Lexmark vs Hp vs Kyocera laser printers

Hi,
I am interested in buying a laser printer probably second hand. So i
need a printer which is robust and won't need its fuser, drum etc
changing after 100000 prints. Also i need low cost per print, i know
kyocera is the lowest cost per print but after 300000 prints it is
useless and need to throw them in the bin. I need a print which you
can obtain cheap parts and cheap toner.
Any help would be helpful
Thanks
shah
0
ali78600

On 18 Aug 2004 16:51:41 -0700, ali78600@hotmail.com (shah) dijo:

>I am interested in buying a laser printer probably second hand. So i
>need a printer which is robust and won't need its fuser, drum etc
>changing after 100000 prints. Also i need low cost per print, i know
>kyocera is the lowest cost per print but after 300000 prints it is
>useless and need to throw them in the bin. I need a print which you
>can obtain cheap parts and cheap toner.
>Any help would be helpful

Canon WX engine printers, sold by HP as 5Si, 5Si Mopier, and 8000
(various options for all of the above).

They're heavy beasts, but impossible to destroy. Cost for toner is
about 25 hundredths of a cent per page, if you buy remans on eBay.
Need a maintenance kit every 350,000 prints. Maintenance kits include
new rollers, fuser, transfer roller. Cost about $100 on eBay. I have
several of these printers, some with many millions of impressions on
them, and still going strong.

--
Bogus e-mail address, but I read this newsgroup regularly, so reply here.
0

Lexmark vs Hp vs Kyocera laser printers #3
Hi, I am interested in buying a laser printer probably second hand. So i need a printer which is robust and won't need its fuser, drum etc changing after 100000 prints. Also i need low cost per print, i know kyocera is the lowest cost per print but after 300000 prints it is useless and need to throw them in the bin. I need a print which you can obtain cheap parts and cheap toner. Any help would be helpful Thanks shah ...

Lexmark vs Hp vs Kyocera laser printers #2
Hi, I am interested in buying a laser printer probably second hand. So i need a printer which is robust and won't need its fuser, drum etc changing after 100000 prints. Also i need low cost per print, i know kyocera is the lowest cost per print but after 300000 prints it is useless and need to throw them in the bin. I need a print which you can obtain cheap parts and cheap toner. Any help would be helpful Thanks shah ...

Printer vs printer vs ...
I have an old HP. If I load a graphic into Mozilla it will print to the HP. If I load a graphic into PMView it will not print. Why? Jim L -- If you think people are out to get you you're paranoid. If you think people are out to get anybody they can what are you? Sir: inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote: > I have an old HP. If I load a graphic into Mozilla it will print to the > HP. If I load a graphic into PMView it will not print. Why? > PMview has a size limitation. Look in the re-size option to see the largest size to which it will convert a picture. In ...

Laser Jet Printers vs Laser vs Inkjet
Dear all: I have a cheapo lexmark printer that is an inkjet printer. I am so displeased with the way that the ink dries up after a few months that I would like to consider other alternatives. Do LaserJet printers have ink that dries up just like InkJets? I am not familiar with why thinks are called lasterJet and Inkjet. Not sure what the difference is btw the two. The bottom line is that I would like a printer which does not dry up even when there is plenty of ink left in the cartridges. Therefore, I guess my question is: Do Laser Jet cartridges dry up? And if I want to...

Laser Jet Printers vs. Laser vs Inkjet
Dear all: I have a cheapo lexmark printer that is an inkjet printer. I am so displeased with the way that the ink dries up after a few months that I would like to consider other alternatives. Do LaserJet printers have ink that dries up just like InkJets? I am not familiar with why thinks are called lasterJet and Inkjet. Not sure what the difference is btw the two. The bottom line is that I would like a printer which does not dry up even when there is plenty of ink left in the cartridges. Therefore, I guess my question is: Do Laser Jet cartridges dry up? And if I want to have Cartridges that do not dry up, do I have to buy a Laser printer or are Laser Jets good enough. One last question: What about color LaserJet vs. Color Laser? (ie: same question: do the color ink cartridges dry up?) thx in advance signed: FrustratedWith-InkJet. Saylo1234 wrote: > > Therefore, I guess my question is: Do Laser Jet cartridges dry > up? And if I want to have Cartridges that do not dry up, do I have to > buy a Laser printer or are Laser Jets good enough. > > One last question: What about color LaserJet vs. Color Laser? > (ie: same question: do the color ink cartridges dry up?) You're slightly mixed up in your terminology. "LaserJet" is a brand name of Hewlett-Packard laser printers - HP are generally acknowledged to be the best (print quality, reliability, networking etc) las...

[...]

HP printer vs. Canon printer

Xerox vs HP vs Lexmark monochrome lasers
After 12 years of flawless service, our LaserWriter Pro 600 is failing. We were getting intermittent paper jams near the exit slot, and overcooked, curled pages. Now it will not print at all. My guess is that the fuser assembly needs to be fixed or replaced, but I'm not sure that it is worth investing more money in a printer this old. By current standards it is also rather slow, so we are thinking of replacing it with a new monochrome laser. Here's our wish list: - Ethernet networked (supporting 3 Macs) - 1200x1200 dpi resolution - prints up to legal size sheets, labels, t...

Xerox vs HP vs Lexmark midline monochrome lasers
After 12 years of flawless service, our LaserWriter Pro 600 is failing. We were getting intermittent paper jams near the exit slot, and overcooked, curled pages. Now it will not print at all. My guess is that the fuser assembly needs to be fixed or replaced, but I'm not sure that it is worth investing more money in a printer this old. By current standards it is also rather slow, so we are thinking of replacing it with a new monochrome laser. Here's our wish list: - Ethernet networked (supporting 3 Macs) - 1200x1200 dpi resolution - prints up to legal size sheets, labels, transparencies - Postscript compatible (true Adobe PS 3 preferred) - automatic duplexing would be nice - drivers and tech support for Mac OS X The following models are under consideration: HP Laserjet 2420DN Lexmark T430DN Xerox Phaser 3500DN These are SOHO workgroup lasers. All three are close in price and spec. We are a bit gun-shy about purchasing another HP, since we had a bad experience with their Officejet g85 inkjet AIO (buggy software drivers, and no more updates for OS X). The Xerox is a new product (no reviews available yet), and looks good on paper. It is the only one of the three that has true Adobe PS 3. But there are no dealers near us (Seattle) that have it in stock. No chance for a demo, so we would have to buy it on faith. The Lexmark is a relative unknown. I read one review that criticized it for poor quality on document...

HP vs Samsung entry level laser printer
Looking to buy a low cost laser. Should I get the Samsung ML 1710 ($99 after rebate) or the HP 1012 ($149). Here's what I've read from other users: Samsung is noisy. HP is quiet. Samsung print quality gets worse after a while. Samsung replacement toner ($79) good for about 3000 pages (comes with a 1000 page starter.) HP toner ($69) only good for 2000-2500 pages (comes with full cartridge.) Both are small, have 8MB, USB 1.1 only, (no parallel port), 600x600 dpi (HP 1200x1200 with software) and generally well. Neither has drum replacement issues since they're inc...

Laser printers
The prices of HP1022 and Brother HL-5140 seem to be nearly the same. What are the pros and cons of these printers - print quality, reliability, toner cartridge replacement cost, etc.? Thanks in advance. ...

Need a new crappy B&W laser printer: HP vs Epson?
I'd be happy with my old crappy laserjets (II and III series) , but alas, they have been repaired a couple times now and I'm hesitant to keep throwing $ at them. BUT I went to check out printers today and man! what misshapen hunks of plastic! It's not just that they're mass-produced plastic, but it seems like the part tolerances are bad. Of course they're cheap. I've gained a new respect for the build quality of my old II's and III's. Tough choice: Do I repair my old printers once again, or get used to the new disposable look? (Usually feed roller problems with the old guys) Re new printers: Does HP still hold up to Epson, etc? I'm looking for something that will print about 100 to 300 pages per day with relatively cheap toner carts. Prefer Postscript. It would be great if it lasted a while, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. The HP LJ1320 looked, well OK. I'm not sure what the equivalent Epson model is (Epson fans?) Or are there better choices in that range? _R You might want to check out the duty cycle of Brother. I hear good things from their owners but am unsure of the duty cycle and what models to consider. In all probability the replacement for the LJ IV should meet your requirements. _R wrote: >I'd be happy with my old crappy laserjets (II and III series) , but >alas, they have been repaired a couple times now and I'm hesitant >to keep throwi...

HP Vs Kyrocea printers
Which printer is better of the two ie cost/maintenance etc? Please give reason. In message <cu5quv$6g3$1@titan.btinternet.com>, Malvin <pa_pa_returns@hotmail.com> writes >Which printer is better of the two ie cost/maintenance etc? > >Please give reason. > Which model vs which model? -- Timothy Lee http://www.wightproperty.com tlatwightpropertydotcom Colour lasers? A recent PC Pro magazine (UK) review gave the Kyocera Mita FS-C5016N a running cost of 3.2 pence per colour page vs 8.2p for the HP3550n and 8.4p for the HP2550n. The Kyocera quality was better as well, but it costs twice as much to buy as the HPs. "Malvin" <pa_pa_returns@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:cu5quv$6g3$1@titan.btinternet.com... > Which printer is better of the two ie cost/maintenance etc? > > Please give reason. > ...

PS Printer Management vs. Epson Printer Management
Why, on many of the prints I make, I must use Epson's color management, rather than PS's color management, to get a print that most closely matches my monitor? I have an Epson 1280 that I've profiled using GretagMacbeth's Eye-One system. I profiled it for Epson's Premium Photo Glossy paper and MIS inks. Too frequently, when I run a test on 4x6 Epson Premium Photo Glossy paper (soft-proofing is a waste of time for me), I find that, using my profile & letting PS manage the printing, that the print fails miserably to match my monitor's image. (I recalibrate & prof...

WHAT vs HOW vs WHERE
In the ongoing discussion here about alternatives to the RM, the subject of pointers keeps coming up. AFAIK, one of the features of the RM is that the interconnectedness of data is established by common data values, instead of pointers. In my view, pointers are "good things" not "bad things". But there are plenty of "good things" that will harm you if you don't use them right. One of the ways a network or graph data base achieves performance is by the efficient use of pointers, and the strategic preplacement of pointers where they will be need...

Printer choice
Hi, Sorry if this has been gone over before, but I can't seem to find any current info. I have an Epson inkjet printer which has been great up to now. I use it for printing photographs and a few miscellaneous letters, etc. Now, however, my needs are changing and I will need to print more volume, not photographs, but things like letters, proposals, specifications, flyers, and other primarily text documents, with a maybe a few diagrams etc. Obviously the Epson would do this but it wouldn't be that economical as the thing guzzles ink. I'm not sure what volumes I'll print, but it isn't a printing business or anything like that, so (rough guess) maybe 150-200 pages/month. So, my question, for the above use would I benefit from getting a laser printer to use alongside the Epson inkjet? Obviously I'd have to buy the laser, but they seem pretty cheap these days. Lower cost per page is the aim of course. Is that still a feature of lasers? What volume of printing do you think represents a break even point re. printing with laser vs inkjet? Note - I'm thinking B&W laser here - the odd colour page could still be done on the inkjet. Regarding lasers, are the modern ones any good. A company I worked for years ago used HP Laserjets (IIIs and 4s) and they seemd very robust. Are new ones similar or are the cheaper ones less solid? How about the Konica-Minolta 1300W, as an example? Any advice gratefully receiv...

HP printer vs. ink cost??????
My son has a HP 3520 printer that I gave to him. I had to buy a hp printer when I bought my computer for a rebate type of thing so I bought the cheapest printer they had, paid $39.99. Prints okay for what he uses it for, stupid crap, he's 13. He needs new cartridges for it. $22.00 for color cartridge - 18.00 for Black and White. Am I missing something? 22 +18= 40. Thats the same I paid for the whole printer that came with 2 cartridges, a nice big box, paper sampler, instruction manual, 1 year warranty, etc.... And for some reason, the generic cartridges are only about 2 d...

Color Lasers: Lexmark C720 vs Minolta 2350EN vs ???
Any comments on the Lexmark C720 or Minolta 2350EN or ??? for both "good" color photo and general duplex black printing? ...

ex vs. em vs. px vs. % vs. in.
Hello All, I am looking for a for a good tutorial on font size definitions in a CSS. A URL to a good tutorial with demo/example will help. I am trying to create a CSS for DocBook XML Document, but I m unable to get a cross browser/platform compatibility. I want the documents to look fairly similar on all platforms/browsers. Here is my CSS -> http://www.xml-dev.com/blog/new.css And here are 2 plaint text documents using that CSS: http://tinyurl.com/yu3j8 http://tinyurl.com/2zwoh More documents here -> http://www.xml-dev.com/blog/#88 I was told that I should always use...

DTC serial line printer vs line printer over Jet Direct?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_021F_01C3E5DC.7CECB7C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable A400 MPEix 7.0. =20 I have a couple of line printers currently connected via DTC48. I have a DTC16ix already configured to replace the DTC48, but also have = jet direct boxes available for these printers.=20 One way or the other the data all go over the network whether 3000-DTC = or 3000-jetdirect via IP. The Serial portion of the path is the obvious limiting factor for print = ...

Epson CX5200 vs HP 2110 vs Lexmark 5150/6150
I am a long time HP customer. I am considering buying the Epson CX5200. It can be had for $142 with a $20 rebate and it includes the usb cable. I was comparing this against the HP 2110 (also a multifunction device). Last on my list would be the Lexmark products. Does anybody have any experiences with these machines? Am I being pennywise and dollar foolish to go for the cheaper machine? I compared these in the store and both seem about the same in quality and speed. Then again, it was only in the store. Real world experiences vary... Thanks. Art ...

OKI vs EPSON color laser printer
Hello! I have to decide whether to buy an OKI C9500 or an Epson C8600 color laser printer I need it for printing small amounts of jobs in a professional printery like flyers, cards etc. Does anyone have experiences yet which these modells? Specially printing heavier papers (up to 250gr) and quality of the printing A friend of us own a Epson C8600, he printed 500 menue cards with 4c pictures on it and I was very impressed of the quality The OKI own the intereal calibration and 1200dpi, which reads impressing in the tests but it is a LED printer (vs. Laser) and I saw now prints from...

Web resources about - Lexmark vs Hp vs Kyocera laser printers - comp.periphs.printers

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

Can you really get a solid all-in-one printer, copier and scanner for just $90?
... Deals team's advice. And in this case, we're going to help you upgrade to the Epson WorkForce WF-3620 WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, ...

Mattel unveils ThingMaker, a 3D printer for kids
Toy company hopes to make 3D printing mainstream with a new system designed for children

ThingMaker is a $300 3D Printer For Kids That Makes Toys
The two things holding 3D printers back from mainstream adoption is cost and relative difficulty of use. While they have been going down in price, ...