Printer sometimes doesn't print.

I have a user that I help out with computer issues and she states her
printer randomly doesnt print.  She has a DELL A920 All In One and
running Windows XP Home.

Here is what happens:

1) When printing - often in WordPerfect - the print job seems to be
received because the Dell software print dialog status comes up.  Then
nothing happens.
2) If the users reboots the PC, sometimes the job prints.
3) Printer drivers have been reinstalled.
4) This is an Admin account.
5) Sometimes it prints fine in Notepad, Email, etc.  This lead me to
believe it was Wordperct, but a couple of times, it wouldnt print in
Notepad.
6) I believe the printer cartiage(s) have been reinstalled.
7) I checked the queue and it's empty before trying to print.
8) Printer spooler services are running.

Thanks in advance.
-Brian

0
bdaoust

bdaoust@yahoo.com wrote:
> I have a user that I help out with computer issues and she states her
> printer randomly doesnt print.  She has a DELL A920 All In One and
> running Windows XP Home.
>
> Here is what happens:
>
> 1) When printing - often in WordPerfect - the print job seems to be
> received because the Dell software print dialog status comes up.  Then
> nothing happens.
> 2) If the users reboots the PC, sometimes the job prints.
> 3) Printer drivers have been reinstalled.
> 4) This is an Admin account.
> 5) Sometimes it prints fine in Notepad, Email, etc.  This lead me to
> believe it was Wordperct, but a couple of times, it wouldnt print in
> Notepad.
> 6) I believe the printer cartiage(s) have been reinstalled.
> 7) I checked the queue and it's empty before trying to print.
> 8) Printer spooler services are running.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> -Brian

Check the cable.  Might be loose.

Lou

0
Lou

Epson Stylus Color 900 - took out a full color cartridge to test in another printer
I downloaded and installed sscserve.exe from http://ssclg.com/epsone.shtml but I can't get that program to work or I still can't get the printer to print - not sure which (but there is NO ink printing from the printer now). Anyone use that app on this printer successfully? OR is there another app that will work? OR a hardware fix? Thanks! Brad ...

Footer OK on print preview, but doesn't print to printer
I am only printing a page footer on page 1 and a page header after page 1. I have experimented heavily w/ placing a .Visible command in different locations and the best results have come with the code below. But while it looks perfect on the screen, The footer doesn't print at all. How can this be??? Private Sub PageHeaderSection_Format(Cancel As Integer... PageFooterSection.Visible = False PageFooterSection.Height = 0 End Sub I had a similar problem once and i relised that if your fields are color and your printer prints only in black than you will not see it in print...

Printer doesn't print
I connected a new printer HP business inkjet 2300 to an old AIX 4.2.1 machine (43P-140). The printer has a postscript interpreter, so I expected that it is able to print from the AIX machine. But if I issue a print job, I see some seconds "running", and then DEV_WAIT from lpstat. What is wrong? Regards, -- Burkhard Schultheis Tele Data Electronic, Wagnerstr. 10, D-76448 Durmersheim Email: schultheis@tde-online.de Phone: +49 7245 9287-21 >I connected a new printer HP business inkjet 2300 to an old AIX 4.2.1 > machine (43P-140). The printer has a postscript interpreter, so I ...

"Print this", or, Printer-friendly function doesn't always print out everything
Concerning the article below, if you scroll to the bottom of the page to the "Print this" icon and then click on it, when you print out the 'complete' article, you will find that the inset "Tips to minimize mind-wandering" has not been printed out: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/17690541 <aesthete8@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1174525586.134887.103490@l75g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Concerning the article below, if you scroll to the bottom of the page > to the "Print this" icon and then click on it, when you print out the...

Printer Calibrates but Doesn't Print
I have a HP 1210 - All-in-one Printer installed on Windows XP Pro (USB Port). All indications are that the communications are working fine between the computer and printer, I can even run the calibration. However when I try to print the test page, or anything else, the printer icon appears in the task bar for a short time and then disappears without printing anything. It also appears in the Document Print List and then disappears without printing anything. I have tried reinstalling the drivers and resetting the printer and computer. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Graha...

Doesn't print on network printer
After install cups and remove cups, my redhat 7.3 (2.4.20) never print again. The lpq will show: Printer: pr3@dhcp212 Queue: no printable jobs in queue Server: no server active Status: job 'nick@dhcp212+631' removed at 11:32:57.687 Rank Owner/ID Class Job Files Size Time done nick@dhcp210+680 A 680 (STDIN) 191263 20:59:07 But windows machine print well. How to trace this problem? I tried to change to unix print to jetdirect, both doesn't work (it works before). ...

FR114P detect the printer but doesn't print
I try to print on a HP Laserjet 1005 (Win2000). The configuration seems to be ok, the spooler handle the print job without error message, and no print. What could it be ? Thanks in advance for your help. Pierre Did you delete the original printer install, and re-install it, as a networked printer? Bill Crocker "Pierre Feller" <pierre.feller@bluemail.ch> wrote in message news:c8269283.0404301340.311dd4c0@posting.google.com... > I try to print on a HP Laserjet 1005 (Win2000). The configuration > seems to be ok, the spooler handle the print job without error > message...

Printer doesn't print last row!?
I use Windows98, and Window's Printer (USB) I have capture USB port in LPT1. Now, i print without problem from CLipper. I have only one problem : Clipper doesn't print the last row. I have tried to use : @ prow()+1,pcol() say "" but Clipper jump the last row. Why? N.B. To avoid the pause (60 seconds more or less) of windows for printing, i say at the end of the printing SET PRINTER TO LPT2, and then SET PRINTER TO LPT1. Ale, >I use Windows98, and Window's Printer (USB) >I have capture USB port in LPT1. >Now, i print without problem from CLipper. >I have...

Printronics Printer
I just installed Printronics 5000 series printer and conneted via Ethernet. I use STRRMTWTR command to staart the writer. However, it prints everything in regular font. I have few reports that are condensed and it doesn't print in condensed format. What am I missing here. Umm You could try this ... create a device for the printer CRTDEVPRT , you'll need some sort of driver if you F4 prompt on the MFRTYPMDL field, you'll get a list, you might have to pick a driver that the printer can emulate , since your Printronics 5000 might not be listed. Peter "IKNIR" <as400tip...

Tiger doesn't print well (various printers)
Hi I have printing problems since I upgraded to a G5/Tiger. My setup was working perfectly on the G4 under Panther: HP CP1700 via USB, HP driver HP DJ1120C and DJ 500 via GIMP-PRINT Now except for the DJ500 nothing is working correctly on the G5/Tiger (10.4.2). The CP1700 says it's processing the page, pulls a paper in, but nothing ever comes out while the computer says printing went ok. I tried the CP1700 using GIMP-PRINT, through my HP Print Server. The 1120C doesn't even pull in a paper but I get an error message from the Print Monitor 'imagetoprint unex...

Separator Page For Network Printer Doesn't Print
have windows XP SP1 and HP LaserJet 8150. When trying to print with default separator page being used no separator page is being printed. As a matter of fact the BROWSE button is greyed out in the window where location of SEP file is being chosen. When printing to a second (local) printer the BROWSE button is enabled and separator page comes out just fine. Any tricks that i can use to force the separator page being printed when using the network printer. thanx a million for all the replies. ...

Printer won't print, messages won't delete in WindowsXP Pro
I'm running Windows XP Pro with a Lexmark Z22 printer. Often when I try to print, the printing notification widow pops up. As usual, I hear "Printing started," but nothing happens while the seconds are ticking away on the clock. If I try to cancel the job, then check the printing queue, the job is still there, marked "Deleting." The only way to get it to print is to restart, then it works (until the next time). The only way to delete the unsuccessful print job is to go into task manager under Processes and try to guess which process to delete. This works, when I g...

Redhat 7.3 doesn't print to network printer
After install cups and remove cups, my redhat 7.3 (2.4.20) never print again. The lpq will show: Printer: pr3@dhcp212 Queue: no printable jobs in queue Server: no server active Status: job 'nick@dhcp212+631' removed at 11:32:57.687 Rank Owner/ID Class Job Files Size Time done nick@dhcp210+680 A 680 (STDIN) 191263 20:59:07 But windows machine print well. How to trace this problem? I tried to change to unix print to jetdirect, both doesn't work (it works before). ...

Corel still hasn't fixed bug in XI which can't print to more than default printer
I think Corel is criminal by not fixing the bug in XI, which refuses to print to more than the default printer. In the Corel newsgroups, everyone seems to defend Corel on this. Come on guys, when other software firms find such bugs, they fix them and make the patch available. Corel XI came out after Vista was released- to now say that it's tough luck, I'll have to buy XII is absurd. Even the most Mickey Mouse $10 utility program you download is able to print to other printers. This bug is not some obscure item, it's essential. Sure, I should have asked if the program was ...

Web resources about - Printer sometimes doesn't print. - comp.periphs.printers