Printer name = printer driver name ?

Hello,

here's something I would like to understand.
My new HP 1012 laser printer is connected to a WIN98SE PC.
This PC is in a network with two WIN2000 PC's.
After installing the drivers on these PC's I notice that the printer does
not have the share name I assigned to it at the WIN98SE PC, but rather the
name of the driver.
Everything works at this moment, but... this looks strange to me.
Did I do something wrong ?
Any comments ?
Thank you

--

R-ton

Command-line/Applescript printer creation
I'm trying to script adding a printer but am have trouble finding the PPD. A sample script references the ppd file as "laserjet.ppd" but it appears that HP's PPDs are all named "printer_model.gz". The script is completing but the new printer doesn't have the correct driver if I use "printer.gz". Any suggestions? Are the .gz files the new format for printer PPDs? Thanks. A bit late... ["Followup-To:" alt.comp.lang.applescript] L wrote at 2005-08-25 in <news:Xns96BCF388362C5lnllnllnllnlorginval@216.196.97.131> > I'm trying t...

Getting printer name or available printer list
Hi All Does anyone knows the API or code for getting the printer names on classic OS? Previously my colleague uses PMSessionCreatePrinterList etc, to get the list and it is working fine on OS X with carbonLib. But now we need it to run on Classic OS (OS 9) without the use of CarbonLib. Does anyone knows how to get the printer list for it or default printer name?? other than using PMSession.. Thanks ! -- Best Regards Eleen ...

necessary to install printer driver for shared printer on computer that is not attached to printer?
We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is it necessary to install the HP drivers on the Win 7 computer in addition to the XP computer? best, Aaron From: <aaronep@pacbell.net> > We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We > have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP > computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is > it necessary to in...

Printer drivers for new printers
I have just bought a couple of printers and I am trying to find drivers for them without any success. The printers I have are a Canon S330 and a Canon i950. Both are connected on a windows printer/home control server. For the S330 I have used the S300 printer driver (qimp-print), the print quality is horrible but at least it prints the correct size, as for the i950, I used the BJC-8200 printer driver and it prints at 1/4 of the size it is supposed to. Canon only supports windows and Mac os, at least that is their official response. Is there anywhere I can find printer driv...

Driver Name of a Printer
I want to find the Driver name/internal name (the "name" that is given in the properties window of the printer in WinXP under "model") of a printer. After creating a print dialog for the selection of the printer, the DEVNAMES structure (after a little pointer math) gives me "winspool" as the printer driver name! :-( (oh... yes.. I use the VC++, so no VB solutions please :-) ) --- bye ...

Ping server name but not printer name
Hi, apologies if question is going to appear badly informed but posting for network chaps! They believe that iseries is accessing DNS as can ping a server by name, when they try to ping a printer by name it fails. Can ping printer by IP address from iseries though. Though this is the case it appears can ping printer from a PC. Sorry again for lack of details but any helpful hints would be gratefully received. Kind Regards Ian il 26/09/2007 19.24, Scrive Ian 40759152: > Hi, > apologies if question is going to appear badly informed but > posting for networ...

Printer Ink

Name this printer...
I'm in need of a printer for the following application but I can't figure out what it would be called, or find a manufacturer that offers something like it. Still, the concept is really simple so I gotta believe something like this exists. I have event tickets that are pre-printed and on these tickets is a 1" square box. When the ticket is redeemed at our facility, we want to stamp a letter into this box so we can group certain numbers of people together. For example, the first 100 people get assigned to group 'A' so we print that letter on their tickets, and so ...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

I have a Canon PIXMA ip4000 printer attached via USB to my PC. My Mac can see it and add it but it cannot load the right driver. I installed the printer on the Mac as well then re connected it to the PC hoping that after the Mac would be able to locate or display the proper Canon driver. Any idea how to get the correct driver assigned to this shared printer? Thanks, Om Mac- G4/450 w 512MB RAM 10.3.8, Canon driver 2.6.0 PC- Win2K Pro- printer shared Both machines network flawlessly together ...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

Help I need a printer driver for cannon S330 printer
Hi I am trying to download a printer driver for my cannon S330 printer and I dont know what I am doing or how to get one. I downloaded a printer driver to my desktop but dont know how to install it from there. Now i think i threw it in the recycle bin. Can anyone help me, I need my printer to work and dont have the disk. It worked fine before my puter crashed and i had to reload backups. any help will be greatly appreciated sincerely mike On 7 Jan 2005 14:26:47 -0800, carstereos89@aol.com wrote: >Hi >I am trying to download a printer driver for my cannon S330 printer and >I dont know what I am doing or how to get one. I downloaded a printer >driver to my desktop but dont know how to install it from there. Now i >think i threw it in the recycle bin. Can anyone help me, I need my >printer to work and dont have the disk. It worked fine before my puter >crashed and i had to reload backups. any help will be greatly >appreciated > >sincerely > >mike Hi Mike, You can obtain a driver from here http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=SupportDetailAct&fcategoryid=231&modelid=6610 The method of installing that I would use is as follows: Download the file to your desktop and as a matter of principle I would right click the 'Setup' icon and run and anti-virus check. Skip that if this is a problem for you - I would trust Canon in this case. Go to the taskbar, bottom right of your s...

Creating a generic printer interface (encapsulating a printer driver)?
I would like to enable a system to basically accept any type of printer (well, within limits, as it is a POS). As such, I would like to encapsulate the printer driver's specific API and expose a generic one (effectively mediating between the driver and the application). This was the application only has to know one type of interface and printers can be switched at will. Of course one would have to write a pice of glue to encapsulate the specific driver, but I hope with sufficient insentive the manufacture might do that. So: - Is this a good design/idea? - What would a "...

want second printer driver for a printer with different specs
In the book, "Special Edition- Using Microsoft Windows Vista", the author says one of the reasons to install another driver on pg. 208: "You want to set up different printer preference sets for a single physical printer.....". Sounds good, but I can't see how to do it. In the printer folder, I can see a button for Add a Printer- but will that process succeed in loading a second, identical driver? (one that I can modify) Joe "Joe" <abc@xyz.com> wrote: >In the book, "Special Edition- Using Microsoft Windows Vista", the au...

removing printer driver reverence from the add printer wizard
Hi, I installed a print driver to create TIFF images. I also removed the printer by deleting that. Now when i go into the 'Add Printer' Wizard the reference of the 'Manufacturer' and the printer driver is still in the 'Install Printer Software' window on the add printer wizard. Can somebody help me figure out how to remove the reference to the old printer driver in the 'Add Printer' Wizard. Note: I am using WindowsXp Professional. Thanks in advance, Jobby ...

remove "printer name ON server name " in xp like 98
in win98 only ther share name showed up in the printer list, in win 2000\xp\2003 it shows printer on server name IE: laserjet ON bigserver. is there anyway to remove this "on server name" and make it act like 98 ? jeff jeffkr"at"yah00"dot"c0m ...

tPrinter.printers not showing a printer?
A client is using one of my programs on several computers (Win 2000). On one (and only one) of them, when I get the tPrinter.printers list of printers, it shows no printers. The user says that there is a printer installed. If the printer is properly installed in Windows, it must show up in tPrinter.printers, right? --- Replace you know what by j to email ...

Printer vs printer vs ...
I have an old HP. If I load a graphic into Mozilla it will print to the HP. If I load a graphic into PMView it will not print. Why? Jim L -- If you think people are out to get you you're paranoid. If you think people are out to get anybody they can what are you? Sir: inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote: > I have an old HP. If I load a graphic into Mozilla it will print to the > HP. If I load a graphic into PMView it will not print. Why? > PMview has a size limitation. Look in the re-size option to see the largest size to which it will convert a picture. In ...

Duplex printers and CD printers
Is Canon still the only manufacturer who sells printers in the USA that can print on both sides of the paper automatically? Is Epson still the only manufacturer who sells printers in the USA that can print on CDs? Thank you in advance for all replies. -- For some strange reason those of us who are owned by cats ascribe motives to the cat that are more benign than the cat's real motives. For example if the cat gets in the way when we are trying to do something we say it is "helping". Daniel Prince wrote: > Is Canon still the only manufacturer who sells printer...

Printer addendum for HP printer

printer supplies or new printer
I am running a RiscPC700 (NO strongarm), withComputer Concepts turboprinter feeding a Canon BJC210. I only use it for !HolyBible and !Sibelius6 I need either ink cartidges for the printer, or a new printer that turbo will recognise. Any suggestion? (PS - sorry I use a Windows for internet and everything else.) "Letmesnapu2" <alan.r.archer@btinternet.com> wrote: > I am running a RiscPC700 (NO strongarm), withComputer Concepts turboprinter > feeding a Canon BJC210. > > I only use it for !HolyBible and !Sibelius6 > > I need either ink cartidges for ...

Web resources about - Printer name = printer driver name ? - comp.periphs.printers

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

Can you really get a solid all-in-one printer, copier and scanner for just $90?
... Deals team's advice. And in this case, we're going to help you upgrade to the Epson WorkForce WF-3620 WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, ...

Mattel unveils ThingMaker, a 3D printer for kids
Toy company hopes to make 3D printing mainstream with a new system designed for children

ThingMaker is a $300 3D Printer For Kids That Makes Toys
The two things holding 3D printers back from mainstream adoption is cost and relative difficulty of use. While they have been going down in price, ...