Are ink cartridges cheap?

Regards,
Casey
0
Casey

> Is the Canon I250 a good printer?
>
> Are ink cartridges cheap?

In short, yes.

I think it works well, and has quite cheap cartridges that seem to
last for quite a while (and they can be refilled). The print quality
is excellent for text, and not too bad for photos. Compared to the
Epson C60 I replaced its a bit slower, almost as good quality and MUCH
cheaper to run. Its also takes up less desk space. You might want to
look at the i350 - practically the same printer, but its got a tray to
catch the pages (it can be a pain when they fall on the floor or get
scrunched up).

I've put a longer review at http://www.neish.net/reviews/i250.html

Cheers,

Peter
0
gg
11/12/2003 5:08:30 AM
seems ok for me. I just bought one to print text. You can find ink
cartridges for cheap to fit it online.
0
brians2000

I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi. Plus they are about the same price on newegg.com. Are there any features that the i860 has that the MP360 doesn't? Otherwise why not get the MP360 and get a scanner too. any info would be appreciated. Canon i860 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9387&item=9442&section=10214 Canon MP360 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9527&item=9632&section=10223 Most people BUY a product based on how THEY will use the product. Maybe the first think you need to do sort out is your own imaging needs. "sydemon" <sydegun@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:49cf01cc.0405051118.15975f6@posting.google.com... : I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The : MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. : I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, : except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit : faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo : paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

Canon i250 printer
Hi, I'm trying to set up a new Canon i250 on my dad's Win98SE computer, without much success. Software installation appears to work just fine, but alternate lines of the printer test page (and any other documents I attempt to print as a test) fail to print well. There'll be one line of text printed perfectly, and the text below will be missing the top 50% of it's characters ... the lower-half of the letters will print fine though. And then the next line will be 100% okay, and the next only 50% and so on. I've tried using the software to clean the heads, I've tried re-seating the ink cartridge ... and previously my dad had taken the printer to be tested on a WinXP computer (not his) where the test page was perfect. I tried uninstalling, downloading new drivers from Canon (in case there was a problem with the CD) and I'm out of ideas! Printer is connected by USB through a USB hub, previous printer was a HP inkjet (still installed, but no longer default). Other drivers installed are called "MS Publisher Color Printer" and "MS Publisher Imagesetter". Thanks! Catherine Catherine try connecting the printer direct and not through a USB hub regards Don "OzFree" <OzFree@despammed.com> wrote in message news:ab25526c.0407100406.5884d475@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > I'm trying to set up a new Canon i250 on my dad's Win98SE computer, > without mu...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

Printer Ink

Are Canon Printers As Good As Epson?
I'm nearly ready to buy a new printer and am sick of the Epson ink bullshit- constant head clogging and cleaning of inks- but like their printer output. My girlfriend has a lower end Canon and loves it over the Epson she once had. I'm in the market for whatever high end printer Canon may have. My questions are- Is the output as good as Epson; Do they now have archival inks; Can the inks be refilled with one of the higher end ink systems like the Epsons; Is there a similar head clogging problem with Canon; I'm working on large scale panoramas- does Canon have facilities ...

No printer model for Canon in Tiger Printer Setup Utility
I have successfully set up remote printing from my OS X 10.4 Tiger laptop to my Canon S750 printer connected to my Win XP home PC. I can print across the network, through the XP box and all the way to the printer - but nothing emerges. I suspect that my problem is the lack of any Canon printer models to choose from in the Printer Setup Utility on the OS X laptop. When I open the Printer Setup Utility and click on the "More Printers ..." button, I can navigate through the workgroup to the XP box and to the Shared printer without any problems. In the Printer Model pulldown, ...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

Ubuntu has printer issues. Smart people got good printers.
Though the Dapper Drake release has a lot to like, it also has a few annoyances. My biggest gripe with Ubuntu is still sound. Sound works fine most of the time, but it doesn't deal well with multiple applications trying to use the sound card at the same time. For example, if I start up VMware Workstation while I'm playing MP3s using amaroK, I get an error about /dev/dsp being busy. The same happens if I try to use amaroK or XMMS while Audacity is open. Some applications do play well together -- for example, Gaim can still play sound events while amaroK is playing -- but others, not so ...

Any *good* printer drivers for HP Photosmart 7550 Photo printer?
I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5, however many pictures at one shot. I have to print one picture, put it back into the paper tray, and hope that in the next few attempts I won't print over another picture. There should at least be software that will provide the option to show the last few prints where they were on the page. SOFTWARE PROGRAMERS...here's an overlooked oportunity to make money...this is definately needed. Type in the preferred size of a picture and how many of that picture you want printed. Select 3, 8, or however many different pictures you want printed. When your batch is complete, press PRINT. Walk away. Come back to find all 32 (or whatever) pictures printed in the way the computer has chosen as the most efficient use of space...! Need to trim an 1/8" off a pic to make it fit? The software will give you the option to change the size if needed and by how much (measurment and/or percentage reduction. Tell me-does that exhist? Thanks for looking into this stuff for me. "Curious" <dave_williamson@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1105877233.735476.184530@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will > allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5, however many > pictures at one shot. I have to print on...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Any *good* printer drivers for HP Photosmart 7550 Photo printer? #2
I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5, however many pictures at one shot. I have to print one picture, put it back into the paper tray, and hope that in the next few attempts I won't print over another picture. There should at least be software that will provide the option to show the last few prints where they were on the page. SOFTWARE PROGRAMERS...here's an overlooked opportunity to make money...this is definitely needed. Type in the preferred size of a picture and how many of that picture you want printed. Select 3, 8, or however many different pictures you want printed. When your batch is complete, press PRINT. Walk away. Come back to find all 32 (or whatever) pictures printed in the way the computer has chosen as the most efficient use of space...! Need to trim an 1/8" off a pic to make it fit? The software will give you the option to change the size if needed and by how much (measurement and/or percentage reduction. Tell me-does that exhist? Thanks for looking into this stuff for me. ...

Any *good* printer drivers for the HP Photosmart 7550 photo printer in the MAC format?
I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5...however many pictures at one shot. I am using a PowerMac G4 (Macintosh). I have to print one picture, put it back into the paper tray, and hope that in the next few attempts I won't print over another picture. There should at least be software that will provide the option to show the last few prints where they were on the page. HEY, MAC SOFTWARE PROGRAMERS...here's an overlooked oportunity to make money...this is definately needed! Type in the preferred size of a picture and how many of that picture you want printed. Select 3, 8, or however many different pictures you want printed. When your batch is complete, press PRINT. Walk away. Come back to find all 32 (or whatever) pictures printed in the way the computer has chosen as the most efficient use of space...! Need to trim an 1/8" off a pic to make it fit? The software will give you the option to change the size if needed and by how much (measurment and/or percentage reduction. Tell me-does that exhist? Thanks for looking into this stuff for me. Here's one (convoluted) way..........http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/macinfo.htm "Curious" <dave_williamson@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1112510958.624203.237480@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > > I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a print...

CANON BJ-W9000 Good Printer or Not the best?
Is the Canon BJ-W9000 a good Printer for CAD and Graphic Color Desing printer, is HP 5000 Better plott? Ink canon is not good? Working Canon whit any kind of paper? What do you thing about ? Betwen Canon , HP orEpson who is better? cbrea wrote: > Is the Canon BJ-W9000 a good Printer for CAD and Graphic Color Desing > printer, is HP 5000 Better plott? Ink canon is not good? Working Canon > whit any kind of paper? What do you thing about ? Betwen Canon , HP > orEpson who is better? I only have experience with HP plotters and have found them to be nearly bullet proof. ...

necessary to install printer driver for shared printer on computer that is not attached to printer?
We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is it necessary to install the HP drivers on the Win 7 computer in addition to the XP computer? best, Aaron From: <aaronep@pacbell.net> > We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We > have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP > computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is > it necessary to in...

New Canon iPF 5000 photo printer better than Epson K-3 printers??
Hi all. I just came across this very favorable review of a new Canon photo printer with 12 (yes, twelve) ink carts. http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/canon-ipf5000.shtml. The reviewer is very positive on this printer and sees it as a strong competitor to the Epson 4800. What do you all think? Check out the cost of cartridges! Oh, the review didn't speak about a capability to print on CDs. :) Joe Average ...

tPrinter.printers not showing a printer?
A client is using one of my programs on several computers (Win 2000). On one (and only one) of them, when I get the tPrinter.printers list of printers, it shows no printers. The user says that there is a printer installed. If the printer is properly installed in Windows, it must show up in tPrinter.printers, right? --- Replace you know what by j to email ...

canon printer
I have Redhat 9. The install went fine, but now the Canon printer (S300) has black (and colors) that come out washed out. The black is light grey rather than black. When I had Mandrake on this machine using the same printer there was a way (through Printer Drake) to adjust the stpGamma and density settings; I can find no similar setting in Redhat. Any suggestions?? ...

Canon Printers
Hi We have a lovely canon pixma mp780 multi function printer. It works fine from Windows XP programs. However we would like to use it from D3 occasionally instead of our HP lasers and Epson dot matrix. Help I cannot find anything equivalent to the HP manuals for the command set. If I send a plain text message as normal it appears in the Windows spooler and disappears. I have also tried sending the HP PCL command set, again it appears in Windows spooler, the indicator on the printer says printing but nothing appears on paper. By the way I have the HP PCL command set singing on D3 if anyone is stuck. Thanks Peter McMurray Peter, I had the same trouble with Canon laser printers for one of my clients - it appears that they don't have resident fonts & so will not print at all from D3. Could be the same with yours. I got round it by having the option to send reports to Word as an rtf document & print from there. Regards, Geoff Peter McMurray wrote: > Hi > We have a lovely canon pixma mp780 multi function printer. It works fine > from Windows XP programs. However we would like to use it from D3 > occasionally instead of our HP lasers and Epson dot matrix. > Help I cannot find anything equivalent to the HP manuals for the command > set. If I send a plain text message as normal it appears in the Windows > spooler and disappears. I have also tried sending the HP PCL command set, > again it app...

Web resources about - Is the Canon I250 a good printer? - comp.periphs.printers

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Philips Hue Starter Kit $120, LifeProof FRĒ iPhone 6 Case $30, Brother AirPrint ...
... FRĒ Waterproof iPhone 6 Case in multiple colors: $30 shipped (Reg. $72) Get ready to file your taxes w/ this Brother AirPrint Laser Printer ...

Can you really get a solid all-in-one printer, copier and scanner for just $90?
... Deals team's advice. And in this case, we're going to help you upgrade to the Epson WorkForce WF-3620 WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, ...

Mattel unveils ThingMaker, a 3D printer for kids
Toy company hopes to make 3D printing mainstream with a new system designed for children

ThingMaker is a $300 3D Printer For Kids That Makes Toys
The two things holding 3D printers back from mainstream adoption is cost and relative difficulty of use. While they have been going down in price, ...