Printer Server for Canon ip4000

Hi,

   I have tried connecting a Canon ip4000 (not R version) to a Hawking
HPS1U printer server. It does not work, and Canon refuse to recommend
a printer server. Does anybody know a printer server that does work
with the ip4000?

thanks,
0
brianmatthewsmops

Only allow a printer server on network printer
How can I set up a network printer to only use a printer server from WinNT or Win2000 servers if the printer is network enabled (say an HP printer with a JetDirect card and its own IP)? Is it configurable through the JetAdmin utility? Do I have to setup a filtering firewall perhaps to the printer? TIA Patrick ...

Wireless Printer Server and USB printer?
I just bought a Netgear WGPS606 wireless print server to connect my USB Canon BJC-8200 printer. It works fine. I could see and print to the printer over wireless but the big problem is that there is no printer status information returned (paper out, ink empty etc...). This same printer works fine (and displayed all printer information) as a direct-connect printer or shared network printer when it was connected directly to my desktop and print from my laptop. Am I missing something? I would think that a printer server just pass data from computer to the printer and vice versa. It seems that the printer server didn't pass data back to my laptop? Thanks for any suggestions! -mike- <johndoe_rider@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1119894720.500131.110780@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > I just bought a Netgear WGPS606 wireless print server to connect my USB > Canon BJC-8200 printer. It works fine. I could see and print to the > printer over wireless but the big problem is that there is no printer > status information returned (paper out, ink empty etc...). I believe this is a common problem with printer servers. Before you buy you have to check two things: a) That it supports your printer. b) How well it supports your printer. The lack of support for the "back channel" is quite common. "CWatters" <colin.watters@pandoraBOX.be> wrote in message news:xlXve.131568$Qy4.7039020@phobos.telenet-...

Wireless Printer Server and USB printer?
I just bought a Netgear WGPS606 wireless print server to connect my USB Canon BJC-8200 printer. It works fine. I could see and print to the printer over wireless but the big problem is that there is no printer status information returned (paper out, ink empty etc...). This same printer works fine (and displayed all printer information) as a direct-connect printer or shared network printer when it was connected directly to my desktop and print from my laptop. Am I missing something? I would think that a printer server just pass data from computer to the printer and vice versa. It seem...

Win32::Printer::Enum::Printer($server)
Has anyone ever managed to get Win32::Printer::Enum::Printer($server) to enumerate printers on a server? I've tried $server with a plain server name e.g. "MYBOX" and "\\\\MYBOX" nither give any response. (Note I'm using an accound with Administrator priv at MYBOX). Looking at MSDN it implies that the parameter to EnumPrinters() should be "Print Provider!!\\Machine" so I tried "win32spl.dll!!\\\\MYBOX" and "win32spl!!\\\\MYBOX" and "LanMan Print Services!!\\\\MYBOX" Still Win32::Printer::Enum::Printer...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

SET PRINTER TO \\Server\Printer error
SET PRINTER TO \\Server\Printer gives the following error : Error TERM/2014 Create error: \\oemcomputer\hp-lj1300.prn (DOS Error : Network name not found) Printer is installed and connected. It's working. Please help On Sep 9, 9:03=A0am, "M Mordkovych" <mmordk1_no_spam_...@verizon.net> wrote: > SET PRINTER TO \\Server\Printer gives the following error : > > Error TERM/2014 Create error: \\oemcomputer\hp-lj1300.prn (DOS Error : > Network name not found) > > Printer is installed and connected. It's working. > > Please help I've had ...

Which Printer Should I buy? Canon IP4000, Canon I865, Epson R300
Which is the best printer? Main points below. 1. Accuracy when printing to CD/DVD (My old Epson 900 was a devil to set up) going off center and needed adjusting. 2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which printer performs best. 3. Print quality Photo / CD DVD To put it into perspective here are the best prices I have found for the printers so far. 1. Epson R300 �84.95 2. Canon I865 �119.99 3. Canon IP4000 �99.99 Thanks Mike I have the R300 and love it. I do not love the price of the replacement ink. I have printed about 200 DVD ...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server.
I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and Windows 2000. Both drivers refuse to run. If anyone have successfully make the connection, please help!!! Ching-yeh Tzseng tzseng wrote: > I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP > OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer > server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and > Windows 2000. Both driver...

Printer Ink

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

New Printer/Canon iP4000
Broke with tradition AND sense. Bought somethine other than an HP this time and didn't spend a week researching the subject and going into information overload :o Brought home a Canon iP4000. This printer will be used primarily for graphics (greeting cards) and text. I will do some photo printing on Ilford (Smooth Pearl) photo paper. Are there any inherant issues I need to know about? Someone told me that (unlike HP) I have to turn the printer off when not in use to keep the ink from wicking in the docking station. Then another said their Canon turned off automatically. I found "Auto Power" under the Maintenance Tab. Both were disabled. I enabled both and set Power off to 15 minutes. OK? And it doesn't say but I'm assuming the Auto "Power On" turns the printer on automatically when you start a print job (like the HP) Thanks, Monica Monica wrote: >Broke with tradition AND sense. Bought somethine other than an HP this >time and didn't spend a week researching the subject and going into >information overload :o Brought home a Canon iP4000. This printer will be >used primarily for graphics (greeting cards) and text. I will do some photo >printing on Ilford (Smooth Pearl) photo paper. Are there any inherant >issues I need to know about? Someone told me that (unlike HP) I have to >turn the printer off when not in use to keep the ink from wicking in the &g...

No printer model for Canon in Tiger Printer Setup Utility
I have successfully set up remote printing from my OS X 10.4 Tiger laptop to my Canon S750 printer connected to my Win XP home PC. I can print across the network, through the XP box and all the way to the printer - but nothing emerges. I suspect that my problem is the lack of any Canon printer models to choose from in the Printer Setup Utility on the OS X laptop. When I open the Printer Setup Utility and click on the "More Printers ..." button, I can navigate through the workgroup to the XP box and to the Shared printer without any problems. In the Printer Model pulldown, ...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Problem with Canon Pixma ip4000 printer
X-No-Archive My Canon Pixma ip4000 printer: I haven't used it in months, and barely used it all before then, but just 2 weeks after my warranty ran out it has decided to stop working. When power is turned on, the printer head refuses to snap-to the center; it behaves as if it's locked or a pulley (rubber band?) isn't working. The power light flashes alternatively orange and green (which, according to the manual indicates a possible "repair shop" problem.) Before I bring this to a shop and spend probably the amount I paid for it brand-new, is there a way of fi...

lpstat or enq Printer Status on Remote Printers on Windows 2000 Print Server
OS: AIX 5.1 Can someone explain why either the lpstat or enq set of status commands display the following way? The pr1-pcl and pr1-ps queues are remote printers that are on a Windows 2000 print server that is running "Print Services for UNIX." Specifcally, what are the lines with the Unknown value Files field? These line are always present and never go away even when the print queue is empty. ________________________________________________________________________________ Queue Dev Status Job Files User PP % Blks Cp Rnk ------- ----- --------- --- -------...

necessary to install printer driver for shared printer on computer that is not attached to printer?
We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is it necessary to install the HP drivers on the Win 7 computer in addition to the XP computer? best, Aaron From: <aaronep@pacbell.net> > We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We > have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP > computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is > it necessary to in...

New Canon iPF 5000 photo printer better than Epson K-3 printers??
Hi all. I just came across this very favorable review of a new Canon photo printer with 12 (yes, twelve) ink carts. http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/canon-ipf5000.shtml. The reviewer is very positive on this printer and sees it as a strong competitor to the Epson 4800. What do you all think? Check out the cost of cartridges! Oh, the review didn't speak about a capability to print on CDs. :) Joe Average ...

Web resources about - Printer Server for Canon ip4000 - comp.periphs.printers

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Can you really get a solid all-in-one printer, copier and scanner for just $90?
... Deals team's advice. And in this case, we're going to help you upgrade to the Epson WorkForce WF-3620 WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, ...

Engineering students invented a 'pancake printer' that takes breakfast to the next level
It's Pancake Day! And what better way to celebrate than with the modern marvel that is this machine that will create pancakes in any shape you ...

How 3D printers are changing plastic surgery
The new technology is allowing patients to see a preview of their new faces before going under the knife