Lexmark Printer Problems - Printer Cover Open?

 A friend of mine has a Lexmark all in one, model  X1150.  Just recently it
appears to have developed a fault, when she tries to print anything it
brings up an error message saying 'Printer Cover Open'.  The printer cover
is fully closed so I can't see why the error is brought up every time, does
anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Diane

0
Diane

Diane wrote:
>  A friend of mine has a Lexmark all in one, model  X1150.  Just recently it
> appears to have developed a fault, when she tries to print anything it
> brings up an error message saying 'Printer Cover Open'.  The printer cover
> is fully closed so I can't see why the error is brought up every time, does
> anyone have any ideas?
> Thanks in advance
> Diane

Hi,

This may or may not be the problem, but I'm wild guessing that perhaps
the printer's cover door *is* fully closed but isn't depressing the
switch enough to prevent the "printer cover open" message from being
sent to the computer. Locate where the printer door activates the switch
on the printer and try depressing the switch with a finger or pen or
pencil to see if that turns off the message next time she prints.

Logically that should be the only reason she would get that message -
the switch isn't being depressed enough.

I used to have a Lexmark and I knew where that switch was, but I don't
know where it is on the X1150.

Sometimes I like to lift the cover and see if my work is printing
properly. Of course you can only do that if you depress the door
switch with your finger or pencil. On my Canon i860 it's an easily
accessible (white) switch that I can just hold down with a finger.
On my newer iP5000 it's somewhat more hidden, requiring the use of a
pencil.

-Taliesyn
0
Taliesyn
4/12/2005 2:11:58 AM
Thanks Taliesyn
I will have another look at it next time I call round to see her.
Diane

"Taliesyn" <taliesyn4@netscape.net> wrote in message
> Diane wrote:
>>  A friend of mine has a Lexmark all in one, model  X1150.  Just recently
>> it appears to have developed a fault, when she tries to print anything it
>> brings up an error message saying 'Printer Cover Open'.  The printer
>> cover is fully closed so I can't see why the error is brought up every
>> time, does anyone have any ideas?
>> Thanks in advance
>> Diane
>
> Hi,
>
> This may or may not be the problem, but I'm wild guessing that perhaps
> the printer's cover door *is* fully closed but isn't depressing the
> switch enough to prevent the "printer cover open" message from being
> sent to the computer. Locate where the printer door activates the switch
> on the printer and try depressing the switch with a finger or pen or
> pencil to see if that turns off the message next time she prints.
>
> Logically that should be the only reason she would get that message -
> the switch isn't being depressed enough.
>
> I used to have a Lexmark and I knew where that switch was, but I don't
> know where it is on the X1150.
>
> Sometimes I like to lift the cover and see if my work is printing
> properly. Of course you can only do that if you depress the door
> switch with your finger or pencil. On my Canon i860 it's an easily
> accessible (white) switch that I can just hold down with a finger.
> On my newer iP5000 it's somewhat more hidden, requiring the use of a
> pencil.
>
> -Taliesyn

0
Diane

Lexmark problem
Hi. My Lexmark X3470 printer suddenly won't allow me to do anything as it continually comes up with message cover open,even though it is fully closed. Does anyone know where sensor is located on unit so I can see if I can switch sensor off manually. Thanks, Ken "KenC" <jumpjamau@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1187950690.507577.188080@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi. > > My Lexmark X3470 printer suddenly won't allow me to do anything as it > continually comes up with message cover open,even though it is fully > closed. Does an...

Lexmark problem
Hi. My Lexmark X3470 printer suddenly won't allow me to do anything as it continually comes up with message cover open,even though it is fully closed. Does anyone know where sensor is located on unit so I can see if I can switch sensor off manually. Thanks, Ken ...

problems problems problems
(The short(?) summary) I've got an Access MDB file and a DAO connect with it.. Problem 1 of 2 The below gives me a runtime error 91 Object variable or With block variable not set. I've got the db stuff after the form.show (to make sure all the objects on the form are loaded before attempting to utilize/manipulate them) But it doesn't like it when I use the data object in the form load anyway for some reason.. pffft. Private Sub Form_Load() frmTest1Project.Show datGallery.Recordset.MoveLast datGallery.Recordset.MoveFirst Call LockTextBoxes(frmTest...

Problem with Open and Opener on windows CE
Dear All I am having some problems with the window.open function on Pocket IE (V6). I have read other postings about the same issue, but can't find an answer that's appropriate. My function on the "opening" window is as follows, and opens a lookup window: function openWin(winRef) { var WindowRef; //NB - I have tried all three of the following options: //1 return value captured and no parameters WindowRef = window.open(winRef); //2 no return value captured window.open(winRef, '_blank', 'toolbar=0, location=0, directories=0, status=0, menubar=0, scrollba...

problem opening html file with webbrowser.open
hello all, as I posted in my previous thread, I am generating html reports for my client software. I am yet to find a satisfactory module which can help me actually create headings, bold and italics etc without merging html with data variables. any ways I am right now doing the hamd coding myself. may be I have overlooked some module. right now I am in the process of trying templayer. but my main issue is that when I use the webbrowser.open("file:///home/myname/report.html"), webbroser opens but the page does not come up. there is certainly some thing wrong in what I am giving to th...

[News] Markets Opening for Open Source Problem Solvers
Get Paid to Solve Open Source Problems ,----[ Quote ] | When a community member actually fixes an issue, OpenLogic | compensates them for their efforts. Current compensation starts | at $100 minimum per issue, though Peters noted it can be adjusted | on a case-by-case basis for complexity and time involved. | | According to Peters, OpenLogic has attracted some 2,300 members, | half of whom reside outside of the U.S. She noted that the growth | rate was 62 percent in the last quarter alone. | | [...] | | "We don't want to fork code," Peters explained. "If we fix somethin...

netLib problems? Memory problems? File opening fails...
I have two boards in my VME chassis, both running VxWorks. Board A has a flash card with a DOS file system on it, and it boots from there, booting VxWorks 5.4 from /pc0/VXWORKS and /pc0/VXWORKS.SYM. I also have set up a RAM disk on Board A, where I put files in RAM on the DOS-formatted virtual disk, so that when the board is powered off, the disk goes away. Board B, also running VxWorks, boots over the network from Board A, from a subdirectory on the flash card: /pc0/BOARDB/VXWORKS. My problem is with Board B. It boots fine from the flash card, and it generally can access the RAM dis...

Lexmark problem solved
Hi! I did manage to solve the problem with disabled menues (return + select keypressed), but now he keeps asking me for a password in order to change the network settings in the client applicaion! Any idea? ...

Lexmark Problem??
A friend of mine has been handed down one of these printers.....to be honest i'm not sure which one it is. She needed a new cart and was given one by a colleague....she was sure it was the same as the one she took out.....she isn't very computerate and although the cart is full, (it fits fine in her printer).....the pc is still showing the cart as empty. I know on the fax i use...it's a Samsung fax that takes Lexmark carts, when you change carts you have to tell the fax machine that a "new" cart has been installed and it subsequently re-sets the ink level mon...

Open/not open ?
HI, I got something weird the database said it is open and not open in the same time ... any lights ? Thanks in advance Oracle 9.2.0.6/AIX U13:oracle:/prd/app/system/exploit/shell#sqlplus /nolog SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.6.0 - Production on Fri Nov 30 09:45:09 2007 Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved. SQL> connect / as sysdba Connected. SQL> SQL> select status from v$instance; STATUS ------------ OPEN SQL> alter database close; Database altered. SQL> select status from v$instance; STATUS ------------ MOUNTED SQL> alter tablespace tem...

Open with... Problems
I am having difficulty finding the selected file using the "Open with.." dialog box. I have a vb executable which opens text files to load the form. I would like for the user to be able to double click these text files and them open the executable and load that particular text file. I can start the executable, but cannot capture the file which the user has double clicked. Thanks! On 21 Aug 2006 07:11:56 -0700, dwenger.3@wright.edu wrote: >I am having difficulty finding the selected file using the "Open >with.." dialog box. > >I have a vb executable which ...

Problems problems....
I've got Fujitsu MAN3184MP and Adaptec 29160 scsi card. Sometimes i have this message "A disk read error occured" , sometimes even bios does not recognize it, sometimes it does but the boot sequence does not start it seems that motherboard bios has problems with it ( so it seems to me, i could be wrong about that assumption) . Then i reset and it all works perfectly. I've noticed a speed degradation in Win XP lately. I'm angry :)) I have LVD/SE terminator, and i think 68pin cable ( not sure about that ). Hope i gave you enough info to try and help. Thanx! -- -...

open problem
Does it make sense to create a file using ``open" without the mode argument? Ronald <followait@163.com> writes: > Does it make sense to create a file using ``open" without the mode argument? No. If you do, the open() function will take some random value from the stack or a register and use it for the mode. -- M�ns Rullg�rd mru@inprovide.com M�ns Rullg�rd wrote: > Ronald <followait@163.com> writes: > >> Does it make sense to create a file using ``open" without the mode >> argument? > > No. If you do, the open() f...

Covering problem
Hi, How can we attach all the input squares with each side less than 1, to cover the ares of the unit square as much as possible? Thank you. ...

open problem
I am writing a program whch includes many files.One such file has a function void open(void) .Now i want to open a file using open system call at but i cannot do so compiler gives me an error too may parameters to function open.I am not allowed to remove or rename or make any changes to the include files.Can anybody please help me an tell me how can use open system call or by any means get fd to a perticular file . i writing a 64 bit program so open64 wont work yatin_chaubal@yahoo.com (Yatin Chaubal) writes: > I am writing a program whch includes many files.One such file has a > functi...

Problem with a problem
Hello, take a grammar G with alphabet {0,1} such that (the word problem for) the language L_G={w in (0+1)*|w\in L(G)} is very complex, say in PSPACE or some higher complexity class. Now consider an "easy" problem EASY like: "Is an element of L_G in L_G?". Well, this seems to be fairly easy because the answer is "yes" in any case. Hence the problem should be of small complexity. But if one models such a decision problem one has to construct a language L with alphabet A such that the word problem for L reflects exactly the decision problem which one is interested...

opener.opener ?
Hi, I have window A, which open popup A which Open popup C. In the two popups I use a common JavaScript file and in order to distinguish between them I use the following code: if (typeof(opener.opener)=="object") { alert("1"); } else if (typeof(opener)=="object") { alert("2"); } The problem is that I get "1" for both popups. I.e. "opener.opener" exists also for popup A. Any ideas ? Thanks, Yaron Yaron C. wrote: > I have window A, which open popup A which Open popup C. > > In the two popups I use a common...

Re: How many files can you have in a VMS directory without performance problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? perfo
First, does anyone know why Info-VAX goes nuts on subjects from time to time? (Or is the trouble elsewhere?) From: JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> > DELETE Z*.*;* > DELETE Y*.*;* > ... > DELETE A*.*;* > > (followed by the numbers). This scheme may be a bit obsolete. See: http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/731FINAL/4506/4506pro_014.html#index_x_890 I quote: [...] 5.2.3.1.2 Extended Character Set In addition, OpenVMS V7.2 on Alpha systems and ODS-5 disks includes support for the use of file names, and subdirectory and root subdirectory names, tha...

Lexmark Z11 problems
I have a Lexmark Z11 printer. Recently it has started exhibiting some strange behavior. When printing,it will print 4 lines,each just slightly below the next. This results in text htat looks "fuzzy". Thishappensonly when printingwith the black cartridge. It works fine with the colr cartridge. I even tried a new cartridge with the same result. Anyone know what it is and how to fixit? Thanks in advance! Remove Lexmark printer replace with Cannon. On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 18:00:09 -0500, "Mysterion" <mysterion@spamalltel.net> wrote: >I have a...

netcdf.open problem
I'm using R2009b version and I installed mexcdf.r3170.zip from http://mexcdf.sourceforge.net today. Even after using addpath for this mexcdf subfolder, netcdf.open is not working. I even tried to use MATLAB functions (netcdf or netcdf.open) without using additional mexcdf or ncx files. However all I got is just a number, even though my nc file contains three dimensional matrix. Here is what I see from MATLAB. -------------------------- >> ncid = netcdf.open('v2009.nc','nc_nowrite') ncid = 4 --------------------------------- or, ---------------------...

Lexmark refill problems
I recently bought a Jettec refill kit (as advertised at http://www.jettecjetset.com ) for the black cartridge of my Lexmark Z605 inkjet. But I can't get the ink to flow reliably into the head... the first couple of lines on each page come out very faint, and the quality gradually improves to near-perfect at the bottom of the page. The printer continues working fine until it stops; but if I print another page after five minutes of inactivity, the same thing happens. Unfortunately I did leave the cartridge "empty" for 36 hours before refilling it, so that might be the pro...

LexMark Z33 Problem
It quit printing for no known reason. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Clicked on Print Test Page. It printed one line and froze up. Now it says Printing in Progress.Tried to cancel print job and it won't. Tried to uninstall and it says Printer Busy. I used Start/Run/regedit/etc. and I can't remove all of it that way. Time for a new one? Thanks in advance,Harry "Gomer" <Gomerpyle71@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:6fH7b.10665$Ly2.1659057@cletus.bright.net... > It quit printing for no known reason. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. > Clic...

Problem opening Recordsets
I recently had a motherboard failure that took the drive with it. When I finished reloading everything on the new system, I have a new problem. I can not seem to open a simple recordset in VBA. The following code fails at line 5. Sub WalkFile() Dim mydb As Database Dim myrs As Recordset Set mydb = CurrentDb Set myrs = DB.OpenRecordset("tblAll", dbOpenDynaset) Do While Not myrs.EOF Debug.Print proccode myrs.MoveNext Loop End Sub run time error 424 Object Required I checked references but i do not know if they are the same as they were. This is what they are: Visual Bas...

Lexmark install problem
I run XP and I just bought a new printer, an All-in-one Lemark X8350. Trying to install I was informed that there was not enough space for the files that were to be copied. Indeed there is enough space on my program drive (L:) but I suspect that Lexmark wants me to install the drivers etc. on C: How do I do to change the default drive? Ingemar Nilson wrote: > I run XP and I just bought a new printer, an All-in-one Lemark X8350. Trying > to install I was informed that there was not enough space for the files that > were to be copied. > > Indeed there is...

Lexmark x1180 problem
My Lexmark X1180 stoped printing colour. I changed colour cartridge with the new, original one, but it does not print colour, only black. It recognizes cartridges, it does not promt any error! I tried to clean up the contacts, no results! Can anyone help me with this problem ! Thanks !:)) Maverick wrote: >My Lexmark X1180 stoped printing colour. I changed colour cartridge with the >new, original one, but it does not print colour, only >black. It recognizes cartridges, it does not promt any error! I tried to >clean up the contacts, no results! > >C...