Query about Canon IP4000

At the moment, I am using an old Epson Stylus Color 600 and it works
GREAT!!! I use it mostly for correspondence and an occassional Greeting
Workshop effort. But, mostly business related. (I teach mathematics and WORD
and Math Type to create tests and prints just great on the old Epson!)

I now have a new digital camera (Canon A75). Rumor has it that I will be
getting an IP4000 as a birthday gift. My question: is this printer just good
for printing photos or will this also be superior to my Epson for the other
aforementioned uses.

Mel

0
MB_

MB_ wrote:
> At the moment, I am using an old Epson Stylus Color 600 and it works
> GREAT!!! I use it mostly for correspondence and an occassional
> Greeting Workshop effort. But, mostly business related. (I teach
> mathematics and WORD and Math Type to create tests and prints just
> great on the old Epson!)
> I now have a new digital camera (Canon A75). Rumor has it that I will
> be getting an IP4000 as a birthday gift. My question: is this printer
> just good for printing photos or will this also be superior to my
> Epson for the other aforementioned uses.
>
> Mel

Canon again...now people will say i'm canon fan again...
BUT...
ip4000 is just great when printing photos. It's just you must find proper
paper with it. First try original Canon's best - PP-101, then other ones and
see results. On Canon looks even better than lab ones.
I don't know your (or almost any) Epson (since i'm supposely an 'Epson
hater'), but Canon is fast with plain text also.

0
SleeperMan
12/26/2004 6:44:16 PM
The IP4000 is a dual use printer.  It has an additional pigmented black
cartridge for printing text.  It also prints full duplex and has 2 paper
feeds.  I keep standard paper in the cassette and use the top auto sheet
feeder for photos.  I have had this printer for a month and feel that it
is very good.  It is also faster than most.

MB_ wrote:

>At the moment, I am using an old Epson Stylus Color 600 and it works
>GREAT!!! I use it mostly for correspondence and an occassional Greeting
>Workshop effort. But, mostly business related. (I teach mathematics and WORD
>and Math Type to create tests and prints just great on the old Epson!)
>
>I now have a new digital camera (Canon A75). Rumor has it that I will be
>getting an IP4000 as a birthday gift. My question: is this printer just good
>for printing photos or will this also be superior to my Epson for the other
>aforementioned uses.
>
>Mel

0
measekite

Which Printer Should I buy? Canon IP4000, Canon I865, Epson R300
Which is the best printer? Main points below. 1. Accuracy when printing to CD/DVD (My old Epson 900 was a devil to set up) going off center and needed adjusting. 2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which printer performs best. 3. Print quality Photo / CD DVD To put it into perspective here are the best prices I have found for the printers so far. 1. Epson R300 �84.95 2. Canon I865 �119.99 3. Canon IP4000 �99.99 Thanks Mike I have the R300 and love it. I do not love the price of the replacement ink. I have printed about 200 DVD ...

Printer Server for Canon ip4000
Hi, I have tried connecting a Canon ip4000 (not R version) to a Hawking HPS1U printer server. It does not work, and Canon refuse to recommend a printer server. Does anybody know a printer server that does work with the ip4000? thanks, ...

Canon IP4000 cartridge query
I have a new Canon printer as mentioned above and we like the prints. Two questions: 1) About how many 4X6 photos can one get before needing a new cartridge(s)? So far, I have printed about 90 such pictures and from what I can tell, the cartridges APPEAR to be about 60% full. Is that about right? This leads to my second question: 2) I checked the cartridges by taking them out and kind of trying to eyeball them. It is still hard to tell how much ink is left. But, am I messinf up any sensors by checking the cartridges that way?? I assume from what I've read that when the ink gets very well the printer will know it via some optical method (bottom of cartridge will get clearer) so my checking it shouldn't mess that up. Is that correct? If not, how else can I check it? Mel The software does not act like a gas gague in a car. But is does provide you with 2 warnings for each cartridge in the printer. The first warning is when the ink gets low. The second or final warning is an out of ink warning. At this point the cartridge is not really out of ink totally but should be replaced. If you continue to use it you take the chance of burning your print head. This information is in the manual. MB_ wrote: >I have a new Canon printer as mentioned above and we like the prints. > >Two questions: > >1) About how many 4X6 photos can one get before needing a new cartridge(s)? >So far, I have printed about 90 ...

New Printer/Canon iP4000
Broke with tradition AND sense. Bought somethine other than an HP this time and didn't spend a week researching the subject and going into information overload :o Brought home a Canon iP4000. This printer will be used primarily for graphics (greeting cards) and text. I will do some photo printing on Ilford (Smooth Pearl) photo paper. Are there any inherant issues I need to know about? Someone told me that (unlike HP) I have to turn the printer off when not in use to keep the ink from wicking in the docking station. Then another said their Canon turned off automatically. I found "Auto Power" under the Maintenance Tab. Both were disabled. I enabled both and set Power off to 15 minutes. OK? And it doesn't say but I'm assuming the Auto "Power On" turns the printer on automatically when you start a print job (like the HP) Thanks, Monica Monica wrote: >Broke with tradition AND sense. Bought somethine other than an HP this >time and didn't spend a week researching the subject and going into >information overload :o Brought home a Canon iP4000. This printer will be >used primarily for graphics (greeting cards) and text. I will do some photo >printing on Ilford (Smooth Pearl) photo paper. Are there any inherant >issues I need to know about? Someone told me that (unlike HP) I have to >turn the printer off when not in use to keep the ink from wicking in the &g...

Canon Pixma IP4000 cartridge query
We recently got this printer and we like it. We are new to digital cameras/printing, so we have some elementary questions: Question: how will we know when one of the cartridges is empty? Will the printer flash and indicate which cartridge? Will it indicate on the computer? Also, when replacing the cartridge, I see there are 2 black cartridges: BCI-3EBK and BCI-6BK. What are the differences between the two. I assume if one goes, we have to replace it with the same cartridge. Correct? Finally, any thoughts on replacement brands. Should we use the far cheaper compatibles or stay with the Canon brand? MB "MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote in message news:Ub%Md.27731$0Y5.20412@fe06.lga... > We recently got this printer and we like it. We are new to digital > cameras/printing, so we have some elementary questions: > > Question: how will we know when one of the cartridges is empty? Will the > printer flash and indicate which cartridge? Will it indicate on the > computer? > > Also, when replacing the cartridge, I see there are 2 black cartridges: > BCI-3EBK and BCI-6BK. What are the differences between the two. I assume if > one goes, we have to replace it with the same cartridge. Correct? > > Finally, any thoughts on replacement brands. Should we use the far cheaper > compatibles or stay with the Canon brand? > > MB The first black is Canon's idea of Pigmented b...

Problem with Canon Pixma ip4000 printer
X-No-Archive My Canon Pixma ip4000 printer: I haven't used it in months, and barely used it all before then, but just 2 weeks after my warranty ran out it has decided to stop working. When power is turned on, the printer head refuses to snap-to the center; it behaves as if it's locked or a pulley (rubber band?) isn't working. The power light flashes alternatively orange and green (which, according to the manual indicates a possible "repair shop" problem.) Before I bring this to a shop and spend probably the amount I paid for it brand-new, is there a way of fi...

re: Canon Pixma IP4000 cartridge query
> In article PC Medic says... >> >> "colinco" <colincomma@yawhoo.com> wrote in message >> news:MPG.1c7bccd93dc33179898b9@news.xtra.co.nz... >> > In article PC Medic says... >> >> If your 'compatibles' have the prism then they are 'Refills' not >> >> compatibles >> >> as the cartridge design with the prism is patented by Canon and not >> >> licensed >> >> to anyone. >> >> >> > there are carts with modified design to sidestep the patent issue >> >> I have yet to see these, care to name a brand so I can check them out? >> >> >> >> > For info only, never used them > > " You may notice the compatible cartridge varies in its design when > compared to the original branded product. The Jet Tec compatible > cartridge is different because the design has been altered to ensure the > compatible cartridge does not infringe patents owned by the original > manufacturer. These changes will NOT affect the quality of the > printout." Absolutely. No prism will not effect quality of printout. It will effect the operation of the low ink sensor in that you will never get a warning due to no prism to reflect light back to the sensor. ...

Update on my Canon IP4000 post + new query
My original post is indicated below. Here's the update: I did receive the printer. I set it up. The first thing I did was print a page of text on each printer (the new Canon and the old Epson). Both were good, but the Epson seemed to be sharper. So, for text, I prefer the Epson. I then printed a photo on the Canon. IT WAS OUTSTANDING. It seemed just about as good as I can do at a store. Now another question: COST? The Canon comes with 5 cartridges. Suppose I print 4X6 photos. How many can I get out of these cartridges and how much does it cost to replace a cartridge? What about the compatibles? Are they as good? Mel (original post below): >>>>> At the moment, I am using an old Epson Stylus Color 600 and it works GREAT!!! I use it mostly for correspondence and an occassional Greeting Workshop effort. But, mostly business related. (I teach mathematics and use WORD and Math Type to create tests and it prints just great on the old Epson!) I now have a new digital camera (Canon A75). Rumor has it that I will be getting an IP4000 as a birthday gift. My question: is this printer just good for printing photos or will this also be superior to my Epson for the other aforementioned uses. Mel >> MB_ wrote: > My original post is indicated below. Here's the update: > > I did receive the printer. I set it up. The first thing I did was print a > page of text on each printer (the new Canon and th...

Canon iP4000 Printer "Fit To Page"
Yesterday I acquired a new Canon iP4000 ink jet printer. It has a "Fit To Page", "Scaled" print, and Print Preview features that work normally with a wide web page, or my favorite word processor. Today I received an email with a wide html attachment with a mix of graphics and long lines text. Try as I might, I was unable to force the printer to "Fit To Page", nor line wrap, nor scale, all selected within its preferences. The printer stubbornly refused to let me see the end of long lines, which were cut off. Even cut off several extra long li...

Printer ink level not changing in software
Hey all, Got a Canon ip4000 photo printer last night, and am enjoying it a great deal. I printed around 150 pages of black-and-white text, and then went to check the ink levels to see how efficient on ink this bad boy was going to be. I went into the Printer Utility, clicked on the ip4000 and clicked on "Utility" to get into the "Ink Levels" portion of the printer driver. As far as I can tell, the level looks full (in the software). I am dumb, and did not check visually to verify, but assumed the black ink should have lost at least a little bit of level after 150 pages...

Using both parallel & USB on same printer (Canon ip4000)
I have my Canon ip4000 on my home network with a parallel port print server appliance. It works great except that I cannot use the ink monitor software. Is there a configuration that would allow me to monitor the ink via the USB port, but print through the network, without encountering conflicts or print errors? How does the printer manage requests coming in on both ports? The port that I currently have defined in my driver settings is an "LPR" port. - David On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:04:14 -0400, "David D." <daviddiamond.remove-if-not-spam@comca...

Canon IP4000
Can anyone advise what the technical difference is between printing on the high and standard settings. Recently when I print using the high setting my blues are coming out more like violet but on the standard setting the colours are ok. This is the same on diff types of paper. I tried uninstalling & reinstalling the printer drivers without any joy. Ink is Jettec & that brand has been fine in the past. I've had the printer for nearly a year & now thinking of retiring it to the kids PC & buying a 5200 if I cant resolve it. Thanks for any help. In article ...

Which printer is best overall Canon IP4000 or Epson R300
For Disc Prints too? Thanks mark@manklow.fsbusiness.co.uk I chose the Canon ip4000 over the Epson R300 because is was substantially faster, had better photo quality, had better business document quality, had 2 paper feeds, and printed full duplex. Mark wrote: >For Disc Prints too? > >Thanks > >mark@manklow.fsbusiness.co.uk > > > > ...

Canon iP4000 and Epson C84 Printers
This week, the Los Angeles Times has advertisements from Fry's Electronics for a couple of interesting printers. Yesterday, it was the Epson C84, available for slightly _less_ than the cost of replacement ink cartridges for my current Epson C82 printer (about $70 US after mail-in rebate, of course). Today, it is a Canon iP4000 printer, which is said to have a faster print speed rating and to feature "built-in" two-sided printing, which might mean it is available under OS/2. The price is about $130 US + tax. I think I read recently that some Canon printer works...

Warning about Canon PIXMA iP3000/iP4000 series printers
We were considering buying a Canon PIXMA iP3000 because these are the first printers we have ever seen that finally quit ripping people off quite so much on ink. The whole printer ink jet market, until now, has been a scam, making you spend an average of $40-$60 buy new print heads and cartridges for all three colors because one color runs out. That is like having to replace your gas tank, fuel pump, radiator, water pump, windshield washer tank and wiper motors, because you ran out of gas or got too low on radiator fluid. Oh, and by the way, there are no gauges, or transparent tanks, and no ...

UPDATE: "Problem with Canon Pixma ip4000 printer"
I received a brand-new (refurbished? not sure) ip4000 Pixma tonight from Canon, even though my defective one was two weeks past warranty. And yes, it came with a new print head and new ink. So, thanks to this excellent customer service, my opinion on Canon has done a 180: (reversing my earlier, knee-jerk vow) I will definitely continue buying Canon products. Shnaggletooth shnaggletooth@yahoo.com wrote: >I received a brand-new (refurbished? not sure) ip4000 Pixma tonight >from Canon, even though my defective one was two weeks past warranty. >And yes, it came with a new p...

Canon Pixma IP4000, when does printer use BCI-3EBK cart ink
As subject Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is selected? Only when draft is selected? Thanks in advance tHatDudeUK wrote: > As subject > > Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is > selected? Only when draft is selected? > > Thanks in advance Normally it uses BCI3e all the time except when printing photos, so when photo or glossy paper is selected. When you print text and business documents with graphics. tHatDudeUK wrote: >As subject > >Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is selected? >Only when draft is selected? > >Thanks in advance > > > > Here is a quick test you can perform. Use a photo with quite a bit of black areas. Open the cover on the printer and use a small screwdriver to hold down the cover interlock so that you can actually see the ink being put on the paper. Print the same photo using different paper modes. The BCI-3 black (pigmented black) is deposited with a much wider path than the BCI-6 black. Note also that the BCI-3 black appears to be used only when in plain paper mode. All other modes use only the BCI-6 black. You will see this when observing the printing operation. The other thing you can do is to wet your fingertip and move it across the edge of the printed area onto the unprinted area. You will see a difference in the amount of ink smearing. -- Ron Cohen...

Re: Using both parallel & USB on same printer (Canon ip4000) Success!
Success! I defined my Canon ip4000 twice -- once as a USB printer; and once as an LPR printer that uses ethernet to a print server appliance to the printer's parallel port. It appears to work fine, with no conflicts. The USB interface is considerably faster, AND it enables me to use the Canon printer monitor software to monitor the ink supply. The LPR interface enables me to use the printer from any computer in the house, albeit without the ink monitoring. For the USB, I am using a 16-foot Belkin USB2 cable (gold contacts; 20-gauge conductors) that I got from amazon.com ...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

Web resources about - Query about Canon IP4000 - comp.periphs.printers

Flickr: Martini DK
I'd like to thank the *Generous Comments* group for choosing me as "Photographer of the week" in week 44 2006. I've been taking photos for a ...

Canon Ink Finder
Message Dialog Close Display Update Message Product Comparison The maximum number of products that can be compared is 4. Please refine your selection. ...

Canon's PIXMA printers
Press releases always amuse us. The smug satisfaction thatthis product will finally be the one to fix all your woes, thisprinter will be the ...

Edible Ink - Printing Cake Frosting
At PrintCountry.com, our vast collection of edible inks - printing cake frosting ranges from Canon, to Epson, to HP. We offer a wide list of ...

Printer Support
Printer Support - Support Forum for printers, scanners and multi function devices

My MacBook fan was roaring. Why?
The MacBook sounded like a jet engine. Fan running full blast. I figured out what was wrong, but it took longer than it should have. I wonder ...

Canon Ink Cartridges cheap Canon printer cartridges Canon inkjet cartridges
Buy cheap Canon Ink Cartridges from Cartridge Save.Canon Free delivery on printer cartridges Canon inkjet cartridges

Site Map
Office Mojo

Conference Telephone - Polycom Conferance Phone - Konftel Conferance
We supply Business Telephone Systems, Office Phone Systems, Nortel Meridian Norstar Telephone system, BT Versatility Phone Systems, BCM50 IP ...