Pixma 5000 and Surething

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Sleeperman I have just discovered what is going wrong..thanks to your advice
as to use print preview before printing..
The measurements that I am using for the Pixma Template are being read as
the template being upside down...ie..The Top measurement with my CD Tray is
the right one for the distance from the bottom...if you get my drift!!
Is there a fix???
TX

0
Reply fay10 1/2/2005 9:45:15 AM

See related articles to this posting

Flip template in page setup

"fay10" <faye10@slingshot.co.nz> wrote in message
> Sleeperman I have just discovered what is going wrong..thanks to your
> advice
> as to use print preview before printing..
> The measurements that I am using for the Pixma Template are being read as
> the template being upside down...ie..The Top measurement with my CD Tray
> is
> the right one for the distance from the bottom...if you get my drift!!
> Is there a fix???
> TX

0
Reply Guy 1/2/2005 10:49:51 AM

fay10 wrote:
> Sleeperman I have just discovered what is going wrong..thanks to your
> advice as to use print preview before printing..
> The measurements that I am using for the Pixma Template are being
> read as the template being upside down...ie..The Top measurement with
> my CD Tray is the right one for the distance from the bottom...if you
> get my drift!!
> Is there a fix???
> TX

AS guy told--- open page setup and there's an option "Flip design" - if
template is 180 deg turned.
But...funny...so CDR tray for ip5000 is turned around? Did you use my
template or did you make it by yourself?
Since Guy told that template works fine...i'd like to know. In general, when
you see print preview, CD must be in lower part of paper, not upper. And
paper should be portrait, not landscape...?

0
Reply SleeperMan 1/2/2005 3:00:47 PM

Matey when I flip the Template it does not turn 180% In fact it just makes
the C.D position a little different
I am in fact wondering if the Tray for the 5000 is the same as the 4000???
my cast mark is QC1-4249>ABS<T2-1 AND MEASURES APPROX ..9.5 INCHES X5.1/8...
SOME OF YOUR TEMPLATES ALSO DO NOT OPEN IN MY SURETHING WHICH IS THE 4.0
VERSION..
However the Template made by Surething for the Canon i865 Does??
I am baffled..??????
Cheers anyway Sleeper,,

"SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in message
> fay10 wrote:
> > Sleeperman I have just discovered what is going wrong..thanks to your
> > advice as to use print preview before printing..
> > The measurements that I am using for the Pixma Template are being
> > read as the template being upside down...ie..The Top measurement with
> > my CD Tray is the right one for the distance from the bottom...if you
> > get my drift!!
> > Is there a fix???
> > TX
>
> AS guy told--- open page setup and there's an option "Flip design" - if
> template is 180 deg turned.
> But...funny...so CDR tray for ip5000 is turned around? Did you use my
> template or did you make it by yourself?
> Since Guy told that template works fine...i'd like to know. In general,
when
> you see print preview, CD must be in lower part of paper, not upper. And
> paper should be portrait, not landscape...?

0
Reply fay10 1/3/2005 10:20:20 PM

My tray for the 4000 and the 5000 are the same number you are showing and
both printers print out spot on. I am using Surething latest upgrade 4.2
available from website.

Sorry this may not help but it eleiminates the tray problem.
> Matey when I flip the Template it does not turn 180% In fact it just makes
> the C.D position a little different
> I am in fact wondering if the Tray for the 5000 is the same as the 4000???
> my cast mark is QC1-4249>ABS<T2-1 AND MEASURES APPROX ..9.5 INCHES
> X5.1/8...
> SOME OF YOUR TEMPLATES ALSO DO NOT OPEN IN MY SURETHING WHICH IS THE 4.0
> VERSION..
> However the Template made by Surething for the Canon i865 Does??
> I am baffled..??????
> Cheers anyway Sleeper,,
>
> "SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in message
>> fay10 wrote:
>> > Sleeperman I have just discovered what is going wrong..thanks to your
>> > advice as to use print preview before printing..
>> > The measurements that I am using for the Pixma Template are being
>> > read as the template being upside down...ie..The Top measurement with
>> > my CD Tray is the right one for the distance from the bottom...if you
>> > get my drift!!
>> > Is there a fix???
>> > TX
>>
>> AS guy told--- open page setup and there's an option "Flip design" - if
>> template is 180 deg turned.
>> But...funny...so CDR tray for ip5000 is turned around? Did you use my
>> template or did you make it by yourself?
>> Since Guy told that template works fine...i'd like to know. In general,
> when
>> you see print preview, CD must be in lower part of paper, not upper. And
>> paper should be portrait, not landscape...?

0
Reply Guy 1/4/2005 7:49:42 AM

fay10 wrote:
> Matey when I flip the Template it does not turn 180% In fact it just
> makes the C.D position a little different
> I am in fact wondering if the Tray for the 5000 is the same as the
> 4000??? my cast mark is QC1-4249>ABS<T2-1 AND MEASURES APPROX ..9.5
> INCHES X5.1/8... SOME OF YOUR TEMPLATES ALSO DO NOT OPEN IN MY
> SURETHING WHICH IS THE 4.0 VERSION..
> However the Template made by Surething for the Canon i865 Does??
> I am baffled..??????
> Cheers anyway Sleeper,,

Maybe you should try to remove and re-install surething. If Guy says all is
ok, then it should be with your printer, too.
Also, when you open template, CD should be in lower part of template, so
when you flip it, it will be in upper part. If this is not the case, then
something is wrong with surething. Check out if you have latest version
(which is 4.2.0146)and upgrade if not.
OH...cast mark... EXACTLY same!

0
Reply SleeperMan 1/4/2005 4:50:55 PM
comp.periphs.printers 18113 articles. 1 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Pixma 5000
Hi Gang Think I may have stuffed up using the Pixma 4000 Template for Surething posted by Sleeper Man?? I am only printing half a label and the Template has no Hole in the Middle??(Inner Circle) Could the Sure Thing Program be reading an older version that I may have called Pixma and not the New Template for Surething???also is the Dick Tray the same dimensions for the 4000 Pixma and the 5000?? Please HEEEEEEEElp!! Kia Ora from New Zealand... fay10 wrote: > Hi Gang > Think I may have stuffed up using the Pixma 4000 Template for > Surething posted by Sleeper Man?? &g...

Canon Pixma 5000
Canon Compatible (9) Pack BCI-3eBk/BCI-6 (3BCI-3eBk / 2BCI-6C/2BCI-6M/2BCI-6Y) for Canon i560 etc Price:$75.00 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000C159LW Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000C159LW 10-Pack of Canon Compatible print Ink toner Cartridges:BC1-6 Black/Cyan/Magenta/Yellow Inkjet replacement Cartridges. Value Pack of 4 Black &amp; 2 Each Color for Canon BJC-8200 i 860 900D 9100 950 960 9900 iP4000 PIXMA iP 4000 4000R 5000 6000 6000D 8500 MP 750 760 780 S 800 820 820 820D 830 830D 900 9000, officepage etc printer Price:$45.99 Image: http://bestdeal...

Pixma 5000 #2
Sleeper man I still can,t use your Templates for Surething Deluxe with my Pixma 5000.. The Crazy thing is it shows the measurements to be back to front on my P5000 IE The C.D Tray being upside down.... The only plausible reason for this is that I am using Surething Version 4.00 which may be different... Another thing by the way....Your Templates don't have a STD File Extension when I down load them as the ones from Surethings Sits do??? Any Ideas????as I really want to use Surething Deluxe as a CD *DVD Labeling program?? Kia Ora and Cheers and Beers From New Zealand(New Zealand i...

Pixma 5000 #3
Hi I am having a Problem with my Pixma 5000 it wont print from the Larger Black Cart(BCI-3eBK) but only the smaller one BCI -6BK... If I set it to Glossy or Photo it will but its so so slow... Is there another way??? TX Printing text in the photo mode will use the dye photo black 6BK in up, as you found the print will be much slower Have you tried doing a cleaning cycle in the print maintenance windo if this doesn't work then try a deep clean for the black 3eBK tank, try printing a nozzle test after to check Dav ARE YOU AND HAVE YOU ALWAYS USED OEM INK? Natalie...

Pixma 5000 #4
Can one of you Spunks tell this poor Lil Kiwi Gal what a Purge Control Unit is in the Canon Pixmas Printhead?? I have heard of Blocked Tubes ,,but not this??Perhaps Major Spunk Measelkite may know?? "Natalie Marsden" <speedy00@paradise.net.nz> wrote: >Can one of you Spunks tell this poor Lil Kiwi Gal what a Purge Control Unit >is in the Canon Pixmas Printhead?? >I have heard of Blocked Tubes ,,but not this??Perhaps Major Spunk Measelkite >may know?? Natalie The purge unit is the device that accepts waste ink from the printhead and puts it nea...

Canon Pixma IP 5000
Hi Gang and Gooday from New Zealand, Can anyone tell me how you can use Sure Thing Label Design Software to work with the Pixma 5000 C.D Printing facility that we have on our Pixma 5000 Range down here in New Zealand..???? The Software that comes with the Canon is very basic and not a patch on Sure Thing??? Thanks in Advance and Seasons Greetings from the Bottom of the world fay10 wrote: > Hi Gang and Gooday from New Zealand, > Can anyone tell me how you can use Sure Thing Label Design Software > to work with the Pixma 5000 C.D Printing facility that we have on our >...

Maximum Paper Weight for Canon Pixma 5000 ?
Hi, I'm currently able to use a paper made in Thailand by IJ rated at 300 grams weight to produce very good quality results from my Pixma 5000. Just curious if anyone has done some experimentation to see how heavy a paper you can get through the Pixma 5000. Thanks for your response ! Orang37 Chiang Mai, Thailand ...

CD printing on US Pixma 3000, 4000, and 5000
http://pixma.cjb.net/ I just ran across this link on the Nifty-Stuff forum ( http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/ ) describing a simple modification of the US printers to print CD's directly. There have been lots of posts about this issue and I thought it would be of interest to anyone who wanted to try it. I can not attest to its reliability, but Steve's Forum has a good reputation. > There have been lots of posts about > this issue and I thought it would be of interest to anyone who wanted to try > it. I can not attest to its reliability, but Steve...

What's the purpose of different profile on PIXMA 5000
I find that there are different profile under PS's print preview setting page such as.. PIXMA PR1 PIXMA PR2 PIXMA PR3 PIXMA SR1 PIXMA SR2 PIXMA SR3.. what's there purpose and any official Canon PIXMA forum on the web? tikong wrote: > I find that there are different profile > under PS's print preview setting page such as.. > PIXMA PR1 > PIXMA PR2 > PIXMA PR3 > PIXMA SR1 > PIXMA SR2 > PIXMA SR3.. > > what's there purpose > > and any official Canon PIXMA forum on the web? I noticed the same thing for my i9950....

Help! Canon Pixma IP-5000 double sided printing
Hi, Hopefully someone here will be able to point me in the right direction. I recently purchased the Canon IP-5000 printer. I would like to print out a list of information 24 pages in length, Ideally I would like to print both sides at the same time, thus saving time and having to take the paper out and rotate it ie: page 1 on one side and page 2 on the other - at the same time. I was under the impression that the printer would allow me to do this, but cannot get it to do so. Did I missunderstand the statement: Amazingly advanced The compact PIXMA iP5000 printer packs mo...

Canon Pixma iP4000 & 5000 CD/DVD printing -In Canada
Can anyone comment -for certain- if the new Cannon Pixma line (4000/5000) is able to print directly on CD/DVD's? There seems to be quite a bit of uncertainty about this. Originally it seemed as though only UK models did, but now I've heard rumors that the North America versions can as well.... Anyone own one of these, and can say for sure? TIA, Bertrand I have both the ip3000 and ip4000...neither can print to CD. Frustrating because you can see where the CD tray would fit into it :-( Jeff H <bertrandr@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1098898862.559168.92...

Canon Pixma iP4500 vs Canon Pixma iP4600
Are these two the same printers except the 4600 being the next year's model of the 4500? Thanks RDOC wrote: > Are these two the same printers except the 4600 being the next year's > model of the 4500? Thanks > I think you will find them to be very similar. There is, however, one significant difference. The 4500 ink tanks are readily available from a range of suppliers as the chips on the ink tanks have been " cracked." If you buy the 4600 you are currently tied in to buying only genuine Canon replacement ink tanks. There is a significant price diff...

canon-pixma-ip1000 perbaiki-canon-ip-4000 resetter-pixma-ip-1000
sumber diambil dari http://printer-resetter.blogspot.com http://resettercanon.blogspot.com http://canonresetter.fortunebisnis.com canon-pixma-ip1000 perbaiki-canon-ip-4000 resetter-pixma-ip-1000 cache:odMImodLnt0J:www.canonresetter.fortunebisnis.com/service/ reset.html-reset-canon-i250 free-download-best-software-resetter- printer mereset-ip-1000 pixmaip1000 reset-printer free-download- software-canon-pixma-ip1000 panduan-servis-canon-ip1000 download- Resetter-Printer-Canon-Sekarang-Juga download-Resetter-Printer-Canon- Sekarang-Juga download-software-canon-pixma-iP100 canon-pixma-10...

100% Pass..!! CCNA=1200$,CCNP=3500$,CCSP=5000$,CCVP=5000$ Without Exams and Study(Pay After Check Results)
Need Not To Give Exams By Urself.!! Need Not To Study.!! Need Not To Go Anywhere.!! Need Not To Waste Money In Dumps.!! Need Not To Pay Anything In Advnace.!! Get All Certificaites At Ur Doorstep.!! Contacts ;- Examsathome@gmail.com ( yahoo messenger, Msn messenger,google talk messenger for chat facility able on same email id) We are the professionals in certification test and have built good relationship with dozens of international authorized testing centers (Pearson Vue and Thomson Prometric). You can get your certifications at home without taking the tests yourself, since we can pass va...

Corebuilder 5000
3Com Corebuilder 5000 This is a complete and working unit, and comprises of the following = modules: Corebuilder 5000 Chassis [6010C-AP]=20 3x 415w redundant PSU's [6000PS-HO]=20 2x ADM redundant Advanced Distribution Management modules [6000M-CMGT]=20 7x 10Base 24 Port 10Mb/s Ethernet Switch modules [6624M-TPL-A]=20 2x 100Base 4 Port 100Mb/s Fast Ethernet Switch modules [6604M-TX-A]=20 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3D3035832104 Happy Bidding! ...

the $5000 club
You only have to introduce 2 people and you could earn $5000 per month - I like those odds - do you Click here or paste URL into your address bar http://ez5000.com/cgi-bin/view.cgi/pn6602/index.html ...

Want $5000
www.lost.eu/73a6e All you have to do is sign up and get others to do the same. The game will end when it reaches 7 million players. Prizes will be awarded as follows: 1st - $5000 Top ten - $500 Most creative photograph - $500 Other prizes may be awarded from time to time for high scores or good photographs. Details of these will be posted on the scores page. ...

Inspiron 5000
My usually faithful Inspiron 5000 decided not to come out of hibernation last week and wondered if there's a cure for it or has it had it's day. The machine, when powering up, has the fan whirling for about 10 seconds and no sign of of the power on self test, then it stops and does it again trying to power up and again. Because it's not reaching that stage, does this mean a motherboard failure? Has anyone had similar examples or found a cure for it? TIA I have had this problem with my I5000. It was caused by adding a non-compliant memory card. While you may not have added a...

pixma ip1500
printer won't print it reports "paper jam" i checked evrywhere in printer and there is no paper jam... anyone know how to fix this?? "svix" <svixd@yahoo.com> wrote: >printer won't print it reports "paper jam" >i checked evrywhere in printer and there is no paper jam... >anyone know how to fix this?? There are two likely causes. 1. When you get the paper jam message has the printer tried to feed paper but no paper was fed? If so then either the paper feed rollers are not gripping the paper well enough and fails to pick the ...

Pixma 750
The Question Canon's scangear toolbox CS works with this all in one, and it is better than the software that comes with the printer. There in a spare customisable button in SG toolbox that allows the output from the scanner to go to a link. Does any one know how to specify a windows printer as a link? There is no option for a printer driver in this tab. The program wants a path to the link. I have tried entering PPP2: but that is rejected as an invalid path. The Background There is a Copy tab which allows printing to a printer driver, unfortunately it does not allo...

Coolscan 5000
A slide is 2" x 2". That's the whole slide, cardboard and film. A normal 35 mm slide is 1 3/8" x 15/16" and the cardboard or plastic makes up the rest of the 2 inches. My Coolscan 5000 is set up to scan just a little beyond the length and height of slide film. But here is my problem. I have some very important slides that are 2 x 2 but the film is 1.75" x 1.75". I can't scan the WHOLE picture. Is the Super Coolscan 5000 ED capable of scanning the whole picture? AFAIK no. If the film is significantly larger than the standard 24x36mm you wi...

Corebuilder 5000
3Com Corebuilder 5000 This is a complete and working unit, and comprises of the following = modules: Corebuilder 5000 Chassis [6010C-AP]=20 3x 415w redundant PSU's [6000PS-HO]=20 2x ADM redundant Advanced Distribution Management modules [6000M-CMGT]=20 7x 10Base 24 Port 10Mb/s Ethernet Switch modules [6624M-TPL-A]=20 2x 100Base 4 Port 100Mb/s Fast Ethernet Switch modules [6604M-TX-A]=20 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3D3035832104 Happy Bidding! ...

Pixma mp510
Any experience with this printer? Quality? Problems? I plan to buy one here in the Netherlands. It is listed as a brandnew type. The pricing is whatI had in mind for an all-in-one for private use. I do not like multi-function printers because when you loose one of the functions you loose the purpose of the machine. Buying a separate Epson scanner and a Canon IP4300 gives you the best of both breeds. That said there are some exceptions: If space is an absolute must. You need an Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) and those are expensive. The machine you are considering doe...

Canon PIXMA
What does the "PIXMA" refer to in some of the Canon printers? I'm looking at the i9900 (but it's not a PIXMA), mainly for the size of the prints, but I wonder if there will be a "PIXMA' version of this coming out soon? I read somewhere that PIXMA printers produce longer lasting prints. Any insights? BW In article BWL says... > What does the "PIXMA" refer to in some of the Canon printers? I'm looking > at the i9900 (but it's not a PIXMA), mainly for the size of the prints, but > I wonder if there will be a "PIXMA...