Opinions: HP 5150 vs. HP 5650

There is a $50 difference between the HP 5150 and the HP 5650, but all I can
determine is that the 5650 is a bit faster, 22 ppm vs. 19 ppm (black ink),
plus you have the option to connect the 5650 with a parallel cable or a USB
cable vs. no parallel option for the 5150. Can someone delineate the
differences that would justify the extra $50? I don't know that I always
NEED the best but I want my purchase to be worthwhile, so I'd like to
believe the more expensive model would be the better choice. Feel free to
disabuse me of that notion.

I'm choosing HP because my DeskJet 882C has performed quite well for the
past 4 1/2 years and I have no complaints.

Thank you.

Marjie

0
Marjorie

Input on HP 5150, HP 5550, or HP 5650 inkjet printers
Hi everyone, I'm trying to decide between buying the Hewlett Packard 5150, 5550 or 5650 inkjet printer. I'm going to be using the printer mainly for text, but will also be printing documents containing text and graphics/photos, so the quality of print is important to me Does anyone have any feedback on experiences they've had with any of these printers? Thanks, Joanne My results with the 5550 & HP papers are excellent. ===================================== "Joanne" <jnonkoh@DONTSPAMrogers.com> wrote in message news:N_0ib.284895$Lnr1.182933@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > Hi everyone, > > I'm trying to decide between buying the Hewlett Packard 5150, 5550 or 5650 > inkjet printer. I'm going to be using the printer mainly for text, but will > also be printing documents containing text and graphics/photos, so the > quality of print is important to me Does anyone have any feedback on > experiences they've had with any of these printers? > > Thanks, > > Joanne > > 5650 way to go fastest of the 3 for black text also is more compacat than the 5550 "Graham" <rogerscom@rogers.com> wrote in message news:eE1ib.285238$Lnr1.275758@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > My results with the 5550 & HP papers are excellent. > ===================================== > "Joanne" <jnonkoh@DONTSPAMrogers.com> wro...

Opinions sought on Laptops, specifically HP 6730b vs HP DV5T
I have a question that's not easily answered by looking at specs, is the cooling the same in the HP 6730b and the HP DV5T? They are very similar, they both are available with the 9400 processor and the Intel 4500 graphics chip, but one is a "business" laptop and one is a "consumer" laptop. What I want to know is if they are really the same laptop and if they can handle running at least one core flat out. My current laptop is an old Compaq R3000z (first gen AMD64) that requires that I set the CPU speed governor down to it's middle clock rate when I run Verilog...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

HP 2605 vs HP 3600
I'm looking for a color laser printer with a small footprint (compared to my old HP 4600). I've seen recommendations here for the HP 2605dn, which is sold in the local office supply store. The same store also has the HP 3600n. This printer has larger-capacity toner cartridges and has postscript driver support for older Macintosh computers. I also looked at an Okidata C5800 in another store, but worry that cartridges and service parts may not be as widely available. I don't think it has postscript either. I would appreciate any comments about good points/bad ...

HP 17BII+ vs HP 20b
what are the differences? The 17B is twice the price. On Oct 8, 3:14=A0pm, Steve Schow <dewdma...@gmail.com> wrote: > what are the differences? =A0The 17B is twice the price. Check out Eric Rechlin's excellent website hpcalc.org: 17bII+ http://commerce.hpcalc.org/17biip.php 20b http://commerce.hpcalc.org/20b.php S.C. ...

HP 6940 vs HP 6980
With the exception of the wireless feature of the HP 6980, is the funcionality of these two printers basically the same? Thanks, Dave C. "Dave C." <myaddress@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ZIWdnR8Kwomb2PrbnZ2dnUVZ_qemnZ2d@comcast.com... > With the exception of the wireless feature of the HP 6980, is the > funcionality of these two printers basically the same? Yes, they have the same print engine and have the same features and spec's. You might also want to take a look at the DeskJet 6940DT and 6980DT models. These are the same printer as...

HP 48GII vs. HP 49G+
I'm looking into buying either one of these calculators. I was wondering if getting the 49G+ is worth paying an extra 40 dollars for? I know that the 49 has a bigger display and is faster, but other than that what is different? I don't know much about calculators, and I used a TI 83 for highschool. But my brother convinced me to get a HP. I got a 48GX for christmas but the screen broke 2-3 months after that, and now I am borrowing my other brothers TI 85. thanks russ In <16bd5fef.0309181846.166df546@posting.google.com> Russ wrote: > I'm looking into buying either one...

Lexmark vs Hp vs Kyocera laser printers
Hi, I am interested in buying a laser printer probably second hand. So i need a printer which is robust and won't need its fuser, drum etc changing after 100000 prints. Also i need low cost per print, i know kyocera is the lowest cost per print but after 300000 prints it is useless and need to throw them in the bin. I need a print which you can obtain cheap parts and cheap toner. Any help would be helpful Thanks shah On 18 Aug 2004 16:51:41 -0700, ali78600@hotmail.com (shah) dijo: >I am interested in buying a laser printer probably second hand. So i >need a printer which is robust and won't need its fuser, drum etc >changing after 100000 prints. Also i need low cost per print, i know >kyocera is the lowest cost per print but after 300000 prints it is >useless and need to throw them in the bin. I need a print which you >can obtain cheap parts and cheap toner. >Any help would be helpful Canon WX engine printers, sold by HP as 5Si, 5Si Mopier, and 8000 (various options for all of the above). They're heavy beasts, but impossible to destroy. Cost for toner is about 25 hundredths of a cent per page, if you buy remans on eBay. Need a maintenance kit every 350,000 prints. Maintenance kits include new rollers, fuser, transfer roller. Cost about $100 on eBay. I have several of these printers, some with many millions of impressions on them, and still going strong. -- Bogus e-mail address, but I read this newsgroup regu...

HP 5150 printer
Has anyone tried this using this printer with the hpijs driver? There is no information available at any of the usual sources of such information. Bob T. begin On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 20:14:51 +0000, Bob Tennent wrote: > Has anyone tried this using this printer with the hpijs driver? There is > no information available at any of the usual sources of such > information. Hmmm............... http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/documentIndex.jhtml?reg=&cc=&lc=en&prodId=hpdeskjet5304431&pagetype=faq&cat=faq&docparent=faq hp deskjet 5150 printer (e.g. deskjet 990cse) Tr...

HP 960 C Deskjet printer
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not hel...

Astech Hardcase for HP 32SII, HP 42S, HP 22S, HP 32S, HP 17BII, PIONEER SERIES
Just got some brand new Astech Industries hardcases. Email iqbal@tstt.net.tt for further information. Ideal hardcase for protecting your pioneer series calculator. ...

HP-49G, HP-49G+, HP-42S
Hmm.... Back when I was an engineering undergrad (1989) I purchased an HP-42S calculator. That calculator quickly became indispensible to me. Without it all my engineering homework and exams would have been much harder. To this day I still use it as my primary calculator. With the leather carrying case I purchased for it back then the calculator has remained in pristine condition save for a little dust now and then. I decided about a year ago to purchase the HP-49G because I honestly thought that HP was getting out of the calculator business forever and it had been over ten years since ...

Lexmark vs Hp vs Kyocera laser printers #2
Hi, I am interested in buying a laser printer probably second hand. So i need a printer which is robust and won't need its fuser, drum etc changing after 100000 prints. Also i need low cost per print, i know kyocera is the lowest cost per print but after 300000 prints it is useless and need to throw them in the bin. I need a print which you can obtain cheap parts and cheap toner. Any help would be helpful Thanks shah ...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G Pinout Question...
Hi there, Can anyone please tell me if the HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G (not G+) have the same pinout? Also do they all use the same ten pin double row connector, 2mm headers? Also if yes above, do any other HP calculators have the same pinouts as above? Thanx. Therese wrote: > Can anyone please tell me if the HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G (not G+) > have the same pinout? Also do they all use the same ten pin double row > connector, 2mm headers? I know these calculators have the same hardware (apart from memory), then they have the same pinout. I know at least ...

Lexmark vs Hp vs Kyocera laser printers #3
Hi, I am interested in buying a laser printer probably second hand. So i need a printer which is robust and won't need its fuser, drum etc changing after 100000 prints. Also i need low cost per print, i know kyocera is the lowest cost per print but after 300000 prints it is useless and need to throw them in the bin. I need a print which you can obtain cheap parts and cheap toner. Any help would be helpful Thanks shah ...

HP 5150 vs. Epson C84 vs. Canon i560
They are all about $100. 1. Which offers best print quality? 2. Which is the least likely to clog from infrequent use? 3. Which is cheapest to operate with factory ink? 4. Which is most refill friendly? "davefr" <nospam@net.com> wrote in message news:iom4uv0pc8fmjihk7qd2h98tjise6vnib8@4ax.com... > They are all about $100. > > 1. Which offers best print quality? I'd give this to the HP 5150. > 2. Which is the least likely to clog from infrequent use? HP 5150. > 3. Which is cheapest to operate with factory ink? Canon i560/Epson C84 > 4. Which is most refill friendly? Don't know. I refuse to refill after the mess with my other cartridge. Epson and Canon cartridges are cheap enough. HP cartridges can be bought at a decent price from Costco. On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 05:35:53 GMT, "xNokia3390x" <ofc2-ivom@spamex.com> wrote: >"davefr" <nospam@net.com> wrote in message >news:iom4uv0pc8fmjihk7qd2h98tjise6vnib8@4ax.com... >> They are all about $100. >> >> 1. Which offers best print quality? > >I'd give this to the HP 5150. > >> 2. Which is the least likely to clog from infrequent use? > >HP 5150. > >> 3. Which is cheapest to operate with factory ink? > >Canon i560/Epson C84 > I think canon has a slight to noticeable edge on price. >> 4. Which is most refill friendly? >...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

HP IIIP Printer / compared to / HP 2300 ??
I have a small office in connection with my business. I have used Hewlett Packard IIIP for about 12 years. It delivers a beautiful print, but is worn out, and is really slow. I bought a brand new HP 2300, which is a good, small printer, ideal for business use. Here is my problem: While the print quality of the new printer is very nice and high-quality laser print, I just simply cannot get the same "bold", deep , almost-saturated print look that I had with my IIIP. At first, I thought that I just needed to adjust the density menu setting, and/or the resolution settin...

new hp pcl printers not compat with hp?
we have few hp1200, hp1015 and hp1160 printers working with dos app/pcl dos app prepares pcl font, sends it to the printer, and later sends page by page of clear text, it works nice with old printers new hp2014 is also very nice lpt pcl5 printer, but it has strange timeout if next page is not sent inside few seconds interval, printer resets previously downloaded fonts to default font, so successive pages became useless is there some pjl setting to remove this timeout [i've already seen few posts people canceled their new hp printer purchase by the reason they are not compatible with old pcl5 style] any suggestion? Have you tried PCL <Esc>*c5F command to designate the just downloaded font as 'permanent'? Just a thought... =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D On Mar 19, 1:28=A0pm, "sali" <s...@euroherc.hr> wrote: > =A0 =A0 =A0 we have few hp1200, hp1015 and hp1160 printers working with do= s > app/pcl > =A0 =A0 =A0 dos app prepares pcl font, sends it to the printer, and later = sends > page by page of clear text, it works nice with old printers > =A0 =A0 =A0 new hp2014 is also very nice lpt pcl5 printer, but it has stra= nge > timeout > =A0 =A0 =A0 if next page is not sent inside few seconds interval, printer = resets > previously ...

HP Photo Printers and HP 7410 Cartridges
Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? Yes You get far more natural colors skin tones the #58 is well worth it "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... > Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between > the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > "John" <john.boyzo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:cojvlf$o5f$1@possum.melbpc.org.au... > "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message > news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... >> Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between >> the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > Yes > You get far more natural colors skin tones > the #58 is well worth it The Officejet 7410 uses a new series of cartridges. In the US the photo cartridge is a #99, and it replaces the black cartridge and works with the color cartridge. The #58 cartridge is not compatible with the Officejet 7410. The photo cartridge gives somewhat better graduations of tones, especially in light areas such as sky or faces. Regards, Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP ...

Web resources about - Opinions: HP 5150 vs. HP 5650 - comp.periphs.printers