Price for genuine Canon pixma IP4000 cartridges?

Suppose I want to buy a complete set of these 5 cartridges.

What would be a good price for them.

I intend to look on EBAY and other sources, but I'm not sure what would be a
good price. I know it would be about $60-$65. on the Canon site.

MB

0
MB_

"MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote in message
> Suppose I want to buy a complete set of these 5 cartridges.
>
> What would be a good price for them.
>
> I intend to look on EBAY and other sources, but I'm not sure what would be
> a good price. I know it would be about $60-$65. on the Canon site.
>
> MB

And you live in what country?? This kind of shopping around you can easily
do online - just look up a few discount computer stores.

Why do you want to buy a 'set'? Surely the beauty of individual cartridges
is that you only need to replace them as they become empty - for instance if
you largely do only photos or only do documents, you will hardly use one of
the black ink tanks.

0
Caitlin
2/20/2005 8:24:58 AM
On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 01:48:54 -0500, "MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote:

>Suppose I want to buy a complete set of these 5 cartridges.
>
>What would be a good price for them.
>
>I intend to look on EBAY and other sources, but I'm not sure what would be a
>good price. I know it would be about $60-$65. on the Canon site.

Hundreds of retailers and price lists : google
0
pete
2/20/2005 1:38:38 PM
Caitlin:

Yes, I've thought of that. But, OTOH, it would be a PAIN if one cartridge
goes and 4 weeks later another goes, etc. etc. etc.

If that's the way it happens then I would just as soon BUY a complete set,
have the set on hand, and THEN replace them individually.

MB
"Caitlin" <caitlin_online_spamtrap@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote in message
>> Suppose I want to buy a complete set of these 5 cartridges.
>>
>> What would be a good price for them.
>>
>> I intend to look on EBAY and other sources, but I'm not sure what would
>> be a good price. I know it would be about $60-$65. on the Canon site.
>>
>> MB
>

> And you live in what country?? This kind of shopping around you can easily
> do online - just look up a few discount computer stores.
>
> Why do you want to buy a 'set'? Surely the beauty of individual cartridges
> is that you only need to replace them as they become empty - for instance
> if you largely do only photos or only do documents, you will hardly use
> one of the black ink tanks.

0
MB_
2/20/2005 5:33:01 PM
You will find that there is some sort of price control out there or what
ever legal name you want to give to price fixing.  All of the prices on
OEM Canon ink cartridges are within .75 U.S. cents of each other.  The
only way to save is to buy out of state and save 8% tax and maybe 5% in
price if they do not charge for shipping.  Not a big deal.  Who needs to
stock up at those prices?  You might as well go down to a local store
and buy as needed.  Then if you print head goes bad you are not married
to the same mfg.

Caitlin wrote:

>"MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote in message
>

>>Suppose I want to buy a complete set of these 5 cartridges.
>>
>>What would be a good price for them.
>>
>>I intend to look on EBAY and other sources, but I'm not sure what would be
>>a good price. I know it would be about $60-$65. on the Canon site.
>>
>>MB
>>

>And you live in what country?? This kind of shopping around you can easily
>do online - just look up a few discount computer stores.
>
>Why do you want to buy a 'set'? Surely the beauty of individual cartridges
>is that you only need to replace them as they become empty - for instance if
>you largely do only photos or only do documents, you will hardly use one of
>the black ink tanks.

0
measekite
2/20/2005 7:13:13 PM
"MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote in message
> Suppose I want to buy a complete set of these 5 cartridges.
>
> What would be a good price for them.
>
> I intend to look on EBAY and other sources, but I'm not sure what would be
> a good price. I know it would be about $60-$65. on the Canon site.

 I have always found for one time purchases that Sam's Club, Costco or BJ's
are best.

Another trick I have learned is that as I order from OfficeMax.com this also
seems to result in a semi regular pattern of "$20 Off your next purchase of
$50 or more" coupon cards showing up in my mail. With a set of inks costing
about $50+ , I often get them for around $30 using these coupons.

Of course 'Google' is another could source for pricing.

0
PC
2/21/2005 1:51:06 AM
MB_ wrote:
> Suppose I want to buy a complete set of these 5 cartridges.
>
> What would be a good price for them.
>
> I intend to look on EBAY and other sources, but I'm not sure what would be a
> good price. I know it would be about $60-$65. on the Canon site.
>
> MB

I pay about $11.50 (US$8.70) on eBay from seller 'lankacrafts' per cartridge
which includes shipping to Australia. If you are in the USA it will probably be
a bit under US$8.00.

That's very good, considering here in Australia they are at least AU$24.95 (217%
of the eBay price).

My Digital World:
Kodak DX6490, Canon i9950, Pioneer A05;
Hitachi 37" HD plasma display, DGTEC 2000A,
Denon 2800, H/K AVR4500, Whatmough Encore;
Sony Ericsson K700i, Palm Tungsten T.

Disclaimer:
given nor endorsed by it.
0
Ben

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Problem with Canon Pixma ip4000 printer
X-No-Archive My Canon Pixma ip4000 printer: I haven't used it in months, and barely used it all before then, but just 2 weeks after my warranty ran out it has decided to stop working. When power is turned on, the printer head refuses to snap-to the center; it behaves as if it's locked or a pulley (rubber band?) isn't working. The power light flashes alternatively orange and green (which, according to the manual indicates a possible "repair shop" problem.) Before I bring this to a shop and spend probably the amount I paid for it brand-new, is there a way of fi...

Canon Pixma IP4000 cartridge query
We recently got this printer and we like it. We are new to digital cameras/printing, so we have some elementary questions: Question: how will we know when one of the cartridges is empty? Will the printer flash and indicate which cartridge? Will it indicate on the computer? Also, when replacing the cartridge, I see there are 2 black cartridges: BCI-3EBK and BCI-6BK. What are the differences between the two. I assume if one goes, we have to replace it with the same cartridge. Correct? Finally, any thoughts on replacement brands. Should we use the far cheaper compatibles or stay with the Canon brand? MB "MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote in message news:Ub%Md.27731$0Y5.20412@fe06.lga... > We recently got this printer and we like it. We are new to digital > cameras/printing, so we have some elementary questions: > > Question: how will we know when one of the cartridges is empty? Will the > printer flash and indicate which cartridge? Will it indicate on the > computer? > > Also, when replacing the cartridge, I see there are 2 black cartridges: > BCI-3EBK and BCI-6BK. What are the differences between the two. I assume if > one goes, we have to replace it with the same cartridge. Correct? > > Finally, any thoughts on replacement brands. Should we use the far cheaper > compatibles or stay with the Canon brand? > > MB The first black is Canon's idea of Pigmented b...

re: Canon Pixma IP4000 cartridge query
> In article PC Medic says... >> >> "colinco" <colincomma@yawhoo.com> wrote in message >> news:MPG.1c7bccd93dc33179898b9@news.xtra.co.nz... >> > In article PC Medic says... >> >> If your 'compatibles' have the prism then they are 'Refills' not >> >> compatibles >> >> as the cartridge design with the prism is patented by Canon and not >> >> licensed >> >> to anyone. >> >> >> > there are carts with modified design to sidestep the patent issue >> >> I have yet to see these, care to name a brand so I can check them out? >> >> >> >> > For info only, never used them > > " You may notice the compatible cartridge varies in its design when > compared to the original branded product. The Jet Tec compatible > cartridge is different because the design has been altered to ensure the > compatible cartridge does not infringe patents owned by the original > manufacturer. These changes will NOT affect the quality of the > printout." Absolutely. No prism will not effect quality of printout. It will effect the operation of the low ink sensor in that you will never get a warning due to no prism to reflect light back to the sensor. ...

Warning about Canon PIXMA iP3000/iP4000 series printers
We were considering buying a Canon PIXMA iP3000 because these are the first printers we have ever seen that finally quit ripping people off quite so much on ink. The whole printer ink jet market, until now, has been a scam, making you spend an average of $40-$60 buy new print heads and cartridges for all three colors because one color runs out. That is like having to replace your gas tank, fuel pump, radiator, water pump, windshield washer tank and wiper motors, because you ran out of gas or got too low on radiator fluid. Oh, and by the way, there are no gauges, or transparent tanks, and no ...

UPDATE: "Problem with Canon Pixma ip4000 printer"
I received a brand-new (refurbished? not sure) ip4000 Pixma tonight from Canon, even though my defective one was two weeks past warranty. And yes, it came with a new print head and new ink. So, thanks to this excellent customer service, my opinion on Canon has done a 180: (reversing my earlier, knee-jerk vow) I will definitely continue buying Canon products. Shnaggletooth shnaggletooth@yahoo.com wrote: >I received a brand-new (refurbished? not sure) ip4000 Pixma tonight >from Canon, even though my defective one was two weeks past warranty. >And yes, it came with a new p...

Canon Pixma IP4000, when does printer use BCI-3EBK cart ink
As subject Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is selected? Only when draft is selected? Thanks in advance tHatDudeUK wrote: > As subject > > Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is > selected? Only when draft is selected? > > Thanks in advance Normally it uses BCI3e all the time except when printing photos, so when photo or glossy paper is selected. When you print text and business documents with graphics. tHatDudeUK wrote: >As subject > >Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is selected? >Only when draft is selected? > >Thanks in advance > > > > Here is a quick test you can perform. Use a photo with quite a bit of black areas. Open the cover on the printer and use a small screwdriver to hold down the cover interlock so that you can actually see the ink being put on the paper. Print the same photo using different paper modes. The BCI-3 black (pigmented black) is deposited with a much wider path than the BCI-6 black. Note also that the BCI-3 black appears to be used only when in plain paper mode. All other modes use only the BCI-6 black. You will see this when observing the printing operation. The other thing you can do is to wet your fingertip and move it across the edge of the printed area onto the unprinted area. You will see a difference in the amount of ink smearing. -- Ron Cohen...

Canon Pixma printers: ink cartridges, print-head cleaners
I've just bought a Canon Pixma iP3000 printer and would like advice ink cartidges and print-head care. Considering costs for genuine Canon cartridges vs. generic it seems to me that the latter would be more cost effective - providing they don't ruin the printheads. And what about the print-head cleaning cartridges I've seen advertised. Do they work? If so, occasional use of these cleaning cartridges might make up for whatever risks using generic cartridges might entail. Or so I have been figuring. I'd appreciate advice from someone who has had experience with these printers, e.g.: 1) What generic cartridges are considered of 'good quality'? Any recommendations of websites or companies? Considering that the printheads are not disposable, how likely is it that a good quality generic cartridge will clog up the printheads? 2) Are there sources for genuine Canon cartridges which offer some discount off of retail prices? 3) Re/ print head cleaning: I've seen fluids offered as well as cartridges filled with cleaner/solvent. Do these things work? I'm thinking that occasional preventative maintenence might be a good idea. Thanks, Dorian "Dorian" <DorianLS2@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1115271929.121480.311760@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I've just bought a Canon Pixma iP3000 printer and would like advice ink > cartidges and print-head care. Considering costs for genuine ...

Anyone using Canon Pixma with non-canon cartridges?
Hello I need to do short and long runs of flyers for mailing (mostly black text, some photos) I will never need to print photos on photo quality paper. I can get replacement cartridges very, very cheap which makes it less expensive in the long run than getting a colour laser printer. I would like to know your personal experience using the ip4000 or ip5000 with replacement cartridges continously........ has anyone used them non-stop since they bought their printer? How many have you used so far? Please mention if you refill yourself or buy no-name cartridges ready to go. How is y...

Which Printer Should I buy? Canon IP4000, Canon I865, Epson R300
Which is the best printer? Main points below. 1. Accuracy when printing to CD/DVD (My old Epson 900 was a devil to set up) going off center and needed adjusting. 2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which printer performs best. 3. Print quality Photo / CD DVD To put it into perspective here are the best prices I have found for the printers so far. 1. Epson R300 �84.95 2. Canon I865 �119.99 3. Canon IP4000 �99.99 Thanks Mike I have the R300 and love it. I do not love the price of the replacement ink. I have printed about 200 DVD ...

Canon PIXMA iP4000
I can't seem to find the drivers for my Canon PIXMA iP4000. Has anyone set it up sucessfully? I'm using kernel 2.6.11 on a Gentoo box. "hyperfusion" <jonathanho15@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1114820232.945735.55130@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I can't seem to find the drivers for my Canon PIXMA iP4000. Has >anyone > set it up sucessfully? > I'm using kernel 2.6.11 on a Gentoo box. > Canon has drivers for Linux on the japanese website. It's quite a PITA to find them, but go for www.canon.jp and search for an edit-box, that might be a search box and try: "PIXMA linux" They use mostly RPMs - is there something like debian's "alien" command for portage? HTH, Gernot hyperfusion wrote: > I can't seem to find the drivers for my Canon PIXMA iP4000. Has anyone > set it up sucessfully? > I'm using kernel 2.6.11 on a Gentoo box. Why not use Turboprint for linux www.turboprint.de I use all the time and just bombs out cups all the time, and the support for all most every printer out there. ...

Canon PIXMA iP4000
Is this printer available on-line in the UK yet and if so where? Martin ���� On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 13:39:35 +0100, Martin ���� wrote: > Is this printer available on-line in the UK yet and if so where? It's announced for August in the US - and I have not seen it there yet. For Europe it's announced for September - I was told about a first delivery in Germany on 2004-09-05. HTH, Martin PS: oops, sorry for you that you have a name like this ;-) I just noticed because it exploded my introduction line. On 9 Aug 2004 08:23:14 GMT, Martin Trautmann <t-use@gmx...

canon pixma ip4000
welps, I had the occasion to print some pics for my mom but unfornately, it was for rancid gossip involving my cousins. anyways.... the pixma ip4000 did a really good job of printing the pictures on plain paper under windows98 pmview version and was surprisingly fast (much faster than the old epson color600 was, that one took forever to print a color pic). I just wish it were so for the OS/2 version of pmview. it wasn't very good. it looked like a cross between 16bit & 256bit colors On Sun, 08 May 2005 18:07:33 -0400, Dilbert Firestorm wrote: :>welps,...

Canon Pixma iP4500 vs Canon Pixma iP4600
Are these two the same printers except the 4600 being the next year's model of the 4500? Thanks RDOC wrote: > Are these two the same printers except the 4600 being the next year's > model of the 4500? Thanks > I think you will find them to be very similar. There is, however, one significant difference. The 4500 ink tanks are readily available from a range of suppliers as the chips on the ink tanks have been " cracked." If you buy the 4600 you are currently tied in to buying only genuine Canon replacement ink tanks. There is a significant price diff...

Canon PIXMA iP4000 questions
Greetings Anyone got/use the Canon PIXMA iP4000 Any pros-cons Martin ���� ...

Canon PIXMA iP4000 in the UK
Greetings I see that the Canon PIXMA iP4000 is starting to come into stock at Dabs (UK) http://www.dabs.com/uk/productview?quicklinx=3F1B Martin ©¿©¬ ...

Canon Pixma Printer Ink
5-Pack Non-OEM Ink w/ Chip for Canon PGI-5BK CLI-8 Pixma MP500 MP530 MP600 MP800 iP4200 iP4300 iP4500 iP5200 iP5200 Price:$8.91 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001IO6DEY Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001IO6DEY Canon Pixma Pro9000 Professional Large Format Inkjet Printer (9995A001) Price:$499.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000J1HPK8 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000J1HPK8 6 Pack (3xBlack + 1 of Each Color) Compatible Ink w/ Chip for Canon Pixma iP3300 iP3500 MP510 MX700 PGI-5BK CLI-8 Price:$21.45 Image: http://bestdea...

Canon PIXMA iP4000 #2
Greetings I see that the Canon PIXMA iP4000 is starting to come into stock at Dabs (UK) http://www.dabs.com/uk/productview?quicklinx=3F1B Martin ©¿©¬ ...

Printer Server for Canon ip4000
Hi, I have tried connecting a Canon ip4000 (not R version) to a Hawking HPS1U printer server. It does not work, and Canon refuse to recommend a printer server. Does anybody know a printer server that does work with the ip4000? thanks, ...

Canon Pixma Ip5000 Printer
Canon Compatible (9) Pack BCI-3eBk/BCI-6 (3BCI-3eBk / 2BCI-6C/2BCI-6M/2BCI-6Y) for Canon i560 etc Price:$75.00 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000C159LW Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000C159LW 15 Pack Canon BCI-6 BCI-3e Compatible Ink Cartridges for Pixma i860 iP4000 iP5000 MP750 MP760 MP780 Price:$13.50 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001IT224Y Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001IT224Y 20 Pack BCI-6 BCI-3e Compatible Ink Cartridges for Canon Pixma i860 iP4000 iP5000 MP750 MP760 MP780 Price:$22.95 Image: http://bestdealfin...

Canon Pixma ink cartridges?
I'm on the verge of deciding to change my Lexmark Z517 printer for a Canon, since I'm a student and print quite lots of stuff (and the Lexmark ink is generally fairly expensive and nearly un-refillable/third party ink non-existent). So, I saw many dirt-cheap cartridges for Canon printers, but they fit into BJC models, which don't seem to exist anymore (and have likely been discontinued for a while). However, I also saw both a Pixma iP2000 and an iP2200 for a really good price, however I was wondering if the cartridges were as easily refillable as the old BJC cartridges, o...

Canon Pixma iP4600 Printer
Does anyone have experience of using this model of USB connected printer on Iyonix (RISC OS 5.13) ? So far I have tried with the printer plugged into the Iyonix on boot up. The computer does its POST, but stops at the "no keyboard" message and sits for a good minute, before continuing to the Desktop, but without any extras loaded (I have a Filer window open, and AppDoc load on boot). After a further half minute or so the hard disc runs and boot completes. However the machine locks up almost as soon as I try to do anything, such as open a directory, or run !Printers, and I end up hi...

Web resources about - Price for genuine Canon pixma IP4000 cartridges? - comp.periphs.printers

Cartridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TI-99/4A Pitfall cartridge demo - YouTube
Retrocloud's adaptation of the classic Pitfall game - for the TI-99/4A. Filip has remade the classic game, and it works in a 32K EPROM! (Sorry ...

Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges
Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges

Atari's E.T. The Extraterrestrial cartridges found in landfill
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari E.T. The Extraterrestrial game cartridges ...

Diggers find hundreds of Atari 'E.T.' and other game cartridges in New Mexico landfill - CTV News
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari "E.T." game cartridges that some call the ...

Dollar Shave Club Claims to Top Schick As No. 2 Razor Cartridge
Dollar Shave Club claims it passed Schick to become the No. 2 razor cartridge brand by volume in July, a little more than three years after the ...

Rocker Releases Album on Nintendo Gaming Cartridges
Rocker Jon Black, who performs as Fort Atlantic, decided to offer his latest album on original Nintendo cartridges. As the music industry's brick-and-mortar ...

“Empty” Epson ink cartridges are still 20 percent full
The high-end Epson 9900 printer, which retails for around £3,000 ($5,000), reports that ink cartridges are empty even when they are still about ...

This is why our brains lied to us about blowing into Nintendo cartridges
Before they were the basis of hip soaps or remade as even hipper clocks, Nintendo’s cartridge games were a source of delight and vexation for ...