Move document between printers / More than one printer when changing USB port

I have an annoying problem in XP.  I have only one printer, but if I plug it in a different printer port - XP insists it's a differnt printer!!!  Stupid XP seems to do this with all USB devices (suggestion/complaint sent to MS).  So I ended up with a load of documents in a dead queue, so why can't I just move them to the correct queue?  The driver etc etc is the same as it's the same actual printer!!!!

--
11 parrots            http://www.petersparrots.com
93 silly video clips  http://www.insanevideoclips.com

Tell a man that there are 400 billion stars and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint and he has to touch it.
0
Peter

USB printer Router with parallel port for printer
HI, We are looking for a braodband router with build-in printer server with a USB port. There a lot of broadband router that offer printer server but all the one we have found have parrallel port for the printer. The printer we want to buy with the router is an all in-one printer. Here all the printer we find have only USB port. Have any one find a way to connect the two or we facing a strange mismach? Thank you Andr� Blanchard <andre.blanchard@fadq.qc.ca> wrote in message news:<p1vdhvscbh85tv4mfspltfn007vfiaqa7c@4ax.com>... > HI, > > We are looking for a braodband router with build-in printer server > with a USB port. There a lot of broadband router that offer printer > server but all the one we have found have parrallel port for the > printer. The printer we want to buy with the router is an all in-one > printer. Here all the printer we find have only USB port. Have any > one find a way to connect the two or we facing a strange mismach? > > Thank you Andre, Check this http://www.surecom-net.com/pd-wireless-9910sx.htm not sure if the product is available yet. Sujit ...

Printer Ink

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

change default printer to network printer
Guys, I need help . I am using vb5. I am try to print one report @ two different location. 1) is default and 2) is on network. I am trying to set network printer as default for second time. The program was written in win98 and it is working good. but we are try to update all the computers for XP. Thanks for help Bharat Parekh *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** You can grab my printer swtich code here: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html -- Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP) Edmonton, Alberta Canada pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com htt...

Wireless Printer Server and USB printer?
I just bought a Netgear WGPS606 wireless print server to connect my USB Canon BJC-8200 printer. It works fine. I could see and print to the printer over wireless but the big problem is that there is no printer status information returned (paper out, ink empty etc...). This same printer works fine (and displayed all printer information) as a direct-connect printer or shared network printer when it was connected directly to my desktop and print from my laptop. Am I missing something? I would think that a printer server just pass data from computer to the printer and vice versa. It seem...

Wireless Printer Server and USB printer?
I just bought a Netgear WGPS606 wireless print server to connect my USB Canon BJC-8200 printer. It works fine. I could see and print to the printer over wireless but the big problem is that there is no printer status information returned (paper out, ink empty etc...). This same printer works fine (and displayed all printer information) as a direct-connect printer or shared network printer when it was connected directly to my desktop and print from my laptop. Am I missing something? I would think that a printer server just pass data from computer to the printer and vice versa. It seems that the printer server didn't pass data back to my laptop? Thanks for any suggestions! -mike- <johndoe_rider@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1119894720.500131.110780@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > I just bought a Netgear WGPS606 wireless print server to connect my USB > Canon BJC-8200 printer. It works fine. I could see and print to the > printer over wireless but the big problem is that there is no printer > status information returned (paper out, ink empty etc...). I believe this is a common problem with printer servers. Before you buy you have to check two things: a) That it supports your printer. b) How well it supports your printer. The lack of support for the "back channel" is quite common. "CWatters" <colin.watters@pandoraBOX.be> wrote in message news:xlXve.131568$Qy4.7039020@phobos.telenet-...

get printer status and change path of printer
Hello, Being new to vb dotnet I have the following problem: I want to manage printjobs by an dotnet application. For this I use the ActiveDS reference. Using this reference, how can I: * find the printerstatus (not the job status) * Change the destination of the printjobs? So change it from: \\domain\server\printer1 to \\domain\server\printer2 Any help would be appreciated Regards, Jurgen On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:26:09 +0100, "Jurgen Oerlemans" <jurgen.oerlemans@envirolab_remove_.nl> wrote: >Hello, > >Being new to vb dotnet I have the following problem: ...

Printer Issues - Change AD Password
Hi there, I currently use my Mac in a Windows only office. They have many printers and file shares set up with SMB sharing. They use Active Directory to authenticate users to the domain, as well as the shares. They are a requirement to change the password every 30 days. Unfortunately, this screws up the Windows network printers that I have added into my Mac. There seems to be NO way in the 10.3.5 GUI to change the password of a previously existing SMB network printer. Is there such a way? Is there a key that I need to press? Is there a command line terminal command to ent...

necessary to install printer driver for shared printer on computer that is not attached to printer?
We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is it necessary to install the HP drivers on the Win 7 computer in addition to the XP computer? best, Aaron From: <aaronep@pacbell.net> > We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We > have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP > computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is > it necessary to in...

Psion 3a 3Link printer cable to usb printer
Hi Is it possible to print directly from my recently acquired Psion 3a by connecting it to a USB only printer? (Canon i350). If yes, what kind of adapter should I buy? I have a Psion 3 Link Parallel Printer Interface cable. Also, how does it work printing from a Psion? Is it done through Windows? Do you have to put some kind of Printer Driver onto the Psion? Thanks Evi Evi wrote: > Hi > Is it possible to print directly from my recently acquired Psion 3a by > connecting it to a USB only printer? (Canon i350). Sorry, can't be done If yes, what kind of &g...

change printer in report pro to non default printer
Whenever i change my printer to a not default, it will at the end print to the default. Am i missing something? oReport := RpReport{ oSELF:owner,m->reportpath+ 'labels.rpt',,{{'labels',ofile, , ,,,nil}}} oReport:Connect2Source() oprinter:= PtrDevice{oself, oReport} if !oprinter:SetPrinterByName(clabelprinter) return false endif if oprinter:ShowPrintDlg() // label printer is selected here endif ..... oReport:Print(cJobName,cPrint2Filename,cCaption,CMessage) // prints to default printer?? Thx, Geert oReport := ...

Phaser printers and LED printers
I have need to purchase, for a small office environment, a printer for color brochures. It needs to handle speeds in the 10-20 pages per minute range and mainly for letter size paper. Target price is $1000-1200. I prefer something other than inkjet printers for this application, and recent color laser printer output I've seen is quite good. There seem to be several models from the major manufacturers available for under a grand, but they seem to cluster around 4 pages per minute in color, which is too slow. We will be printing runs of a few hundred pages at a time, probably...

Duplex printers and CD printers
Is Canon still the only manufacturer who sells printers in the USA that can print on both sides of the paper automatically? Is Epson still the only manufacturer who sells printers in the USA that can print on CDs? Thank you in advance for all replies. -- For some strange reason those of us who are owned by cats ascribe motives to the cat that are more benign than the cat's real motives. For example if the cat gets in the way when we are trying to do something we say it is "helping". Daniel Prince wrote: > Is Canon still the only manufacturer who sells printer...

Installed Printers
Hi, We want to make it possible for our Users to link a printer to a document type. Doing that we need to know how we can load the installed printers on the client system and how we can autoselect an printer using JavaScript Thanks in advice Jo Jo Claes wrote: > Hi, > > We want to make it possible for our Users to link a printer to a document > type. > Doing that we need to know how we can load the installed printers on the > client system and how we can autoselect an printer using JavaScript > > Thanks in advice > > Jo Client-side JavaScript does not have...

tPrinter.printers not showing a printer?
A client is using one of my programs on several computers (Win 2000). On one (and only one) of them, when I get the tPrinter.printers list of printers, it shows no printers. The user says that there is a printer installed. If the printer is properly installed in Windows, it must show up in tPrinter.printers, right? --- Replace you know what by j to email ...

Printer drivers for new printers
I have just bought a couple of printers and I am trying to find drivers for them without any success. The printers I have are a Canon S330 and a Canon i950. Both are connected on a windows printer/home control server. For the S330 I have used the S300 printer driver (qimp-print), the print quality is horrible but at least it prints the correct size, as for the i950, I used the BJC-8200 printer driver and it prints at 1/4 of the size it is supposed to. Canon only supports windows and Mac os, at least that is their official response. Is there anywhere I can find printer driv...

Printer vs printer vs ...
I have an old HP. If I load a graphic into Mozilla it will print to the HP. If I load a graphic into PMView it will not print. Why? Jim L -- If you think people are out to get you you're paranoid. If you think people are out to get anybody they can what are you? Sir: inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote: > I have an old HP. If I load a graphic into Mozilla it will print to the > HP. If I load a graphic into PMView it will not print. Why? > PMview has a size limitation. Look in the re-size option to see the largest size to which it will convert a picture. In ...

Printer trays.....network printers
Still having a problem here... If I define a Xerox printer with two Ldev nos, with data_intray=1 on one ldev, and data_intray = 4 on the other, I can send interleaved spool files to them and it works beautifully. If I remove data_intray = 4, and try to use setup_file=x.hpenv where x contains <Esc>&l4H (PCL for use lower tray), nothing works, it doesnt even rotate to landscape (understand that part). If I embed the esc sequence in the data at start it works, but thats not a viable solution. In fact if I send the tray value anything from 2 to 5, it uses bottom tray. I want t...

Access 97 Problem: only one printer shown in the printer screen
Hello, The problem: When in the print screen to print an Access 97 report, in the printer drop-down list, there is only one printer shown, but it is not the printer I want to print to. There are multiple printers installed on this computer. I cannot find a way to make all the printers set up on the computer show in the Access 97 screen. This problem is only occuring in one profile. I've deleted the profile and reloaded it with no luck. I've reinstalled Access and the service release 2b on the PC, no luck. I've tried other databases with no change. I'm having a hard tim...

tip: lpr printer to the router's printer port
There is a way to connect a printer to a router's printer port without having a special driver from the router's maker; it is known as a "lpr" printer & requires that the "printer services for unix" be installed in winxp. The printer services can be installed from the network connections in under installing optional networking componets; check the "help & support" in the printer & fax setting folder. The "help & support" will also detail a howto install a "lpr" port; and, of course, the tcp/ip protocol must have been installed. The router's printer port must support "lpd" for lpr to work; think most routers with printer ports do. The easy part is the ipaddr of the printer but the "print queue" would be from the router's doc as what to name the port; mine was just port 1 so I called it port1 which worked (had me doubting for awhile as I forgot to turn the printer on!). After entering the ipaddr/hostname & print queue, the software will check to see if there is a printer & ask if printing at test page is desired. I now don't need to use netgear's "driver" to create the printer port & print queue! I needed to use "lpr" for printing a msg in the slrn news reader & the existing printers, 1 on the router & 1 connected to the usb port, wouldn't really print; the doc just went into nevernever land. ...

printer supplies or new printer
I am running a RiscPC700 (NO strongarm), withComputer Concepts turboprinter feeding a Canon BJC210. I only use it for !HolyBible and !Sibelius6 I need either ink cartidges for the printer, or a new printer that turbo will recognise. Any suggestion? (PS - sorry I use a Windows for internet and everything else.) "Letmesnapu2" <alan.r.archer@btinternet.com> wrote: > I am running a RiscPC700 (NO strongarm), withComputer Concepts turboprinter > feeding a Canon BJC210. > > I only use it for !HolyBible and !Sibelius6 > > I need either ink cartidges for ...

Printer addendum for HP printer

Web resources about - Move document between printers / More than one printer when changing USB port - comp.periphs.printers

Identity document - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An identity document (also called a piece of identification or ID , or colloquially as one's 'papers') is any document which may be used to verify ...

Julie Bishop 'complained' after pat down at Melbourne Airport, documents show
[ Brisbane Times - Text-only index ] Julie Bishop 'complained' after pat down at Melbourne Airport, documents show Date: February 20 2016 Heath ...

Julie Bishop 'complained' after pat down at Melbourne Airport, documents show
Correspondence between federal bureaucrats states that Foreign Affairs Minister Julie Bishop &quot;complained&quot; about her treatment by security ...

Julie Bishop 'complained' after pat down at Melbourne Airport, documents show
[ The Age - Text-only index ] Julie Bishop 'complained' after pat down at Melbourne Airport, documents show Date: February 21 2016 Heath Aston ...

Julie Bishop 'complained' after pat down at Melbourne Airport, documents show
Correspondence between federal bureaucrats states that Foreign Affairs Minister Julie Bishop "complained" about her treatment by security staff ...

National Disability Insurance Scheme: Treasury considered private investors to help fund project, documents ...
Treasury looked at offloading some financial responsibility for the $22 billion NDIS to the private sector, FOI documents show.

Four men—including a pair of pastors—sue Tacoma police over stingray documents
(credit: British Columbia Emergency Photos ) The American Civil Liberties Union of Washington state has sued the Tacoma Police Department (TPD) ...

Five tools for recovering corrupted Word documents
You’ve been working on it forever, and had almost finished, but… Disaster. That all-important Word document no longer opens. If you’re using ...

Nitin Desai: Budget choices - Business Standard Column New Document Widgets Magazine Widgets Magazine ...
The finance minister faces a difficult problem in choosing between two sets of advisers. Both factions accept that the Budget must aim at stimulating ...

This guy wants to set millions of CIA documents free
A huge cache of declassified CIA documents are technically open to the public, but too difficult for most to access. A Kickstarter campaign wants ...