Problem while performing StretchBlt on HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050

Our application uses Windows GDI library to perform rendering and
display of data/output onto
the devices such as Screen and Printer.

While I am trying to print the data onto a series of printers (HP
1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP
3050) I am facing a typical problem.

Explaination
------------------

1. Appropriate DC for the intended device is created [Printer DC
created for a selected printer in this case]
2. The data is displayed onto the identified position onto the DC

The details of data (fields) to be displayed and their position onto
the DC is calculated before the printing begins.

If sufficient space is available for displaying/printing a field
(data), then it is displayed directly onto the DC (using TextOut.

However at situations, the space available for printing (displaying) a
piece of data may not be enough. In such scenario, I display such
information onto a temperory (display) DC and then perform
StretchBlt(....) onto the printer DC.

StretchBlt is capable of performing both Stretch / shrink from source
DC to the destination DC.

[MSDN: The StretchBlt function copies a bitmap from a source rectangle
into a destination rectangle, stretching or compressing the bitmap to
fit the dimensions of the destination rectangle, if necessary. The
system stretches or compresses (shrinks) the bitmap according to the
stretching mode currently set in the destination device context].

In this case:
- Data is first displayed / outputted onto tempDC
- Then StretchBlt is performed from tempDC to PrinterDC

The rectangular area on the destination DC is more than source
rectangular area then data is stretched
If the rectangular area on the destination DC is less than source
rectangular area then data is shrinked

StretchBlt(...) allows us to specify the raster operation to use while
performing this task as its last parameter.

Here I am using SRCAND. When I use SRCAND raster operation the data is
displayed in actual font size instead of shrinking. This results on
loss of data (as sufficient width/height) is not available to
displayed data

The same operation works on several other DeskJet/LaserJet (including
HP) printers. But it fails on the above mentioned set of printers.

If I try to use other raster operation such as SRCCOPY, it is able to
shrink the data and display properly. I can't use other operations. I
have to use SRCAND (as I would like to retain any data that is already
displayed within the rectangular area).

I also observed that, if the destination rectangular area is more than
source rectangular area: then it is able to stretch and display the
data without any loss (even with SRCAND raster operation)

Please let me know, if any of you have already encountered such
problem and any solution

Thanks & Regards,

Harish Sohani
Tally Solutions Pvt Ltd.
Bangalore.

0
Harish

Astech Hardcase for HP 32SII, HP 42S, HP 22S, HP 32S, HP 17BII, PIONEER SERIES
Just got some brand new Astech Industries hardcases. Email iqbal@tstt.net.tt for further information. Ideal hardcase for protecting your pioneer series calculator. ...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

HP-49G, HP-49G+, HP-42S
Hmm.... Back when I was an engineering undergrad (1989) I purchased an HP-42S calculator. That calculator quickly became indispensible to me. Without it all my engineering homework and exams would have been much harder. To this day I still use it as my primary calculator. With the leather carrying case I purchased for it back then the calculator has remained in pristine condition save for a little dust now and then. I decided about a year ago to purchase the HP-49G because I honestly thought that HP was getting out of the calculator business forever and it had been over ten years since ...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G Pinout Question...
Hi there, Can anyone please tell me if the HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G (not G+) have the same pinout? Also do they all use the same ten pin double row connector, 2mm headers? Also if yes above, do any other HP calculators have the same pinouts as above? Thanx. Therese wrote: > Can anyone please tell me if the HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G (not G+) > have the same pinout? Also do they all use the same ten pin double row > connector, 2mm headers? I know these calculators have the same hardware (apart from memory), then they have the same pinout. I know at least ...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

Input on HP 5150, HP 5550, or HP 5650 inkjet printers
Hi everyone, I'm trying to decide between buying the Hewlett Packard 5150, 5550 or 5650 inkjet printer. I'm going to be using the printer mainly for text, but will also be printing documents containing text and graphics/photos, so the quality of print is important to me Does anyone have any feedback on experiences they've had with any of these printers? Thanks, Joanne My results with the 5550 & HP papers are excellent. ===================================== "Joanne" <jnonkoh@DONTSPAMrogers.com> wrote in message news:N_0ib.284895$Lnr1.182933...

HP HP Compaq
Hello My company is preparing to replace all our Dell SX270 SmallFormFactors. Because we use HP Proliant Servers I thought it would be a good idea to replace the Dell=92s with HP UltraSlim and/or SFF. Thus I started to look at current models, used models, refurbished models to get a feel on what HP offered new and old. I ended up reasonably confused. I have HP, HP Compaq, Proliant, Pavillion and so forth. To list a few I have HP DC7800, DC7900, HP 6200, HP Compaq 8200-8300 Elite, HP z220, HP Compaq 4000 and so forth. At least with Dell one can buy a SFF in one purchase area. With...

hp
I have - hope sometime not so long ago, to say: "I had" - an hp pavillion zv5290ea. Some time - 8 months ( could you beleive it? ) - my dvd drive has gone away. I've done a million of calls to hp support center and they didn't change my drive neither wanted to see it. I also have a hp printer, that does not work well, it always has printing problems. A friend of mine told me that hp is going to be splited again into hp and compaq. Could this be true? ...

Tutorial exercises for hp 49g+, hp 48gii, hp 49g
Dear hp calculator users: I am in the process of putting together a set of tutorial exercises for the hp 49g+ and hp 48gii based on the hp 49g+ User's Guide. The tutorials are also useful for the hp 49g -- taking into account the lack of a HELP facility and the difference in the location of certain keys (EVAL, EQW, etc.) I am doing these exercises to promote the use of the hp calculators among my students at Utah State University. We meet twice a week after classes for that purpose. I have a web site where you can download the materials related to the tutorial exercises: http://www.e...

** wanted HP 150, HP 125 microcomputers also need hp 2645, 2640, 2644 or other old HP terminals
wanted HP 150, HP 125 microcomputers also need hp 2645, 2640, 2644 or other old HP terminals Thanks Ed Sharpe archivist for SMECC Please check our web site at http://www.smecc.org to see other engineering fields, communications and computation stuff we buy, and by all means when in Arizona drop in and see us. address: coury house / smecc 5802 w palmaire ave glendale az 85301 * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Choose box on the HP 49G+ like HP 39G or HP 38G
Do you know if the HP 49G+ integrate a choose box like the HP 39G choose box function and/or how I can draw one? Thank you for your help Best Regards jajacom "jajacom" <jajacom@yahoo.fr> wrote in message news:40b39978$0$7698$636a15ce@news.free.fr... > Do you know if the HP 49G+ integrate a choose box like the HP 39G choose box > function and/or how I can draw one? X If you ask about a two level CHOOSE like in the HP 38/39/40 then this is a feature I've asked from JYA many times )-: [VPN] ...

Web resources about - Problem while performing StretchBlt on HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050 - comp.periphs.printers

University of Music and Performing Arts, Vienna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The University of Music and Performing Arts, Vienna ( German : Universität für Musik und darstellende Kunst Wien , abbreviated MDW ) is an Austrian ...

Slovakia, home to snowy peaks and the year's best performing sharemarket
Slovakia, a little known European country with a little known index, also happens to be the best performing stock exchange in the world.

How is Scott Morrison performing as Treasurer?
When Malcolm Turnbull challenged Tony Abbott for the leadership of the Liberal Party last year, he said the government needed a different leadership ...

The Revenant: Actor Grace Dove talks about performing with Leonardo DiCaprio
The B.C. First Nations actor who plays Leonardo DiCaprio's wife in The Revenant says she had nothing but great experiences working opposite the ...

David Bowie leaves behind legacy of performing for good causes
The death of music visionary David Bowie is not just a loss for rock music, but it’s also a blow to the humanitarian causes for which he advocated. ...

Here’s how the iPhone is performing in global marketshare against the competition
... 9to5Mac for more breaking coverage of iOS Devices , iPhone , and Tech Industry . What do you think? Discuss "Here’s how the iPhone is performing ...

Eight-Year-Old Drake Performing The Fugees Is Pretty Amazing
A short video of Drizzy passionately singing 'Ready or Not' recently surfaced online in honor of '#FBF.'

Israel's best-performing tech stock hasn't sold a single product
An Israeli upstart which is trying to sell investors on a future in which physical objects materialise with the press of a buttonis attracting ...

Peter Hook & the Light performing 'Substance: Joy Division & New Order' on fall tour
Peter Hook continues to feud with (and sue) his former New Order bandmates and continues to play New Order and Joy Division albums in full on ...

'Billions,' the new drama Wall Street is going to be obsessed with, just became Showtime's best performing ...
"Billions," Showtime's new show about high-power Wall Street exeutives and hedge fund managers, just premiered to three million viewers, making ...