Linux printer drivers for Canon S300 ? (gutenprint: missingdriver files)

Hello,

have installed an Ubuntu-Linux; the printeris Canon S300.
Canon has no driver written for it.
The gutenprint-project's documentation says that there is a
driver bjc-s300, but it is NOT installed on the Ubuntu-distribution
(which comesalong with gutenprint 5.0).

So, where to get thesses files from?
(Or any other idea to use this printer?)

TIA,
   Oliver
0
Oliver

Oliver Bandel wrote:

> Hello,
>
> have installed an Ubuntu-Linux; the printeris Canon S300.
> Canon has no driver written for it.
> The gutenprint-project's documentation says that there is a
> driver bjc-s300, but it is NOT installed on the Ubuntu-distribution
> (which comesalong with gutenprint 5.0).
>
> So, where to get thesses files from?
> (Or any other idea to use this printer?)
>
> TIA,
>    Oliver

Uninstall Ubuntu's version of gutenprint, download the gutenprint 5.0 source
code from gutenprint.org, and compile it. The bjc-s300 driver IS there.

Alternatively, get the Turboprint drivers from turboprint.de. They are
commercial drivers, but for home use on some printers, they can be used
free of charge - I don't know if the S300 is one of the free ones or not (
I do know the iP4000 driver isn't ). If it's not one of said free ones,
there's a 40 Euro charge. In any case you can download and try them for
free - print out a sample page or photo - if there's a Turboprint logo on
the printout, you need to pay the fee, otherwise not.

Al Preston

0
Alastair

Canon S300 printer and GPL driver from canon.jp
hi everyone Like many other users, I'm experiencing problems with my Canon S300 printer. Today I've found a page at linuxprinting.org that state that Canon has released GPLed drivers for S300 in Japan ( http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Canon-S300 ). It's actually true: http://cweb.canon.jp/drv-upd/bj/bjlinux210.html Since I cannot understand japanese and babelfish isn't helping so much I tried to install them without much luck. I downloaded and installed (I'm running Mandrake 10 rc1) bjfilterbjs300-2.1-0.i386.rpm, bjfiltercups-2.2-0.i386.rpm, bjfilte...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

0S 9 drivers/printer description files for HP printer?
Someone I know has an old G4 running OS 9.2.2 They recently replaced an old dead GCC Elite XL 608 printer with a new HP LaserJet 5200 printer. The GCC printer was connected by ethernet. The HP is connected by USB. The CD that came with it has only OS X drivers. The old GCC printer used to show up in chooser under Laserwriter 8 But this printer does not seem to be listed at all in chooser. HP's website does not have any OS 9 drivers for this printer. I don't know anything about setting up printers on OS 9, but I found something called desktop printer utility I think. I ran that and I...

No canon pixma ip3000 printer drivers for linux
Canon does not have linux driver for pixma ip3000 printer. I tried i250 driver but it didn't work. When I ask for a test page nothing happens: the printer's light starts blinking, but no page came out. Is there a workaround? Is there a open source linux driver for Canon pixma ip3000 printer? ...

necessary to install printer driver for shared printer on computer that is not attached to printer?
We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is it necessary to install the HP drivers on the Win 7 computer in addition to the XP computer? best, Aaron From: <aaronep@pacbell.net> > We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We > have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP > computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is > it necessary to in...

Printer drivers for new printers
I have just bought a couple of printers and I am trying to find drivers for them without any success. The printers I have are a Canon S330 and a Canon i950. Both are connected on a windows printer/home control server. For the S330 I have used the S300 printer driver (qimp-print), the print quality is horrible but at least it prints the correct size, as for the i950, I used the BJC-8200 printer driver and it prints at 1/4 of the size it is supposed to. Canon only supports windows and Mac os, at least that is their official response. Is there anywhere I can find printer driv...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

Printer name = printer driver name ?
Hello, here's something I would like to understand. My new HP 1012 laser printer is connected to a WIN98SE PC. This PC is in a network with two WIN2000 PC's. After installing the drivers on these PC's I notice that the printer does not have the share name I assigned to it at the WIN98SE PC, but rather the name of the driver. Everything works at this moment, but... this looks strange to me. Did I do something wrong ? Any comments ? Thank you -- R-ton ...

I have a Canon PIXMA ip4000 printer attached via USB to my PC. My Mac can see it and add it but it cannot load the right driver. I installed the printer on the Mac as well then re connected it to the PC hoping that after the Mac would be able to locate or display the proper Canon driver. Any idea how to get the correct driver assigned to this shared printer? Thanks, Om Mac- G4/450 w 512MB RAM 10.3.8, Canon driver 2.6.0 PC- Win2K Pro- printer shared Both machines network flawlessly together ...

printer with Linux driver
I'm looking to buy a cheap new printer. For the moment I use Win XP, the moment I have some more free time I'll change to Linux. Witch printers running without problems under Linux? Erik Erik wrote: > I'm looking to buy a cheap new printer. > For the moment I use Win XP, the moment I have some more free time I'll > change to Linux. > Witch printers running without problems under Linux? Inkjets tend to need specific drivers. Lasers can - in general - be configured with a generic Postscript driver (using PPD file from the Windows driver). Or you can use a compa...

Linux Printer Driver
I am in need of a printer driver for a Canon PIXMA MP460 multifunction printer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dick On 2008-02-08, Dick Gray <romulus@mesa.net> wrote: > > > I am in need of a printer driver for a Canon PIXMA MP460 multifunction > printer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dick Try www.linuxprinting.org, but Canon is notoriously bad for Linux drivers. On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 22:55:14 -0600, Dick Gray wrote: > I am in need of a printer driver for a Canon PIXMA MP460 multifunction > printer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dick Good ...

Web resources about - Linux printer drivers for Canon S300 ? (gutenprint: missingdriver files) - comp.periphs.printers