Printer won't print any colors!

Canon i850, WinXP, USB.

Don't know what's going on here.  Printer worked normally a week or 2 ago
when I last used it.  But now it will only print black--no colors.  I've
uninstalled/reinstalled it.  Updated driver to latest.  Cleaned print head
by removing it from printer and also from Maintenance tab.  Any more ideas?

First of all what happens when you do a  nozzle test print from th
printers maintenance Window....are there any colours showing on th
test strip..

Dav

0
no
4/24/2006 6:34:35 PM
"Davy" <no@spam.invalid> wrote in message
> First of all what happens when you do a  nozzle test print from the
> printers maintenance Window....are there any colours showing on the
> test strip..?
>
> Davy

Hi thanks for replying.  That's what I've been printing for testing
purposes.  No colors show up at all; only the black boxes/grid.  At this
point I'm thinking it's a hardware problem.  :(

"J" <speechee2@hotmail.com> wrote:
>"Davy" <no@spam.invalid> wrote in message
>> First of all what happens when you do a  nozzle test print from the
>> printers maintenance Window....are there any colours showing on the
>> test strip..?
>>
>> Davy
>
>Hi thanks for replying.  That's what I've been printing for testing
>purposes.  No colors show up at all; only the black boxes/grid.  At this
>point I'm thinking it's a hardware problem.  :(

Based on this information I am convinced that your printhead has failed, sorry
for the bad news.
Tony
0
Tony
4/25/2006 6:50:13 AM
Think I'll agree with Tony on that one...

I would have expected at least a streak or hint of colour in the tes
strip, whether a manual clean or indeed a cleaning cartridge wil
work or not is a gamble

Probably the nozzles have clogged, the ink dried and then the nozzle
burne
out, because of lack of ink coolent,  that my theory

Whether taking them out applying a manual clean or using a cleanin
cartridge will work gives me doubt, but you never know

Dav

0
no
4/25/2006 9:32:47 AM
> Think I'll agree with Tony on that one...
>
> I would have expected at least a streak or hint of colour in the test
> strip, whether a manual clean or indeed a cleaning cartridge will
> work or not is a gamble.
>
> Probably the nozzles have clogged, the ink dried and then the nozzles
> burned
> out, because of lack of ink coolent,  that my theory.
>
> Whether taking them out applying a manual clean or using a cleaning
> cartridge will work gives me doubt, but you never know.
>
> Davy

Yes I already took the head out and did cleaning as Canon told me to do.  No
effect.

This problem did happen soon after replacing all the color ink
tanks--genuine Canon ink tho.  But it printed many pages/pictures with no
problem.  Then suddenly...

Anyway I hope a new head won't be 2 much.  Thanks again kind sirs.  :)

Don't know which part of the globe you are   but here's a Cano
distributer, could always E-mail them...
http://www.electroversal.com/  clicking on the red box in the link
they'er based in the U

Dav

0
no
4/25/2006 2:33:24 PM
I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH MY CANON IP4000 AND CANON INK.  I NEVER USE
GENERIC CLOGGING INK.

J wrote:

>"Davy" <no@spam.invalid> wrote in message
>

>>Think I'll agree with Tony on that one...
>>
>>I would have expected at least a streak or hint of colour in the test
>>strip, whether a manual clean or indeed a cleaning cartridge will
>>work or not is a gamble.
>>
>>Probably the nozzles have clogged, the ink dried and then the nozzles
>>burned
>>out, because of lack of ink coolent,  that my theory.
>>
>>Whether taking them out applying a manual clean or using a cleaning
>>cartridge will work gives me doubt, but you never know.
>>
>>Davy
>>

>Yes I already took the head out and did cleaning as Canon told me to do.  No
>effect.
>
>This problem did happen soon after replacing all the color ink
>tanks--genuine Canon ink tho.  But it printed many pages/pictures with no
>problem.  Then suddenly...
>
>Anyway I hope a new head won't be 2 much.  Thanks again kind sirs.  :)

0
measekite
4/26/2006 3:55:36 PM
J wrote:
> "Davy" <no@spam.invalid> wrote in message
>
>>Think I'll agree with Tony on that one...
>>
>>I would have expected at least a streak or hint of colour in the test
>>strip, whether a manual clean or indeed a cleaning cartridge will
>>work or not is a gamble.
>>
>>Probably the nozzles have clogged, the ink dried and then the nozzles
>>burned
>>out, because of lack of ink coolent,  that my theory.
>>
>>Whether taking them out applying a manual clean or using a cleaning
>>cartridge will work gives me doubt, but you never know.
>>
>>Davy
>

> Yes I already took the head out and did cleaning as Canon told me to do.  No
> effect.
>
> This problem did happen soon after replacing all the color ink
> tanks--genuine Canon ink tho.  But it printed many pages/pictures with no
> problem.  Then suddenly...

You have the luck of the draw. These printers can fail with any kind of
ink - Canon's own or compatible. Yours failed with Canon. My printhead
failed after less than a couple of months with compatible ink. I
replaced the printer (feed failed) & the printhead (printhead failed).
The new printhead was still working, 14 months later, with compatible
inks. Two other printers using compatible inks couldn't be happier.
So we know it's not the ink, it's the finicky, delicate printheads that
can go at any time. Some last, some don't.

-Taliesyn
0
Taliesyn
4/26/2006 4:13:26 PM
GENERIC INK CAUSES MORE PROBLEMS THAN OEM INK.  JUST READ PCWORLD

Taliesyn wrote:

> J wrote:
>
>> "Davy" <no@spam.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>>> Think I'll agree with Tony on that one...
>>>
>>> I would have expected at least a streak or hint of colour in the test
>>> strip, whether a manual clean or indeed a cleaning cartridge will
>>> work or not is a gamble.
>>>
>>> Probably the nozzles have clogged, the ink dried and then the nozzles
>>> burned
>>> out, because of lack of ink coolent,  that my theory.
>>>
>>> Whether taking them out applying a manual clean or using a cleaning
>>> cartridge will work gives me doubt, but you never know.
>>>
>>> Davy
>>

>> Yes I already took the head out and did cleaning as Canon told me to
>> do.  No effect.
>>
>> This problem did happen soon after replacing all the color ink
>> tanks--genuine Canon ink tho.  But it printed many pages/pictures
>> with no problem.  Then suddenly...
>>

> You have the luck of the draw. These printers can fail with any kind of
> ink - Canon's own or compatible. Yours failed with Canon. My printhead
> failed after less than a couple of months with compatible ink. I
> replaced the printer (feed failed) & the printhead (printhead failed).
> The new printhead was still working, 14 months later, with compatible
> inks. Two other printers using compatible inks couldn't be happier.
> So we know it's not the ink, it's the finicky, delicate printheads that
> can go at any time. Some last, some don't.
>
> -Taliesyn
0
measekite
4/26/2006 4:34:03 PM
Sounds a bit obvious - I'm sure you've checked - but maybe worth having
another look at the printing preferences.  There's usually one in there
which instructs the printer to print colours in grey scales.

Funny things computers - one day my scanner stopped working for no specific
reason - the next it was working - weird.

"J" <speechee2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Canon i850, WinXP, USB.
>
> Don't know what's going on here.  Printer worked normally a week or 2 ago
> when I last used it.  But now it will only print black--no colors.  I've
> uninstalled/reinstalled it.  Updated driver to latest.  Cleaned print head
> by removing it from printer and also from Maintenance tab.  Any more
> ideas?

0
Chris

Printer won't print, messages won't delete in WindowsXP Pro
I'm running Windows XP Pro with a Lexmark Z22 printer. Often when I try to print, the printing notification widow pops up. As usual, I hear "Printing started," but nothing happens while the seconds are ticking away on the clock. If I try to cancel the job, then check the printing queue, the job is still there, marked "Deleting." The only way to get it to print is to restart, then it works (until the next time). The only way to delete the unsuccessful print job is to go into task manager under Processes and try to guess which process to delete. This works, when I g...

Epson Stylus Color 900 - took out a full color cartridge to test in another printer
I downloaded and installed sscserve.exe from http://ssclg.com/epsone.shtml but I can't get that program to work or I still can't get the printer to print - not sure which (but there is NO ink printing from the printer now). Anyone use that app on this printer successfully? OR is there another app that will work? OR a hardware fix? Thanks! Brad ...

Ubuntu Lurid crapware: "hibernate hangs...ethernet disabled...no network...shutdown hangs...CD won't write...printer won't print"
"I wanted to upgrade but couldn't, for reasons not understood having to do with repository stuff. So I installed new ubuntu in dual boot with old ubuntu. Installed OK on my old e-machine. Then I decided to hibernate. Hung. Turned off power. Now the ethernet card is disabled on boot and I cannot get to network. Even if I ifconfig the card. Also, shutdown hangs like hibernate did. I have no clue how to fix this. Fortunately, old ubuntu still comes up and gets to network or I wouldn't be here. Unfortunately, cd rw won't write and printer won't print since ...

Epson printer won't print
A friend of mine with an Epson USB printer a couple years old running under Windows 98 is having a problem not being able to print. She says the printer indicates no paper is present when there is ample paper. When the printer is turned off and then back on it usually prints. Is there a fairly easy solution for this problem? ...

Laser Printer Won't Print
I've owned my Minolta QMS 1200w for five year and the last time I changed the cartridge was four years ago. Today I tried to print a document and keep getting the error message "This document failed to print". I've checked the parallel cable connections and power supply, tried printing from the command prompt without success. I've uninstalled the printer and reinstalled using the "Add Printer" again without success. I've taken the cartridge out of the printer and gently shaken it from side to side. I'm pretty sure that the cartridge is empty e...

printer won't print black
I have an HP photosmart 7550 and I just changed the black ink cartridge and printed a calibration page and it looked fine. I went to print a Word document and the print head was moving like it is printing but the page came out blank. I changed cartridges and it happened again, so I don't think it's the cartridge (unless I happened to have 2 bad carts, but what is the chance of that?). The HP toolbox says the ink level is full. Any ideas? Thanks!! Eddie G "Eddie G" <mickeddie@(removeme)comcast.net> wrote: >I have an HP photosmart 7550 and...

Printer won't print black?
Hi, I have an Epson printer. When I changed out the black cartridge this time it wouldn't print. After many hours of frustration - trying a different new cartridge, printing in colors, cleaning printing heads repeatedly, uninstalling and reinstalling driver, and communicating with Epson - I have discovered this morning that it may not be the printer. I installed a different printer, hp officejet 6100 all-in-one, went through all the software installation procedures and finally attempted to print the document from yesterday. Did not print in black ink??? I printed the sa...

Printer won't print landscape
I have an HP 1300 laserjet printer. I just connected it to a Linksys PSUS4 print server. In order to get it to work, I had to change it from a CUPS printer to a networked Unix printer using printtool: Queue type: Networked UNIX (LPS) Server: 192.168.1.6 Queue: lp Now it does not print landscape fro OpenOffice, or anywhere for that matter. I've tried changing the driver, as well as other options using printtool under Fedora Core 4. I also tried using OO's spadmin but that had no affect either. Is it possible to get this configuration to support landscape printi...

Printer just won't print
I configured my printer with APSFILTER. It usually works very well, but this time I tried to install CUPS before and it might be why I've had problems ever since. When I look at the printer settings in KDE, everything seems fine. When I try to print a document, I receive a message saying that data is sent to the printer, but nothing happens thereafter. I don't even recieve an error message. I can't even print from the command line with lpr /etc/hosts or echo "Hello World" | lpr -PCan300. No error message, no nothing. lpq (ou lpstat) yields: Printer: Can300@here ...

printer won't print straight
At work, we have an HP clolor laserjet 4600. I had a document with a border. When I printed it, the document apparently was not straight, as the margin to the top of the border was slanted. Does it just about every time, although the slant differs from time to time. Is there some calibration I can do? Thanks, Peter This is a common problem with laser printers. As the paper feed rollers wear, paper can slip and slide as it is being pulled through the printer resulting in skewiff borders. You will need to replace the paper feed rollers. James Sodor www.whatcartridge.com ...

LPT1 to USB Printer Won't print
I have a shiny new HP LJ 1020 USB printer attached to an XP workstation. The printer is shared, and my trusty old Clipper program's batch file attaches the printer to lpt1: net use lpt1 \\x\hplaserj /persistent:yes Everything looks good, the program prints to lpt1, no errors. The print job file shows up in the printer's queue, but... it doesn't print. Not only that, but it won't delete and it won't let any other print jobs through... the only way I can get it to delete is to power cycle the printer. Actually, I have two instances of this: one at a customer's site, ...

Runtime won't print on laser printer
Hello, We have a runtime solution that several users are having success with. This morning, a user called to say that their printer was printing blank pages. We ran through the usual culprits... Records being Browsed checked Printer name is correct Pages to print is correct Ink Color in properties is correct Still, the very important reports come out blank in their laser printer. Our solution appears to send the job to the printer, it fires up and puts out blank pages. Some other reports print but not the critical ones. We have tested, from the same file set and can print okay here at the offi...

EPSON CX4600 printer won't print
I have noticed several posts saying that their Epson CX4600 printer won't print after changing the printer cartridges. I'm having the same problems. I've tried cleaning and unplugging the printer for a time, but it still doesn't work. It started when I changed the black cartridge. I couldn't get any black to come out. Eventually the colored cartridges needed to be changed and now I get a blank page when printing. The monitor shows that I used half of my black cartridge, but I don't see where it could have gone. I'm wondering if the monitoring software is...

Printer won't print new data!
I have a similar post in news:comp.syshp.hardware My mate has a HP DeskJet printer. I sent him a few photos as did someone else. He got them all printed out but when he tried to print out a document from Word the printer kept printing the photos. Does anyone have any idea what the problem would be? Many thanks for any replies Barney Sorry for the misprint. I have posted this to news:comp.sys.hp.hardware > I have a similar post in news:comp.syshp.hardware > > My mate has a HP DeskJet printer. I sent him a few photos as did someone > else. He got them all printed ...

Web resources about - Printer won't print any colors! - comp.periphs.printers