is samsung b&w laser printer good for printing envelopes?

I have need for a laser printer that will print 200-250 envelopes at a
time.

Has anyone reading this used any of the Samsung laser printers?   They
appear to be price competitive, but I desire to know how efficient they
are for
envelope printing?

best,

Aaron

0
aaronep

I have a Samsung ML1510 (Don't laugh) it's only an 'El Cheapo',
actually I was looking for a replacement for the dreaded Epson C62
and came across this at Dabbs Computers, Bolton, UK for about �48 -
and it proved to be a real work horse, I got this initially to make
printed circuit boards by using 'Toner Transfer paper' and does a
remarkable job infact the C62 is just ornament now as it does almost
everyhting.

It has already had two toner refill's, I found I could refill the
toner for about �6 instead of replacing the entire toner unit for
around �60.

Decide on the model and check the following and you can save a lot of
money by getting refills instead of toner cartridge unit, which
incidentally contains the drum unit, hence the expense..

http://www.refilltoner.com/samsungRefillCom.html

The site not only tells you the models that are refillable but
explains and shows how to do it.

This particular one does crease the envelopes slightly in one corner -
DON'T TAKE THIS AS SAYING THAT ALL OTHER MODELS ARE THE SAME, this is
after all an 'El Cheapo' but the text is crisp as can be expected, so
you really would need to check this point,  I would expect a
reasonably priced printer be able to cope in this respect and not
have this problem, no doubt I'm gonna' get told to use laser
lables....!

Another thing before we get told it ain't a laser printer (as we know
them) it's actually a LED (light emitting diode) printer, a laser is
only polarised light afterall no matter what the light source, but is
usually at the red end of the light spectrum running into the
infra-red - akin to the laser unit in a CD/DVD player.

I only wished I bought it before the C62.....!

Cheers Davy

0
davecoe

How to make darker the print of a Samsung ML-4500 b&w laser printer?
I have a Samsung ML-4500 b&w laser printer. The printing is okay for my notes, but not dark enough to give to someone. I've only printed 20 pages, but it's consistent, not getting any lighter or darker, so I figure it's not running out of toner. I see no method on the machine or in the manual to darken the print. I just got it used. Am I stuck? Is this what some laser printers are like? You can download a .pdf file of the User Manual for this printer for free from the internet. It is a nice 102 page document with all sorts of valuable information. Just ty...

Good color/composite doc Printing AND Cost-Effective B&W Printing in ONE Printer?
Hi Folks! Is there a printer which prints GOOD QUALITY color images and composite docs AND also offers cost-effective, speedy B&W printing? I ask as I need to be able to print brochures and photos in color with GOOD quality but still need to be able to print B&W docs at economical cost and speedily. Normally, I specify a good (inkjet, usually a Canon) color printer for the color print/composite doc work and a cheap laser (ilke the Samsung 1710 or Brother HL-1440) for fast, cheap B&W printing jobs. I am wondering if these days there is now an (most likely still in...

Printing in B&W on a color laser printer
I recently purchased a Brother MFC-9420CN, running on Win XP. I'd like to be be able to print certain web pages that use colored text in black-and-white. But when I try changing the print settings, the closest I get is grayscale text. Is there any way to print those colors as pure -black-and-white? If not, does anyone know of a utility that would convert the page to b&w before sending it to the printer? thanks! "cityboy" <cityboy3@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:18950c78-61bd-4357-90f8-ce7a80a1fc75@a35g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > I recently purchased...

Anyone using a Samsung B&W Laser Printer?
Is anyone using a Samsung Laser Printer? I'd like to check and see if you have their Smart Panel software working on your OSX 10.4.10. I have their ML2510 laser. Their Mac driver installs ok off their CD and is working fine but their Mac software package called "Smart Panel"for the ML2510 doesn't function in Tiger. Both are on the CD as Mac folders so it's not a PC mixup from the CD. I talked to them last night about the Smart Panel not functioning and was told that they are "working" on Smart Panel for Macintosh and that it will show on their site when...

printing envelopes with samsung laser printer?
Has anyone used a Samsung laser printer for printing envelopes? How well did it work? I need to print approx 200 envelopes at a time. Aaron aaronep@pacbell.net wrote: > Has anyone used a Samsung laser printer for printing envelopes? How > well did it work? I need to print approx 200 envelopes at a time. > Aaron I haven't personally, but be aware that there are certain types of envelope you *cannot* put through a laser - self seal being the obvious, as the heat will melt the glue and it will adhere itself to the drum (as well as anywhere else). I wouldn't want to replace a �100 part because of a 2p envelope. Just one question - is there any reason you can't print labels and stick them on? That's what I do. OK, it's an extra step, but I'd rather do a little more work than have my printer (I was going to say 'expensive printer' but Samsung don't make expensive printers) damaged by an envelope. I've always used Avery (because they guarantee their labels won't peel off until you need them to so, presumably, that means if, in the unlikely event that, a sheet of their labels /did/ damage your printer, they'd pay for the replacement part). The other added bonus with Avery is the little Office plugin - lines everything up for you, you just add your text, stick the labels in the printer and hit print. -- In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/ three...

Which B&W laser printer?
Hello everyone, Currently I am looking to upgrade from my current machine (see .sig) to a Sawtooth or Mystic G4 and at the same time to replace my Epson Stylus Photo 700 with a black-and-white laser printer. The laser has to have the following: - min. 600 * 600 (dpi), - support for/by MacOS 8.1 to 10.5 and - Ethernet connection (preferably UTP). Laser all-in-ones with flat-bed fax (min. speed 14k4) would also be considered. I look forward to hearing of your experience -- the good, the bad and the ugly -- directly or (preferably) on this NG :-). Yours sincerely, -- ...

Reliable b&w laser printer
I am looking for a *RELIABLE* personal monochrome laser printer. Usage will only be an average of a few pages per day. A low profile would be a bonus, as space (height) is limited. Also, any "stay away from" caveats for so called "All-In-One" printers? Thanks. ...

B&W laser printer for gentoo?
I use gentoo linux operating system I will either be using cups, gutenprint, or hp drivers ... I think I don't yet know if I want a USB2 or ethernet printer I want an all-in-one (printer,scanner,copier,fax) want laser because the hp photosmart I have, that works good for color, runs out of black in fast, the black ink is in the same cartridge as light_cyan and light_magenta the following one image ran out black cartridge http://www.dalekelly.org/images/c_ppmcie.png I have read somewhere? that photosmart printers aren't recommended for text, so I want a B&W pri...

which b&w laser printer (usb)
Please recommend a monochrome laser for me. It needs to do B&W faster and cheaper than my inkjet (i.e. better than measured 13 ppm, 3.6 cents per page) Needs to be able to print on the following stock: cheap copy paper card stock (like post cards) transparencies envelopes Needs to be USB (will be connected to a USB print server) When in standby should be quiet and energy efficient so I can leave it on all the time All computers using this are XP but Linux support would be nice Budget: $250 thanks sathyan sundaram.15@osu.edu (Sathyan Sundaram) wrote in message ne...

B&W Laser printer suggestion
Hi, I'm just in the process of buying a new printer, and am mainly looking at a black & white laser printer, preferably a multi-function one with scanner and "photocopying" possibilities. As I'm a student, the cost is an issue. Which ones would you suggest? Are there any specific models that are especially good - or bad? Any specific vendor that I should avoid? I have to admit that I'm not very good at this field, and it is difficult to find comparative reviews of printers online. -- Martin Gerner In article <1190197632.128854.293210@n39g200...

Fast B&W printer
I need to print twice on large sheet labels and working with a laser printer (samsung) is causing problems as the heat warps the labels on first run causing problems on second run. Any thoughts on a FAST standard Inkjet printer ? with cheap refillable cartridges that doesnt use or require HEAT to help with printing. only black and white required as no colour prinitng will be required on this printer Is there such a thing (cheap) as a laser printer that doesnt use heat ( me doesnt think so ) Any thpughts appreciated Cheers Paul [Bluesky Marketing] .........................

Looking for a good colour/B & W printer
Wondering what is about which will give a good colour output but will also print good black and white prints as well. I was thinking of the Epson R800 as reviews have said that this is a fine printer, but, there are problems with clogging. I don't fancy paying out �200 for a printer that could soon fail. but then I am going on other peoples opinions. But I like the idea of the pigment inks and their colourfastness. then there is the Canon IP5000, I've seen the colour output from this one and it is very good, but not seen the B & W. So, any suggestions for a printer for about �200 or less? The IP4000 is better than the IP5000 unless you are printing a great deal of business documents. However, if B&W is very important and you are very fussy than the HP photo ink jets might be best. They do have the best B&W but the printer requires constant cartridge switching to get it. jackman wrote: >Wondering what is about which will give a good colour output but will >also print good black and white prints as well. >I was thinking of the Epson R800 as reviews have said that this is a >fine printer, but, there are problems with clogging. I don't fancy >paying out �200 for a printer that could soon fail. but then I am >going on other peoples opinions. But I like the idea of the pigment >inks and their colourfastness. > >then there is the Canon IP5000, I've seen the colour output from this &g...

Suggestions for B&W personal laser printer
My 14-year-old HP 5L is showing signs of needing replacement. I haven't been keeping up with the new crop of laser printers so don't know which is best now. I actually don't do a lot of printing. I'm still on the toner cartridge I bought when the one that came with the 5L ran out, but it's about gone. But I do want excellent quality for text since I'll use the printer for letters. I have an Epson inkjet printer I use for graphics or anything else with color. Smaller HP printers such as the P1006 have paper exposed to gather dust, so I'd prefer somethi...

Firefox prints b&w to a color printer
firefox is printing our in black and white to our phaser 780. However, other browsers and apps are printing in color from the same machine to the same printer... Any one have an idea as to what is wrong? ...

Choosing an cheap b&w laser printer
Hello, I'm searching for a laser printer to buy. I will use it mostly for text and I wish I could get a quite nice quality, with the lowest cost per page. Can someone give me some advice or specific brand or model? Thanks a lot! Ed The Samsung 1710 is very low priced after rebate and has excellent text quality. You can also try the new HP LaserJet 1012. "Ed" <edtpasde@spamnerim.net> wrote in message news:3ffb1413$0$22308$626a54ce@news.free.fr... > Hello, > > I'm searching for a laser printer to buy. > I will use it mostly for ...

fast B&W printer- Non laser
I need to print twice on large sheet labels and working with a laser printer (samsung) is causing problems as the heat twists the labels on second run Any thoughts on a FAST standard Inkjet printer ? with cheap refillable cartridges that doesnt use or require HEAT to help with printing. only black and white required as no colour prinitng will be required on this printer Any thpughts appreciated -- Cheers Paul [Bluesky Marketing] ............................................... Never Be A Cloud In Anyones Life http://www.blueskymarketing.co.uk Home :-) http://www.laserpointers.co.uk http://www.megagreen.co.uk http://www.infiniter.co.uk http://www.noddingtoys.co.uk http://www.dailysmile.co.uk Sorry this thread was meant for printer newsgroup but i sent here by accident please ignore or feel free to answer if you have any thoughts -- Cheers Paul [Bluesky Marketing] > I need to print twice on large sheet labels and working with > a laser printer (samsung) is causing problems as the heat > twists the labels on second run > > Any thoughts on a FAST standard Inkjet printer ? with > cheap refillable cartridges that doesnt use or require HEAT > to help with printing. only black and white required as > no colour prinitng will be required on this printer > > Any thpughts appreciated > > > -- > Cheers > Paul [Bluesky Marketing] > ...........................................

How important is RAM in a Departmental B&W Laser Printer?
I am about to buy a new Departmental Printer and I am surprised that some printers (maybe all?) are still lacking in not just installed RAM but max RAM capacity. Six years ago, I bought a $12,000 HP plotter. It has worked like a charm and I consider it to be the best hardware purchase that I've ever made. I upgraded it from 128 MB of RAM to its max of 256 MB immediately. While it seems extremely slow in receiving documents to plot (several minutes), I don't really think that RAM is the necessarily the bottleneck since it also has a 40-GB HD (and that is probably not even be...

Firefox prints b&w to a color printer #2
firefox is printing our in black and white to our phaser 780. However, other browsers and apps are printing in color from the same machine to the same printer... Any one have an idea as to what is wrong? ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---- ...

The verdict on B&W Laser printers: HP 1320
After much thought, I have finally decided to ditch the three old HP's (LJIII and two LJII's) despite my attatchment to them. I've repaired the pinch-rollers etc a few times, but it seem that the wear is showing up in more expensive error conditins. So...I'm thinking about the HP 1320. Small, has postscript (which I wanted) and it will print double sided. Does the HP 1320 have a decent record on reliability? Any known design flaw? Thanks ...

Low running cost B&W laser printer
We work very closely with a charity and they've asked us to recommend a good quality B&W laser which has low running costs which I take to mean uses toner frugally and replacement toner doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Any recommendations as we always buy HP so don't know much about anything else :-) Thanks, Rob. In message <lL2dne2KbbglE3zZRVnysA@bt.com>, Rob Nicholson <rob.nicholson@nospam_informed-direct.com> writes >We work very closely with a charity and they've asked us to recommend a good >quality B&W laser which has low run...

Recommedations for B&W laser printer with wi-fi?
For a 2 PC office. Any ideas? Thanks, Fred. ...

What is a good, cheap, used B&W printer for personal use?
I recently started taking a research course in school which requires me to print out excessive amounts of information. This includes several 20 page articles a day, up to 80 pages of abstracts and such at a time. I generally end up printing out everything at school, because the only printer I have at home is a HP Deskjet 712C, a decent color printer. I don't really want to use that for heavy-duty print jobs, so I'm looking for a old, used, cheap printer on ebay. Does anyone know what would be a good printer that prints black and white decently fast? Also, how much would I ...

Low cost B&W desktop laser printer
Hi there. What should I be looking for? I want to cheaply print B&W text and simple graphics with a low cost desktop laser printer instead of my inkjet (which I'll save for photos and other colour work) with it's costly ink refills. How much RAM do I want onboard the printer (why and how does this affect me)? I'm really in the dark here as I've only ever used inkjets personally (lasers at work - but that's different as I can't fiddle with them too much there). Do I care about onboard fonts? I'd appreciate knowing more about the features I ought to b...

My Canon printer is always out of colored ink and I only print B&W
I have a Canon MP 780 and it is always asking for one of the color cartridges to be replaced. I am thinking of changing all of them to black. (last resort as I do use color rarely) The black seems to last longer than the color, but I have bought so many color ones that I really can't keep up. On Nov 18, 7:18 pm, metspitzer <kilow...@charter.net> wrote: > I have a Canon MP 780 and it is always asking for one of the color > cartridges to be replaced. I am thinking of changing all of them to > black. (last resort as I do use color rarely) > > The black ...

Web resources about - is samsung b&w laser printer good for printing envelopes? - comp.periphs.printers

Envelope - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An envelope is a common packaging item, usually made of thin flat material. It is designed to contain a flat object, such as a letter or card ...

Facebook Integration Finally Included In Netflix Envelope
Netflix users can finally link their accounts to their Facebook profiles following a long battle in Washington, D.C., which resulted in last ...

The Envelope (@Envelope) on Twitter

Budget Envelopes for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Budget Envelopes on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

postsecret.blogspot.com - envelope - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Foxtongue's photos on Flickr. Foxtongue has uploaded 19220 photos to Flickr.

Ariana Grande - Push The Envelope (Q&A on the Honda Stage at iHeartRadio Theater LA) - YouTube
Ariana Grande shares with Mario Lopez and the iHeartRadio audience her thoughts on collaborating with other artists and her love for her new ...

Rare SA paintings found in envelope - HeraldSun Search Search
A CHANCE find has unearthed four paintings by celebrated 19th century artist Colonel James Hesketh Biggs.

Rare SA paintings found in envelope
A CHANCE find has unearthed four paintings by celebrated 19th century artist Colonel James Hesketh Biggs.

Canberra Multicultural Fringe Festival director promises to push the envelope this year
A director of the Canberra Multicultural Fringe Festival promises to push the envelope this year.

Malcolm Turnbull says China 'pushing the envelope' in South China Sea; won't live in Kirribilli House ...
New Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull says China's actions in the South China Sea are pushing the envelope.