Is there a tabloid inkjet printer than can take waterproof black ink?

Looking for a printer that can print a tabloid size paper, using a
waterproof (black only) inkjet cartridge. I know that Lexmark has a
waterproof black ink, just not sure about the ptinter
thanks!
0
Sparks

"Sparks" <Sparks@sparks.com> wrote in message
> Looking for a printer that can print a tabloid size paper, using a
> waterproof (black only) inkjet cartridge.

You might take a look at the DeskJet 9650 or the DeskJet 9300 series printers.
They use a pigmented black that is pretty waterfast once dry.  It will print on
paper up to 13" x 19".  See:
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF25a/18972-236251-236261-14438-f51-306780.html
and
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF05a/18972-236251-236261-14438-f51-295930.html.

What are you going to print?  You might want to consider a large format laser
printer if you will be printing on plain paper and will have a fairly high duty
cycle.  The LaserJet 5100 may fit your needs, see:
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF06b/18972-236251-236263-14638-f59-74341-74343-74344.html

Regards,

Bob

Printer Ink

Black ink Printer/Copier with no chip that can be refilled??
I'm looking for a new jet printer copier that only uses only Black ink, that does not have a chip that forces cartridge change and that I can inject ink into? Know of any new model like this? Thanks for any info. "jc" <wildman@noclient.net> wrote in message news:9639d2a6-d840-46c1-8f12-0288b1d803ef@e39g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > I'm looking for a new jet printer copier that only uses only Black > ink, that does not have a chip that forces cartridge change and that I > can inject ink into? > > Know of any new model like this? Nowa...

epson c80 inkjet printer black ink not printing
Hi everyone.. Need your help. The ink in my epson C80 was having gaps in black lines and black ink was almost empty, at 5% (according to driver). The ink empty light wasn't on, but I decided to replace it earlier. I pushed the ink button to move the cartridges in place, took out the old black ink cartridge, then put in a relatively new and unopened black ink cartridge.(epson stock cartridge). I pushed the ink button, print head was going back and forth initializing, etc. The issue came up that now when I try to print something I can't get any black ink at all. Tried cleaning the nozzles(at least 3 or for times in succession), that didn't work. I haven't changed the driver, and I've tried getting a new cartridge, but no go. Any thoughts? George ...

Canon printer, can I reduce the amount of black ink being used?
I couldn't find the paper I used to buy for making flyers and brochures. So, I got another paper that is very nice, but isn't quite as compatible with my printer. It is a glossy flyer type paper. It prints fine except for black, which pools since it isn't being absorbed well enough. I managed to solve the problem with photos by reducing the opacity of the photo to 75%. Then it prints fine. What I need to figure out is how to adjust text in a word processor file. I managed to fix today's problem by changing the black text to dark blue. That comes out fine. But I w...

Convert Inkjet Printer to Envelope Printer
Hi, We have a mid volume printing, assemblying operation and print a lot of #9 and #10 envelopes with different addresses, layouts, etc... We've tried different technologies and standard inkjet printers (with a continuous ink system) seem to work the best (espcially for the cost). However, I can't find a standard inkjet that we can load up with more than 10 envelopes. I'd like to stay away from true "envelope printers" because they can be expensive (we need several) and aren't as versatile at that they'll print. Anyone have experience converting an inkjet printer to an envelope printer (by modifying the printer)? We do a lot of printer maintenance and rebuilding in house, so where not shy about tearing into one. Thanks! It has been my experience that there is no inkjet printer that can efficiently and affordably handle bulk envelope print jobs. Oh sure, the documentation says they can take 10 envelopes at a time, but in reality they can really only handle one envelope at a time. Otherwise, you have constant jamming to deal with. If you have been using an inkjet printer and it can handle more than one envelope at a time, you have a winner! "aiWorks" <msmith@aiworks.com> wrote in message news:1110223766.683183.55490@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > We have a mid volume printing, assemblying operation and print a lot of > #9 and #10 envelopes with different addresses, layou...

laser printer or inkjet printer? which is better?
First of all, excuse my poor english but i'm italian and i don't speak english very well..... then, I have to buy my next printer, I already own a brother mfc3420c, that is a multifunction, so i don't need to print color pages, and i need only a printer to print text in the less expansive way. I thought that the less expensive printers are the laser ones. and i looked at the brother hl1430, that costs 149 euro. The toner is 48 euro, and the drum is 83 euro. Whith the toner you can print about 6000 pages, and whith the drum you can print 20.000 pages. so, eve...

How can I reset the ink cartridge/ink level so the printer............
Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94 & HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In short, after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All I remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the cartridge, but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA. On Apr 16, 4:00=A0pm, billy smith <billy.sm...@Yenc.com> wrote: > Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which > uses HP94 &g...

How can I reset the ink cartridge/ink level so the printer............
Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94 & HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In short, after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All I remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the cartridge, but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA. Billy Smitty wrote: > Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94 > & HP95. I'm using generic brand...

Colour laser printers compared to inkjet printers?
I'd be interested in knowing if colour laser printers are dropping rapidly in price. Are they cheaper t run compared to ink jet printers? Are there any disadvantages compared to inkjet printers? Are colour laser printers very good at printing photos? I have been using a black and white laser printer for a few years and it seems cheap to run compared to using my ink jet printer for printing text, but this could be different for a colour laser rinter if the coloured toner is expensive. Regards Brian Brian Firstly colour lasers are droppping in price and in generally have extremely high quality. They print faster than inkjets. Cost of ownership is in nearly all cases lower for lasers than inkjets both monochrome and colour, the issue is how much prinitng you will be doing because of the relatively high initial cost of a colour laser, if you are not going to print all that much then obviously an inkjet may be better. So you need to do your sums. Any good dealer should give you costs of running either type of printer. Disadvantages of lasers is high initial cost, high cost of consumables even though they will print dramatically more copies than an inkjet cartridge, average cost of a full set of toners for a colour laser (4 in all) is about $700 to $1000 NZ dollars (just checked on the net) depending on the model you buy but you should get up to 5,000 pages for that. Drums ($750 for 15-17,000 pages), fusers and transfer belts ($450 for 15...

How does the printer choose which black ink to use when it has pigment and dye based black ??
I just ordered a Canon iP4500, which has two black cartridges, a dye based one and a larger pigment based one, for text. When you print out a page that is mostly text, but has colour on it as well, does it still use the pigment based ink? What about if you print out a colour map from Google Maps, for example? What about a PDF file of a magazine page, which is text, but with a light coloured background (maybe with a pattern)? Would it just use the dye based ink for these types of page, or does it somehow know what is type or not? I could imagine that being easy with a Po...

Solvent Inks & Eco-Solvent Inks for Digital Inkjet Printers.
Solvent Inks & Eco-Solvent Inks for Digital Inkjet Printers. Dear Sirs/Madame, Over three years, Inkwin Corporation has been synonymous with excellence in the inkjet printing industry. We are a leading manufacturer of digital printing inks trade-named Inkwin. Inkwin is one of the fastest growing specialty ink manufacturing companies with customers all over the world. We used our formulating talents to pioneer development of printing inks for digital printers used in the production of billboard graphics and textile. Whether your printers are using Xaar?, Spectra?, Epson? or other printheads, Inkwin will inevitably have a compatible DOD ink. Our products include: Solvent based pigment ink: fully compatible with Xaar and Spectra printheads Eco-solvent pigment ink: excellent print quality on Mimaki, Roland and Mutoh eco-solvent printers UV curable ink: An new pigment-based formulation for flatbed printers Digtial textile printing ink: Specially formulated for high-speed digital printing applications Custom ink: Can be specially developed for specific applications. We supply direct to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's) and to end-users through approved distributors worldwide. At Inkwin we are committed to supplying the highest quality of pigment inkjet ink. We will continue to increase our product lines to meet the demanding needs for our customers. Our goal is simple: give our customers the best quality, service and support. We...

Printer default to black ink
I want to make black ink my printer default, not the color. HP 890C printer. How do I change the printer to do this. Thanks, facoaks@commspeed.net ...

Can a printer+airport be a "network" printer?
Situation: We have an Airport Extreme, and plugged into it is an HP LaserJet 1300 printer. When we first got it, we had two Mac Powerbooks, and I set up the printer from PB1. With only a bit of twiddling, we got PB2 to use it. So far, so good. But then, one day, it refused to work from PB2. Huh? With a bit more experimenting, we discovered that when we opened the lid of PB1, PB2 could use the printer. When we closed PB1's lid, PB2 lost contact with the printer. Recently, I upgraded a nearby linux box to the latest rev (of knoppix, FWIW). When I started up the CUPS stuff, it discover...

printer prob with black ink only
Hi I am having problems printing in black (greyscale). It prints one page OK then, the black ink is interrupted by blank lines , then by the third page it is not printing anything at all. For all printing soon after that, nothing is printed. If I print in colour however, it works OK. I have changed the ink, done all the maintenace (clean nozzle and test comes out OK). The printer is about 4 years old. Canon. Suggestions? Thank you Robin "Robinb" <robinb222@optusnet.com.au> wrote: >Hi > >I am having problems printing in black (greyscale). It pri...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

How can I send a print to a different printer than the default printer?
I want to send my print to a different printer than the default printer. The only argument i have is the 'cDevice'. Is it possible to do that ? Regards George Hi George, try this: FUNCTION SetDefaultPrinter(cPrinter AS STRING) AS LOGIC // Set the given printer to be the default printer // cPrinter: name of printer to be made default // returns: whether successful LOCAL hPrinter AS PTR LOCAL pInfo AS _WinPrinter_Info_2 LOCAL size AS DWORD LOCAL done AS LOGIC IF OpenPrinter(String2Psz(cPrinter), @hPrinter, NULL_PTR) GetPrinter(hPrinter, 2, NULL_PTR, 0, @size)...

Can't delete printer from Printers Folder
When I open my Start/Settings/Printer folder and select the printer I need to delete, I get a Spool error and the computer freezes. This happens as soon as I click on the printer icon. I have other printers installed that work fine. But any time I change printers in a program like Word and I scroll past the bad printer I get the spool error and have to restart. Thanks, Patrick Les Moore wrote: > When I open my Start/Settings/Printer folder and select the printer I > need to delete, I get a Spool error and the computer freezes. This > happens as soon as I click on the...

Ink for Olivetti Inkjet printer
Hi all I just got rit of my very old Inkjet printer, JP190 from Olivetti. But I still got 2 color and 3 black ink left ( not used ). They can be used for: JP 170 /s/c JP 190-192 JP 360-370 JP 450-470 OFX 500 Linkfax OFX 1100 Linkfax If anyone can use them, they are free, I dont belive they are produced anymore. The only thing is you pay for the transport. please respond to my email. flemse_boy@hotmail.com Regards Flemming ...

Printers: current "best" inkjet printer for FreeBSD?
As my current printer (an old Lexmark Z32) is starting to get old (it is ok, it has served my needs well for over five years now), I'm slowly and carefully looking for a new inkjet printer. Of course I wonder what is currently the "best" inkjet printer for FreeBSD. For my definition of "best" see below. "Best" (in this relation) means: - it must be cheap (not necessarily the cheapest) - ink cartridges must be (reatively) cheap - it must be possible to connect it directly to a FreeBSD machine and use a driver that works under FreeBSD (ghostscri...

Printer Properties take 1-2 minutes to come-up on network printers
Hi folks, I have Red Hat 7.3 running Samba 2.2.1a, and when I try to pull-up Printer Properties to either our HP Laserjet 5n or Lexmark Optra Lx+ fron Windows 2000 Pro, it takes 1-2 minutes for the properties to come-up. Once I start printing, it takes another 30 seconds to a minute for the print job to start printing.. where it prints fast after that point. Here's my /etc/printcap.local for the Lexmark - Webmaster_Lexmark:\ :sd=/var/spool/lpd/Webmaster_Lexmark:\ :rm=128.127.104.250:\ :mx#0:\ :sh:\ :rp=: And here's my entry in smb.conf [Webm...

HELP: Can printer switch box cause printers to print garbage?
Hey folks, I have a customer who has 2 printers connected to a Belkin Data switch box, which in turn is connected to his computer. Whenever he wants to print to printer A, he turns the knob on the switch box to A, then print. Same for printer B. Printer B seems to spit out garbage characters. Previously, he had an older printer(on B) doing the same thing on this switch box and i thought the issue was a bad printer. So i had him get a new printer, but this still occurs. I re-installed the printer driver also, but this still occurs. The other printer doesn't have this problem. I am ...

Printer sharing over wireless using Printopia
We are trying to share a printer for use by iPad users. The printer is dire= ctly connected to a Mac running Printopia. Both the Mac and all of the iPad= s are connected to the same WLAN. It's working fine at one location, but no= t at all at another location (iPads cannot see the printer). The location i= t works at has standalone APs (mostly 1131AGs). The site it does not work a= t has lightweight APs (4402 WLC running 6.0.199.4, also with 1131AGs). The = controller has multicast enabled, has multicast mode set to 'multicast', an= d has a multicast address set to 239.21.0....

Web resources about - Is there a tabloid inkjet printer than can take waterproof black ink? - comp.periphs.printers

Waterproof, Louisiana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Waterproof is a town in Tensas Parish in northeastern Louisiana , United States with a population of 834 as of the 2000 census . However, the ...

Xperia M4 Aqua – The waterproof Android smartphone from Sony, built for you - YouTube
Make a splash with a 13 MP waterproof camera: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hrTrhNgiJc Discover Xperia M4 Aqua and make it yours: http://w ...

Sony Xperia M2 Aqua: ‘Most waterproof smartphone ever’ arrives in mid-range
Higher waterproof rating than the flagship Z2 and reports of surviving six weeks at the bottom of the sea.

'Waterproof' phone makers put on notice by consumer watchdog
Claims of &quot;waterproof&quot; phones by smartphone makers have been singled out by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission as an ...

CES 2013 - Sony Xperia Z Waterproof Android Smartphone - Photos
Sony's newest Android smartphone, the Xperia Z, is both dust and water resistant.

Hands on review: Kobo Aura H20 waterproof e-reader takes your library for a bath
The world's first waterproof e-reader is available in Australia.

Unions raise doubts over Telstra's copper network; workers using plastic bags to waterproof cables
Unions have told the ABC that Telstra's copper network is in a state of disrepair, with workers at the coalface of the infrastructure using plastic ...

Sprint/Boost/Virgin announces Waterproof Kyocera, Galaxy S3 and new Wallet
Sprint has made a few announcements today for new devices and services coming to its customers on its Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile USA prepaid ...

OtterBox releases new Preserver Series waterproof cases for the iPhone 5/5s/5c
One of the the most well-known tough case manufacturers, OtterBox, today announced their new Preserver Series waterproof cases for the iPhone ...

No, the iPhone 6S is not waterproof
Despite rumors to the contrary, the iPhone 6S is not waterproof.