Laser Printer Won't Print

I've owned my Minolta QMS 1200w for five year and the last time I
changed the cartridge was four years ago.
Today I tried to print a document and keep getting the error message
"This document failed to print".
I've checked the parallel cable connections and power supply, tried
printing from the command prompt without success. I've uninstalled the
printer and reinstalled using the "Add Printer" again without success.
I've taken the cartridge out of the printer and gently shaken it from
side to side.

I'm pretty sure that the cartridge is empty even though the last pages
I printed didn't seem faint, just went from printing to not printing.

How can I tell for sure that the cartridge is empty? Is there other
tests I should take before changing the cartridge?
0
JayJay

On Feb 15, 5:23=A0am, JayJay <i...@valid.com> wrote:
> I've owned my Minolta QMS 1200w for five year and the last time I
> changed the cartridge was four years ago.
> Today I tried to print a document and keep getting the error message
> "This document failed to print".
> I've checked the parallel cable connections and power supply, tried
> printing from the command prompt without success. I've uninstalled the
> printer and reinstalled using the "Add Printer" again without success.
> I've taken the cartridge out of the printer and gently shaken it from
> side to side.
>
> I'm pretty sure that the cartridge is empty even though the last pages
> I printed didn't seem faint, just went from printing to not printing.
>
> How can I tell for sure that the cartridge is empty? Is there other
> tests I should take before changing the cartridge? =A0

New prices for 2008 !! - even better and competitive....including New
Printers !!

ibuysmart.co.uk we have a fantastic range of products for all those
wanting a One Stop Shopping experience.

Some of our Star Sellers for Jan 2008 have been listed below:

Green Apple TV Stand      Greenapple Nest of Coffee Tables
=A3727.51                                  =A3510.17

Find extra benefits at www.ibuysmart.co.uk, such as up to 30% Cheaper
on all Greenapple Products, 14 Day Money Back Guarantee, Free Delivery
on everything and 0% Finance Available for up to 12 months.

Web: www.ibuysmart.co.uk
Tel:     08452 222 777
Quote: 568
0
ibuysmart
2/15/2008 8:36:27 AM
Can you determine what is generating the error message you are seeing
(is it from the printer driver, the OS, the printing program)?

Most printers which actually monitor toner cartridge levels also have a
software tag in the driver or a indicator lamp on the printer that will
flash to inform the user of the problem.

Some printers simply do not monitor toner levels and the hint is that
the print is faded or blank.  I would tend to look elsewhere for this
particular issue,  You may wish to check your manual or check the
Konica/Minolta website for a manual to read, which might explain the
possible causes for the error message you received.

Art

JayJay wrote:

> I've owned my Minolta QMS 1200w for five year and the last time I
> changed the cartridge was four years ago.
> Today I tried to print a document and keep getting the error message
> "This document failed to print".
> I've checked the parallel cable connections and power supply, tried
> printing from the command prompt without success. I've uninstalled the
> printer and reinstalled using the "Add Printer" again without success.
> I've taken the cartridge out of the printer and gently shaken it from
> side to side.
>
> I'm pretty sure that the cartridge is empty even though the last pages
> I printed didn't seem faint, just went from printing to not printing.
>
> How can I tell for sure that the cartridge is empty? Is there other
> tests I should take before changing the cartridge?
0
Arthur
2/15/2008 5:30:48 PM
On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 18:23:26 +1300, JayJay wrote:

> I've owned my Minolta QMS 1200w for five year and the last time I
> changed the cartridge was four years ago.

Thanks for the help Arthur, I removed the printer port (LPT1) from the
Device Manager and then rebooted, Windows found the printer as new
hardware and the printer is now working again.
0
JayJay
2/15/2008 7:20:40 PM
Glad to have been of some assistance.

Good printing!

Art

JayJay wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 18:23:26 +1300, JayJay wrote:
>

>>I've owned my Minolta QMS 1200w for five year and the last time I
>>changed the cartridge was four years ago.
>

> Thanks for the help Arthur, I removed the printer port (LPT1) from the
> Device Manager and then rebooted, Windows found the printer as new
> hardware and the printer is now working again.
0
Arthur

Printer won't print, messages won't delete in WindowsXP Pro
I'm running Windows XP Pro with a Lexmark Z22 printer. Often when I try to print, the printing notification widow pops up. As usual, I hear "Printing started," but nothing happens while the seconds are ticking away on the clock. If I try to cancel the job, then check the printing queue, the job is still there, marked "Deleting." The only way to get it to print is to restart, then it works (until the next time). The only way to delete the unsuccessful print job is to go into task manager under Processes and try to guess which process to delete. This works, when I g...

Ubuntu Lurid crapware: "hibernate hangs...ethernet disabled...no network...shutdown hangs...CD won't write...printer won't print"
"I wanted to upgrade but couldn't, for reasons not understood having to do with repository stuff. So I installed new ubuntu in dual boot with old ubuntu. Installed OK on my old e-machine. Then I decided to hibernate. Hung. Turned off power. Now the ethernet card is disabled on boot and I cannot get to network. Even if I ifconfig the card. Also, shutdown hangs like hibernate did. I have no clue how to fix this. Fortunately, old ubuntu still comes up and gets to network or I wouldn't be here. Unfortunately, cd rw won't write and printer won't print since ...

Runtime won't print on laser printer
Hello, We have a runtime solution that several users are having success with. This morning, a user called to say that their printer was printing blank pages. We ran through the usual culprits... Records being Browsed checked Printer name is correct Pages to print is correct Ink Color in properties is correct Still, the very important reports come out blank in their laser printer. Our solution appears to send the job to the printer, it fires up and puts out blank pages. Some other reports print but not the critical ones. We have tested, from the same file set and can print okay here at the offi...

Printer won't print any colors!
Canon i850, WinXP, USB. Don't know what's going on here. Printer worked normally a week or 2 ago when I last used it. But now it will only print black--no colors. I've uninstalled/reinstalled it. Updated driver to latest. Cleaned print head by removing it from printer and also from Maintenance tab. Any more ideas? First of all what happens when you do a nozzle test print from th printers maintenance Window....are there any colours showing on th test strip.. Dav "Davy" <no@spam.invalid> wrote in message news:%S83g.193466$iS4.193071...

printer won't print black
I have an HP photosmart 7550 and I just changed the black ink cartridge and printed a calibration page and it looked fine. I went to print a Word document and the print head was moving like it is printing but the page came out blank. I changed cartridges and it happened again, so I don't think it's the cartridge (unless I happened to have 2 bad carts, but what is the chance of that?). The HP toolbox says the ink level is full. Any ideas? Thanks!! Eddie G "Eddie G" <mickeddie@(removeme)comcast.net> wrote: >I have an HP photosmart 7550 and...

printer won't print straight
At work, we have an HP clolor laserjet 4600. I had a document with a border. When I printed it, the document apparently was not straight, as the margin to the top of the border was slanted. Does it just about every time, although the slant differs from time to time. Is there some calibration I can do? Thanks, Peter This is a common problem with laser printers. As the paper feed rollers wear, paper can slip and slide as it is being pulled through the printer resulting in skewiff borders. You will need to replace the paper feed rollers. James Sodor www.whatcartridge.com ...

Printer won't print black?
Hi, I have an Epson printer. When I changed out the black cartridge this time it wouldn't print. After many hours of frustration - trying a different new cartridge, printing in colors, cleaning printing heads repeatedly, uninstalling and reinstalling driver, and communicating with Epson - I have discovered this morning that it may not be the printer. I installed a different printer, hp officejet 6100 all-in-one, went through all the software installation procedures and finally attempted to print the document from yesterday. Did not print in black ink??? I printed the sa...

Printer just won't print
I configured my printer with APSFILTER. It usually works very well, but this time I tried to install CUPS before and it might be why I've had problems ever since. When I look at the printer settings in KDE, everything seems fine. When I try to print a document, I receive a message saying that data is sent to the printer, but nothing happens thereafter. I don't even recieve an error message. I can't even print from the command line with lpr /etc/hosts or echo "Hello World" | lpr -PCan300. No error message, no nothing. lpq (ou lpstat) yields: Printer: Can300@here ...

Printer won't print landscape
I have an HP 1300 laserjet printer. I just connected it to a Linksys PSUS4 print server. In order to get it to work, I had to change it from a CUPS printer to a networked Unix printer using printtool: Queue type: Networked UNIX (LPS) Server: 192.168.1.6 Queue: lp Now it does not print landscape fro OpenOffice, or anywhere for that matter. I've tried changing the driver, as well as other options using printtool under Fedora Core 4. I also tried using OO's spadmin but that had no affect either. Is it possible to get this configuration to support landscape printi...

Epson printer won't print
A friend of mine with an Epson USB printer a couple years old running under Windows 98 is having a problem not being able to print. She says the printer indicates no paper is present when there is ample paper. When the printer is turned off and then back on it usually prints. Is there a fairly easy solution for this problem? ...

Printer won't print new data!
I have a similar post in news:comp.syshp.hardware My mate has a HP DeskJet printer. I sent him a few photos as did someone else. He got them all printed out but when he tried to print out a document from Word the printer kept printing the photos. Does anyone have any idea what the problem would be? Many thanks for any replies Barney Sorry for the misprint. I have posted this to news:comp.sys.hp.hardware > I have a similar post in news:comp.syshp.hardware > > My mate has a HP DeskJet printer. I sent him a few photos as did someone > else. He got them all printed ...

iPhoto won't print to my Epson printer
Fellow Mac users: After using the program and printer for about 9 months, iPhoto 2.0 will not print to my Epson Stylus Photo 925. Here's what I've done. 1. Called Epson - In that the printer works with other applications including MS Word and Epson's Film Factory, they say that the problem is not with their printer. 2. Called Apple - trashed com.apple.iphoto.plist preference, tried starting with all new preferences. No luck. They say that they can't help me. Here's what happens. The signal goes from the computer to the printer. The printer starts to process. The...

Epson 740 printer won't print
My Epson Stylus Color 740 printer won't print. When I try to print (in black and white or color), nothing happens. I wait a while and finally just cancel my print job. The light idicating that it is out of color ink is lit up. I replaced my black and white ink cartridge but it didn't help. I tried to clean the print head but nothing happened when I clicked on the command to do so. On the 740, as with many other Epsons, if you have a a solid red light showing you will not get any printing done. On the 740 which red light is showing? Is it the one for the black or the c...

EPSON CX4600 printer won't print
I have noticed several posts saying that their Epson CX4600 printer won't print after changing the printer cartridges. I'm having the same problems. I've tried cleaning and unplugging the printer for a time, but it still doesn't work. It started when I changed the black cartridge. I couldn't get any black to come out. Eventually the colored cartridges needed to be changed and now I get a blank page when printing. The monitor shows that I used half of my black cartridge, but I don't see where it could have gone. I'm wondering if the monitoring software is...

Web resources about - Laser Printer Won't Print - comp.periphs.printers