No canon pixma ip3000 printer drivers for linux

Canon does not have linux driver for pixma ip3000 printer.
I tried i250 driver but it didn't work. When I ask for a test page
nothing happens: the printer's light starts blinking, but no page came
out.
Is there a workaround?
Is there a open source linux driver for Canon pixma ip3000 printer?
0
maottawa2

linux & canon pixma ip3000 printer
My hp deskjet 920c broke during printjob (second hp printer with lifespan of less then 2 yrs) and i would like to buy a new color inktjet printer and preferbaly not HP, the inktcartridges cost to much too. The Canon Pixma IP3000 caught my eye and it will probably will work very good with winxp, but i have dual boot pc (winxp & fedora core3) and i would like to use the printer with linux as well. If i can't print photos or cd-roms with linux thats ok, but i would very much like to print colored text and agenda (from korganizer) and the likes. The information about canon printers ...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

Canon Pixma IP3000 printer ink question
Basically, I`m looking at getting one of these printers, but spotted 2 different black ink carts, the BCI-3eBk and the BCI-6. The BCI-3eBK seems to be slightly more expensive than the BCI-6. Anyone got a clue what the difference is? Also, I was looking at an Epson R200 - is there any reason I should be panicking to cancel my order for a Canon and go for the Epson? -- What am I selling on ebay right now? http://tinyurl.com/38yjc Earn money reading emails! http://tinyurl.com/2pcgm Simon Finnigan wrote: >Basically, I`m looking at getting one of these printers, but spotted 2 >different black ink carts, the BCI-3eBk and the BCI-6. The BCI-3eBK seems >to be slightly more expensive than the BCI-6. Anyone got a clue what the >difference is? Yes, but it doesn't apply to the iP3000, which uses four ink tanks, specifically the BCI-3eBk and three BCI-6(c/m/y). The BCI-6b is a dye-based photo black. The BCI-3eBk is a pigment-based black for text. The 3e is larger and has a higher ink volume. >Also, I was looking at an Epson R200 - is there any reason I should be >panicking to cancel my order for a Canon and go for the Epson? Perhaps...have you considered the life expectancy of the printhead in the Canon printer and replacement cost? Personally I prefer the HP models because the printhead is part of the ink cartridge. You never have to worry about clogging or failure. I had a Canon i850 (previous model to the i...

necessary to install printer driver for shared printer on computer that is not attached to printer?
We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is it necessary to install the HP drivers on the Win 7 computer in addition to the XP computer? best, Aaron From: <aaronep@pacbell.net> > We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We > have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP > computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is > it necessary to in...

Printer drivers for new printers
I have just bought a couple of printers and I am trying to find drivers for them without any success. The printers I have are a Canon S330 and a Canon i950. Both are connected on a windows printer/home control server. For the S330 I have used the S300 printer driver (qimp-print), the print quality is horrible but at least it prints the correct size, as for the i950, I used the BJC-8200 printer driver and it prints at 1/4 of the size it is supposed to. Canon only supports windows and Mac os, at least that is their official response. Is there anywhere I can find printer driv...

Warning about Canon PIXMA iP3000/iP4000 series printers
We were considering buying a Canon PIXMA iP3000 because these are the first printers we have ever seen that finally quit ripping people off quite so much on ink. The whole printer ink jet market, until now, has been a scam, making you spend an average of $40-$60 buy new print heads and cartridges for all three colors because one color runs out. That is like having to replace your gas tank, fuel pump, radiator, water pump, windshield washer tank and wiper motors, because you ran out of gas or got too low on radiator fluid. Oh, and by the way, there are no gauges, or transparent tanks, and no ...

Linux printer drivers for Canon S300 ? (gutenprint: missingdriver files)
Hello, have installed an Ubuntu-Linux; the printeris Canon S300. Canon has no driver written for it. The gutenprint-project's documentation says that there is a driver bjc-s300, but it is NOT installed on the Ubuntu-distribution (which comesalong with gutenprint 5.0). So, where to get thesses files from? (Or any other idea to use this printer?) TIA, Oliver Oliver Bandel wrote: > Hello, > > have installed an Ubuntu-Linux; the printeris Canon S300. > Canon has no driver written for it. > The gutenprint-project's documentation says that there is ...

Russian website which had a service manual for the Canon Pixma IP3000 bubblejet printer.
Hello all. Some of the long standing subscribers to this news group will probably remember details of this Russian website. I'm probably going back more than one year. Thanks in advance for that info. BTW, any other source of supply will be appreciated. Sylvain. If you fancy a good ol' browse have a look on the old boards, the one before this came into being... here's the link http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/bb/forum39.html... Note:This is read only davy Did you mean this one - 'Service Manuals' (http://www.eserviceinfo.com/) "...

My Canon Pixma IP3000 printer will no longer feed glossy photo paper.
Hello all. As per subject line. It happened previously a short time ago, and I did what is recommended in the IP4000 manual (pdf., downloaded.): Press "Resume button", allow LED light to flash 3 times, release button, It worked then. When I tried the printer again, after a few weeks, the photo paper would not feed. I re-tried cleaning the paper feed rollers, as above, but that didn't work this time. I've had this printer just before it stopped becoming available in the UK, but I haven't used it very much. Will it help to grease or oil some mechanical parts...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

I have a Canon PIXMA ip4000 printer attached via USB to my PC. My Mac can see it and add it but it cannot load the right driver. I installed the printer on the Mac as well then re connected it to the PC hoping that after the Mac would be able to locate or display the proper Canon driver. Any idea how to get the correct driver assigned to this shared printer? Thanks, Om Mac- G4/450 w 512MB RAM 10.3.8, Canon driver 2.6.0 PC- Win2K Pro- printer shared Both machines network flawlessly together ...

Printer name = printer driver name ?
Hello, here's something I would like to understand. My new HP 1012 laser printer is connected to a WIN98SE PC. This PC is in a network with two WIN2000 PC's. After installing the drivers on these PC's I notice that the printer does not have the share name I assigned to it at the WIN98SE PC, but rather the name of the driver. Everything works at this moment, but... this looks strange to me. Did I do something wrong ? Any comments ? Thank you -- R-ton ...

Canon S300 printer and GPL driver from canon.jp
hi everyone Like many other users, I'm experiencing problems with my Canon S300 printer. Today I've found a page at linuxprinting.org that state that Canon has released GPLed drivers for S300 in Japan ( http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Canon-S300 ). It's actually true: http://cweb.canon.jp/drv-upd/bj/bjlinux210.html Since I cannot understand japanese and babelfish isn't helping so much I tried to install them without much luck. I downloaded and installed (I'm running Mandrake 10 rc1) bjfilterbjs300-2.1-0.i386.rpm, bjfiltercups-2.2-0.i386.rpm, bjfilte...

Canon Printer Drivers
Can someone tell me where I might find the OS2 drivers for my Canon i550 printer? Hap Reese Hi Willard Willard Reese wrote: > Can someone tell me where I might find the OS2 drivers for my Canon > i550 printer? > > Hap Reese Current/Recent omni driver pack. Regards Pete ...

printer with Linux driver
I'm looking to buy a cheap new printer. For the moment I use Win XP, the moment I have some more free time I'll change to Linux. Witch printers running without problems under Linux? Erik Erik wrote: > I'm looking to buy a cheap new printer. > For the moment I use Win XP, the moment I have some more free time I'll > change to Linux. > Witch printers running without problems under Linux? Inkjets tend to need specific drivers. Lasers can - in general - be configured with a generic Postscript driver (using PPD file from the Windows driver). Or you can use a compa...

drivers for canon printer
what's the current drivers for the canon pixma ip4000 inkjet printer? just recently brought it and have set it up. now it needs the drivers. I'm told that the 850 or 950 drivers work well wit the IP4000, dunno about the ip8500. However, I don't think I have those type of drivers tho on my pc. are they supposed to be in omni or epomni, if so, then my driver must be out of date. I guess trip to Passport Adavantage is in order, eh? Alex Smariga wrote: >And I have the Pixma 8500 and would like to know what drivers will >allow me to use this pr...

Drivers for Canon printers
I know that often drivers are designed for a printer family, so that a driver for for lower-numbered printer will wokr (albeit with some limitations) for a higher numbered one. So, does anyone know if a) there are drivers for the 560/860/960 and/or 850/950 series of Canon printers? Do drivesr for 860 work for 960? Etc. b) there are any OS/2 or WinOS/2 drivers for this series? Thanks Wolf Kirchmeir wrote: > So, does anyone know if > a) there are drivers for the 560/860/960 and/or 850/950 series of Canon > printers? Do drivesr for 860 work for 960? Etc. > b) ...

Linux Printer Driver
I am in need of a printer driver for a Canon PIXMA MP460 multifunction printer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dick On 2008-02-08, Dick Gray <romulus@mesa.net> wrote: > > > I am in need of a printer driver for a Canon PIXMA MP460 multifunction > printer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dick Try www.linuxprinting.org, but Canon is notoriously bad for Linux drivers. On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 22:55:14 -0600, Dick Gray wrote: > I am in need of a printer driver for a Canon PIXMA MP460 multifunction > printer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dick Good ...

FYI
Yesterday I was in need of drivers for my Canon ImageCLASS D780 laser printer/scanner/copier/fax device. Logically I went to the Canon USA support web site. Illogically Canon reports "No drivers are available for this model." On a hunch I surfed on over to the Canon Canada support web site. Voila! There I found the drivers I needed. So if any of you find yourselves in the same boat and can't find the drivers you need, take a look here http://www.canon.ca/english/index-customersupport.asp Dejola <johnandjanet@gmail.com> observed >Yesterday I was in need of dr...

printer driver driver
Seems to me, someone should be able to write a printer driver driver, that will take the output from XP, 7, 8, or 10 and convert it to what the output from win98 or XP would look like, to be used as input for old printers. So that old printers -- and other accessories -- could be used with new versions of windows. So it woudln't have to be printer-specific, If this won't work, how come? It annoys me that not only do they want us to buy a new version of Windows, which often means a new computer, but then we have to buy new printers, etc. This is a multi-part mes...

Printer Ink

Web resources about - No canon pixma ip3000 printer drivers for linux - comp.periphs.printers

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Can you really get a solid all-in-one printer, copier and scanner for just $90?
... Deals team's advice. And in this case, we're going to help you upgrade to the Epson WorkForce WF-3620 WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, ...

Engineering students invented a 'pancake printer' that takes breakfast to the next level
It's Pancake Day! And what better way to celebrate than with the modern marvel that is this machine that will create pancakes in any shape you ...

How 3D printers are changing plastic surgery
The new technology is allowing patients to see a preview of their new faces before going under the knife