have recently purchased a HP PSC-1610 all in one printer , scanner and copier and I have it installed on my Win 98 box and it works good. I also have a FC3 box connected to the Win 98 box and I want to use the HP printer from the FC3 as a networked printer and I am unsure about which driver to install on the FC3 box. The two drivers that I have downloaded are HPIJS HPLIP From the Linux Printing web page http://www.linuxprinting.org/ it says that the HPIJS is the one to use for basic printing functionality and the HPLIP is the driver for full functionality , IE ...

HP 5150 printer
Has anyone tried this using this printer with the hpijs driver? There is no information available at any of the usual sources of such information. Bob T. begin On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 20:14:51 +0000, Bob Tennent wrote: > Has anyone tried this using this printer with the hpijs driver? There is > no information available at any of the usual sources of such > information. Hmmm............... http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/documentIndex.jhtml?reg=&cc=&lc=en&prodId=hpdeskjet5304431&pagetype=faq&cat=faq&docparent=faq hp deskjet 5150 printer (e.g. deskjet 990cse) Tr...

Astech Hardcase for HP 32SII, HP 42S, HP 22S, HP 32S, HP 17BII, PIONEER SERIES
Just got some brand new Astech Industries hardcases. Email iqbal@tstt.net.tt for further information. Ideal hardcase for protecting your pioneer series calculator. ...

HP-49G, HP-49G+, HP-42S
Hmm.... Back when I was an engineering undergrad (1989) I purchased an HP-42S calculator. That calculator quickly became indispensible to me. Without it all my engineering homework and exams would have been much harder. To this day I still use it as my primary calculator. With the leather carrying case I purchased for it back then the calculator has remained in pristine condition save for a little dust now and then. I decided about a year ago to purchase the HP-49G because I honestly thought that HP was getting out of the calculator business forever and it had been over ten years since ...

HP 3380 printer and HP toolbox installation on a small network
Hi, I wonder whether anyone can help with an installation problem concerning an HP Laserjet 3380 All-in-one printer/scanner/fax/copier. We have a small Windows network of 5 PCs and have installed the 3380 as a network connected device by means of an HP Jetdirect 300X print server. 2 PCs in the office function correctly, using the HP toolbox (HTML based) software which enables the fax and scan-to-email functionality. 3 machines however fail to connect to the printer when Toolbox is run. The browser window shows a standard DNS error message "The page cannot be displayed". On the ma...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G Pinout Question...
Hi there, Can anyone please tell me if the HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G (not G+) have the same pinout? Also do they all use the same ten pin double row connector, 2mm headers? Also if yes above, do any other HP calculators have the same pinouts as above? Thanx. Therese wrote: > Can anyone please tell me if the HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G (not G+) > have the same pinout? Also do they all use the same ten pin double row > connector, 2mm headers? I know these calculators have the same hardware (apart from memory), then they have the same pinout. I know at least ...

hp 906c printer - cannot install new driver
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did ...

HP Printer Software to show INK Level? hp 932c
--------------------------------------------------- >Where can I get software that shows how much ink level I have left in >the cartridge. I have a HP 932c printer. The CD that came with my >printer was in french, so I found some drivers on the internet a couple of >years ago (in English). But mine does not show ink level. I have posted this before and as a result downloaded the latest software and drivers from the hp website. But my printer settings still don't show any ink level gage. Is there a 1-800 number for help with hp printers? tx [This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent to the cited author.] In article <Dl0Ib.95573$8Y4.612141@read2.cgocable.net>, "lbbs" <lbbs @dadffo.ca> says... > --------------------------------------------------- > >Where can I get software that shows how much ink level I have left in > >the cartridge. I have a HP 932c printer. The CD that came with my > >printer was in french, so I found some drivers on the internet a couple of > >years ago (in English). But mine does not show ink level. > > I have posted this before and as a result downloaded the latest software > and drivers from the hp website. But my printer settings still don't show > any ink level gage. Is there a 1-800 number for help with hp printers? tx You MUST have full bidrectional support for ink levels to wo...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

HP jetdirect 2552B and HP 1600cm printer config/update issues
I have a jetdirect 2552b network card and I tried to update it using web jetadmin software to a recent version it says it did not complete and it will not allow any config for the network ip and subnet addresses. How Can I recover from this. it is in a HP 1600cm printer. I have a 192.168.0.1.... network and it says it is 192.0.0.192 and I have no way to correct it. Thanks for the help, ps. A Windows 2000 network and unix (solaris) network in what is is attached to. On the seventh day, Jack Matthews wrote... > I have a jetdirect 2552b network card and I tried to update it using web >...

Problem while performing StretchBlt on HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050
Our application uses Windows GDI library to perform rendering and display of data/output onto the devices such as Screen and Printer. While I am trying to print the data onto a series of printers (HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050) I am facing a typical problem. Explaination ------------------ 1. Appropriate DC for the intended device is created [Printer DC created for a selected printer in this case] 2. The data is displayed onto the identified position onto the DC The details of data (fields) to be displayed and their position onto the DC is calculated before the prin...

Web resources about - Input on HP 5150, HP 5550, or HP 5650 inkjet printers - comp.periphs.printers

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Philips Hue Starter Kit $120, LifeProof FRĒ iPhone 6 Case $30, Brother AirPrint ...
... FRĒ Waterproof iPhone 6 Case in multiple colors: $30 shipped (Reg. $72) Get ready to file your taxes w/ this Brother AirPrint Laser Printer ...

Can you really get a solid all-in-one printer, copier and scanner for just $90?
... Deals team's advice. And in this case, we're going to help you upgrade to the Epson WorkForce WF-3620 WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, ...

Mattel unveils ThingMaker, a 3D printer for kids
Toy company hopes to make 3D printing mainstream with a new system designed for children

ThingMaker is a $300 3D Printer For Kids That Makes Toys
The two things holding 3D printers back from mainstream adoption is cost and relative difficulty of use. While they have been going down in price, ...