Need recommendations for a cheap B&W printer to print coupons and grand kids 'art'.

Need recommendations for a cheap B&W printer to print coupons,
letter/envelopes and grand kids 'art'.  At least 30 sheets a day more or
less.

OS =  10.8, XP and W7.

TIA

0
NotMe

"NotMe" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:jc064s$t3d$1@dont-email.me...
> Need recommendations for a cheap B&W printer to print coupons,
> letter/envelopes and grand kids 'art'.  At least 30 sheets a day more or
> less.
>
> OS =  10.8, XP and W7.
>
> TIA

With 30 sheets a day in B/W your best option is a laser printer, even if
it's a little more than an inkjet. Go to Newegg.com and check out the user
reviews of laser printers in the price range you seek. Many folks bring up
likes and dislikes that one might not even think about until they've read
them.

--
Jan Alter
bearpuf@verizon.net

0
Jan
12/10/2011 7:03:15 PM
"Jan Alter" <bearpuf@verizon.net> wrote in message
> "NotMe" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> Need recommendations for a cheap B&W printer to print coupons,
>> letter/envelopes and grand kids 'art'.  At least 30 sheets a day more or
>> less.
>>
>> OS =  10.8, XP and W7.
>>
>> TIA
>>

> With 30 sheets a day in B/W your best option is a laser printer, even if
> it's a little more than an inkjet. Go to Newegg.com and check out the user
> reviews of laser printers in the price range you seek. Many folks bring up
> likes and dislikes that one might not even think about until they've read
> them.

Thanks,   I'm also concerned about the availability of consumables.  (hint I
don't do dell based on a previous hammering)

0
NotMe

FYI: [a,b].join('') !== '' + a + b; // for some 'a' and 'b'
Hi I was expecting [a, b, c].join(''); to be equal to '' + a + b + c; but they are not. I read Flanagan's Rhino book, and it told me that Array.join() returns "The string that results from converting each element of |array| to a string and then concatenating them together, with the |separator| string between the elements." But according to http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/files/ECMA-ST/ECMA-262.pdf === 15.4.4.5 Array.prototype.join (separator) The elements of the array are converted to strings, and these strings are then concatenated...

Like '' & '' & ''
Having this description column in a table "Cookies, peanut butter sandwich, regular" When using this WHERE clause: WHERE (((Food_Data.Description) Like "*Butter*" & "*Peanut*")); I dont get any results, however when using it this way round WHERE (((Food_Data.Description) Like "*Peanut*" & "*Butter*")); I get the row as expected. I assume that the query looks for them in order. Is there a way i can get around this and make the query search for both keywords no matter which order i ype them in. Thanks Dave [posted and mail...

'&' or '&&' ??
In an if statement which operator & or && is best to used for and? In article <fmgr8a$a5s$1@news.net.uni-c.dk>, saneman <yyyy@dd.com> wrote: >In an if statement which operator & or && is best to used for and? && if you are working with scalar values, and & if you are working with a vector. -- "I will speculate that [...] applications [...] could actually see a performance boost for most users by going dual-core [...] because it is running the adware and spyware that [...] are otherwise slowing down the single CPU that user has...

'a&p' and 'b&m'
Hi again. Here is a small sample of what I'm doing: =20 data teste; input a1 a2 a3 a4 b1 b2 b3; cards; 3 2 1 2 1 13 3 2 1 3 1 2 15 7 1 2 2 1 10 14 9 2 2 4 1 4 13 8 1 1 4 1 3 11 4 ; run; %macro teste(banco,p,m); proc iml; use &banco; read all var('a1':'a4') into xi1; close &banco; print xi1; =20 use &banco; read all var('b1':'b3') into xi2; close &banco; print xi2; %mend teste; %teste (teste,4,3)...

'a&p' and 'b&m' #2
David, Thanks for the answer. Well, I understand I can do this without macros = and SAS/IML, but I'm working with these two things and I'm doing lots of = things here. I'm not simply separating a dataset (I sent only a part of = the SAS code I'm working on!). I can't explain now what I'm really doing = but you have to believe me that I'm not treating anything as a black = box. I know exactly what the SAS codes are supposed to do. =20 As I don't have much experience with macros, "simple" problems happen. = I'm thankful that the list is helping me...

['a', 'b'][True] results 'b' But how?
Hi, Can any one please tell me how is the following code is working? ['a','b'] is a list of string, and [True] is list of boolean value. How is it making effect....? <code Python24> >>> ['a','b] [True] 'b' >>> ['a','b'] [False] 'a' >>> ['a','b']['some_string' == r'some_string'] 'b' >>> ['a','b']['some_string' == r'somestring'] 'a' <code> Thanks in advance, regards, kath. In this case, [True] and [False...

Replacing '&' with '&amp;'
(Classic Rexx on OS/2) I'm working on a script which will convert some really bad HTML to really good XHTML 1.0 Strict. One of my challenges is when a URL contains an ampersand; even in a URL, a '&' must be written '&amp;'. It isn't really a deal-breaker, but I want to do it anyway. May as well do it right, you know. The procedure I composed for this purpose is below. It has worked every time I have tested it. Looking at it, though, I have a nagging suspicion that it is not as efficient as it could be. I have no conscious reason to think this, but it just look...

Re: 'a&p' and 'b&m' #2
It worked! =3DD Thanks Jim Groeneveld and Zhi Song. Renata Matos ...

Re: 'a&p' and 'b&m' #5
Thanks again! You're absolutely right about the power of SAS. And also = about the stuff "Know you problem" and "Use the right tool". I'd = appreciate a better advice but I don't want to talk about my code. I = want to solve the problems. That's all! Even not explaining the hole = code, people are helping me. So to achieve my objectives it hasn't been = necessary to clear up every detail. Sorry about my toy examples! I think = I can send any kind of question to the list! In fact, I can! So. If I'm = boring you, try to ignore my messages! Renata Mato...

Re: 'a&p' and 'b&m' #4
Renata, right. If you simply have a part of your problem and do not need a global solution, that's all right. Sometimes it is a bit difficult to have no information about the input and the desired output, even if it's only a part. Example: one of the last questions was: I have a SAS date in the form monthdayyear and I want to extract the month, day and year. If there is NO information, if that is REALLY a SAS date (there is no SAS date stored in the form monthdayyear!) and the desired output is expected to be numeric, you can answer several things. SUBSTR might a "good" idea,...

'&&', '||' and '!' operators allowed in template arguments?
Hi, Was looking over this paper by Bjarne Straustrup 'http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2003/n1510.pdf' and saw this syntax: template<Std_printable && value_type T> class X { /* & */ }; (page 19) Is this real syntax, or am I missing something? "Asfand Yar Qazi" <see@message.body.com> wrote in message news:30pvhgF324b2nU1@uni-berlin.de... > Hi, > > Was looking over this paper by Bjarne Straustrup > 'http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2003/n1510.pdf' > and saw this syntax: > > template...

telecommunication student need for the help'''''''
if anybody have communiction sytems for simon haykin(4th edition) solution e book(solutions to problems), please send it to me as soon as possible. i need it emergency ...

How to turn off 'N', 'S', 'E', 'W'
in the map lat and lon labels? I'm doing a final figure and I really don't need an 'N' after every latitude label, jus the number would suffice. How do I turn of the letters followin the number? What function / toolbox are you refering to?!? Being a little more specific would sure help to get an answer ... Sebastian ...

'^=' and '~='?

Web resources about - Need recommendations for a cheap B&W printer to print coupons and grand kids 'art'. - comp.periphs.printers

Implementing Recommendations of the 9/11 Commission Act of 2007 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Passed the House on January 9, 2007 (299-128 Roll call vote 015 , via Clerk.House.gov) Reported by the joint conference committee on July 25, ...

OK.com Helps Facebook Users Tap Friends, Family For Age-Appropriate Movie Recommendations
Facebook users are more likely to trust their friends when it comes to movie recommendations , and Deseret Digital Media saw an opportunity in ...

Under the Hood: Building the App Center recommendation engine - Facebook
Facebook Engineering hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Under the Hood: Building the App Center recommendation engine geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen ...

Recommendations Box - Facebook-Entwickler
The Recommendations Box shows personalized recommendations to your users. Since the content is hoste...

Recommendations
TripAdvisor today expanded the personalization of its travel site to highlight reviews from friends of users’ Facebook friends. When people ...

Zacks Investment Research - Proven Stock Ratings Research Recommendations
Zacks is the leading investment research firm focusing on equities earnings estimates and stock analysis for the individual investor, including ...

foursquare : With foursquare deemphasizing the checkin in v5.0, are the explore recommendations going ...
Answer (1 of 4): I guess there's another way of looking at it. They're trying to make you feel less pressured to check-in and spend more time ...

App Store - BuddyTV Guide: TV guide, recommendations & remote control
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about BuddyTV Guide: TV guide, recommendations & remote control on the App ...

Luke Batty: Police say some recommendations from inquest are unfeasible
Victoria Police has said some of the Coroner's recommendations from the Luke Batty inquest are &quot;unfeasible&quot; and could increase the ...