Problem with LJ4 printer settings

Since my computer crashed and I reinstalled all my programs and hardware
some of my LJ4 printer settings have to be reset every time I go to print a
new job.

I refer to the paper size, resolution, and even the fact that I want to use
the laser jet in preference to the bubble jet, although the latter is not
switched on, always have to be reset on the computer. They are set on the
LJ4 but this doesn't seem to make any difference.

Can someone please suggest where the answer lies?

Eric

0
Eric

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 21:12:04 UTC, "Eric" <e@manto.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> Can someone please suggest where the answer lies?

You could start by suggesting what operating system you are using, and
what version.

Windows 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 3.1, Windows NT 3.1, 3.5, 4.0, Windows 95, 98,
ME, 2000, XP....  or FreeBSD, OpenBSD, BeOS, Linux (which one), OS/2,

Don't just assume everyone is using the same as you.

--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70, PC/AT..

0
rde42
8/6/2003 11:08:56 AM
   Sorry I have upset you, Bob, by not saying which operating system I am
using, but had I realised that this was such a vital factor I might not have
needed to ask the question in the first place!

I am using Windows 98.

Eric

"Bob Eager" <rde42@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 21:12:04 UTC, "Eric" <e@manto.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Can someone please suggest where the answer lies?
>
> You could start by suggesting what operating system you are using, and
> what version.
>
> Windows 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 3.1, Windows NT 3.1, 3.5, 4.0, Windows 95, 98,
> ME, 2000, XP....  or FreeBSD, OpenBSD, BeOS, Linux (which one), OS/2,
>
> Don't just assume everyone is using the same as you.
>
> --
> Bob Eager
> rde at tavi.co.uk
> PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
> P70, PC/AT..

0
Eric
8/6/2003 9:23:22 PM
On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 21:23:22 UTC, "Eric" <e@manto.freeserve.co.uk> top
posted:

>    Sorry I have upset you, Bob, by not saying which operating system I am
> using, but had I realised that this was such a vital factor I might not have
> needed to ask the question in the first place!

I would have thought that it was an extremely basic point. You have
clearly eliminated hardware problems (unless very serious).

> I am using Windows 98.

Then I can't help. I don't use it.
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70, PC/AT..

0
rde42

SET PRINTER TO \\Server\Printer error
SET PRINTER TO \\Server\Printer gives the following error : Error TERM/2014 Create error: \\oemcomputer\hp-lj1300.prn (DOS Error : Network name not found) Printer is installed and connected. It's working. Please help On Sep 9, 9:03=A0am, "M Mordkovych" <mmordk1_no_spam_...@verizon.net> wrote: > SET PRINTER TO \\Server\Printer gives the following error : > > Error TERM/2014 Create error: \\oemcomputer\hp-lj1300.prn (DOS Error : > Network name not found) > > Printer is installed and connected. It's working. > > Please help I've had ...

Printer versus Indesign printer settings
In Indesign, how can I make sure I haven't activated both my application and my Epson 2200 inkjet printer's printing settings in the File > Print window? I read that having both active can screw up the colors of printed images and give them a red cast, and my images _are_ printing too red. Robert ...

Printer Setting Problem
I have one network printer installed on the domain controller, and I configured the printing preference to let it print on both sides. And I instruct my client to point to that shared printer. But when they open their printer property, and choose the printing preference, they need to choose print on both side setting in order to print on both sides. How could I enforce them to use my server setting and print on both sides automatically? printer model: HP LaserJet2300 Thanks!! Sincerely, Ben ...

Problem in printer setting
hai there... I'm new for linux. I have problem in setting dot matrix printer.( Epson). my lpd says.. cannot bind to lpd port '515' i'm not able to print anything. Please tell me how to solve the problem. ...

Lexmark Printer Problems
A friend of mine has a Lexmark all in one, model X1150. Just recently it appears to have developed a fault, when she tries to print anything it brings up an error message saying 'Printer Cover Open'. The printer cover is fully closed so I can't see why the error is brought up every time, does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance Diane Diane wrote: > A friend of mine has a Lexmark all in one, model X1150. Just recently it > appears to have developed a fault, when she tries to print anything it > brings up an error message saying 'Printer Cover Open'. The printer cover > is fully closed so I can't see why the error is brought up every time, does > anyone have any ideas? > Thanks in advance > Diane > Hi, This may or may not be the problem, but I'm wild guessing that perhaps the printer's cover door *is* fully closed but isn't depressing the switch enough to prevent the "printer cover open" message from being sent to the computer. Locate where the printer door activates the switch on the printer and try depressing the switch with a finger or pen or pencil to see if that turns off the message next time she prints. Logically that should be the only reason she would get that message - the switch isn't being depressed enough. I used to have a Lexmark and I knew where that switch was, but I don't know where it is on the X1150. Sometimes I like ...

Set Dell 3100CN printer as a AS400 printer
Can anyone help me? I have many Dell Laser printer 3100CN and I want to use Client Access emulator. I set ASCII conversion as *HP5. The printer prints correctly, but it add a blank page with some caracters at the end of every spool. I dont'know how to solve this problem. Looking forward to hear someone soon. Stefano, Try *HPCOLORLJ in stead of *HP5 or else see http://tinyurl.com/r99dq for more information Cheers, Pjotr Stefano wrote: > Can anyone help me? > I have many Dell Laser printer 3100CN and I want to use Client Access > emulator. I set ASCII conversion as *HP5. > The printer prints correctly, but it add a blank page with some > caracters at > the end of every spool. I dont'know how to solve this problem. > > Looking forward to hear someone soon. Here is how we defined ours: CRTDEVPRT DEVD(DZ) DEVCLS(*LAN) TYPE(3812) MODEL(1) LANATTACH(*IP) + PORT(9100) ATTACH(*DIRECT) ONLINE(*YES) FONT(11 *NONE) + FORMFEED(*AUTOCUT) SEPDRAWER(*FILE) PRTERRMSG(*INQ) + MSGQ(*LIBL/I4) ACTTMR(170) INACTTMR(30) LINESPEED(19200) + WORDLEN(8) PARITY(*NONE) STOPBITS(1) TRANSFORM(*YES) + MFRTYPMDL(*HP5SI) PPRSRC1(*LETTER) PPRSRC2(*NONE) + ENVELOPE(*NONE) ASCII899(*NO) IMGCFG(*NONE) CHRID(*SYSVAL) + RMTLOCNAME('192.192.192.11') SYSDRVPGM(*HPPJLDRV) TEXT('DZ - + FSC - DE - Printer Dell at Denison') PUBLISHINF(*UNKNOWN + *UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *BLANK (*...

Printer Ink

HP PSC 1600 Printer sets to default printer
I have a HP PSC 1600 printer that I use at home and for some reason this printer also is set to be my default printer. When I try to change another printer to be my default printer, the other printer will show as being the new default printer, but when I go home again and connect to the HP PSC 1600, this printer HP PSC 1600 again takes over as the default printer. Is there a way for the HP PSC 1600 printer not to take control of being my default printer? ...

Problem setting up HP4000N Printer
I'm trying to setup a HP4000N printer on my home network running through a D-Link router. I just purchased this printer used with jetnet card already installed. I have run a wire from my router to the printer and configured the printer as follows: IP ADDR: 192.168.0.105 Submask: 255.255.255.0 Gateway: 192.168.0.1 Now from my PC (192.168.0.100) I am trying to add this printer but I'm unable to locate it, I can PING it, so it's alive and well but what step am I missing which will allow my computer to know that it is available. Is there something in the router configuration nee...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

CUPS problem? or network problem? or printer problem?
Trying to configure CUPS to print to an HP LaserJet 5si over the network. Here is the relevant error_log stuff: I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Job 14 queued on 'ptr' by 'wm'. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/texttops (PID 12120) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstops (PID 1 2121) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstoraster (P ID 12122) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/rastertoprint er (PID 1...

Access 97 Problem: only one printer shown in the printer screen
Hello, The problem: When in the print screen to print an Access 97 report, in the printer drop-down list, there is only one printer shown, but it is not the printer I want to print to. There are multiple printers installed on this computer. I cannot find a way to make all the printers set up on the computer show in the Access 97 screen. This problem is only occuring in one profile. I've deleted the profile and reloaded it with no luck. I've reinstalled Access and the service release 2b on the PC, no luck. I've tried other databases with no change. I'm having a hard tim...

[msw]problem with saving printer settings
Hello My question is about wxPythin, but I think that problem is related for wxWidgets as such. I have trouble with saving printer settings in my application. My printer (hp deskjet 600) default settings has "normal" quality. When I do: pd = wx.PrintData() pdd = wx.PrintDialogData() pdd.SetPrintData(pd) pr = wx.Printer(pdd) pr.Print(None,MyPrintout()) pd = pr.GetPrintDialogData().GetPrintData() in theory, if I change quality to "draft" (in printer setup window, section "advanced") , it ...

problems setting up printer as device on AS400
I am learning the as400 currently, so please have patience with me here. I have a user who has a LaserJet 6L connected to her PC via parallel connection. She has Client\Access Express installed on her PC for connection to the as400. She has as400 reports that currently go out to a networked printer\copier and wants these reports to print out on the laserjet 6L connected to her PC. I setup a session for her printer on her PC and took all the default values. I then hasdone of our AS400 programmers set her reports to go to the LaserJet 6L. Now when she prints the reports we do get a print ou...

problem with setting the ibm 6400 printer
I have a ibm 6400 printer. Can somebody help me with an idea how can i set up the printer to print from as400. The printer is set as ethernet ascii printer with an ip 10.0.101.253. We have leased line to an as400 platform. As400 is not in our netowrk. I recall a customer a few years back using a leased line and LPR (Remote output queue) to send spooled files to a LAN attached printer. The problem was when someone would shut off the printer at the remote site, the remote writer automatically retries sending (indefinitely). This kept the leased line open, thus the cost of operation was ra...

HP printer problem, printer stops mid page, additional information
I forgot to say that I have installed a new, win2K specific driver for it. Nick ...

Printer problem or application problem?
I use an HP Deskjet 5550. My favorite word processing application is Word Perfect (I use WP Office 2002 Professional with the latest service pack.) I am unable to format an envelope size 6 3/4. I get a message saying the printer does not support that size, and do I want to use the nearest close approximate (DL), That is an acceptable but not convenient alternative. However, using Microsoft Word, I am able to format and print size 6 3/4 envelopes without difficulty. I have had extensive conversations on a Corel users forum about this, but nobody seems to come up with a solution. ...

SET PRINTER TO and SET DEFAULT
Hi I recently discovered that if I issue a SET PRINTER TO LPTx after a SET DEFAULT TO a different folder, clipper tries to create a file named LPTx.PRN in the default directory and of course generates a CREATE ERROR. Without th SET DEFATLT TO command it does work as it should. This happens in W2K/XP machines, doesn't in W98. Any idea ? TIA Claudio On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 05:33:16 -0800 (PST), cherszage@gmail.com wrote: >Hi >I recently discovered that if I issue a SET PRINTER TO LPTx after a >SET DEFAULT TO a different folder, clipper tries to create a file >named LPTx.PRN in the ...

set printer to file problem on windows 98
A few of our clients are having a problem printing this one report. The code executes a SET PRINTER TO filename and when its done sends the filename to pscript. The file isn't there. The default directory is local, set by SET DEFAULT TO. This is only our win 98 clients. Without recommending an upgrade to XP, does anyone have any idea what is happening here? "Joe Guy" <joeguy@rogers.com> wrote in message news:plbd90llgmke91nu6ccc0j2r86p1a4l5ht@4ax.com... | A few of our clients are having a problem printing this one report. | | The code executes a SET PRINTER TO filen...

Problem setting up printer with KDE (Debian Sarge)
I keep getting the following error after choosing a printer driver for a remote LPD queue : Unable to load the requested driver: Unable to create the Foomatic driver [HP-LaserJet_5Si,hpijs]. Either that driver does not exist, or you don't have the required permissions to perform that operation. I have installed lots of foomatic packages. What could be wrong ? Thanks, MS Madhusudan Singh wrote: > I keep getting the following error after choosing a printer driver for a > remote LPD queue : > > Unable to load the requested driver: > Unable to create the Foomatic driver [...

Problem With Default Settings For HP 8250 Printer
Hi, I suddenly have a problem that I never had before. I am running Windows XP Pro , and my printer is an HP Photosmart 8250. It is an older model, which I keep for its 6-ink setup that gives superb color for my pictures. My standard default setting is for letter size paper (8.5 x 11"), and portrait (vertical) orientation. In the past, when I printed something in another size or orientation, and the computer was shut down and then restarted, the printer reverted to the letter size and portrait orientation. Now however, it stays at 5x7" size and landscape orientat...

solaris 10 : problems while setting up network printer
Hi, I am not a unix admin, but need to setup a network printer on solaris 10. I tried a few commands after reading the "red book", some manual pages and some pages on the internet. I got an error while trying to print. I am giving some info below. Thanks for your kind help in advance. [COMMANDS GIVEN] [dexia01@c0437i0-k4a /remrx/restore]$ sudo /usr/lib/lpsched Print services started. [dexia01@c0437i0-k4a /remrx/restore]$ lpstat -r scheduler is running [dexia01@c0437i0-k4a /remrx/restore]$ sudo lpadmin -p mx_prn1 -v /dev/null -T hplaserjet [dexia01@c0437i0-k4a /remrx/restore]$ p...

Web resources about - Problem with LJ4 printer settings - comp.periphs.printers

Help:Contents/Account settings and maintenance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Campaign setting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A campaign setting is usually a fictional world which serves as a setting for a role-playing game or wargame campaign. A campaign is a series ...

Privacy Setting For New Facebook Users Aged 13-17 Now Defaults To ‘Friends’
Facebook is changing the initial default privacy setting for users aged 13 through 17 to friends, from friends of friends, but those teen users ...

Facebook changes default privacy settings for new users to friends-only
Facebook announced today a shift in privacy settings for new users. Now, when someone signs up for a profile, their default posting status is ...

Big Four banks accused of setting 'debt traps' with credit cards
The Big Four banks have been accused of using predatory advertising tactics on consumers when they are at their most vulnerable.

Big Four banks accused of setting 'debt traps' with credit cards
The Big Four banks have been accused of using predatory advertising tactics on consumers when they are at their most vulnerable.

RBA keen on shaking up interest rate benchmark setting
Regulators are looking to shake up the way interest rate benchmarks are set in response to a alleged manipulation of the rate and a sharp decline ...

Record-setting cold chills U.S. Northeast on Valentine’s Day
Residents of much of the northeastern United States woke up on Sunday to bone-chilling cold conditions that shattered Valentine's Day records ...

Ghostery 6.0 for Firefox redesigns UI, syncs settings with other devices
... immediately blocks all the trackers whatever their category on the current site. Most promising of all, there’s the start of a "sync settings" ...

These secret settings make any Android phone feel twice as fast
... Android smartphone start to feel a bit slow? Not if you follow the simple instructions in this post, which will show you some hidden settings ...