printer won't print black

I have an HP photosmart 7550 and I just changed the black ink cartridge and
printed a calibration page and it looked fine.  I went to print a Word
document and the print head was moving like it is printing but the page came
out blank.  I changed cartridges and it happened again, so I don't think
it's the cartridge (unless I happened to have 2 bad carts, but what is the
chance of that?).  The HP toolbox says the ink level is full.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Eddie G

0
Eddie

"Eddie G" <mickeddie@(removeme)comcast.net> wrote:
>I have an HP photosmart 7550 and I just changed the black ink cartridge and
>printed a calibration page and it looked fine.  I went to print a Word
>document and the print head was moving like it is printing but the page came
>out blank.  I changed cartridges and it happened again, so I don't think
>it's the cartridge (unless I happened to have 2 bad carts, but what is the
>chance of that?).  The HP toolbox says the ink level is full.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Thanks!!
>
>Eddie G

Eddie
If the calibration page is consistently good then the problem is unlikely to be
printhead or printer related.
How does the Windows Test page look (assuming you are using Windows)?
Tony
0
Tony
3/5/2006 3:15:06 AM
"Eddie G" <mickeddie@(removeme)comcast.net> wrote in message
>I have an HP photosmart 7550 and I just changed the black ink cartridge and
>printed a calibration page and it looked fine.  I went to print a Word
>document and the print head was moving like it is printing but the page
>came out blank.

Have you tried printing anything else? Could be the Word document got
screwed up and it is printing white text or some strange occurrence.  Try
printing from another program, such as this post from your newsreader.

0
Edwin
3/5/2006 3:34:18 AM
"Tony" <TonytheTigurrrrr@aim.com> wrote in message
> "Eddie G" <mickeddie@(removeme)comcast.net> wrote:
>>I have an HP photosmart 7550 and I just changed the black ink cartridge
>>and
>>printed a calibration page and it looked fine.  I went to print a Word
>>document and the print head was moving like it is printing but the page
>>came
>>out blank.  I changed cartridges and it happened again, so I don't think
>>it's the cartridge (unless I happened to have 2 bad carts, but what is the
>>chance of that?).  The HP toolbox says the ink level is full.
>>
>>Any ideas?
>>
>>Thanks!!
>>
>>Eddie G
>
> Eddie
> If the calibration page is consistently good then the problem is unlikely
> to be
> printhead or printer related.
> How does the Windows Test page look (assuming you are using Windows)?

The words "windows xp printer test page" came out light and there is nothing
else on the page, although as I said the printer "thinks" it is printing as
I can hear the print head moving.

I guess I can have 2 bad cartridges in a row, right?

Eddie

0
Eddie
3/5/2006 3:01:04 PM
"Eddie G" <mickeddie@(removeme)comcast.net> wrote:
>"Tony" <TonytheTigurrrrr@aim.com> wrote in message
>> "Eddie G" <mickeddie@(removeme)comcast.net> wrote:
>>>I have an HP photosmart 7550 and I just changed the black ink cartridge
>>>and
>>>printed a calibration page and it looked fine.  I went to print a Word
>>>document and the print head was moving like it is printing but the page
>>>came
>>>out blank.  I changed cartridges and it happened again, so I don't think
>>>it's the cartridge (unless I happened to have 2 bad carts, but what is the
>>>chance of that?).  The HP toolbox says the ink level is full.
>>>
>>>Any ideas?
>>>
>>>Thanks!!
>>>
>>>Eddie G
>>
>> Eddie
>> If the calibration page is consistently good then the problem is unlikely
>> to be
>> printhead or printer related.
>> How does the Windows Test page look (assuming you are using Windows)?
>
>The words "windows xp printer test page" came out light and there is nothing
>else on the page, although as I said the printer "thinks" it is printing as
>I can hear the print head moving.
>
>I guess I can have 2 bad cartridges in a row, right?
>
>Eddie

Sounds like it....
The light text at the top of the page is probably being printed in colour (not
too sure, but a composite black made from the colour cartrdige), the rest of
the page should be black ink only so it looks like the cartrdige is bad. Try
pressing the printhead onto a folded damp paper towel, you should get a good
solid black rectangle of ink on the towel, if not the cartridge is bad.
Tony
0
Tony
3/5/2006 7:10:49 PM
> "Eddie G" <mickeddie@(removeme)comcast.net> wrote:
>>"Tony" <TonytheTigurrrrr@aim.com> wrote in message

>>> Eddie
>>> If the calibration page is consistently good then the problem is
>>> unlikely
>>> to be
>>> printhead or printer related.
>>> How does the Windows Test page look (assuming you are using Windows)?
>>
>>The words "windows xp printer test page" came out light and there is
>>nothing
>>else on the page, although as I said the printer "thinks" it is printing
>>as
>>I can hear the print head moving.
>>
>>I guess I can have 2 bad cartridges in a row, right?
>>
>>Eddie
>
> Sounds like it....
> The light text at the top of the page is probably being printed in colour
> (not
> too sure, but a composite black made from the colour cartrdige), the rest
> of
> the page should be black ink only so it looks like the cartrdige is bad.
> Try
> pressing the printhead onto a folded damp paper towel, you should get a
> good
> solid black rectangle of ink on the towel, if not the cartridge is bad.

I did pressed the printhead on a paper towel and got the ink rectangle, put
it back and printed this post and the black is being printed by the colors.
I figure I should call HP support...

Thanks,

Eddie

0
Eddie
3/5/2006 9:56:29 PM
"Eddie G" <mickeddie@(removeme)comcast.net> wrote:
>"Tony" <TonytheTigurrrrr@aim.com> wrote in message
>> "Eddie G" <mickeddie@(removeme)comcast.net> wrote:
>>>"Tony" <TonytheTigurrrrr@aim.com> wrote in message

>>>The words "windows xp printer test page" came out light and there is
>>>nothing
>>>else on the page, although as I said the printer "thinks" it is printing
>>>as
>>>I can hear the print head moving.
>>>
>>>I guess I can have 2 bad cartridges in a row, right?
>>>
>>>Eddie
>>
>> Sounds like it....
>> The light text at the top of the page is probably being printed in colour
>> (not
>> too sure, but a composite black made from the colour cartrdige), the rest
>> of
>> the page should be black ink only so it looks like the cartrdige is bad.
>> Try
>> pressing the printhead onto a folded damp paper towel, you should get a
>> good
>> solid black rectangle of ink on the towel, if not the cartridge is bad.
>
>I did pressed the printhead on a paper towel and got the ink rectangle, put
>it back and printed this post and the black is being printed by the colors.
>I figure I should call HP support...
>
>Thanks,
>
>Eddie

Yes Eddie, I agree especially if the printer is in warranty.
Tony
0
Tony
3/5/2006 11:23:46 PM
"Eddie G" <mickeddie@(removeme)comcast.net> wrote:
>"Tony" <TonytheTigurrrrr@aim.com> wrote in message
>> "Eddie G" <mickeddie@(removeme)comcast.net> wrote:
>>>"Tony" <TonytheTigurrrrr@aim.com> wrote in message

>>>The words "windows xp printer test page" came out light and there is
>>>nothing
>>>else on the page, although as I said the printer "thinks" it is printing
>>>as
>>>I can hear the print head moving.
>>>
>>>I guess I can have 2 bad cartridges in a row, right?
>>>
>>>Eddie
>>
>> Sounds like it....
>> The light text at the top of the page is probably being printed in colour
>> (not
>> too sure, but a composite black made from the colour cartrdige), the rest
>> of
>> the page should be black ink only so it looks like the cartrdige is bad.
>> Try
>> pressing the printhead onto a folded damp paper towel, you should get a
>> good
>> solid black rectangle of ink on the towel, if not the cartridge is bad.
>
>I did pressed the printhead on a paper towel and got the ink rectangle, put
>it back and printed this post and the black is being printed by the colors.
>I figure I should call HP support...
>
>Thanks,
>
>Eddie

Yes Eddie, I agree especially if the printer is in warranty.
Tony
0
Tony

Printer won't print, messages won't delete in WindowsXP Pro
I'm running Windows XP Pro with a Lexmark Z22 printer. Often when I try to print, the printing notification widow pops up. As usual, I hear "Printing started," but nothing happens while the seconds are ticking away on the clock. If I try to cancel the job, then check the printing queue, the job is still there, marked "Deleting." The only way to get it to print is to restart, then it works (until the next time). The only way to delete the unsuccessful print job is to go into task manager under Processes and try to guess which process to delete. This works, when I g...

Printer won't print black?
Hi, I have an Epson printer. When I changed out the black cartridge this time it wouldn't print. After many hours of frustration - trying a different new cartridge, printing in colors, cleaning printing heads repeatedly, uninstalling and reinstalling driver, and communicating with Epson - I have discovered this morning that it may not be the printer. I installed a different printer, hp officejet 6100 all-in-one, went through all the software installation procedures and finally attempted to print the document from yesterday. Did not print in black ink??? I printed the sa...

Ubuntu Lurid crapware: "hibernate hangs...ethernet disabled...no network...shutdown hangs...CD won't write...printer won't print"
"I wanted to upgrade but couldn't, for reasons not understood having to do with repository stuff. So I installed new ubuntu in dual boot with old ubuntu. Installed OK on my old e-machine. Then I decided to hibernate. Hung. Turned off power. Now the ethernet card is disabled on boot and I cannot get to network. Even if I ifconfig the card. Also, shutdown hangs like hibernate did. I have no clue how to fix this. Fortunately, old ubuntu still comes up and gets to network or I wouldn't be here. Unfortunately, cd rw won't write and printer won't print since ...

Canon S600 printer won't print in black
Hello everyone, I've got a Canon S600 inkjet printer which was working perfectly fine until a couple of days ago in which i was rearranging my computer station to another room. All that was done was that the printer was disconnected and moved temporarily. Upon re-connection, I noticed that anything I try to print in black (ie. Word document or web pages) doesn't print. Other colors including grey print fine. I've checked that all the ink cartridges are full, tried reinstalling/updating the drivers etc. but nothing. If anyone has any insight in what the problem might...

HP Deskjet printer won't print black
I have an HP Deskjet 720c (yes, I know it's old). All of a sudden it stopped printing anything in black. I put in a new cartridge and cleaned them but still no black. Color prints fine. I'd appreciate any help I can get with this. Thanks Carol wrote: > I have an HP Deskjet 720c (yes, I know it's old). All of a sudden it > stopped printing anything in black. I put in a new cartridge and > cleaned them but still no black. Color prints fine. > > I'd appreciate any help I can get with this. > > Thanks Stupid question time- did you pu...

Canon i560 printer won't print black
I have an i560 printer. It has suddenly stopped printing black. I have the service manual, but it doesn't give any circuit diagrams. Can anyone help? I looked on the internet, and a number of people have had this problem, but most of the answers tell them to replace the ink cartridge - as if that was not the first thing anyone intelligent would do! I have played around with it, and I find that if I plug it into my laptop it prints a Word text document perfectly - so the black cartidge and printhead must be O.K. When I use my RISC PC it doesn't print, so it would appear that the prin...

Canon i560 printer won't print black #2
My Canon i560 has suddenly stopped printing black. I've looked on the internet, and quite a few people seem to have had this happen, and the only suggestion is "change the black ink cartridge" - which is what anyone with any intelligence would do anyway! It won't print black text from Impression on my RISC PC, but when I plug the printer into my laptop with the USB it prints out "Word" documents perfectly. I suspect this is because the RISC PC prints documents as graphics, and it has stopped printing graphics. Anyway, it proves that there is no fault with the blac...

Printer just won't print
I configured my printer with APSFILTER. It usually works very well, but this time I tried to install CUPS before and it might be why I've had problems ever since. When I look at the printer settings in KDE, everything seems fine. When I try to print a document, I receive a message saying that data is sent to the printer, but nothing happens thereafter. I don't even recieve an error message. I can't even print from the command line with lpr /etc/hosts or echo "Hello World" | lpr -PCan300. No error message, no nothing. lpq (ou lpstat) yields: Printer: Can300@here ...

Epson printer won't print
A friend of mine with an Epson USB printer a couple years old running under Windows 98 is having a problem not being able to print. She says the printer indicates no paper is present when there is ample paper. When the printer is turned off and then back on it usually prints. Is there a fairly easy solution for this problem? ...

Printer won't print any colors!
Canon i850, WinXP, USB. Don't know what's going on here. Printer worked normally a week or 2 ago when I last used it. But now it will only print black--no colors. I've uninstalled/reinstalled it. Updated driver to latest. Cleaned print head by removing it from printer and also from Maintenance tab. Any more ideas? First of all what happens when you do a nozzle test print from th printers maintenance Window....are there any colours showing on th test strip.. Dav "Davy" <no@spam.invalid> wrote in message news:%S83g.193466$iS4.193071...

printer won't print straight
At work, we have an HP clolor laserjet 4600. I had a document with a border. When I printed it, the document apparently was not straight, as the margin to the top of the border was slanted. Does it just about every time, although the slant differs from time to time. Is there some calibration I can do? Thanks, Peter This is a common problem with laser printers. As the paper feed rollers wear, paper can slip and slide as it is being pulled through the printer resulting in skewiff borders. You will need to replace the paper feed rollers. James Sodor www.whatcartridge.com ...

Printer won't print landscape
I have an HP 1300 laserjet printer. I just connected it to a Linksys PSUS4 print server. In order to get it to work, I had to change it from a CUPS printer to a networked Unix printer using printtool: Queue type: Networked UNIX (LPS) Server: 192.168.1.6 Queue: lp Now it does not print landscape fro OpenOffice, or anywhere for that matter. I've tried changing the driver, as well as other options using printtool under Fedora Core 4. I also tried using OO's spadmin but that had no affect either. Is it possible to get this configuration to support landscape printi...

Laser Printer Won't Print
I've owned my Minolta QMS 1200w for five year and the last time I changed the cartridge was four years ago. Today I tried to print a document and keep getting the error message "This document failed to print". I've checked the parallel cable connections and power supply, tried printing from the command prompt without success. I've uninstalled the printer and reinstalled using the "Add Printer" again without success. I've taken the cartridge out of the printer and gently shaken it from side to side. I'm pretty sure that the cartridge is empty e...

LPT1 to USB Printer Won't print
I have a shiny new HP LJ 1020 USB printer attached to an XP workstation. The printer is shared, and my trusty old Clipper program's batch file attaches the printer to lpt1: net use lpt1 \\x\hplaserj /persistent:yes Everything looks good, the program prints to lpt1, no errors. The print job file shows up in the printer's queue, but... it doesn't print. Not only that, but it won't delete and it won't let any other print jobs through... the only way I can get it to delete is to power cycle the printer. Actually, I have two instances of this: one at a customer's site, ...

Web resources about - printer won't print black - comp.periphs.printers