f



Non-US store that will ship a Canon printer to US?

I'm miffed that in the US the new Canon printers won't print on CDs,
whereas the same printers sold outside the US will do this.

I've tried to locate non-US stores using Google and Froogle, but that
doesn't work.  Way, way, way  too many hits.

Can any non-US participant in this newsgroup suggest a  web/mail order
store that will ship a printer to the US?

Have any US readers in this newsgroup successfully imported a Canon
printer?  Did you have any problems with customs about the Canon
trademark? (question based on personal experience buying Nikon cameras
from Hong Kong in the late 60s.)

Or, can I simply order a spare part that will enable me to print onto
CDs, using a USA version of the printer?  

Thanks in advance
0
Lady
2/7/2005 7:19:55 AM
comp.periphs.printers 18139 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

24 Replies
682 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 22

"Lady Margeret Thatcher" <not@home.com> wrote in message
news:kb5e011bafa4vlmuq3uq7pu7u1jqg971r7@4ax.com...
> I'm miffed that in the US the new Canon printers won't print on CDs,
> whereas the same printers sold outside the US will do this.
>
> I've tried to locate non-US stores using Google and Froogle, but that
> doesn't work.  Way, way, way  too many hits.
>
> Can any non-US participant in this newsgroup suggest a  web/mail order
> store that will ship a printer to the US?

Do you need a 110V model?



0
CWatters
2/7/2005 9:48:17 AM
<< From: Lady Margeret Thatcher not@home.com 
Date: Mon, Feb 7, 2005 1:19 AM
Message-id: <kb5e011bafa4vlmuq3uq7pu7u1jqg971r7@4ax.com>

I'm miffed that in the US the new Canon printers won't print on CDs,
whereas the same printers sold outside the US will do this.

I've tried to locate non-US stores using Google and Froogle, but that
doesn't work.  Way, way, way  too many hits.

Can any non-US participant in this newsgroup suggest a  web/mail order
store that will ship a printer to the US?

Have any US readers in this newsgroup successfully imported a Canon
printer?  Did you have any problems with customs about the Canon
trademark? (question based on personal experience buying Nikon cameras
from Hong Kong in the late 60s.)

Or, can I simply order a spare part that will enable me to print onto
CDs, using a USA version of the printer?  

Thanks in advance
 >><BR><BR>
If your that Hot to get a CD/DVD printer, why not just settle for the Epson
RX-300?
0
fredbillie
2/7/2005 10:28:19 AM
http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=CAN_PIXMA_IP3000




"Lady Margeret Thatcher" <not@home.com> wrote in message
news:kb5e011bafa4vlmuq3uq7pu7u1jqg971r7@4ax.com...
> I'm miffed that in the US the new Canon printers won't print on CDs,
> whereas the same printers sold outside the US will do this.
>
> I've tried to locate non-US stores using Google and Froogle, but that
> doesn't work.  Way, way, way  too many hits.
>
> Can any non-US participant in this newsgroup suggest a  web/mail order
> store that will ship a printer to the US?
>
> Have any US readers in this newsgroup successfully imported a Canon
> printer?  Did you have any problems with customs about the Canon
> trademark? (question based on personal experience buying Nikon cameras
> from Hong Kong in the late 60s.)
>
> Or, can I simply order a spare part that will enable me to print onto
> CDs, using a USA version of the printer?
>
> Thanks in advance


0
Dan
2/7/2005 5:09:49 PM
In article <c76dnc7EUuKrPZrfRVn-uA@comcast.com>, Dan G <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote:
>http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=CAN_PIXMA_IP3000
>
>
>
>
>"Lady Margeret Thatcher" <not@home.com> wrote in message
>news:kb5e011bafa4vlmuq3uq7pu7u1jqg971r7@4ax.com...
>> I'm miffed that in the US the new Canon printers won't print on CDs,
>> whereas the same printers sold outside the US will do this.
>>
>> I've tried to locate non-US stores using Google and Froogle, but that
>> doesn't work.  Way, way, way  too many hits.
>>
>> Can any non-US participant in this newsgroup suggest a  web/mail order
>> store that will ship a printer to the US?
>>
>> Have any US readers in this newsgroup successfully imported a Canon
>> printer?  Did you have any problems with customs about the Canon
>> trademark? (question based on personal experience buying Nikon cameras
>> from Hong Kong in the late 60s.)
>>
>> Or, can I simply order a spare part that will enable me to print onto
>> CDs, using a USA version of the printer?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>
>



There's a gadget I see in the local computer store that just prints 
on CDs.      Well under $100. 

-- 

a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m 

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.
0
adykes
2/7/2005 5:16:38 PM
"FredBillie" <fredbillie@aol.comnospam> wrote in message
news:20050207052819.12708.00000331@mb-m24.aol.com...
> << From: Lady Margeret Thatcher not@home.com
> Date: Mon, Feb 7, 2005 1:19 AM
> Message-id: <kb5e011bafa4vlmuq3uq7pu7u1jqg971r7@4ax.com>
>
> I'm miffed that in the US the new Canon printers won't print on CDs,
> whereas the same printers sold outside the US will do this.

Same with Epson 2200 vs 2100


0
CWatters
2/8/2005 11:59:54 AM
On 7 Feb 2005 12:16:38 -0500, adykes@panix.com (Al Dykes) wrote:

>In article <c76dnc7EUuKrPZrfRVn-uA@comcast.com>, Dan G <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote:
>>http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=CAN_PIXMA_IP3000
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>"Lady Margeret Thatcher" <not@home.com> wrote in message
>>news:kb5e011bafa4vlmuq3uq7pu7u1jqg971r7@4ax.com...
>>> I'm miffed that in the US the new Canon printers won't print on CDs,
>>> whereas the same printers sold outside the US will do this.
>>>
>>> I've tried to locate non-US stores using Google and Froogle, but that
>>> doesn't work.  Way, way, way  too many hits.
>>>
>>> Can any non-US participant in this newsgroup suggest a  web/mail order
>>> store that will ship a printer to the US?
>>>
>>> Have any US readers in this newsgroup successfully imported a Canon
>>> printer?  Did you have any problems with customs about the Canon
>>> trademark? (question based on personal experience buying Nikon cameras
>>> from Hong Kong in the late 60s.)
>>>
>>> Or, can I simply order a spare part that will enable me to print onto
>>> CDs, using a USA version of the printer?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>
>>
>
>
>
>There's a gadget I see in the local computer store that just prints 
>on CDs.      Well under $100. 

Al,

I often see your posts in the different groups that I hang out in.
And, as usual, your post seems most down-to-earth.

One poster provided the URL above for a US store that did ship Canon
printers with CD printing.  That was good until I froogled the printer
and discovered that the price on the Canon iP3000 was about $75 more
than a lot of places that froogle listed.  Gee, as much as I would
like one printer instead of two, I might just go for your gadget.
Happen to remember the name?

Maggie

0
Lady
2/8/2005 8:12:28 PM
On 07 Feb 2005 10:28:19 GMT, fredbillie@aol.comnospam (FredBillie)
wrote:

><< From: Lady Margeret Thatcher not@home.com 
>Date: Mon, Feb 7, 2005 1:19 AM
>Message-id: <kb5e011bafa4vlmuq3uq7pu7u1jqg971r7@4ax.com>
>
>I'm miffed that in the US the new Canon printers won't print on CDs,
>whereas the same printers sold outside the US will do this.
>
>I've tried to locate non-US stores using Google and Froogle, but that
>doesn't work.  Way, way, way  too many hits.
>
>Can any non-US participant in this newsgroup suggest a  web/mail order
>store that will ship a printer to the US?
>
>Have any US readers in this newsgroup successfully imported a Canon
>printer?  Did you have any problems with customs about the Canon
>trademark? (question based on personal experience buying Nikon cameras
>from Hong Kong in the late 60s.)
>
>Or, can I simply order a spare part that will enable me to print onto
>CDs, using a USA version of the printer?  
>
>Thanks in advance
> >><BR><BR>
>If your that Hot to get a CD/DVD printer, why not just settle for the Epson
>RX-300?

I was hoping to get one printer, so I have less clutter, and less risk
of a print head jamming because  ink has dried up.  

Are there any non-US readers in this group who have a Canon printer?
0
Lady
2/8/2005 8:14:01 PM
Yes! I have a Canon iP4000 and it's the best printer I have owned. I run 
Cartridge World in Oxford, UK and we sell Canon printers. search for the 
above name and location then email me and I will see if we can ship to the 
USA. The local price for the canon's are as follows:
iP3000 - �99.95, iP4000 - �149.95, iP5000 - �174.95. All these price include 
VAT @ 17.5%.

Regards
Dave
"Lady Margeret Thatcher" <Was_at_10_Downing_Street@bad_for_the_UK.org> wrote 
in message news:s97i019ot8m2or2nn5bohjh0v6notg2i6r@4ax.com...
> On 07 Feb 2005 10:28:19 GMT, fredbillie@aol.comnospam (FredBillie)
> wrote:
>
>><< From: Lady Margeret Thatcher not@home.com
>>Date: Mon, Feb 7, 2005 1:19 AM
>>Message-id: <kb5e011bafa4vlmuq3uq7pu7u1jqg971r7@4ax.com>
>>
>>I'm miffed that in the US the new Canon printers won't print on CDs,
>>whereas the same printers sold outside the US will do this.
>>
>>I've tried to locate non-US stores using Google and Froogle, but that
>>doesn't work.  Way, way, way  too many hits.
>>
>>Can any non-US participant in this newsgroup suggest a  web/mail order
>>store that will ship a printer to the US?
>>
>>Have any US readers in this newsgroup successfully imported a Canon
>>printer?  Did you have any problems with customs about the Canon
>>trademark? (question based on personal experience buying Nikon cameras
>>from Hong Kong in the late 60s.)
>>
>>Or, can I simply order a spare part that will enable me to print onto
>>CDs, using a USA version of the printer?
>>
>>Thanks in advance
>> >><BR><BR>
>>If your that Hot to get a CD/DVD printer, why not just settle for the 
>>Epson
>>RX-300?
>
> I was hoping to get one printer, so I have less clutter, and less risk
> of a print head jamming because  ink has dried up.
>
> Are there any non-US readers in this group who have a Canon printer? 


0
Stick
2/9/2005 7:02:34 AM
On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 07:02:34 -0000, "Stick Stickus"
<dclincattiscalidotcodotuk> wrote:

>Yes! I have a Canon iP4000 and it's the best printer I have owned. I run 
>Cartridge World in Oxford, UK and we sell Canon printers. search for the 
>above name and location then email me and I will see if we can ship to the 
>USA. The local price for the canon's are as follows:
>iP3000 - �99.95, iP4000 - �149.95, iP5000 - �174.95. All these price include 
>VAT @ 17.5%.

Thank you.

I just did a Google search and I came up with a store located in
Oxford on London Road, Headington.  Email is
cwoxford@cartridgeworld.org.  Is that your store?

Regarding VAT, if you ship outside the UK, is the shipment exempt from
VAT?

Also, as several people have pointed out to me, are the Canon printers
you sell capable of operating from 110V mains, that is, are they
"universal?"  I expect that I would need a different cord to plug the
printer into a power outlet.  

>Regards
>Dave
>"Lady Margeret Thatcher" <Was_at_10_Downing_Street@bad_for_the_UK.org> wrote 
>in message news:s97i019ot8m2or2nn5bohjh0v6notg2i6r@4ax.com...
>> On 07 Feb 2005 10:28:19 GMT, fredbillie@aol.comnospam (FredBillie)
>> wrote:
>>
>>><< From: Lady Margeret Thatcher not@home.com
>>>Date: Mon, Feb 7, 2005 1:19 AM
>>>Message-id: <kb5e011bafa4vlmuq3uq7pu7u1jqg971r7@4ax.com>
>>>
>>>I'm miffed that in the US the new Canon printers won't print on CDs,
>>>whereas the same printers sold outside the US will do this.
>>>
>>>I've tried to locate non-US stores using Google and Froogle, but that
>>>doesn't work.  Way, way, way  too many hits.
>>>
>>>Can any non-US participant in this newsgroup suggest a  web/mail order
>>>store that will ship a printer to the US?
>>>
>>>Have any US readers in this newsgroup successfully imported a Canon
>>>printer?  Did you have any problems with customs about the Canon
>>>trademark? (question based on personal experience buying Nikon cameras
>>>from Hong Kong in the late 60s.)
>>>
>>>Or, can I simply order a spare part that will enable me to print onto
>>>CDs, using a USA version of the printer?
>>>
>>>Thanks in advance
>>> >><BR><BR>
>>>If your that Hot to get a CD/DVD printer, why not just settle for the 
>>>Epson
>>>RX-300?
>>
>> I was hoping to get one printer, so I have less clutter, and less risk
>> of a print head jamming because  ink has dried up.
>>
>> Are there any non-US readers in this group who have a Canon printer? 
>

0
Lady
2/10/2005 12:10:48 AM
Yep, That's the store. VAT is removed prior to purchase when the sale is for 
someone abroad.
Taxes may be applied according to you countries rules.
You would need to purchase an adapter for your power points, this should be 
available from any good canon stockist.

Regards
Stick
"Lady Margeret Thatcher" <Was_at_10_Downing_Street@bad_for_the_UK.org> wrote 
in message news:4c9l01561jnqmrj53m4st7vp8nqdgrfimr@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 07:02:34 -0000, "Stick Stickus"
> <dclincattiscalidotcodotuk> wrote:
>
>>Yes! I have a Canon iP4000 and it's the best printer I have owned. I run
>>Cartridge World in Oxford, UK and we sell Canon printers. search for the
>>above name and location then email me and I will see if we can ship to the
>>USA. The local price for the canon's are as follows:
>>iP3000 - �99.95, iP4000 - �149.95, iP5000 - �174.95. All these price 
>>include
>>VAT @ 17.5%.
>
> Thank you.
>
> I just did a Google search and I came up with a store located in
> Oxford on London Road, Headington.  Email is
> cwoxford@cartridgeworld.org.  Is that your store?
>
> Regarding VAT, if you ship outside the UK, is the shipment exempt from
> VAT?
>
> Also, as several people have pointed out to me, are the Canon printers
> you sell capable of operating from 110V mains, that is, are they
> "universal?"  I expect that I would need a different cord to plug the
> printer into a power outlet.
>
>>Regards
>>Dave
>>"Lady Margeret Thatcher" <Was_at_10_Downing_Street@bad_for_the_UK.org> 
>>wrote
>>in message news:s97i019ot8m2or2nn5bohjh0v6notg2i6r@4ax.com...
>>> On 07 Feb 2005 10:28:19 GMT, fredbillie@aol.comnospam (FredBillie)
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>><< From: Lady Margeret Thatcher not@home.com
>>>>Date: Mon, Feb 7, 2005 1:19 AM
>>>>Message-id: <kb5e011bafa4vlmuq3uq7pu7u1jqg971r7@4ax.com>
>>>>
>>>>I'm miffed that in the US the new Canon printers won't print on CDs,
>>>>whereas the same printers sold outside the US will do this.
>>>>
>>>>I've tried to locate non-US stores using Google and Froogle, but that
>>>>doesn't work.  Way, way, way  too many hits.
>>>>
>>>>Can any non-US participant in this newsgroup suggest a  web/mail order
>>>>store that will ship a printer to the US?
>>>>
>>>>Have any US readers in this newsgroup successfully imported a Canon
>>>>printer?  Did you have any problems with customs about the Canon
>>>>trademark? (question based on personal experience buying Nikon cameras
>>>>from Hong Kong in the late 60s.)
>>>>
>>>>Or, can I simply order a spare part that will enable me to print onto
>>>>CDs, using a USA version of the printer?
>>>>
>>>>Thanks in advance
>>>> >><BR><BR>
>>>>If your that Hot to get a CD/DVD printer, why not just settle for the
>>>>Epson
>>>>RX-300?
>>>
>>> I was hoping to get one printer, so I have less clutter, and less risk
>>> of a print head jamming because  ink has dried up.
>>>
>>> Are there any non-US readers in this group who have a Canon printer?
>>
> 


0
Stick
2/11/2005 6:23:15 AM
On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 06:23:15 -0000, "Stick Stickus"
<dclincattiscalidotcodotuk> wrote:

>Yep, That's the store. VAT is removed prior to purchase when the sale is for 
>someone abroad.
>Taxes may be applied according to you countries rules.
>You would need to purchase an adapter for your power points, this should be 
>available from any good canon stockist.
>

Thanks.  Can the printer work with 110V mains?  That is my main
concern.  It's easy enough to get an adapter.

"Maggie"  ("Iron Lady")


>Regards
>Stick
>"Lady Margeret Thatcher" <Was_at_10_Downing_Street@bad_for_the_UK.org> wrote 
>in message news:4c9l01561jnqmrj53m4st7vp8nqdgrfimr@4ax.com...
>> On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 07:02:34 -0000, "Stick Stickus"
>> <dclincattiscalidotcodotuk> wrote:
>>
>>>Yes! I have a Canon iP4000 and it's the best printer I have owned. I run
>>>Cartridge World in Oxford, UK and we sell Canon printers. search for the
>>>above name and location then email me and I will see if we can ship to the
>>>USA. The local price for the canon's are as follows:
>>>iP3000 - �99.95, iP4000 - �149.95, iP5000 - �174.95. All these price 
>>>include
>>>VAT @ 17.5%.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> I just did a Google search and I came up with a store located in
>> Oxford on London Road, Headington.  Email is
>> cwoxford@cartridgeworld.org.  Is that your store?
>>
>> Regarding VAT, if you ship outside the UK, is the shipment exempt from
>> VAT?
>>
>> Also, as several people have pointed out to me, are the Canon printers
>> you sell capable of operating from 110V mains, that is, are they
>> "universal?"  I expect that I would need a different cord to plug the
>> printer into a power outlet.
>>
>>>Regards
>>>Dave
>>>"Lady Margeret Thatcher" <Was_at_10_Downing_Street@bad_for_the_UK.org> 
>>>wrote
>>>in message news:s97i019ot8m2or2nn5bohjh0v6notg2i6r@4ax.com...
>>>> On 07 Feb 2005 10:28:19 GMT, fredbillie@aol.comnospam (FredBillie)
>>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>><< From: Lady Margeret Thatcher not@home.com
>>>>>Date: Mon, Feb 7, 2005 1:19 AM
>>>>>Message-id: <kb5e011bafa4vlmuq3uq7pu7u1jqg971r7@4ax.com>
>>>>>
>>>>>I'm miffed that in the US the new Canon printers won't print on CDs,
>>>>>whereas the same printers sold outside the US will do this.
>>>>>
>>>>>I've tried to locate non-US stores using Google and Froogle, but that
>>>>>doesn't work.  Way, way, way  too many hits.
>>>>>
>>>>>Can any non-US participant in this newsgroup suggest a  web/mail order
>>>>>store that will ship a printer to the US?
>>>>>
>>>>>Have any US readers in this newsgroup successfully imported a Canon
>>>>>printer?  Did you have any problems with customs about the Canon
>>>>>trademark? (question based on personal experience buying Nikon cameras
>>>>>from Hong Kong in the late 60s.)
>>>>>
>>>>>Or, can I simply order a spare part that will enable me to print onto
>>>>>CDs, using a USA version of the printer?
>>>>>
>>>>>Thanks in advance
>>>>> >><BR><BR>
>>>>>If your that Hot to get a CD/DVD printer, why not just settle for the
>>>>>Epson
>>>>>RX-300?
>>>>
>>>> I was hoping to get one printer, so I have less clutter, and less risk
>>>> of a print head jamming because  ink has dried up.
>>>>
>>>> Are there any non-US readers in this group who have a Canon printer?
>>>
>> 
>

0
Lady
2/11/2005 7:59:52 AM
In article Lady Margeret Thatcher says...
> Thanks.  Can the printer work with 110V mains?  That is my main
> concern.  It's easy enough to get an adapter.
> 
> 
Don't count on it. The i series didn't have universal power bricks and I 
don't think the iP have either. They are specc'd 110-120V or 220-240V, 
not 110 - 240V.
0
colinco
2/11/2005 9:13:11 AM
Having spoken to Canon UK they told me that they will work in Europe with an 
a plug adapter. I will check today with canon regarding working in the USA.
"Lady Margeret Thatcher" <Was_at_10_Downing_Street@bad_for_the_UK.org> wrote 
in message news:ddpo01tiu4qn27kk6q4hrgr3cnlhn4psst@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 06:23:15 -0000, "Stick Stickus"
> <dclincattiscalidotcodotuk> wrote:
>
>>Yep, That's the store. VAT is removed prior to purchase when the sale is 
>>for
>>someone abroad.
>>Taxes may be applied according to you countries rules.
>>You would need to purchase an adapter for your power points, this should 
>>be
>>available from any good canon stockist.
>>
>
> Thanks.  Can the printer work with 110V mains?  That is my main
> concern.  It's easy enough to get an adapter.
>
> "Maggie"  ("Iron Lady")
>
>
>>Regards
>>Stick
>>"Lady Margeret Thatcher" <Was_at_10_Downing_Street@bad_for_the_UK.org> 
>>wrote
>>in message news:4c9l01561jnqmrj53m4st7vp8nqdgrfimr@4ax.com...
>>> On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 07:02:34 -0000, "Stick Stickus"
>>> <dclincattiscalidotcodotuk> wrote:
>>>
>>>>Yes! I have a Canon iP4000 and it's the best printer I have owned. I run
>>>>Cartridge World in Oxford, UK and we sell Canon printers. search for the
>>>>above name and location then email me and I will see if we can ship to 
>>>>the
>>>>USA. The local price for the canon's are as follows:
>>>>iP3000 - �99.95, iP4000 - �149.95, iP5000 - �174.95. All these price
>>>>include
>>>>VAT @ 17.5%.
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>> I just did a Google search and I came up with a store located in
>>> Oxford on London Road, Headington.  Email is
>>> cwoxford@cartridgeworld.org.  Is that your store?
>>>
>>> Regarding VAT, if you ship outside the UK, is the shipment exempt from
>>> VAT?
>>>
>>> Also, as several people have pointed out to me, are the Canon printers
>>> you sell capable of operating from 110V mains, that is, are they
>>> "universal?"  I expect that I would need a different cord to plug the
>>> printer into a power outlet.
>>>
>>>>Regards
>>>>Dave
>>>>"Lady Margeret Thatcher" <Was_at_10_Downing_Street@bad_for_the_UK.org>
>>>>wrote
>>>>in message news:s97i019ot8m2or2nn5bohjh0v6notg2i6r@4ax.com...
>>>>> On 07 Feb 2005 10:28:19 GMT, fredbillie@aol.comnospam (FredBillie)
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>><< From: Lady Margeret Thatcher not@home.com
>>>>>>Date: Mon, Feb 7, 2005 1:19 AM
>>>>>>Message-id: <kb5e011bafa4vlmuq3uq7pu7u1jqg971r7@4ax.com>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>I'm miffed that in the US the new Canon printers won't print on CDs,
>>>>>>whereas the same printers sold outside the US will do this.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>I've tried to locate non-US stores using Google and Froogle, but that
>>>>>>doesn't work.  Way, way, way  too many hits.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Can any non-US participant in this newsgroup suggest a  web/mail order
>>>>>>store that will ship a printer to the US?
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Have any US readers in this newsgroup successfully imported a Canon
>>>>>>printer?  Did you have any problems with customs about the Canon
>>>>>>trademark? (question based on personal experience buying Nikon cameras
>>>>>>from Hong Kong in the late 60s.)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Or, can I simply order a spare part that will enable me to print onto
>>>>>>CDs, using a USA version of the printer?
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Thanks in advance
>>>>>> >><BR><BR>
>>>>>>If your that Hot to get a CD/DVD printer, why not just settle for the
>>>>>>Epson
>>>>>>RX-300?
>>>>>
>>>>> I was hoping to get one printer, so I have less clutter, and less risk
>>>>> of a print head jamming because  ink has dried up.
>>>>>
>>>>> Are there any non-US readers in this group who have a Canon printer?
>>>>
>>>
>>
> 


0
Stick
2/12/2005 6:58:28 AM
"Stick Stickus" <dclincattiscalidotcodotuk> wrote in message 
news:420da914$1_1@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...
> Having spoken to Canon UK they told me that they will work in Europe with 
> an a plug adapter. I will check today with canon regarding working in the 
> USA.

Well that's no great surprise - all of Europe is 240v. It's no reason to 
think it will work in the US on the 110v system. In fact I'll be very 
surprised if the IP printers have multi voltage as an unspecified feature! 


0
Caitlin
2/12/2005 10:14:29 AM
On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 21:14:29 +1100, "Caitlin"
<caitlin_online_spamtrap@hotmail.com> wrote:

>
>"Stick Stickus" <dclincattiscalidotcodotuk> wrote in message 
>news:420da914$1_1@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...
>> Having spoken to Canon UK they told me that they will work in Europe with 
>> an a plug adapter. I will check today with canon regarding working in the 
>> USA.
>
>Well that's no great surprise - all of Europe is 240v. It's no reason to 
>think it will work in the US on the 110v system. In fact I'll be very 
>surprised if the IP printers have multi voltage as an unspecified feature! 

As the OP on this topic, I've pretty much resigned myself to not
buying a printer from a non-US source.  The issue of 240 vs. 110 volt
mains is a serious one.  Also, there is the issue of "localization,"
since standard paper sizes are different between the US and much of
the rest of the world.

My only "hope" is that the printer tray that holds CDs is available as
a repair item.  And that is unlikely.   Or I go to someplace in Europe
just to buy the printer from a High Street store.  :)

Also, it's very interesting that a number of online stores that sell
Canon printers use the same general description language worldwide.
That general description includes printing onto CD and DVD media.  Yet
the technical specifications do not include this media type.

Further, I found a forum thread in which one online store with both US
and non-US locations will ship only the US version (no CD printing) to
a US customer.



0
Lady
2/12/2005 11:04:59 PM
"Lady Margeret Thatcher" <Was_at_10_Downing_Street@bad_for_the_UK.org> wrote 
in message news:74vs01hoebh56g3lns9qrrsa0qafp69o4o@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 21:14:29 +1100, "Caitlin"
> <caitlin_online_spamtrap@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>
>>"Stick Stickus" <dclincattiscalidotcodotuk> wrote in message
>>news:420da914$1_1@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...
>>> Having spoken to Canon UK they told me that they will work in Europe 
>>> with
>>> an a plug adapter. I will check today with canon regarding working in 
>>> the
>>> USA.
>>
>>Well that's no great surprise - all of Europe is 240v. It's no reason to
>>think it will work in the US on the 110v system. In fact I'll be very
>>surprised if the IP printers have multi voltage as an unspecified feature!
>
> As the OP on this topic, I've pretty much resigned myself to not
> buying a printer from a non-US source.  The issue of 240 vs. 110 volt
> mains is a serious one.  Also, there is the issue of "localization,"
> since standard paper sizes are different between the US and much of
> the rest of the world.
>
> My only "hope" is that the printer tray that holds CDs is available as
> a repair item.  And that is unlikely.   Or I go to someplace in Europe
> just to buy the printer from a High Street store.  :)
>
> Also, it's very interesting that a number of online stores that sell
> Canon printers use the same general description language worldwide.
> That general description includes printing onto CD and DVD media.  Yet
> the technical specifications do not include this media type.
>
> Further, I found a forum thread in which one online store with both US
> and non-US locations will ship only the US version (no CD printing) to
> a US customer.
>
This doesn't help you a great deal, but I do remember reading in another 
forum a while ago that someone had investigated this, and that getting the 
extra CD tray was not enough. The CD tray slot has also been blocked at the 
back or something? I think you may also find the software/driver could be 
different? 


0
Caitlin
2/13/2005 12:10:41 AM
On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 11:10:41 +1100, "Caitlin"
<caitlin_online_spamtrap@hotmail.com> wrote:


>This doesn't help you a great deal, but I do remember reading in another 
>forum a while ago that someone had investigated this, and that getting the 
>extra CD tray was not enough. The CD tray slot has also been blocked at the 
>back or something? I think you may also find the software/driver could be 
>different? 
>

In other words,  it's not going to happen.  Not that you couldn't
"trim out" the clearance for the tray.  But it sure sounds like it's
not worth the effort.  As the OP, I officially throw up my hands and
give up.
0
Lady
2/13/2005 7:32:05 AM
In article Lady Margeret Thatcher says...
> >This doesn't help you a great deal, but I do remember reading in another 
> >forum a while ago that someone had investigated this, and that getting the 
> >extra CD tray was not enough. The CD tray slot has also been blocked at the 
> >back or something? I think you may also find the software/driver could be 
> >different? 
> >
> 
> In other words,  it's not going to happen.  Not that you couldn't
> "trim out" the clearance for the tray.  But it sure sounds like it's
> not worth the effort.  As the OP, I officially throw up my hands and
> give up.
> 
> 
That doesn't sound like the Iron Lady :-)
This is probably the longest thread on cd printing for Canons
http://stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=36631&forum_id=40&page=
1
watch possible wrapping.
0
colinco
2/13/2005 6:35:07 PM
On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 07:35:07 +1300, colinco <colincomma@yawhoo.com>
wrote:

>In article Lady Margeret Thatcher says...
>> >This doesn't help you a great deal, but I do remember reading in another 
>> >forum a while ago that someone had investigated this, and that getting the 
>> >extra CD tray was not enough. The CD tray slot has also been blocked at the 
>> >back or something? I think you may also find the software/driver could be 
>> >different? 
>> >
>> 
>> In other words,  it's not going to happen.  Not that you couldn't
>> "trim out" the clearance for the tray.  But it sure sounds like it's
>> not worth the effort.  As the OP, I officially throw up my hands and
>> give up.
>> 
>> 
>That doesn't sound like the Iron Lady :-)

Well, didn't't the Iron Lady leave office after some period of time?
And did she win every single vote in Parliament?

>This is probably the longest thread on cd printing for Canons
>http://stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=36631&forum_id=40&page=
>1
>watch possible wrapping.

I sure wish I had found that thread before starting this one.  
0
Lady
2/14/2005 2:35:44 AM
"Lady Margeret Thatcher" <Was_at_10_Downing_Street@bad_for_the_UK.org> wrote 
in message news:8h3011drcsn0i4pfcb4gbdduoo30cs1gti@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 07:35:07 +1300, colinco <colincomma@yawhoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>>In article Lady Margeret Thatcher says...
>>> >This doesn't help you a great deal, but I do remember reading in 
>>> >another
>>> >forum a while ago that someone had investigated this, and that getting 
>>> >the
>>> >extra CD tray was not enough. The CD tray slot has also been blocked at 
>>> >the
>>> >back or something? I think you may also find the software/driver could 
>>> >be
>>> >different?
>>> >
>>>
>>> In other words,  it's not going to happen.  Not that you couldn't
>>> "trim out" the clearance for the tray.  But it sure sounds like it's
>>> not worth the effort.  As the OP, I officially throw up my hands and
>>> give up.
>>>
>>>
>>That doesn't sound like the Iron Lady :-)
>
> Well, didn't't the Iron Lady leave office after some period of time?
> And did she win every single vote in Parliament?
>
>>This is probably the longest thread on cd printing for Canons
>>http://stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=36631&forum_id=40&page=
>>1
>>watch possible wrapping.
>
> I sure wish I had found that thread before starting this one.

Sorry - to be honest I remember reading this some time ago - just couldn't 
remember the details or where! 


0
Caitlin
2/14/2005 7:49:09 AM
Have checked with Claudia at Canon Tech support today. A UK iP4000 will work
in the USA if you purchase the correct plug adapter. The printer is
multi-voltage.

Regards
Stick
"Caitlin" <caitlin_online_spamtrap@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:4210599e$0$27870$61c65585@un-2park-reader-01.sydney.pipenetworks.com.au...
>
> "Lady Margeret Thatcher" <Was_at_10_Downing_Street@bad_for_the_UK.org>
wrote
> in message news:8h3011drcsn0i4pfcb4gbdduoo30cs1gti@4ax.com...
> > On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 07:35:07 +1300, colinco <colincomma@yawhoo.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>In article Lady Margeret Thatcher says...
> >>> >This doesn't help you a great deal, but I do remember reading in
> >>> >another
> >>> >forum a while ago that someone had investigated this, and that
getting
> >>> >the
> >>> >extra CD tray was not enough. The CD tray slot has also been blocked
at
> >>> >the
> >>> >back or something? I think you may also find the software/driver
could
> >>> >be
> >>> >different?
> >>> >
> >>>
> >>> In other words,  it's not going to happen.  Not that you couldn't
> >>> "trim out" the clearance for the tray.  But it sure sounds like it's
> >>> not worth the effort.  As the OP, I officially throw up my hands and
> >>> give up.
> >>>
> >>>
> >>That doesn't sound like the Iron Lady :-)
> >
> > Well, didn't't the Iron Lady leave office after some period of time?
> > And did she win every single vote in Parliament?
> >
> >>This is probably the longest thread on cd printing for Canons
> >>http://stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=36631&forum_id=40&page=
> >>1
> >>watch possible wrapping.
> >
> > I sure wish I had found that thread before starting this one.
>
> Sorry - to be honest I remember reading this some time ago - just couldn't
> remember the details or where!
>
>


0
Cartridgeworld
2/14/2005 11:55:10 AM
Have checked with Claudio at Canon Tech support today.
She confirmed that a UK iP4000 will work in the USA with a plug adapter. The
printer is Multi-Voltage format.
Regards
Stick
"Lady Margeret Thatcher" <Was_at_10_Downing_Street@bad_for_the_UK.org> wrote
in message news:8h3011drcsn0i4pfcb4gbdduoo30cs1gti@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 07:35:07 +1300, colinco <colincomma@yawhoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >In article Lady Margeret Thatcher says...
> >> >This doesn't help you a great deal, but I do remember reading in
another
> >> >forum a while ago that someone had investigated this, and that getting
the
> >> >extra CD tray was not enough. The CD tray slot has also been blocked
at the
> >> >back or something? I think you may also find the software/driver could
be
> >> >different?
> >> >
> >>
> >> In other words,  it's not going to happen.  Not that you couldn't
> >> "trim out" the clearance for the tray.  But it sure sounds like it's
> >> not worth the effort.  As the OP, I officially throw up my hands and
> >> give up.
> >>
> >>
> >That doesn't sound like the Iron Lady :-)
>
> Well, didn't't the Iron Lady leave office after some period of time?
> And did she win every single vote in Parliament?
>
> >This is probably the longest thread on cd printing for Canons
> >http://stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=36631&forum_id=40&page=
> >1
> >watch possible wrapping.
>
> I sure wish I had found that thread before starting this one.


0
Cartridgeworld
2/14/2005 12:01:53 PM
On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:55:10 +0000 (UTC), "Cartridgeworld \(Oxford\)"
<cwoxford@cartridgeworld.org> wrote:

>Have checked with Claudia at Canon Tech support today. A UK iP4000 will work
>in the USA if you purchase the correct plug adapter. The printer is
>multi-voltage.

Best news I've had all week.  :)

Maggie.


>
>Regards
>Stick
>"Caitlin" <caitlin_online_spamtrap@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>news:4210599e$0$27870$61c65585@un-2park-reader-01.sydney.pipenetworks.com.au...
>>
>> "Lady Margeret Thatcher" <Was_at_10_Downing_Street@bad_for_the_UK.org>
>wrote
>> in message news:8h3011drcsn0i4pfcb4gbdduoo30cs1gti@4ax.com...
>> > On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 07:35:07 +1300, colinco <colincomma@yawhoo.com>
>> > wrote:
>> >
>> >>In article Lady Margeret Thatcher says...
>> >>> >This doesn't help you a great deal, but I do remember reading in
>> >>> >another
>> >>> >forum a while ago that someone had investigated this, and that
>getting
>> >>> >the
>> >>> >extra CD tray was not enough. The CD tray slot has also been blocked
>at
>> >>> >the
>> >>> >back or something? I think you may also find the software/driver
>could
>> >>> >be
>> >>> >different?
>> >>> >
>> >>>
>> >>> In other words,  it's not going to happen.  Not that you couldn't
>> >>> "trim out" the clearance for the tray.  But it sure sounds like it's
>> >>> not worth the effort.  As the OP, I officially throw up my hands and
>> >>> give up.
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >>That doesn't sound like the Iron Lady :-)
>> >
>> > Well, didn't't the Iron Lady leave office after some period of time?
>> > And did she win every single vote in Parliament?
>> >
>> >>This is probably the longest thread on cd printing for Canons
>> >>http://stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=36631&forum_id=40&page=
>> >>1
>> >>watch possible wrapping.
>> >
>> > I sure wish I had found that thread before starting this one.
>>
>> Sorry - to be honest I remember reading this some time ago - just couldn't
>> remember the details or where!
>>
>>
>

0
Lady
2/15/2005 6:55:20 AM
On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 15:04:59 -0800, Lady Margeret Thatcher
<Was_at_10_Downing_Street@bad_for_the_UK.org> wrote:

>On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 21:14:29 +1100, "Caitlin"
><caitlin_online_spamtrap@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>
>>"Stick Stickus" <dclincattiscalidotcodotuk> wrote in message 
>>news:420da914$1_1@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...
>>> Having spoken to Canon UK they told me that they will work in Europe with 
>>> an a plug adapter. I will check today with canon regarding working in the 
>>> USA.
>>
>>Well that's no great surprise - all of Europe is 240v. It's no reason to 
>>think it will work in the US on the 110v system. In fact I'll be very 
>>surprised if the IP printers have multi voltage as an unspecified feature! 
>
>As the OP on this topic, I've pretty much resigned myself to not
>buying a printer from a non-US source.  The issue of 240 vs. 110 volt
>mains is a serious one.  Also, there is the issue of "localization,"
>since standard paper sizes are different between the US and much of
>the rest of the world.

Have a look at an electrical store. Here (in Hong Kong) voltage
adapters are a cheap generic item. And I'm told that many US houses
actually have 220V circuits (as well as 110V) available, for
heavy-duty items like air conditioners, heaters, etc. 

As for paper size, lasers may have different A4 and Letter trays, but
inkjets mostly have a "universal" one with an adjustable paperguide.
But even so, is A4 paper not on sale in the US?

0
Alan
2/17/2005 4:49:23 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

US: you are either with us or against us
I guess that's true. I don't join the Borg. ...

Coupon-Ink for your Printer
<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Ink for your Printer</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=#ffffff> <P align=center><A href="http://www.dq09.net/hs/?s=60692243&l=2171"></P> <DIV align=center> <CENTER> <TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="0" border=3> <TBODY> <TR> <TD width="100%"> <P align=center><A href="http://www.dq09.net/hs/?s=60692243&l=2171"> <IMG src="http://www.printp...

why no cd printing capability for canon printers in the us?
even epson now providing cd printing tray for the new printers. will canon follow? On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:43:16 GMT, "leo" <someone@somewhere.net> wrote: >even epson now providing cd printing tray for the new printers. will canon >follow? > If you read back earlier today, someone claimed Canon had no intention of obtaining US rights for CD printing. As far as I can tell it is patent issues preventing Canon CD printers, not anything to do with the RIAA or MPAA. In article <7o9i30p458dfs8u6rb570vqnfgkl0jed6i@4ax.com>, classicsat@yahoo.cominval...

Coupon-Ink for your Printer
<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Ink for your Printer</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=#ffffff> <P align=center><A href="http://www.dq09.net/hs/?s=60692243&l=2268"></P> <DIV align=center> <CENTER> <TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="0" border=3> <TBODY> <TR> <TD width="100%"> <P align=center><A href="http://www.dq09.net/hs/?s=60692243&l=2268"> <IMG src="http://www.printp...

Can You Use those 7-Series Canon Cartridges in Printers Sold in the US?
In Japan, Canon sells the "Pixus" line of inkjets that looks the same on the outside as their American versions. For instance, the Pixus iP3100 looks like the iP3000, while the iP4100 looks like the iP4000. Of course, the 7-series ink is not even available here, but I was just wondering anyway. Are the cartridges interchangeable between the siblings? Thanks. ...

More printer issues Canon and Zerox printers
I am migrating printers from a legacy Solaris 2.6 environment to a Solaris 10 zone, maybe you can help me figure this out. I have the configuraztion on the solaris 2.6 system, I need to know how to deploy it on solaris 10. # lpstat -p lp4x1se -l printer lp4x1se is idle. enabled since Sep 15 10:10 2010. available. Remote Name: lp4x1se Remote Server: lp4x1se # I cannot telnet to the remote server, it says connection refused. Please tell me what to do next. On 09/16/10 10:53 AM, Andy Neirman wrote: > I am migrating printers from a legacy Solaris 2.6 environment t...

HP printer vs. Canon printer
I need to replace my Epson Stylus Photo 825 as one of the print nozzles is permanently clogged! I have been looking at both HP and Canon printers, more specifically HP 7550 & Canon Pixma ip6700. Has anyone had any experience with either printer, good or bad? I need a printer that will do everything from print invoices, newsletters to photos. Photos do not have to be gallery quality, but good enough for a newsletter. Also, in comparison, which brand has better prices on ink? Is one brand of ink better than another (assuming I would use the same brand of paper) in relation t...

Canon i860 Photo Printer compared to Canon MP360 Printer/Scanner/Copier
I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi. Plus they are about the same price on newegg.com. Are there any features that the i860 has that the MP360 doesn't? Otherwise why not get the MP360 and get a scanner too. any info would be appreciated...

How to store canon printer?
Hi I have a canon ip 4600 that I have just setup and tested to make sure it is working, printed 2 pages & 2 CDs Now I want to store it as my current printer is still working fine Do I have to clean the print head ? -- Martin ���� <Martin ���� @nohere.net> wrote in message news:4au565l57lh08pccm1jdo1btso611q4ojm@4ax.com... > I have a canon ip 4600 that I have just setup and tested to make sure > it is working, printed 2 pages & 2 CDs > Now I want to store it as my current printer is still working fine > > Do I have to clean the print head ? P...

Printer Drivers for Printer Canon Pixma iP1500
I recently bought this printer, but I can't find any driver for it. I have Fedora Core 3. Can anybody help me? If possible, of course. Kaotik wrote: > I recently bought this printer, but I can't find any driver for it. I > have Fedora Core 3. Can anybody help me? If possible, of course. Hi! It might be unrelated but I purchased a Canon Pixma ip3000 and found an article that suggested using the Canon bjc 7000 driver and tried it although it wont give me full features it does allow me to print using an otherwise large paper weight give it a go might work. ...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer
Hi All I've been working on my Canon Cat to get it so I can print to a HP printer. I've gotten the basics to work. For anyone interested, you can find some notes I have on the tForth in the Cat and my HP driver. The notes and things are on: www.digibarn.com The current listing has a couple of typos that I hope to get fixed but they are not hard to find. One is in the definition of HPdocbreak. It has #S intead of #s ( this tForth is case sensitive ). The other is in the final definition that connects the HP driver. The definition is: : HP ['] HPsetup exa setup' ; And sho...

Printer Ink
Printer Ink - Pictures and Diagrams of Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill - Hi, I am working on a new Website, www.Printer-Ink.biz, for information on Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill. I already have some information about Printer Ink on the website - www.Printer-Ink.biz; what I am looking for is pictures and diagrams of how printer ink, printer ink cartridge and printer ink refill work for the www.Printer-ink.biz website. Specifically, I am looking for good pictures of printer ink, printer ink cartridge, or printer refi...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?
Hi, A long time ago (RO 3.1), I sometimes used the printer:$ window (IIRC) to directly send a specific sequence of bytes to a printer. Lately, I wanted to do the same thing under RISC OS 3.7 and printers 1.53. However *filer_opendir printer:$ gives: ��#:devices#buffer3:$.Parallel$ - the name was not recognised The error is also displayed when I click CTRL-Print in Zap *Show print* gives: PrintDefs$Dir : ADFS::HardDisc4.$.Apps.Printers16.!Boot.Resources.!PrintDefs PrintDefs$Path : ADFS::HardDisc4.$.Apps.Printers16.!Boot.Resources.!PrintDefs.Printers. Printer$ : PoScript2 Printer$Path : AD...

change printer in report pro to non default printer
Whenever i change my printer to a not default, it will at the end print to the default. Am i missing something? oReport := RpReport{ oSELF:owner,m->reportpath+ 'labels.rpt',,{{'labels',ofile, , ,,,nil}}} oReport:Connect2Source() oprinter:= PtrDevice{oself, oReport} if !oprinter:SetPrinterByName(clabelprinter) return false endif if oprinter:ShowPrintDlg() // label printer is selected here endif ..... oReport:Print(cJobName,cPrint2Filename,cCaption,CMessage) // prints to default printer?? Thx, Geert oReport := ...

IP printer will not appear in Printer Model list
HP Deskjet 840C is attached to Netgear FWG114P print server. Works fine for Windows systems on the network. Cannot add it to OS 10.3 printer list. I've installed all the HP printer drivers from the OS X installation CD. And I've downloaded the latest driver from HP. Neither fixed the problem. "Deskjet 840" never appears in Printer Setup Utility > Add > IP Printing. Also tried the "hp IP Printing" option but it doesn't "discover" the printer at 192.168.0.1 OS X is quite happy with the network. But it can't use the printer,...

how to distinguish between printer and printer
I would like to know how to distinguish between a Program Printer such as 'Acrobat PDFWriter' and a Hardware Printer such as HP's one and a Network Printer. Would it be possible to distiguish each of 'Acrobat PDFWriter', 'HP desKjet', shared printer(which the port is started with '\\'), and a printer(using tcp/ip port) through printer server, if they are installed on a PC. Now I'm trying to get the printer information with "EnumPrinter()", but it's not easy to get known how different. ...

US- NJ Printer technician
Printer technician needed in the central NJ area. Experence with HP and Lexmark Laser printers. Send resume to hprepair@yahoo.com Attn: Jaun ...

No printer model for Canon in Tiger Printer Setup Utility
I have successfully set up remote printing from my OS X 10.4 Tiger laptop to my Canon S750 printer connected to my Win XP home PC. I can print across the network, through the XP box and all the way to the printer - but nothing emerges. I suspect that my problem is the lack of any Canon printer models to choose from in the Printer Setup Utility on the OS X laptop. When I open the Printer Setup Utility and click on the "More Printers ..." button, I can navigate through the workgroup to the XP box and to the Shared printer without any problems. In the Printer Model pulldown, ...

Address-Printer (?retrofit) (direct-printers) (marking printers)
Any clues on printers that print addresses directly on brochures? Also seek possible retrofit of existing dot-matrix printers to handle "flats" (no more than 20pg glossy brochures). where to buy refurbished? pls cc email - = - Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- ...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)
Posted on Ebay, item# 330331170291. Goto www.ebay.com & enter this item# 330331170291 into search window (or item# window); BUY NOW OPTION is AVAILABLE, i.e. NO need to wait for Auction ending. Do NOT reply on Newsgroups (I just posted here, but may not read) - instead contact via Ebay (best) or Email; if you insist on emailing and see "NOJUNK" strings in my address (or something to that effect) - REMOVE THEM before hitting send! (these are sometimes added to prevent SPAM, i.e. people who "harvest" addresses off Newsgroups). My Ebay feedback is 100% positive...

FS: PORTABLE CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)
Posted on Ebay, item# 330331170291. Goto www.ebay.com & enter this item# 330331170291 into search window (or item# window); BUY NOW OPTION is AVAILABLE, i.e. NO need to wait for Auction ending. Do NOT reply on Newsgroups (I just posted here, but will NOT read) - instead contact via Ebay (best) or Email. My Ebay feedback is 100% positive, not to mention 13 YEARS of Newsgroups trading without complains, and it's best to deal via Ebay though will respond to regular email also. Please read description there, but a few facts are copied here: 1) NEW (sealed) Canon cartridges for their p...

US Adapter for UK printer/scanner
Hello, I have a Konica Minolta laser printer and Epson 1260 scanner which were both purchased in the UK. Does anyone know whether it is possible to get a power cable/adapter which will enable these appliances to work in the US? Thanks, SS It is VERY possible that they will work directly, with only a new power cord or a plug .... check the voltage ratings on the printer & scanner (or the power adapters if they use an external power adapter). Otherwise, you need a 110 to 220 transformer. Silicon Strawberry wrote: > Hello, > > I have a Konica Minolta ...

"Photo" printers cheaper than "non-photo" printers?
I'm looking for a "non-photo" printer and from what I'm seeing, for the most part, non photo printers are more expensive than photo printers. Why? Monica "Monica" <nospam@guess.com> wrote in message news:akiee.15829$yV4.6261@okepread03... > I'm looking for a "non-photo" printer and from what I'm seeing, for the most > part, non photo printers are more expensive than photo printers. Why? I'm doing the same because I already have an Epson 2100 for printing photos. I think the reason for this strange price difference is because they are aimed at office use rather than home use. Check the "duty cycle" figures in the specs. This is the number of pages per month the printer is designed to handle (a measure of how rugged it is). Monica wrote: >I'm looking for a "non-photo" printer and from what I'm seeing, for the most >part, non photo printers are more expensive than photo printers. Why? >Monica > > Because they are usually business printers and made for speed with reasonable quality. The HP 1200 is one of the models out there. > > > There are a few reasons non-photo printers are more costly at original acquisition. 1) as mentioned they are usually designed for more durability, ease of use, etc, because they will be moving a LOT more paper through them. Most of the printing will be text or small gr...

[OT] The US Army vs an HP Printer
Mr Brandt - I thought it was funny. Don't be daunted by some of the hypersensitivity= junkies here. * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Web resources about - Non-US store that will ship a Canon printer to US? - comp.periphs.printers

Game Boy Printer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Game Boy Printer is compatible with all the Game Boy systems except the Game Boy Micro , and is designed to be used in conjunction with the ...

Loving the new job. Fleet master for 30 printers(strong possib... - Facebook
Facebook is a social utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study and live around them. People use Facebook to keep ...

IC3D Printers (@IC3D_Printers) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here IC3D Printers @ IC3D_Printers ...

Thread: Are there any wireless laser printers that work?
I got a Brother printer a few years back on the recommendation of a friend, and it's been a wonderful printer. Fast and trouble-free. As someone ...

App Store - ACTPrinter - Virtual Printer for iPhone / iPad
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about ACTPrinter - Virtual Printer for iPhone / iPad on the App Store. Download ...

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Oliver Quinlan's photos on Flickr. Oliver Quinlan has uploaded 1006 photos to Flickr.


Can you really get a solid all-in-one printer, copier and scanner for just $90?
... Deals team's advice. And in this case, we're going to help you upgrade to the Epson WorkForce WF-3620 WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, ...

Engineering students invented a 'pancake printer' that takes breakfast to the next level
It's Pancake Day! And what better way to celebrate than with the modern marvel that is this machine that will create pancakes in any shape you ...

How 3D printers are changing plastic surgery
The new technology is allowing patients to see a preview of their new faces before going under the knife

Resources last updated: 2/20/2016 10:53:12 AM