Is it possible to print from ABIO ( DOS program) to a copier-printer that uses an access code?

Hi

A friend of mine, accountant, bought a copier-printer and she wants to print
her documents from a DOS program, called ABIO. This program uses generic
drives and the driver for the copier-printer is not included. She installed
the copier-printer driver on her laptop, set the driver as a default
printer, and she could print to the copier-printer using a parallel cable.
So far so good.

As my friend is not the only one in her office using the copier-printer, she
wanted to activate the access code for the copier-printer. However, after
activating the access code on the copier-printer, and entering the same
access code in the driver settings, she cannot print anymore.

Is it because none of the generic drivers that comes with ABIO does not
support access codes? Can emulation help?

--

Thanks

Nick

The last loser is the first winner

0
Nick

"Nick" <psstcenter@shaw.ca> wrote in message

> A friend of mine, accountant, bought a copier-printer and she wants to
print
> her documents from a DOS program, called ABIO. This program uses generic
> drives and the driver for the copier-printer is not included. She
installed
> the copier-printer driver on her laptop, set the driver as a default
> printer, and she could print to the copier-printer using a parallel cable.
> So far so good.
>
> As my friend is not the only one in her office using the copier-printer,
she
> wanted to activate the access code for the copier-printer. However, after
> activating the access code on the copier-printer, and entering the same
> access code in the driver settings, she cannot print anymore.
>
> Is it because none of the generic drivers that comes with ABIO does not
> support access codes? Can emulation help?

1.  If your friend herself bought this printer, why does she
connect to it via the network and let other people use it?

2.  (Nearly) all DOS software prints via either a special
pre-printing formatter or a custom command set specific
to each type of printer.  This software cannot make room
for printer access codes, so must be separated from them,
so far as her workstation is concerned, but associated with
them so far as a network printer is concerned.  This problem
may be soluble, but not at an economic price:  the cheapest
solution is a custom printer for a single workstation printing
from a DOS app.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

0
Don
9/1/2005 1:54:26 AM
"Don Phillipson" <d.phillipson@ttrryytteell.com> wrote in message
> "Nick" <psstcenter@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>
> > A friend of mine, accountant, bought a copier-printer and she wants to
> print
> > her documents from a DOS program, called ABIO. This program uses generic
> > drives and the driver for the copier-printer is not included. She
> installed
> > the copier-printer driver on her laptop, set the driver as a default
> > printer, and she could print to the copier-printer using a parallel
cable.
> > So far so good.
> >
> > As my friend is not the only one in her office using the copier-printer,
> she
> > wanted to activate the access code for the copier-printer. However,
after
> > activating the access code on the copier-printer, and entering the same
> > access code in the driver settings, she cannot print anymore.
> >
> > Is it because none of the generic drivers that comes with ABIO does not
> > support access codes? Can emulation help?
>
> 1.  If your friend herself bought this printer, why does she
> connect to it via the network and let other people use it?

Everyone uses it via network as a printer and directly as a copier. The
access code is to keep track of each user.
To print from her DOS program, my friend needs to use LPT. Therefore, when
she wants to print, she brings her laptop close to the copier-printer,
disconects the network cable and uses the parallel cable.

> 2.  (Nearly) all DOS software prints via either a special
> pre-printing formatter or a custom command set specific
> to each type of printer.  This software cannot make room
> for printer access codes, so must be separated from them,
> so far as her workstation is concerned, but associated with
> them so far as a network printer is concerned.  This problem
> may be soluble, but not at an economic price:  the cheapest
> solution is a custom printer for a single workstation printing
> from a DOS app.

She has to print hundreds of pages .....   Thanks for the idea though.

0
Nick

Outsmarting DOS C compiler to print to USB printer -- use DOS interrupt?
I have a Borland Turbo C++ compiler (though I never use the "plus-plus" part), copyright 1990. I use this compiler to write simple programs, one of which I am quite dependent on. A month ago, my parallel-port-output printer died, and I got a Samsung printer that takes info from the USB port. Every time I go into DOS mode and try to send something to that printer, whether from a command line ("dir>prn"), or from one of my programs, I get an error message. It occured to me that if I called an interrupt from my DOS program, that's how I could send characters to my USB...

How to use USB printer in DOS program
How can I run a DOS report (running in Windows XP) on a USB (InkJet) printer. Please respond in this forum - email address is fake. Thanks. Mort On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 14:12:10 -0400, mortmid@bellsouth.net <mortmid@bellsouth.net> wrote the following to comp.os.msdos.misc: > How can I run a DOS report (running in Windows XP) on a USB (InkJet) > printer. Please respond in this forum - email address is fake. > Thanks. > > Mort Set the printer to be shared as a network printer, and then at a cmd.exe prompt type: NET USE LPT1: \\computer_name\printer_name /pe...

Is it possible to specify what printer to use in vb code
Hi I have an on click event in my acces 2000 database which open word and prints a mail merge document. This action is hidden and prints several copies of the document without the user ever seeing word. Is it possible to specify which printer is used as the document has to be printed on a printer that is no longer computer defualt printer. I don't really want to have to change it so that the users need to see the word document and select the correct printer everytime. Thanks for any help. Gillian Gilz wrote: > Hi > > I have an on click event in my acces 2000 database whic...

can I use laser printer with old dos programs
I am using several dos-based programs including quicken 6, wordperfect 5.1 and a billing program at my office. The programs serve my needs well and I know how to use them very well. I really do not need or to change the software. I have several Panasonic dot-matrix printers at home and at work. I am considering getting a laser printer to replace at least one of these. Can I use these dos programs with the laser printer? I have heard of somehow setting printers to emulate an Epson FX 80, but I have no idea if this will work or how to do this. Thanks. best bet is first check in the pr...

After the default printer has been changed by code in Access 2003, the application still directs a report to the former default printer.
Could someone please help? I am using the 'defaultprt.zip' tool provided by Ken Getz to change the default printer via VBA code (code below). My problem is that once the default printer has been changed, Access 2003 still directs the report to the former default printer. Access 2003 picks up the new default printer setting only after I have reopened the application. I have checked the default printer setting in the OS control panel and the code works well. This problem also occurs when an Access 2003 application is open and one changes the default printer manually in the control panel ...

Error in my code: tried to print to pdf using pdf printer on network
Hi all! I already read a lot of earlier questions on this subject, but the answers just didn't seem to help in my case. I hope one of you can help me out: Several persons will have access to my database. When they have added the network pdf printer (called "PDFCreator") they should be able to print single records as pdf documents. However, the button I've added to make this possible, does not work. Literally, it contains the following code: '**************************** Private Sub btnPrintAlsPDF_Click() On Error GoTo Err_btnPrintAlsPDF_Click Dim strDocName As St...

Queue of printer cycles, but printer does not print
Hi, we have two printers in our network, both connected to a different computer. When installed, they worked well, but now and then they refuse to print and they show a strange bahaviour. When looking in the Queue (Spooler), the print jobs are cycling. So, the first becomes the last while the second becomes the first, thirt becomes second, etc When we restart the computer, the printer starts printing, just befor shutdown. We Run XP-pro. Any ideas????? Thanks, Ben By the way, it is an old panasonic matrix printer (used for labels) and a HP officejet HP 1170c, bot...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

I am told that if you take a piece of paper that you printed on, put it back in the printer, and print on it again, that this will hurt the printer. Is this true?
I am told that if you take a piece of paper that you printed on, put it back in the printer, and print on it again, that this will hurt the printer. Is this true? "Enda80" <fasb80@gmail.com> wrote in message news:a1ec1b40-d0e7-4824-aa7d-c968a5a6a654@z66g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... >I am told that if you take a piece of paper that you printed on, put > it back in the printer, and print on it again, that this will hurt > the > printer. Is this true? I did it once and the printer was so hurt it bawled like a baby for 15 minutes! "Enda80&qu...

ATTAC "On the Fly printing" printing to default printer regardless of printer choice in dialog box.
Our application has used this PrintersClass module for some time without a problem but some new Toughbooks have caused problems. We use laser printers, usually the default choice, and some label printers. The label printers use the Seagull Scientific print drivers. The new notebooks will not print to the selected label printers even though the default printer for the report comes up in the dialog box as the selected printer. Even if you redundantly select this label printer again, before selecting print, you get the label printed to the user profile's default printer instead of the selecte...

using the printer object, how do I tell what my default printer is
I want to set the margins on a report to specific settings so I'm thinking this will set the prt object to my default printer Dim prt As Printer Set prt = Application.Printers(0) but it doesn't and application.printers.count correct shows that I have eight possible printers so I could cycle through them if there was a prt property for 'default printer' but I can't find one is there a way to do this ? On Nov 9, 5:19=A0pm, Roger <lesperan...@natpro.com> wrote: > I want to set the margins on a report to specific settings > so I'm thinking this will...

IE - Print to Default Printer
Hello, I have an .asp page that needs to print multiple, seperate text documents to 1 printer. That one printer could be any printer based on the user. I aldready have the hDC (Device Context) of their desired printer on a previous page. I simply want to do the Window.print or some other method to print these documents without having the Print Dialog box display forceing the user to select the same printer over and over again. This can be in either JavaScript or VBScript for all I care. Heck, even .Net if need-be. I just really need help. TIA, Kevin ...

Printer Ink

Printing from DOS on USB printer
Can anyone help and tell me if there is any way to print from a DOS program on a printer connected to an USB port under Windows 98? Thanks! Milan In article <20041011100547.00002615@scxcrvcaninm.scx.intranet.epfl.ch>, Milan Crvcanin <Milan.Crvcanin@epfl.ch> writes >Can anyone help and tell me if there is any way to print from a DOS program on a >printer connected to an USB port under Windows 98? > Depends on the DOS program. If it has a postscript driver, such as WordStar, you can print to a PS file and then use Ghostscript to print this. -- Thoss On ...

A printer attached to Windows report printer faulted printing
Does anybody knows how to solve this error? The output below is from a printer attached to an Windows Server root@sapunx10 # lpstat -p BAPRIP01 printer BAPRIP01 faulted printing BAPRIP01-0. enabled since Dec 28 11:03 2006. available. Windows NT LPD Server Printer BAPRIP01 Owner Status Jobname Job-Id Size Pages Priority ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- root (10.0. Waiting /etc/apache/httpd-s 1326 9402 0 1 cbpadm (10. Waiting /usr/sap/CBP/D01/da 240...

DOS printing on a network printer
Hello all, I have a small Win98 peer to peer TCP/IP network. One of my DOS programs on one system on the network prints PCL to a laser printer connected to LPT1. I now have a new network printer, HP1320n, that plugs straight into my network switch. The printer's IP is 192.168.1.10. This printer works perfectly from Windows, both using the PCL driver and the PS driver. When I open the Printer Properties/Details tab on the system that has the DOS program, the Port is shown as (again for both the PCL and PS drivers): hpLaserJet1320series (HP Standard TCP/IP Port) Now I want...

Using the printer from a C program !!
hi, This is the first time iam dealing with printers on linux and so have a limited knowledge.I will be controlling a printer attached to the printer port.Now with the docs i have been going throught on the net, these are some of the ways i summed up : 1.Users can directly use lpr - but i want to control it from my program 2.Using the lpd daemon - making a connection to the port on which the daemon is running.Iam not totally clear about the functions of lpr and lpd, and if at all this suitable for my case, how is it done ? 3.Use the /dev/lpx device - open the device and read an...

A Virtual Printer That Lets You Print Big Posters With ANY Printer
I want to announce a utility program I've published -- free software, GPL, this is not a commercial advertisement (and I don't ask for donations either) -- for the creation of posters . I think it could make it much easier for all kinds of interest groups to communicate their message. Basically, you can create a poster from anything you can print to a single page on your normal printer. The poster can be big -- 5 feet, or more, on a side, if you want. You can use any application to make it. You can grab an image from the internet using your web browser, for example. ...

How to print from Dos to USB printer
Hi all I have a program that only has the option to print to LPT ports - client has erroneously bought an HP PSC 1200 USB printer - is there a way / program to direct this printing to the USB printer? Thanks, Donald Leask Johannesburg, South Africa Share it and then do a NET USE LPT1 \\PCName\PrinterName /Persistent:yes Ian Boys DTE "Donald Leask" <donald@softdown.net> wrote in message news:d4i3mq$5tb$1@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net... > Hi all > > I have a program that only has the option to print to LPT ports - client > has > erroneously bought an HP PSC 1200 US...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

How can I send a print to a different printer than the default printer?
I want to send my print to a different printer than the default printer. The only argument i have is the 'cDevice'. Is it possible to do that ? Regards George Hi George, try this: FUNCTION SetDefaultPrinter(cPrinter AS STRING) AS LOGIC // Set the given printer to be the default printer // cPrinter: name of printer to be made default // returns: whether successful LOCAL hPrinter AS PTR LOCAL pInfo AS _WinPrinter_Info_2 LOCAL size AS DWORD LOCAL done AS LOGIC IF OpenPrinter(String2Psz(cPrinter), @hPrinter, NULL_PTR) GetPrinter(hPrinter, 2, NULL_PTR, 0, @size)...

Web resources about - Is it possible to print from ABIO ( DOS program) to a copier-printer that uses an access code? - comp.periphs.printers

Toshiba B-to-B Unit Tries to Shed Its Printer and Copier Image
Toshiba is launching a global print and digital push to show that its largest b-to-b unit provides more than just printers and copiers. Using ...

Can you really get a solid all-in-one printer, copier and scanner for just $90?
... advice. And in this case, we're going to help you upgrade to the Epson WorkForce WF-3620 WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, ...

HP Wireless Printer/Scanner/Copier for $49. Bonus: No sales tax.
... of Friday's Washington Post. That's cheaper than it would cost to buy just the ink cartridges. Note the following: • You have to buy your printer ...

Zeus 3D copier and printer does it all in one
Zeus takes its place in the pantheon of 3D printers. (Credit: AIO Robotics) We're already used to 2D copiers and printers. Slip a piece of paper ...

Bad News: Canon Printer/Scanner/Copier/Ink Cartridge Devices Also Won’t Scan With No Ink
... wrote in to let us know that Canon all-in-one devices are also ink cartridge-selling devices as opposed to all-in-one printer/scanner/copiers. ...

Ask Engadget: best four-in-one printer, scanner, copier and fax?
... that's reliable, cheap and not a figment of our collective imagination. Over to you. Ask Engadget: best four-in-one printer, scanner, copier ...

All-in-one 3D printer, copier and fax machine hits Kickstarter goal in 1 day
The Zeus all-in-one 3D printer , copier and fax machine launched on Kickstarter Wednesday and handily passed its goal of raising $100,000 this ...

‘World’s Slowest Colour Copier’, A Video Interview With Screen Printer Dave Murray
In “World’s Slowest Colour Copier” by Toronto art collective Nuvango , illustrator Dave Murray discusses the slow and laborious — but extremely ...

Canon PIXMA MX922 Wireless Color Printer, Scanner, Copier and Fax Gets 55% Reduction to $89.99 Shipped ...
Canon's PIXMA MX922 Wireless All-in-One Printer is currently being offered for just $89.99 shipped, today only, originally priced at $199.99. ...

EPEAT makes progress on including printers, copiers and TVs
The green technology ratings organization plans to use the IEEE 1680 standards as the basis for assessing imaging devices.