Printing PCL from an IBM iSeries.

Hello,

    I am trying to print a PCL spool file to my Canon ImageRunner C3200.

The Text, Lines, Shading, Boxes, and etc all come out perfect.  The logo
(Image) does not print on my page.  I am able to get it to print to my HP
4500, and my IBM Infoprint PRinters.

Is there something special about the PCL going to a Canon ImageRunner?

Thanks,
Jeff P

0
Jeffrae

In message <djb7e2$f9j$1@newsfeed.norlight.net>, Jeffrae
<jeffrae@alynk.com> writes
>Hello,
>
>    I am trying to print a PCL spool file to my Canon ImageRunner C3200.
>
>The Text, Lines, Shading, Boxes, and etc all come out perfect.  The logo
>(Image) does not print on my page.  I am able to get it to print to my HP
>4500, and my IBM Infoprint PRinters.
>
>Is there something special about the PCL going to a Canon ImageRunner?

Can you try downgrading the postscript level it is using.  With the
driver for my CLC (Fiery XJ) there is a postscript options tab under the
advanced button in the print options, you could try fiddling with that.

--
Timothy
0
me@privacy.net wrote:
> In message <djb7e2$f9j$1@newsfeed.norlight.net>, Jeffrae
> <jeffrae@alynk.com> writes
> >Hello,
> >
> >    I am trying to print a PCL spool file to my Canon ImageRunner C3200.
> >
> >The Text, Lines, Shading, Boxes, and etc all come out perfect.  The logo
> >(Image) does not print on my page.  I am able to get it to print to my HP
> >4500, and my IBM Infoprint PRinters.
> >
> >Is there something special about the PCL going to a Canon ImageRunner?
>
> Can you try downgrading the postscript level it is using.  With the
> driver for my CLC (Fiery XJ) there is a postscript options tab under the
> advanced button in the print options, you could try fiddling with that.
>
> --
> Timothy

Not Using PostScript, but using PCL... Good Idea Though!!I will try
downgrading the PCL Emulation...

0
Jeffrae
10/24/2005 5:12:59 PM
On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:54:56 -0500, in comp.periphs.printers "Jeffrae"
<jeffrae@alynk.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>    I am trying to print a PCL spool file to my Canon ImageRunner C3200.
>
>The Text, Lines, Shading, Boxes, and etc all come out perfect.  The logo
>(Image) does not print on my page.  I am able to get it to print to my HP
>4500, and my IBM Infoprint PRinters.
>
>Is there something special about the PCL going to a Canon ImageRunner?

Does the printer have enough memory to store the image at the
resolution you are trying to print?
0
Ed

Is IBM killing iSeries? Yes, IBM is the iSeries muderer!!!!!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0085_01C4263B.65141F40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable IBM should know, it's just herself is killing iSeries/400. He invest = too much money in Webfacing, HATS, PASE, Web Access and RPG V .... but = how many users are planing to use them??? almost NONE! IBM should focus = on how to imporve the running time performance of Websphere on iSeries, = How let user can build java/web application as easy as SDA. AS/400 won = in 1988 because compare with the U...

Printing from OS9 to a PCL printer
Is it possible to get a printer driver that will print from OS9 to a network Ricoh 2035e printer that supports PCL6 and apparently not Postscript? I gather that there is a module to allow postscript on the Ricoh, but is there a print driver solution at the Mac end? -- Note abbreviate my country name to nz in address above Bob Jordan HortResearch Priv. Bag 3123 Hamilton New Zealand Ph +64 7 858 4748 ...

Printing logos on a PCL printer
Is there any easy way to print a logo (JPEG) on the top of an invoice using a PCL compatible printer and Jbase? Richard Kann Comp-Ware Systems, Inc. Richard, I just posted an article yesterday on www.u2ug.org (under Topics/Newsletter Articles) dealing with this topic. It deals with 2-color BMP files since they're easier to translate to PCL5 raster graphics, and requires a BASIC program to generate the output, but hopefully there's enough info to help. --Tom Pellitieri On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 11:04:24 -0400, Richard Kann <him@comp-ware.net> scribbled on the wall...

printing and PCL Laser Printers
Hi ! I have a little problem with printing. My program has to print a piece of string with lines and barcode. I use Graphics2D and java.awt.print. Problem is with national characters. When I test my program on HP Deskjet 3820 and dot matrix printers using windows drivers everyting works fine. But when I print on PCL laser printers there is no national characters on the paper. I use HP Laserjet 6M and Ricoh Aficio 200. Both printers can print national character set. I have tried this with MS Word and other applications (even this working in DOS). When I printed from my program to file I disc...

printing, iSeries to deskjet printer (graphical)
I have a printer file (PRTF) which creates an invoice in graphical format. It contains graphical elements, like lines, colors, and different fonts. The file was created with CRTPRTF FILE(JDR/TEST) DEVTYPE(*AFPDS) PAGESIZE(*N 132) We have a printer deskjet 1100d. I installed 5250 printer session on PC on which is that printer connected. In 5250 printer session I defined Host Print Transform with parameters: Printer model: HPCOLORDJ, and all other parameters with default values. But when I tried to print invoice it doesn't come out with any graphical elements, or fonts, all looks like...

Network printing to non-PCL Printer
Hello, if I remember correctly, there was an enhancement planed to print directly to non-PCL printer. Does anyone know, what the actual status of this enhancement is ? -- Mit freundlichen Gr��en / Best regards G�nter Kuhn SSD IT Consulting GmbH CH 6404 Greppen Switzerland EMail: Guenter.Kuhn@ssd-it.ch * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * Gunter Kuhn writes Hello, if I remember correctly, there was an enhancement planed to print directly to non-PCL printer....

Printing to Nashua printers from iSeries AS400
Hi, I'm trying to configurate device descriptions to NASHUA D4xx-series printers but I didn't manage so far. Does anybody recognize this problem and is there a solution? Thanx Hi Willem Don't know the Nashua Printers and didn t find on the web. Usually if I can't find the Printer in HPT lists I take Epson LW2550 Emulation for matrix printers and HP4 for Laserboxes What type of printer is it? What are supported emulations How do you want to connect it to your as400? (LAN/IP, par on Workstation, par on PC, Twinax ) Daniel On 31 Jul 2003 04:18:32 -0700, willem@willemde...

I am told that if you take a piece of paper that you printed on, put it back in the printer, and print on it again, that this will hurt the printer. Is this true?
I am told that if you take a piece of paper that you printed on, put it back in the printer, and print on it again, that this will hurt the printer. Is this true? "Enda80" <fasb80@gmail.com> wrote in message news:a1ec1b40-d0e7-4824-aa7d-c968a5a6a654@z66g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... >I am told that if you take a piece of paper that you printed on, put > it back in the printer, and print on it again, that this will hurt > the > printer. Is this true? I did it once and the printer was so hurt it bawled like a baby for 15 minutes! "Enda80&qu...

ATTAC "On the Fly printing" printing to default printer regardless of printer choice in dialog box.
Our application has used this PrintersClass module for some time without a problem but some new Toughbooks have caused problems. We use laser printers, usually the default choice, and some label printers. The label printers use the Seagull Scientific print drivers. The new notebooks will not print to the selected label printers even though the default printer for the report comes up in the dialog box as the selected printer. Even if you redundantly select this label printer again, before selecting print, you get the label printed to the user profile's default printer instead of the selecte...

Acrobat Reader 7.05 Printing Error in PCL printer
Hello Everybody? I have used Adobe Acrobat Reader for reading and printing PDF files. When using Adobe Acrobat Reader version 7.0, I have no problem. But after upgrading to Adobe Acrobat Reader version 7.05, there is a problem or error in printing. Screen viewing is no problem. In English or Korean PDF file printing, I have found a lots mis-printing. English characters are printed in Korean character or questing mark (?). 99% part of PDF file is well printing, but 1% part of PDF file is mis-printing. Using PS(Postscript) Printer, there is no problem as Acrobat Reader version - 7.0 ...

Connecting iSeries outq to file and print windows printer queue
Hi, I want to be able to connect my iSeries outq's directly to the Windows File and Print printer queues instead of directly going to the printer. I have set up the usual remote printers etc.... Any ideas. Thanks David > Hi, Hi :-) > I want to be able to connect my iSeries outq's directly to the Windows > File and Print printer queues instead of directly going to the > printer. > I have set up the usual remote printers etc.... > Any ideas. 1) share your printer with the name you like (i.e.: "myprinter") in Windows network, 2) install Unix print...

2 Epson Printers setup the same are not printing identically on IBM Infowindow
Hi I have 2 Epson DFX8000 (Dip settings are the same) when I print from DSP01 I get font "A" (we prefer font "A") when I print from DSP02 I get font "B" DSP01 is a IBM 3477 DSP02 is a IBM 3488-V I recently changes DSP02 from a IBM-3477 to a IBM-3788-V. I changed the settings the 3488-V to match the 3477. Thanks F.E. Solved I change all the printer drivers On Wednesday, December 4, 2013 3:11:59 PM UTC-5, accurated...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi > > > > > > I have 2 Epson DFX8000 (Dip settings are t...

How to use Ghostscript (gswin32c.exe) to print PDFs to IBM AFP Printer?
I am successfully using GSWIN32C to print to HP printers from a command line. However, what I really need to be able to do is print to IBM AFP printers but I'm not sure if this is possible - I didn't see any such named Ghostscript devices when I did a "devicenames ==" from the gs prompt. Is there any way to do this? Your message is not clear. Are you using Ghostscript to print to a Windows printer (driver installed)? Which model of IBM printer are you using? A big production printer or a medium printer? In general there are 2 ways to "print": - in windows, prin...

Queue of printer cycles, but printer does not print
Hi, we have two printers in our network, both connected to a different computer. When installed, they worked well, but now and then they refuse to print and they show a strange bahaviour. When looking in the Queue (Spooler), the print jobs are cycling. So, the first becomes the last while the second becomes the first, thirt becomes second, etc When we restart the computer, the printer starts printing, just befor shutdown. We Run XP-pro. Any ideas????? Thanks, Ben By the way, it is an old panasonic matrix printer (used for labels) and a HP officejet HP 1170c, bot...

printer prints some garbage after clicking on Print....
Ever since one of my kids installed something a couple of years ago, every time I click on the "Print..." selection from the File menu in any program, my printer (it can be any printer, HP OficeJet or Brother HL1040) will feed a new page, then print a few garbage characters. This happens as the Print dialog box appears, before I do anything else. Eventually the page gets ejected, but any printing I want to do has to wait until that happens - the print dialog box works normally other than this spurt of garbage. It happens in any software, from Word to TurboTax to Neato (C...

Looking for PCL printer that prints 500 pages p.h, 90,000 pages p.m.
Hi, I'm looking for experience reports of printers for a larger printing volume. That means 90,000 pages per month; at 22 work days and 9 hours a day this makes ca. 500 pages per hour (average). Maybe two of those that can print 50,000+ pages p.m. each would be nice. The printer must support PCL (5 or 6, we can handle both). Mandatory are also multiple input page trays; but I assume at this level they all have. Different output bins would be nice, but are not essentials -- the printed sheets are fed to a sorting and folding machine anyhow. Duplex unit is not needed ei...

All-in-one (Print, copy, scan, fax) with good ink life and that understands PCL or PostScript (not a Windows- or Mac-only printer)
Scan to email capability is OK. Bought an HP OfficeJet about ten years ago. BIG mistake: cartridges expire whether they are used or not. Can't print black with any one color empty (tri-color cartridge). Nobody refills #14 cartridges, as far as I can tell. Perce ...

PCL 3 Print and Landscape Raster Printing
I am working on a program that sends a raster image to a PCL 3 printer. Everything has worked just fine when in portrait paper orientation. But when I switched to Landscape mode, all I got was a single line at the edge of the page. Has anyone encountered this before? If so what did you do to fix it? Am I going to have to redraw my raster image for printing prior to sending it to the printer? ...

IE - Print to Default Printer
Hello, I have an .asp page that needs to print multiple, seperate text documents to 1 printer. That one printer could be any printer based on the user. I aldready have the hDC (Device Context) of their desired printer on a previous page. I simply want to do the Window.print or some other method to print these documents without having the Print Dialog box display forceing the user to select the same printer over and over again. This can be in either JavaScript or VBScript for all I care. Heck, even .Net if need-be. I just really need help. TIA, Kevin ...

printer print out different pdf print out different
Hello! I have a strange problem which look like this.... I print out the report into the screen (in Oracle Reports (Oracle 9.0)) and then I print it out on the paper (this is: into the printer). I also print out the report into the screen and then I saves it into the pdf file. My client told me that report printed out into the pdf file is OK, but report printed out into the paper & screen (this is into printer) is NOT OK. I`ve checked and my client is right, because report printed out on the paper and screen contains different values than report printed out into the pdf ...

Print-Print versus Print-Preview-Print
Is there a difference between the following operations from any given program? Let's say Safari, because I often want to Preview to see how many pages there are before deciding to print. From Safari: File > Print --> print dialog > Print versus From Safari: File > Print --> print dialog then choose Preview --> Abode Reader view then print directly from Adobe using File > Print --> print dialog > Print It sounds like a waste of steps, but after I preview in Adobe Reader, I usually close the preview and go back and print directly from Safari. The outputs ...

I only print photos and print everday,so what the best printer for under �130?
For quality of the printouts? and cheap in terms of ink etc? I will be using 3 party carts And yes i know �130 is on the cheap side! Thanks Steve On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 01:07:41 +0100, steve wrote: =3D>For quality of the printouts? and cheap in terms of ink etc? =3D>I will be using 3 party carts =3D>And yes i know =9C130 is on the cheap side! =3D>Thanks =3D>Steve IMO, no printer under 130gbp is good enough for what you apparently want to do. In fact, the price of the printer will not be the most significant cost factor, if you want to do high-volume printing. ...

Print server box or print server card in printer?
I after a print for a network and what are the pros and cons in getting an external print server such as one from D-Link or buying a printer with a NIC card internally? Are the performance,setting issue that make one method better than the other? Cost:-A internal card for a printer is about �150 extra (Kyocera Mita fs-1010 for example). A D-link DP-300U is about �90. Cheers... Chris..... ...

A Virtual Printer That Lets You Print Big Posters With ANY Printer
I want to announce a utility program I've published -- free software, GPL, this is not a commercial advertisement (and I don't ask for donations either) -- for the creation of posters . I think it could make it much easier for all kinds of interest groups to communicate their message. Basically, you can create a poster from anything you can print to a single page on your normal printer. The poster can be big -- 5 feet, or more, on a side, if you want. You can use any application to make it. You can grab an image from the internet using your web browser, for example. ...

Web resources about - Printing PCL from an IBM iSeries. - comp.periphs.printers

Printing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the process of reproducing text and images. For the handwriting method often called printing, see block letters . For other ...

Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only
[ SMH - Text-only index ] Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only Date: February 13 2016 London: Britain's ...

The hottest trend in 3D printing: shoes on demand
Customised shoe insoles and orthotics are among the newest products to be created using 3D printing machines, and companies such as Nike and ...

Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only
The Indy will disappear from British news stands as it becomes one of the first national newspapers in the world to buckle under pressure from ...

Why is the UK still printing its laws on vellum?
After a U-turn, the UK government is to continue printing and storing its laws on vellum. Shouldn't it go digital?

Firefox 44 adds H.264 video support on desktop, supports cloud printing on Android
... its heels. Like the previous release, the most visible changes are reserved for the mobile build. Android users gain support for cloud printing ...

This 3D printing pen is just what you need to bring your art to life
3D printing is all the rage these days because it's pretty awesome to make your concepts into a physical reality, and having a 3D printing pen ...

Stratasys Partners with Adobe to Broaden Adoption of 3D Printing with New Color Experience and Simplified ...
Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq:SSYS), the 3D printing and additive manufacturing solutions company, today announced that it has taken color 3D printing ...

Study shows some 3D printing fumes can be harmful
If you do a lot of 3D printing and are worried about the fumes, you may want to read a new study from US and French researchers. It measured ...

3D Printing Used To Create 4D Flowers That Change Shape Over Time
With Valentine’s Day just two weeks away, science really is upping the stakes in exactly which flowers to buy your loved one on this Hallmark ...