Laser Printer Won't Print

I've owned my Minolta QMS 1200w for five year and the last time I
changed the cartridge was four years ago.
Today I tried to print a document and keep getting the error message
"This document failed to print".
I've checked the parallel cable connections and power supply, tried
printing from the command prompt without success. I've uninstalled the
printer and reinstalled using the "Add Printer" again without success.
I've taken the cartridge out of the printer and gently shaken it from
side to side.

I'm pretty sure that the cartridge is empty even though the last pages
I printed didn't seem faint, just went from printing to not printing.

How can I tell for sure that the cartridge is empty? Is there other
tests I should take before changing the cartridge?
0
JayJay

On Feb 15, 5:23=A0am, JayJay <i...@valid.com> wrote:
> I've owned my Minolta QMS 1200w for five year and the last time I
> changed the cartridge was four years ago.
> Today I tried to print a document and keep getting the error message
> "This document failed to print".
> I've checked the parallel cable connections and power supply, tried
> printing from the command prompt without success. I've uninstalled the
> printer and reinstalled using the "Add Printer" again without success.
> I've taken the cartridge out of the printer and gently shaken it from
> side to side.
>
> I'm pretty sure that the cartridge is empty even though the last pages
> I printed didn't seem faint, just went from printing to not printing.
>
> How can I tell for sure that the cartridge is empty? Is there other
> tests I should take before changing the cartridge? =A0

New prices for 2008 !! - even better and competitive....including New
Printers !!

ibuysmart.co.uk we have a fantastic range of products for all those
wanting a One Stop Shopping experience.

Some of our Star Sellers for Jan 2008 have been listed below:

Green Apple TV Stand      Greenapple Nest of Coffee Tables
=A3727.51                                  =A3510.17

Find extra benefits at www.ibuysmart.co.uk, such as up to 30% Cheaper
on all Greenapple Products, 14 Day Money Back Guarantee, Free Delivery
on everything and 0% Finance Available for up to 12 months.

Web: www.ibuysmart.co.uk
Tel:     08452 222 777
Quote: 568
0
ibuysmart
2/15/2008 8:36:27 AM
Can you determine what is generating the error message you are seeing
(is it from the printer driver, the OS, the printing program)?

Most printers which actually monitor toner cartridge levels also have a
software tag in the driver or a indicator lamp on the printer that will
flash to inform the user of the problem.

Some printers simply do not monitor toner levels and the hint is that
the print is faded or blank.  I would tend to look elsewhere for this
particular issue,  You may wish to check your manual or check the
Konica/Minolta website for a manual to read, which might explain the
possible causes for the error message you received.

Art

JayJay wrote:

> I've owned my Minolta QMS 1200w for five year and the last time I
> changed the cartridge was four years ago.
> Today I tried to print a document and keep getting the error message
> "This document failed to print".
> I've checked the parallel cable connections and power supply, tried
> printing from the command prompt without success. I've uninstalled the
> printer and reinstalled using the "Add Printer" again without success.
> I've taken the cartridge out of the printer and gently shaken it from
> side to side.
>
> I'm pretty sure that the cartridge is empty even though the last pages
> I printed didn't seem faint, just went from printing to not printing.
>
> How can I tell for sure that the cartridge is empty? Is there other
> tests I should take before changing the cartridge?
0
Arthur
2/15/2008 5:30:48 PM
On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 18:23:26 +1300, JayJay wrote:

> I've owned my Minolta QMS 1200w for five year and the last time I
> changed the cartridge was four years ago.

Thanks for the help Arthur, I removed the printer port (LPT1) from the
Device Manager and then rebooted, Windows found the printer as new
hardware and the printer is now working again.
0
JayJay
2/15/2008 7:20:40 PM
Glad to have been of some assistance.