My Canon Pixma IP3000 printer will no longer feed glossy photo paper.

Hello all.
As per subject line.
It happened previously a short time ago, and I did what is recommended in
the IP4000 manual (pdf., downloaded.):
Press "Resume button", allow LED light to flash 3 times, release button,
It worked then.
When I tried the printer again, after a few weeks, the photo paper would not
feed.
I re-tried cleaning the paper feed rollers, as above, but that didn't work
this time.
I've had this printer just before it stopped becoming available in the UK,
but I haven't used it very much.
Will it help to grease or oil some mechanical parts? This printer has never
given me any trouble before, and has therefore never been serviced or
repaired.
All advice and/or info will be warmly welcomed.
Thanks in advance.

Sylvain.

0
Sylvain

On Dec 30 2009, 5:21=A0pm, "Sylvain VAN DER WALDE"
<sylvai...@waitrose.com> wrote:
> Hello all.
> As per subject line.
> It happened previously a short time ago, and I did what is recommended in
> the IP4000 manual (pdf., downloaded.):
> Press "Resume button", allow LED light to flash 3 times, release button,
> It worked then.
> When I tried the printer again, after a few weeks, the photo paper would =
not
> feed.
> I re-tried cleaning the paper feed rollers, as above, but that didn't wor=
> this time.
> I've had this printer just before it stopped becoming available in the UK=
,
> but I haven't used it very much.
> Will it help to grease or oil some mechanical parts? This printer has nev=
er
> given me any trouble before, and has therefore never been serviced or
> repaired.
> All advice and/or info will be warmly welcomed.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Sylvain.

Hi Sylvain,

Try placing a sheet of fine sandpaper in the paper tray. As soon as it
starts to feed grab it so that it polishes the glaze off the rubber
feed rollers. Let us know if this solves the problem.

Fred Keen
0
fredk
1/1/2010 5:52:36 PM
"fredk" <fredkeen@gmail.com> wrote in message
On Dec 30 2009, 5:21 pm, "Sylvain VAN DER WALDE"
<sylvai...@waitrose.com> wrote:
> Hello all.
> As per subject line.
> It happened previously a short time ago, and I did what is recommended in
> the IP4000 manual (pdf., downloaded.):
> Press "Resume button", allow LED light to flash 3 times, release button,
> It worked then.
> When I tried the printer again, after a few weeks, the photo paper would
> not
> feed.
> I re-tried cleaning the paper feed rollers, as above, but that didn't work
> this time.
> I've had this printer just before it stopped becoming available in the UK,
> but I haven't used it very much.
> Will it help to grease or oil some mechanical parts? This printer has
> never
> given me any trouble before, and has therefore never been serviced or
> repaired.
> All advice and/or info will be warmly welcomed.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Sylvain.

Hi Sylvain,

Try placing a sheet of fine sandpaper in the paper tray. As soon as it
starts to feed grab it so that it polishes the glaze off the rubber
feed rollers. Let us know if this solves the problem.

Fred Keen

Hello Fred.
Thanks for that info.
I will try it as a last resort.
In the meantime, I will do some dismantling, and see what it all looks like
inside.
I will get back to you afterwards.

Sylvain.

0