Printer Inks

Is there a company who sells compatible inks for Canon S9000 that seems
better than another?

0
richard50

In article <1108001951.152633.164910@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, richard50
@mchsi.com says...
> Is there a company who sells compatible inks for Canon S9000 that seems
> better than another?

Anyone who "Picks a brand" for you would be doing it in the dark, as you
havent said what you are doing with the printer.

I have used inks from www.inksupply.com (MIS Associaates) as well as
Formulabs inks in several different lines of Canon printer and had VERY good
luck with both brands. I print both normal work product (charts & graphs ect)
as well as high resolution photos on Glossy and Matte paper.

Inks from Formulabs and MIS seem to last as long (fade resistance) as the OEM
inks that Canon & Epson sell, but only time will tell.

I have several prints hanging on my living room wall that were printed a few
years ago with a Canon printer using inks from MIS Associates and they havent
faded noticably (YET), they are framed, covered with glass, and are NOT
exposed to direct sunlight.

I expect the Formulabs ink to perform at least as well, but I have only been
using their ink for a year, and I wont speculate, or tell lies.

I also have some regular Photo-Lab prints that HAVE faded over the same
length of time so, "You pay your money and you take your chances".

BEWARE of any ink company that says you can use their ink in more than ONE
brand of printer.  THERE IS NO SUCH ANIMAL.

I have been using ink jet printers from Canon, HP, Epson, Lexmark, et al for
20+ years.

DO I REFILL??? yes, for prints for my own use advertising handouts, flyers,
forms and PROOFS,  I re-fill the ink carts for both Canon and Epson printers

DOES RE-FILLING CAUSE PROBLEMS???  as far as I can tell re-filling has only
caused me problems with Epson printers... You need to uses cartridges
designed to be re-filled to get the bes results.. and you need a chip re-
setter for the newer Epson printers...and you need patience.....and you need
rubber gloves....and you need a drop cloth. With Canon, I have only had what
I consider to be the normal amout of head blockages, and I only need to run a
head cleaning after changing cartridges (whether OEM or re-filled).

DO I SELL PRINTS??? yes, but for SALE prints I use only OEM inks, as I feel
they a PROBABLY the best possible ink for the printer in terms of print-life,
head-wear ect. The customer deserves my best effort.

DO I RECOMMEND RE-FILLING?? Only if you are printing for your own use. If you
are selling prints, you can set a price that covers the additional cost of
using OEM inks.\\

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.

My printing is almost uniquely for photography (Non-professional) and
am just dying from the cost of OEM inks.   Got compatibles from
INKJETCARTRIDGE and am just not happy with the depth of color or
accuracy.  Have been extremely satisfied witht the printer (S9000) when
using OEM inks so I don't believe it's problems with the printer.  Have
found that you get what you pay for on papers (Still prefer Kodak) but
the inks...particularly the photo inks (Magenta,Cyan)...just seem
washed out.  Am totally up for recommendations on inks and other papers
that cost less but seem to hold up for amateur photography.

Thanks again for your help.

0
richard50
2/12/2005 5:26:50 AM
Another satisfied MIS refiller with a canon i960 (six color photo printer)
I did side-by-side comparison with OEM inks and found the MIS inks to be so
close that it would be difficult to tell them apart.  I also found that my
results were best with costco glossy photo paper, next best with Epson
glossy photo paper, and these were actually slightly better than the Canon
photo paper pro paper that came as a sample with the printer.  Least
satisfactory in my opinion was the Kodak paper.

<richard50@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> Is there a company who sells compatible inks for Canon S9000 that seems
> better than another?

0
Burt
2/19/2005 4:52:37 AM
I heard about MIS.  How often do you print?  Better yet, have you ever
left your print idle for a month?  Have you had any hints of print head
clog.  Saving 50% is attractive but I hear war stories about clogged
heads on both Canon and Epson printers.  I have an IP4000.

And if MIS is that good there are (?????) other ink brands that are 50%
of the price of MIS.  That gets really attractive.  Then to save even
more money you can refill your own with MIS or whatever.

I have found that most of the suppliers of 3rd party ink do not tell you
what brand it really is.  You just know where to get it and the next
shipment could be from a different supplier if the price is better to
the vendor you get it from.

At least with Canon and Epson, both overpriced, you get consistency.

Burt wrote:

>Another satisfied MIS refiller with a canon i960 (six color photo printer)
>I did side-by-side comparison with OEM inks and found the MIS inks to be so
>close that it would be difficult to tell them apart.  I also found that my
>results were best with costco glossy photo paper, next best with Epson
>glossy photo paper, and these were actually slightly better than the Canon
>photo paper pro paper that came as a sample with the printer.  Least
>satisfactory in my opinion was the Kodak paper.
>
><richard50@mchsi.com> wrote in message
>

>>Is there a company who sells compatible inks for Canon S9000 that seems
>>better than another?

0
measekite
>I heard about MIS.  How often do you print?  Better yet, have you ever left
>your print idle for a month?  Have you had any hints of print head clog.
>Saving 50% is attractive but I hear war stories about clogged heads on both
>Canon and Epson printers.  I have an IP4000.
>
> And if MIS is that good there are (?????) other ink brands that are 50% of
> the price of MIS.  That gets really attractive.  Then to save even more
> money you can refill your own with MIS or whatever.
>
> I have found that most of the suppliers of 3rd party ink do not tell you
> what brand it really is.  You just know where to get it and the next
> shipment could be from a different supplier if the price is better to the
> vendor you get it from.
>
> At least with Canon and Epson, both overpriced, you get consistency.

http://www.alotofthings.com/inkjetinformation/Epsonoriginalinkconsistency.htm

0
Harvey

Printer Ink

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

necessary to install printer driver for shared printer on computer that is not attached to printer?
We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is it necessary to install the HP drivers on the Win 7 computer in addition to the XP computer? best, Aaron From: <aaronep@pacbell.net> > We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We > have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP > computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is > it necessary to in...

Printer addendum for HP printer

Printer Ink
I am new to this group and suspect this topic has been covered many times but I would appreciate advice. I bought a small printer about 6 months ago for about $40 Canadian. It came with colour and black and white cartridges. Yesterday I went to buy replacement ink cartridges and had to pay over $100 for them. This is absolutely outrageous and if I had stopped and thought about it I would have simply purchased a new printer and thrown the old, perfectly serviceable one, away but this action offends me as being wasteful. My next thought was that if I buy a better, more exp...

Installed Printers
Hi, We want to make it possible for our Users to link a printer to a document type. Doing that we need to know how we can load the installed printers on the client system and how we can autoselect an printer using JavaScript Thanks in advice Jo Jo Claes wrote: > Hi, > > We want to make it possible for our Users to link a printer to a document > type. > Doing that we need to know how we can load the installed printers on the > client system and how we can autoselect an printer using JavaScript > > Thanks in advice > > Jo Client-side JavaScript does not have...

Printer trays.....network printers
Still having a problem here... If I define a Xerox printer with two Ldev nos, with data_intray=1 on one ldev, and data_intray = 4 on the other, I can send interleaved spool files to them and it works beautifully. If I remove data_intray = 4, and try to use setup_file=x.hpenv where x contains <Esc>&l4H (PCL for use lower tray), nothing works, it doesnt even rotate to landscape (understand that part). If I embed the esc sequence in the data at start it works, but thats not a viable solution. In fact if I send the tray value anything from 2 to 5, it uses bottom tray. I want t...

Ink printer
Hi I want to buy a color ink A3+ format printer. I had strong feeling in HP Ikjet cp1700 but I heard that this printer is not in production anymore. Does anybody confirm this and maybe recommend something instead with same quality and price. regards, Henri ...

Printer vs printer vs ...
I have an old HP. If I load a graphic into Mozilla it will print to the HP. If I load a graphic into PMView it will not print. Why? Jim L -- If you think people are out to get you you're paranoid. If you think people are out to get anybody they can what are you? Sir: inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote: > I have an old HP. If I load a graphic into Mozilla it will print to the > HP. If I load a graphic into PMView it will not print. Why? > PMview has a size limitation. Look in the re-size option to see the largest size to which it will convert a picture. In ...

Duplex printers and CD printers
Is Canon still the only manufacturer who sells printers in the USA that can print on both sides of the paper automatically? Is Epson still the only manufacturer who sells printers in the USA that can print on CDs? Thank you in advance for all replies. -- For some strange reason those of us who are owned by cats ascribe motives to the cat that are more benign than the cat's real motives. For example if the cat gets in the way when we are trying to do something we say it is "helping". Daniel Prince wrote: > Is Canon still the only manufacturer who sells printer...

tPrinter.printers not showing a printer?
A client is using one of my programs on several computers (Win 2000). On one (and only one) of them, when I get the tPrinter.printers list of printers, it shows no printers. The user says that there is a printer installed. If the printer is properly installed in Windows, it must show up in tPrinter.printers, right? --- Replace you know what by j to email ...

Phaser printers and LED printers
I have need to purchase, for a small office environment, a printer for color brochures. It needs to handle speeds in the 10-20 pages per minute range and mainly for letter size paper. Target price is $1000-1200. I prefer something other than inkjet printers for this application, and recent color laser printer output I've seen is quite good. There seem to be several models from the major manufacturers available for under a grand, but they seem to cluster around 4 pages per minute in color, which is too slow. We will be printing runs of a few hundred pages at a time, probably...

printer supplies or new printer
I am running a RiscPC700 (NO strongarm), withComputer Concepts turboprinter feeding a Canon BJC210. I only use it for !HolyBible and !Sibelius6 I need either ink cartidges for the printer, or a new printer that turbo will recognise. Any suggestion? (PS - sorry I use a Windows for internet and everything else.) "Letmesnapu2" <alan.r.archer@btinternet.com> wrote: > I am running a RiscPC700 (NO strongarm), withComputer Concepts turboprinter > feeding a Canon BJC210. > > I only use it for !HolyBible and !Sibelius6 > > I need either ink cartidges for ...

ink for printers
can all printers take both types of ink, for instance black and colour Most printers take both types of cartridges. "martin speirs" <speirsyboy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:a6866bcc.0401190208.192db084@posting.google.com... > can all printers take both types of ink, for instance black and colour On 19 Jan 2004 02:08:33 -0800, speirsyboy@hotmail.com (martin speirs) wrote: >can all printers take both types of ink, for instance black and colour Huh?? What exactly are you asking? Inkjet ink brands? types? -eg dye, pigment **********************...

Printer drivers for new printers
I have just bought a couple of printers and I am trying to find drivers for them without any success. The printers I have are a Canon S330 and a Canon i950. Both are connected on a windows printer/home control server. For the S330 I have used the S300 printer driver (qimp-print), the print quality is horrible but at least it prints the correct size, as for the i950, I used the BJC-8200 printer driver and it prints at 1/4 of the size it is supposed to. Canon only supports windows and Mac os, at least that is their official response. Is there anywhere I can find printer driv...

printer
Hello, I have te possibility to buy a DMP2000 printer. It is new, never been used, how much to pay for this? THX,Fabien "Fabien Nicaud" <fabien.nicaud@wanadoo.fr> a �crit dans le message de news: bq8908$3vk$1@news-reader5.wanadoo.fr... > Hello, > > I have te possibility to buy a DMP2000 printer. It is new, never been used, > how much to pay for this? > > THX,Fabien > > Always a harsh question... It can go from none to a dozen of euros... I guess the right price is the price you're willing to pay for it ! ;-) Charles ...

Printer
When I try to install a HP PSC 1600 printer to my laptop trough a wireless network I get these error messages: 0x0000046a or 0x0000003a. What's up with that? Roger ...

Printer
Thought long and hard about where to ask this question, but decided in the end, that even though it's about a hardware product, it is not one produced by Acorn or a RO company, so c.s.a.hardware not appropriate. Quite simple question really, and yes I've googled quite a bit but cannot find a satisfactory answer. Please. Anyone have any thoughts about an inkjet printer, that has a flat transport path, that will take CD/DVDs, as I need to print on some CD and DVDs. Cheers Dave S -- In message <4da8e6083adfs@ukgateway.net> Dave Symes <dfs@ukgateway.net> wrote:...

Printer
Good day, I have installed Mandrake 9.1, dual booting with Windows 2000. Linux installed on hdb. System: 512K 1.2 Mhz AMD processor CD Drive Two HD. Motherboard : K7S5A Here's what's going on. Linux does not see the printer. I don't know if the parallel is undetected therefore linux would not see the printer. Windows has no problem finding the printer. Any ideas about fixing this problem? Thanks, Ross Ross Himes wrote: First of all : 1).- Which kind of printer are you using ? May it be a winprinter ? 2).- Are all the m...

Printer
how do i setup a printer in free BSD? "Andrew Doades" <ard@gpdnet.co.uk> writes: > how do i setup a printer in free BSD? The official Handbook has extensive documentation: http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/printing.html There are some ports that can help out a lot: I use both print/apsfilter and print/cups, depending on the environment. Andrew Doades wrote: > how do i setup a printer in free BSD? You have two options. 1. CUPS -- a network print server, which works fine for a stand-alone setup, but is a little complicated. ...

printer
Printer light is on but not responding. Can't print anything. ----- Posted via NewsOne.Net: Free (anonymous) Usenet News via the Web ----- http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+ groups NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam. If this or other posts made through NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email abuse@newsone.net ...

printer
I'm a looking for a good quality inkjet printer for good quality digital photography printing . I would bre grateful for any recommended models thanks t ...

Web resources about - Printer Inks - comp.periphs.printers

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Can you really get a solid all-in-one printer, copier and scanner for just $90?
... Deals team's advice. And in this case, we're going to help you upgrade to the Epson WorkForce WF-3620 WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, ...

Engineering students invented a 'pancake printer' that takes breakfast to the next level
It's Pancake Day! And what better way to celebrate than with the modern marvel that is this machine that will create pancakes in any shape you ...

How 3D printers are changing plastic surgery
The new technology is allowing patients to see a preview of their new faces before going under the knife