Non-brand name inks for Canon i960 printer

I recently bought a Canon i960 and have been very impressed so far. While I
like the photo quality, speed, quietness and ease of use as well as the 6
separate ink tanks, I am NOT impressed with paying $12 for each cartridge. I
am planning on printing a lot of photos for primarily personal use so ink
cost will be an issue.

What advice can people give about using off-brand ink cartridges and/or
refill kits? Are there any reference sites, rating/reviews of vendors, etc?
I am concerned about the quality of the photos but even more so by the
potential harm done to my new printer.

Any and all advice is appreicated.

Bob in RSM, CA

0
Bob

--

> If you buy that hoary old inferred crud broadcast by unenlightened sales
aids of the OEM ink manufacturers - it might be best to stick to overpriced
ink cartridges.
There are some which are far too cheap and where you'll notice the selling
sites even neglect to name names.
The JetTec 950/960 has been an unqualified success since they were
introduced: they are not intended to be the cheapest. Many customers ( and
in the USA) have achieved our loyalty discount of 9% so they've repeated
orders at least 3 time. That in itself may speak for itself.
Even at UK prices they are roughly half that of the OEM Epson$ $$.
Those I've test printed compare exactly with Epson printouts for saturation
and colour gamut using the JetTec paper. This is fast drying with the JetTec
inks.
Some tips are also at www.inkylink.co.uk
Tony
Inkylink JetTec UK Quality - Wot others wanna-be
Epson 950 C70/80/82 Lighfast pigmented inks. Canon
BCI-3 i750 BCI-6 S-820 / S-900 series.
www.aah-haa.com

0
Tony1that
1/6/2004 1:18:24 AM
Check out:

MIS (www.inksupply.com)
Mediastreet
Lyson
Weink

My research led me to MIS---I am up and running with "original
archival", and am about to fill some carts with the "Epson-equivalent"
dye.

MIS seems to be rapidly getting geared up for Canon products.

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 23:09:02 GMT, "Bob Hayden" <bobhayden@prodigy.net>
wrote:

>I recently bought a Canon i960 and have been very impressed so far. While I
>like the photo quality, speed, quietness and ease of use as well as the 6
>separate ink tanks, I am NOT impressed with paying $12 for each cartridge. I
>am planning on printing a lot of photos for primarily personal use so ink
>cost will be an issue.
>
>What advice can people give about using off-brand ink cartridges and/or
>refill kits? Are there any reference sites, rating/reviews of vendors, etc?
>I am concerned about the quality of the photos but even more so by the
>potential harm done to my new printer.
>
>Any and all advice is appreicated.
>
>Bob in RSM, CA

**************************
Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

0
Mark
1/6/2004 2:41:02 AM
On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 23:09:02 GMT, Bob Hayden wrote:

=>I recently bought a Canon i960 and have been very impressed so far. While I
=>like the photo quality, speed, quietness and ease of use as well as the 6
=>separate ink tanks, I am NOT impressed with paying $12 for each cartridge. I
=>am planning on printing a lot of photos for primarily personal use so ink
=>cost will be an issue.

This is about as cheap as you can get for proprietary inks
for any printer. In fact, given that with this printer you
don't have to replace all the tanks at the same time, there
is a considerable savings compared to printers with cheaper
multi-colour cartridges, whose replacement always entails
throwing a fair amount of unused ink in at least one of the
colour compartments.

But given that the 3rd party inks of your choice work fine
as far as colour and trouble-free operation goes, the real
issue is that ink + paper --> longevity. Go to Wilhelm
Research's website for information about this - it's an
eye-opener. You may decide that it's worth the extra cost
of proprietary inks to get prints that last.

HTH&GL

--
Wolf Kirchmeir
If you didn't want to go to Chicago, why did you get on the train?

0
Wolf
1/6/2004 11:44:32 PM
PC World did an article 3rd party Ink

My personal experience has not been good with 2 printers.

The last attempt led to replacing the printer, (to be fair, I might
have been looking for an excuse to buy a new printer).  I had
purchased some ink that was advertised as water resistant and archival
for an Epson color stylus 800.  It never printed well with the new ink
and stopped completly after 2 days.

Stan
0
sdsurratt

Printer Ink

Printer name = printer driver name ?
Hello, here's something I would like to understand. My new HP 1012 laser printer is connected to a WIN98SE PC. This PC is in a network with two WIN2000 PC's. After installing the drivers on these PC's I notice that the printer does not have the share name I assigned to it at the WIN98SE PC, but rather the name of the driver. Everything works at this moment, but... this looks strange to me. Did I do something wrong ? Any comments ? Thank you -- R-ton ...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

i960 Canon printer...what other brands can I use for photos
Just curious because Costco sells other photo paper here but not the canon brand. I think they sell the Kodak and Epson photo paper there. TIA >Just curious because Costco sells other photo paper here but not the canon >brand. >I think they sell the Kodak and Epson photo paper there. I use Epson papers with my i960 with great success. My favorite among the Epson varieties is ColorLife. I am partial to semi gloss or lustre papers. YMMV John On 27 Apr 2004 23:53:40 GMT, jmoorets@aol.com (JMooreTS) wrote: >>Just curious because Costco sells other photo paper here but not the canon >>brand. >>I think they sell the Kodak and Epson photo paper there. > >I use Epson papers with my i960 with great success. My favorite among the >Epson varieties is ColorLife. I am partial to semi gloss or lustre papers. >YMMV > >John > I use Epson from Costco and have very nice results with my i960. I use the highest paper quality setting. John H On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay! The Costco Epson glossy prints great on the 960 using the Canon Photopaper Plus Glossy setting. Thanks guys. With the ink from Atlantic inkjets coming and the paper from Costco, it will really make for low cost photos!!! "bmoag" <aetoo@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Ochkc.57883$%c5.47071@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com... > The Costco Epson glos...

I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi. Plus they are about the same price on newegg.com. Are there any features that the i860 has that the MP360 doesn't? Otherwise why not get the MP360 and get a scanner too. any info would be appreciated. Canon i860 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9387&item=9442&section=10214 Canon MP360 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9527&item=9632&section=10223 Most people BUY a product based on how THEY will use the product. Maybe the first think you need to do sort out is your own imaging needs. "sydemon" <sydegun@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:49cf01cc.0405051118.15975f6@posting.google.com... : I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The : MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. : I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, : except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit : faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo : paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

Canon 4 ink Vs 6 ink printers
Is there much different in photo print quality between Canon, or any other manufactuers for that matter, 4 and 6 ink printers? Been looking at the iP5200 and iP6600D printers. Not really sure the card slots and screen are worth the extra money over the iP5200 but do these *and* the 6 ink system of the iP6600 make it worth considering over the iP5200? In the UK the iP5200 can be had for around �115 and the iP6600D for around �170. Jack Torrence wrote: >Is there much different in photo print quality between Canon, or any other >manufactuers for that matter, 4 and 6 ink printers? > > YES. WHEN USING OEM INK CANON HAS MORE LIFE AND SNAP TO THE PHOTOS THAN THE COMPETING BRANDS. THE OEM INK ALSO COSTS LESS >Been looking at the iP5200 and iP6600D printers. > I WOULD SAY THAT THE IP5200 IS A BETTER BET IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE A COMPUTER TO EDIT YOUR PHOTOS WITH DECENT SOFTWARE. >Not really sure the card >slots and screen are worth the extra money > THEY ARE A WASTE JUST LIKE THE IP6000 THAT WAS INFERIOR >over the iP5200 but do these >*and* the 6 ink system of the iP6600 make it worth considering over the >iP5200? > > ABSOLUTLEY NOT >In the UK the iP5200 can be had for around �115 and the iP6600D for around >�170. > > PUT YOUR MONEY IN OEM INK > > > measekite wrote: > > Jack Torrence wrote: > > >Is there much diffe...

Question about the waste ink tank in Canon IP5000 (and other Canon printers)
I've read this 'tank' contains ink from the cleaning cycles of the printer, and a cleaning happens automatically every time ink cartridges are replaced. So my question is how many times do I have to replace the cartridges with new ones before an error message appears saying the tank is full? Anyone taken a printer to Canon to have the tank emptied? How much did they charge? The amount of ink consumed in the cleaning cycles when replacing tanks is minimal, but cleaning cycles also occur based upon printer usage, time intervals and when requested by the user. The deep cleaning routines use the most ink. There have been many discussions on this newsgroup and in other forums about the 'waste ink tank is full' messages and how to reset the printer. Taking the printer to a repair facility may end up costing nearly as much as a new printer. The tank isn't a bottle or container as the name implies. It is an absorbent pad. If you don't go overboard with deep cleaning cycles the chances are good that you'll not ever see this message for your printer. -- Ron "Hg" <hg@gh.hg> wrote in message news:42eb7fa8$0$78157$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > I've read this 'tank' contains ink from the cleaning cycles of the > printer, > and a cleaning happens automatically every time ink cartridges are > replaced. > So my question is how many times do I have to replace the cartridg...

Getting printer name or available printer list
Hi All Does anyone knows the API or code for getting the printer names on classic OS? Previously my colleague uses PMSessionCreatePrinterList etc, to get the list and it is working fine on OS X with carbonLib. But now we need it to run on Classic OS (OS 9) without the use of CarbonLib. Does anyone knows how to get the printer list for it or default printer name?? other than using PMSession.. Thanks ! -- Best Regards Eleen ...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

Canon I960 Printer And OSX
Is it completely impossible to use the Canon I960 printer with OSX 10.1.5 (right before Jaguar)? The driver seemed to install, but the printer (which the Mac finds on the USB port) is listed as unsupported in the printer list. -- -----+----->>>>joe Obrin | +----->>>>joeobrin@io.com | +----->>>>http://www.io.com/~joeobrin In article <nBZec.30620$xn4.59621@attbi_s51>, Joe Obrin <joeobrin@mac.com> wrote: > Is it completely impossible to use the Canon I960 printer with OSX > 10.1....

Generic inks for CANON printers?
I just ordered a canon ip3000 after my 6th and last epson C82 warranty replacement broke. I was wondering if use of generic inks from ebay will be a problem with the canon printer. I know that epson uses durabrite which the generics can't duplicate, but canon doesn't use this feature so would generics be ok? On the bright side genuine canon inks are alot cheaper than epson so thats a plus, but for the price of a set of genuines I can get 3-4 sets on ebay for half the price. It's tempting! Can anyone say anything positive about generic inks in the canon printers? My parents have a real old (10+ years) canon bubblejet printer that has been refilled with black ink alot and it's handled it ok. aloha Brian wrote: > I just ordered a canon ip3000 after my 6th and last epson C82 warranty > replacement broke. I was wondering if use of generic inks from ebay > will be a problem with the canon printer. I know that epson uses > durabrite which the generics can't duplicate, but canon doesn't use > this feature so would generics be ok? > > On the bright side genuine canon inks are alot cheaper than epson so > thats a plus, but for the price of a set of genuines I can get 3-4 > sets on ebay for half the price. It's tempting! > > Can anyone say anything positive about generic inks in the canon > printers? My parents have a real old (10+ years) canon bubblejet > printer that has bee...

Difference in brands of printer ink?
How much difference in ink is there between printer manufacturers? For example, do 3rd party ink suppliers distinguish between inks for Canon and Epson printers? Of course, cartridges are different, and one brand's cyan will be a slightly different hue than another's. But speaking strictly of the bulk inks, is for example magenta for an Epson formulated differently than one for Canon? Or is an ink an ink (ignoring the possible differences in tint). Can I use Canon CMY inks to recharge my CMY Epson printer, and vice versa (ignoring the possible necessity to re-calibrate due to a difference in tint) without worrying about inks formulated for a Canon clogging my Epson cartridge (or vice versa)? Thanks, -- Please, no "Go Google this" replies. I wouldn't ask a question here if I hadn't done that already. DaveC me@privacy.net This is an invalid return address Please reply in the news group Probably not wise. Firstly, Epson has a least 2 different basic formulas of inks. Some use dyes, some use pigments. They can be interchanges within the printer, but they do not behave well together in use, and should not be mixed in a cartridge. But even within the dye ink formulations, they can differ considerable, in the amount or and types of solvents. Viscosity (thickness of the liquid) and drying times can differ between models let along brands. Canon uses a system that boils the ink to expel it ou...

Difference in brands of printer ink?
How much difference in ink is there between printer manufacturers? For example, do 3rd party ink suppliers distinguish between inks for Canon and Epson printers? Of course, cartridges are different, and one brand's cyan will be a slightly different hue than another's. But speaking strictly of the bulk inks, is for example magenta for an Epson formulated differently than one for Canon? Or is an ink an ink (ignoring the possible differences in tint). Can I use Canon CMY inks to recharge my CMY Epson printer, and vice versa (ignoring the possible necessity to re-calibr...

Your Ink for Espon Canon printer
special offer suitable for all Epson Canon inkjet printer , welcom to visit http://xibase.net/products.php or tel 2683 2829 , free delivery. ...

change printer in report pro to non default printer
Whenever i change my printer to a not default, it will at the end print to the default. Am i missing something? oReport := RpReport{ oSELF:owner,m->reportpath+ 'labels.rpt',,{{'labels',ofile, , ,,,nil}}} oReport:Connect2Source() oprinter:= PtrDevice{oself, oReport} if !oprinter:SetPrinterByName(clabelprinter) return false endif if oprinter:ShowPrintDlg() // label printer is selected here endif ..... oReport:Print(cJobName,cPrint2Filename,cCaption,CMessage) // prints to default printer?? Thx, Geert oReport := ...

Aftermarket ink for Canon printer
A aftermarket ink store is selling out their stock of Liberty Canon carts because they are changing suppliers. I don't know if it is because of problems or price points. If I mix Liberty carts with Canon-brande ones will the results be satisfactory? I'm particularly concerned with gumming up the print head om my M600. Brendan mixing carts shouldn't matter don't forget when you run out of a cartridge your not mixing the inks in the printhead its only being mixed on the paper www.bizco.com.au "Brendan R. Wehrung" <ck183@FreeNet.Carleton.CA>...

Canon printer ink usage
Strange problem! I purchased a new computer a little more than a year ago. Along with it I got a Canon Pixma MP520 printer. As all new printers, it had four new ink cartridges in it. I set up the software so it only printed black and grey. There were no colors involved. The other day it complained (slightly over a year's use) that it was running out of Cyan. I replaced the Cyan cartridge and it began working again. Bit I noticed the cartridge I removed was 40-50% full of ink. Two things occur to me: (1) Why would it be reported as empty? (2) Why would it be emp...

Canon Pixma Printer Ink
5-Pack Non-OEM Ink w/ Chip for Canon PGI-5BK CLI-8 Pixma MP500 MP530 MP600 MP800 iP4200 iP4300 iP4500 iP5200 iP5200 Price:$8.91 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001IO6DEY Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001IO6DEY Canon Pixma Pro9000 Professional Large Format Inkjet Printer (9995A001) Price:$499.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000J1HPK8 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000J1HPK8 6 Pack (3xBlack + 1 of Each Color) Compatible Ink w/ Chip for Canon Pixma iP3300 iP3500 MP510 MX700 PGI-5BK CLI-8 Price:$21.45 Image: http://bestdea...

Replacement Ink for Canon printer
I have the Canon MP 780 all in one and it uses the number 6 black 3e black and 6 yellow 6 magenta and 6 Cyan where can I purchase replacements or should use refills if refills our available for a good price? "Kenneth Maultsby" <kmaultsby@verizon.net> wrote in message news:UogEe.426$Eo3.416@trnddc08... >I have the Canon MP 780 all in one and it uses the number 6 black 3e black >and 6 yellow 6 magenta and 6 Cyan where can I purchase replacements or >should use refills if refills our available for a good price? > Country? Region? For bulk ink www.alotofthings.com is a very good vendor. I've been a customer of theirs for several years. They stock Sensient-Formulabs ink for refilling. If you want prefilled cartridges a good source is abacus http://stores.ebay.com/AbacusInk/AbacusInk-Canon.html or www.tylermartin.com (on eBay http://stores.ebay.com/AbacusInk/AbacusInk-Canon.html ). For more information on refilling check out www.nifty-stuff.com. Several of us on this newsgroup are regulars on that forum and you'll get some very good info without the ridiculous comments from the anti 3rd party ink troll who has inflicted himself upon this newsgroup. -- Ron "Kenneth Maultsby" <kmaultsby@verizon.net> wrote in message news:UogEe.426$Eo3.416@trnddc08... >I have the Canon MP 780 all in one and it uses the number 6 black 3e black >and 6 yellow 6 magenta and 6 Cyan where can ...

Web resources about - Non-brand name inks for Canon i960 printer - comp.periphs.printers

Non-Brand ‘White Wave’ Lightning Dock Is Surprisingly Good
It’s called the Wave. Can you guess why? White Wave Dock by Modern Tech Category: Docks Works With: All Lightning iDevices Price: $22 For the ...

Google Analytics Now Separates Brand And Non-Brand PPC Traffic
Brand and non-brand paid search terms typically perform very differently and most paid search teams analyze these sets of keywords separately. ...

How Retailers Get Featured Snippets for Non-Brand Commercial Keyword Searches
... sites – such as Amazon and other retailers – showing up with the featured snippet result for commercial intent queries using non-branded keywords, ...