Question about the waste ink tank in Canon IP5000 (and other Canon printers)

I've read this 'tank' contains ink from the cleaning cycles of the printer,
and a cleaning happens automatically every time ink cartridges are replaced.
So my question is how many times do I have to replace the cartridges with
new ones before an error message appears saying the tank is full? Anyone
taken a printer to Canon to have the tank emptied? How much did they charge?

0
Hg

The amount of ink consumed in the cleaning cycles when replacing tanks is
minimal, but cleaning cycles also occur based upon printer usage, time
intervals and when requested by the user. The deep cleaning routines use the
most ink. There have been many discussions on this newsgroup and in other
forums about the 'waste ink tank is full' messages and how to reset the
printer. Taking the printer to a repair facility may end up costing nearly
as much as a new printer. The tank isn't a bottle or container as the name
implies. It is an absorbent pad. If you don't go overboard with deep
cleaning cycles the chances are good that you'll not ever see this message
for your printer.
--
Ron

"Hg" <hg@gh.hg> wrote in message
> I've read this 'tank' contains ink from the cleaning cycles of the
> printer,
> and a cleaning happens automatically every time ink cartridges are
> replaced.
> So my question is how many times do I have to replace the cartridges with
> new ones before an error message appears saying the tank is full? Anyone
> taken a printer to Canon to have the tank emptied? How much did they
> charge?

0
drc023
7/30/2005 9:09:49 PM
"drc023" <d+r+c+0+2+3@sbcXXXglobalYYY.ZZZnet> wrote in message
> The amount of ink consumed in the cleaning cycles when replacing tanks is
> minimal, but cleaning cycles also occur based upon printer usage, time
> intervals and when requested by the user. The deep cleaning routines use
the
> most ink. There have been many discussions on this newsgroup and in other
> forums about the 'waste ink tank is full' messages and how to reset the
> printer. Taking the printer to a repair facility may end up costing nearly
> as much as a new printer. The tank isn't a bottle or container as the name
> implies. It is an absorbent pad. If you don't go overboard with deep
> cleaning cycles the chances are good that you'll not ever see this message
> for your printer.
> --
> Ron

Ah, but that's the point. I should have mentioned I'm not a light user of my
printer, but then again I'm not a very heavy user either. I install a new
set of cartridges every three to four weeks. So i'm guessing i'll get that
waste tank message sooner than most people.

0
Hg
7/30/2005 10:00:33 PM
"Hg" <hg@gh.hg> wrote in message

> "drc023" <d+r+c+0+2+3@sbcXXXglobalYYY.ZZZnet> wrote in message
>> The amount of ink consumed in the cleaning cycles when replacing tanks is
>> minimal, but cleaning cycles also occur based upon printer usage, time
>> intervals and when requested by the user. The deep cleaning routines use
> the
>> most ink. There have been many discussions on this newsgroup and in other
>> forums about the 'waste ink tank is full' messages and how to reset the
>> printer. Taking the printer to a repair facility may end up costing
>> nearly
>> as much as a new printer. The tank isn't a bottle or container as the
>> name
>> implies. It is an absorbent pad. If you don't go overboard with deep
>> cleaning cycles the chances are good that you'll not ever see this
>> message
>> for your printer.
>> --
>> Ron
>>

> Ah, but that's the point. I should have mentioned I'm not a light user of
> my
> printer, but then again I'm not a very heavy user either. I install a new
> set of cartridges every three to four weeks. So i'm guessing i'll get that
> waste tank message sooner than most people.

Go onto the following sites and read their info about the reset codes.  From
what I've read, you can get away with at least one reset once the warning
message comes up without any ink sloshing onto your new carpets.  You have
to do this when the warning first comes up as printing past the warning will
eventually lock up the printer and you will not be able to do the reset
code.

BTW, borderless printing hastens the fateful day also as the overspray past
the edges of the print also go into the "tank" and are counted in the
printer eprom.  I do nearly all borderless prints and I'll just deal with it
when it happens.

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/

http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html

0
Burt
7/30/2005 10:23:57 PM

Burt wrote:

>"Hg" <hg@gh.hg> wrote in message
>

>>"drc023" <d+r+c+0+2+3@sbcXXXglobalYYY.ZZZnet> wrote in message
>>

>>>The amount of ink consumed in the cleaning cycles when replacing tanks is
>>>minimal, but cleaning cycles also occur based upon printer usage, time
>>>intervals and when requested by the user. The deep cleaning routines use
>>>

>>the
>>

>>>most ink. There have been many discussions on this newsgroup and in other
>>>forums about the 'waste ink tank is full' messages and how to reset the
>>>printer. Taking the printer to a repair facility may end up costing
>>>nearly
>>>as much as a new printer. The tank isn't a bottle or container as the
>>>name
>>>implies. It is an absorbent pad. If you don't go overboard with deep
>>>cleaning cycles the chances are good that you'll not ever see this
>>>message
>>>for your printer.
>>>--
>>>Ron
>>>

>>Ah, but that's the point. I should have mentioned I'm not a light user of
>>my
>>printer, but then again I'm not a very heavy user either. I install a new
>>set of cartridges every three to four weeks. So i'm guessing i'll get that
>>waste tank message sooner than most people.
>>

>Go onto the following sites and read their info about the reset codes.  From
>what I've read, you can get away with at least one reset once the warning
>message comes up without any ink sloshing onto your new carpets.

If he is wrong they are your carpets not his

>You have
>to do this when the warning first comes up as printing past the warning will
>eventually lock up the printer and you will not be able to do the reset
>code.
>
>BTW, borderless printing hastens the fateful day also as the overspray past
>the edges of the print also go into the "tank" and are counted in the
>printer eprom.  I do nearly all borderless prints and I'll just deal with it
>when it happens.

These are his church sites.

>http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/
>
>http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html

0
measekite
7/30/2005 10:48:26 PM
"Hg" <hg@gh.hg> wrote in message

> "drc023" <d+r+c+0+2+3@sbcXXXglobalYYY.ZZZnet> wrote in message
>> The amount of ink consumed in the cleaning cycles when replacing tanks is
>> minimal, but cleaning cycles also occur based upon printer usage, time
>> intervals and when requested by the user. The deep cleaning routines use
> the
>> most ink. There have been many discussions on this newsgroup and in other
>> forums about the 'waste ink tank is full' messages and how to reset the
>> printer. Taking the printer to a repair facility may end up costing
>> nearly
>> as much as a new printer. The tank isn't a bottle or container as the
>> name
>> implies. It is an absorbent pad. If you don't go overboard with deep
>> cleaning cycles the chances are good that you'll not ever see this
>> message
>> for your printer.
>> --
>> Ron
>>

> Ah, but that's the point. I should have mentioned I'm not a light user of
> my
> printer, but then again I'm not a very heavy user either. I install a new
> set of cartridges every three to four weeks. So i'm guessing i'll get that
> waste tank message sooner than most people.

That isn't a heavy amount of usage. At that rate it should be a long time
before you encounter the message.

Ron

0
drc023
7/30/2005 11:59:19 PM
measekite wrote:

> Burt wrote:
>
>> "Hg" <hg@gh.hg> wrote in message
>>

>>> "drc023" <d+r+c+0+2+3@sbcXXXglobalYYY.ZZZnet> wrote in message

>>> the

>>> Ah, but that's the point. I should have mentioned I'm not a light
>>> user of my
>>> printer, but then again I'm not a very heavy user either. I install a
>>> new
>>> set of cartridges every three to four weeks. So i'm guessing i'll get
>>> that
>>> waste tank message sooner than most people.
>>>

>> Go onto the following sites and read their info about the reset
>> codes.  From what I've read, you can get away with at least one reset
>> once the warning message comes up without any ink sloshing onto your
>> new carpets.
>

> If he is wrong they are your carpets not his
>
>> You have to do this when the warning first comes up as printing past
>> the warning will eventually lock up the printer and you will not be
>> able to do the reset code.
>>
>> BTW, borderless printing hastens the fateful day also as the overspray
>> past the edges of the print also go into the "tank" and are counted in
>> the printer eprom.  I do nearly all borderless prints and I'll just
>> deal with it when it happens.
>>

> These are his church sites.
>
>> http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/
>>
>> http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html

Burt provides valuable, unbiased information. You provide nothing other
than your typical bullshit diatribe.
WTF is wrong with you?
Are you really as stupid as you appear to be in this ng?
I find that hard to believe as only a brain dead moron or a New Orleans
pimp or a penile neck geek could ever be as outright dumb as you appear
to be.
Have you had your brain (what's left of it) checked lately? Or did you
check it at the door.
Try to think before you answer.
Frank
0
Frank
--------------030908090108090903080701

Frank wrote:

> measekite wrote:
>

>> Burt wrote:
>>
>>> "Hg" <hg@gh.hg> wrote in message

>>> Go onto the following sites and read their info about the reset
>>> codes.  From what I've read, you can get away with at least one
>>> reset once the warning message comes up without any ink sloshing
>>> onto your new carpets.
>>

>> If he is wrong they are your carpets not his
>>
>>> You have to do this when the warning first comes up as printing past
>>> the warning will eventually lock up the printer and you will not be
>>> able to do the reset code.
>>>
>>> BTW, borderless printing hastens the fateful day also as the
>>> overspray past the edges of the print also go into the "tank" and
>>> are counted in the printer eprom.  I do nearly all borderless prints
>>> and I'll just deal with it when it happens.
>>>

>> These are his church sites.
>>
>>> http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/
>>>
>>> http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html
>>>

> Burt provides valuable, unbiased information. You provide nothing
> other than your typical bullshit diatribe.
> WTF is wrong with you?
> Are you really as stupid as you appear to be in this ng?
> I find that hard to believe as only a brain dead moron or a New
> Orleans pimp or a penile neck geek could ever be as outright dumb as
> you appear to be.
> Have you had your brain (what's left of it) checked lately? Or did you
> check it at the door.
> Try to think before you answer.
> Frank

Burt provides *invaluable, biased information*. Frank provides nothing
other than his typical bullshit diatribe.
WTF is wrong with you Frankie Crankie?
Are you really as stupid as you appear to be in this ng?
I find that hard to believe as only a brain dead moron or a New Orleans
pimp or a penile neck geek could ever be as outright dumb as you appear
to be.
Have you had your brain (what's left of it) checked lately? Or did you
check it at the door.
Try to think before you answer.

No the old fart Burtie Furtie claims he killfiled measekit.  Let see how
long the old bastard will last.  He will see a lot of my stuff when I
reply to other church members and da lowlife rodent Frankie Crankie
Snakie Dingbat will always keep me in the spotlight because he is so
stupid I just cannot believe it.  Burtie Furtie will have to killfile
Frankie Crankie if he does not like my Posts.
Frankie Crankie is my implement.  I post through that jerk so all of the
ng cannot killfile me.

--------------030908090108090903080701

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Frank wrote:<br>
wrote:
Burt wrote:
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:42ebf7a2$0$78316$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net">news:42ebf7a2$0$78316$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net</a>...
&nbsp;
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:d+r+c+0+2+3@sbcXXXglobalYYY.ZZZnet">&lt;d+r+c+0+2+3@sbcXXXglobalYYY.ZZZnet&gt;</a> wrote in message
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:x0SGe.2316$oY.1244@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net">news:x0SGe.2316$oY.1244@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net</a>...
&nbsp; <br>
cleaning cycles when replacing tanks is
minimal, but cleaning cycles also occur based upon printer usage, time
intervals and when requested by the user. The deep cleaning routines
use
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </blockquote>
the
&nbsp; <br>
discussions on this newsgroup and in other
forums about the 'waste ink tank is full' messages and how to reset the
printer. Taking the printer to a repair facility may end up costing
nearly
as much as a new printer. The tank isn't a bottle or container as the
name
implies. It is an absorbent pad. If you don't go overboard with deep
cleaning cycles the chances are good that you'll not ever see this
message
for your printer.
--&nbsp;<br>
Ron
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </blockquote>
Ah, but that's the point. I should have mentioned I'm not a light user
of my
printer, but then again I'm not a very heavy user either. I install a
new
set of cartridges every three to four weeks. So i'm guessing i'll get
that
waste tank message sooner than most people.
&nbsp; </blockquote>
Go onto the following sites and read their info about the reset codes.&nbsp;
From what I've read, you can get away with at least one reset once the
warning message comes up without any ink sloshing onto your new
carpets. </blockquote>
If he is wrong they are your carpets not his
comes up as printing past the warning will eventually lock up the
printer and you will not be able to do the reset code.
BTW, borderless printing hastens the fateful day also as the overspray
past the edges of the print also go into the "tank" and are counted in
the printer eprom.&nbsp; I do nearly all borderless prints and I'll just
deal with it when it happens.
&nbsp;
These are his church sites.
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html">http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html</a>
&nbsp;
&nbsp;
Burt provides valuable, unbiased information. You provide nothing other
than your typical bullshit diatribe.
WTF is wrong with you?
Are you really as stupid as you appear to be in this ng?
I find that hard to believe as only a brain dead moron or a New Orleans
pimp or a penile neck geek could ever be as outright dumb as you appear
to be.
Have you had your brain (what's left of it) checked lately? Or did you
check it at the door.
Try to think before you answer.
Frank
Burt provides <b>invaluable, biased information</b>. Frank provides
nothing other than his typical bullshit diatribe.
WTF is wrong with you Frankie Crankie?
Are you really as stupid as you appear to be in this ng?
I find that hard to believe as only a brain dead moron or a New Orleans
pimp or a penile neck geek could ever be as outright dumb as you appear
to be.
Have you had your brain (what's left of it) checked lately? Or did you
check it at the door.
Try to think before you answer.
No the old fart Burtie Furtie claims he killfiled measekit.&nbsp; Let see
how long the old bastard will last.&nbsp; He will see a lot of my stuff when
I reply to other church members and da lowlife rodent Frankie Crankie
Snakie Dingbat will always keep me in the spotlight because he is so
stupid I just cannot believe it.&nbsp; Burtie Furtie will have to killfile
Frankie Crankie if he does not like my Posts.<br>
Frankie Crankie is my implement.&nbsp; I post through that jerk so all of
the ng cannot killfile me.<br>

--------------030908090108090903080701--
0
measekite
7/31/2005 4:58:40 PM
measekite wrote:

> Frank wrote:
>
>> measekite wrote:

>>> If he is wrong they are your carpets not his

>>> These are his church sites.

>> Burt provides valuable, unbiased information. You provide nothing
>> other than your typical bullshit diatribe.
>> WTF is wrong with you?
>> Are you really as stupid as you appear to be in this ng?
>> I find that hard to believe as only a brain dead moron or a New
>> Orleans pimp or a penile neck geek could ever be as outright dumb as
>> you appear to be.
>> Have you had your brain (what's left of it) checked lately? Or did you
>> check it at the door.
>> Try to think before you answer.
>> Frank
>

> Burt provides *invaluable, biased information*. Frank provides nothing
> other than his typical bullshit diatribe.
> WTF is wrong with you Frankie Crankie?
> Are you really as stupid as you appear to be in this ng?
> I find that hard to believe as only a brain dead moron or a New Orleans
> pimp or a penile neck geek could ever be as outright dumb as you appear
> to be.
> Have you had your brain (what's left of it) checked lately? Or did you
> check it at the door.
> Try to think before you answer.
>
> No the old fart Burtie Furtie claims he killfiled measekit.  Let see how
> long the old bastard will last.  He will see a lot of my stuff when I
> reply to other church members and da lowlife rodent Frankie Crankie
> Snakie Dingbat will always keep me in the spotlight because he is so
> stupid I just cannot believe it.  Burtie Furtie will have to killfile
> Frankie Crankie if he does not like my Posts.
> Frankie Crankie is my implement.  I post through that jerk so all of the
> ng cannot killfile me.

You are in fact, just as stupid as your post make you appear to be.
You're up to your old tricks again, changing others post.
Obviously this post will go directly to abuse@ your ISP. Sooner or
later, your be net-less and we will no longer have to put up with your
ignorant, stupid bullshit.
Frank
0
Frank
--------------080503050605060509050605

Frank wrote:

> [...]

check it at the door.
Try to think before you answer.

No the old fart Burtie Furtie claims he killfiled measekit.  Let see how
long the old bastard will last.  He will see a lot of my stuff when I
reply to other church members and da lowlife rodent Frankie Crankie
Snakie Dingbat will always keep me in the spotlight because he is so
stupid I just cannot believe it.  Burtie Furtie will have to killfile
Frankie Crankie if he does not like my Posts.
Frankie Crankie is my implement.  I post through that jerk so all of the
ng cannot killfile me.

You are in fact, just as stupid as your post make you appear to be.
You're up to your old tricks again, changing others post.
Obviously this post will go directly to abuse@ your ISP. Sooner or
later, your be net-less and we will no longer have to put up with your

Hey idiot,  I just copied your post.  It ain't copyrighted.  You
dumbell.  My ISP thinks you are a dickhead.
*
YOU ARE MY IMPLEMENT.*

wrote:
Frank wrote:
Burt wrote:
[...]
From what I've read, you can get away with at least one reset once the
[...]
Hey idiot,&nbsp; I just copied your post.&nbsp; It ain't copyrighted.&nbsp; You
dumbell.&nbsp; My ISP thinks you are a dickhead.&nbsp; <br>
<b><br>
YOU ARE MY IMPLEMENT.</b><br>

--------------080503050605060509050605--
0
measekite
7/31/2005 9:22:27 PM
measekite wrote:

> [...]
> long the old bastard will last.  He will see a lot of my stuff when I
> reply to other church members and da lowlife rodent Frankie Crankie
> Snakie Dingbat will always keep me in the spotlight because he is so
> stupid I just cannot believe it.  Burtie Furtie will have to killfile
> Frankie Crankie if he does not like my Posts.
> Frankie Crankie is my implement.  I post through that jerk so all of the
> ng cannot killfile me.
>
> You are in fact, just as stupid as your post make you appear to be.
> You're up to your old tricks again, changing others post.
> Obviously this post will go directly to abuse@ your ISP. Sooner or
> later, your be net-less and we will no longer have to put up with your
> ignorant, stupid bullshit.
>
> Hey idiot,  I just copied your post.  It ain't copyrighted.  You
> dumbell.  My ISP thinks you are a dickhead.

hahaha...well we'll see about you moron. You fall for it every time.
You've got to be the most stupid idiot to ever own a computer.
BTW, thanks!
Frank
0
Frank
7/31/2005 11:37:33 PM

Frank wrote:

> [...]

Snakie Dingbat will always keep me in the spotlight because he is so
stupid I just cannot believe it.  Burtie Furtie will have to killfile
Frankie Crankie if he does not like my Posts.
Frankie Crankie is my implement.  I post through that jerk so all of the
ng cannot killfile me.

You are in fact, just as stupid as your post make you appear to be.
You're up to your old tricks again, changing others post.
Obviously this post will go directly to abuse@ your ISP. Sooner or
later, your be net-less and we will no longer have to put up with your
ignorant, stupid bullshit.

Hey idiot,  I just copied your post.  It ain't copyrighted.  You
dumbell.  My ISP thinks you are a dickhead. *
YOU ARE MY IMPLEMENT.*

hahaha...well we'll see about you moron. You fall for it every time.
You've got to be the most stupid idiot to ever own a computer.
8/1/2005 4:46:05 AM
measekite wrote:

> Burt provides **invaluable, biased information**.

hahaha...ever go to school you ingrate lowlife moron. I agree 100%, Burt
does provide "invaluable" information.
You're a real idiot and prove it with every post.
Invaluable = Of inestimable value; priceless:
How funny just how stupid you really are.
Frank
0
Frank
8/1/2005 5:03:58 AM

Frank wrote:

> measekite wrote:
>

>> Burt provides **invaluable, biased information**.
>

> hahaha...ever go to school you ingrate lowlife moron. I agree 100%,
> Burt does provide "invaluable" information.
> You're a real idiot and prove it with every post.
> Invaluable = Of inestimable value; priceless:
> How funny just how stupid you really are.
> Frank

hahaha...ever go to school you ingrate lowlife moron. I agree 100%, Burt
does provide  information of little biased value..
You're a real idiot and prove it with every post.
How funny just how stupid you really are.
What a big asshole lowlife piece of shit you really are.
0
measekite
8/1/2005 3:51:38 PM
measekite wrote:

> Frank wrote:
>
>> measekite wrote:
>>

>>> Burt provides **invaluable, biased information**.
>>

>> hahaha...ever go to school you ingrate lowlife moron. I agree 100%,
>> Burt does provide "invaluable" information.
>> You're a real idiot and prove it with every post.
>> Invaluable = Of inestimable value; priceless:
>> How funny just how stupid you really are.
>> Frank
>

> hahaha...ever go to school you ingrate lowlife moron. I agree 100%, Burt
> does provide  information of little biased value..
> You're a real idiot and prove it with every post.
> How funny just how stupid you really are.
> What a big asshole lowlife piece of shit you really are.

Pathetic! Is that the best you can do you fuckwit moron loser.
Frank
0
Frank
--------------060002040509020905040208

Frank wrote:

> measekite wrote:
>

>> Frank wrote:

>>> hahaha...ever go to school you ingrate lowlife moron. I agree 100%,
>>> Burt does provide "invaluable" information.
>>> You're a real idiot and prove it with every post.
>>> Invaluable = Of inestimable value; priceless:
>>> How funny just how stupid you really are.
>>> Frank
>>

>> hahaha...ever go to school you ingrate lowlife moron. I agree 100%,
>> Burt does provide  information of little biased value..
>> You're a real idiot and prove it with every post.
>> How funny just how stupid you really are.
>> What a big asshole lowlife piece of shit you really are.
>

> Pathetic! Is that the best you can do you fuckwit moron loser.
> Frank

*Pathetic! Is that the best you can do you fuckwit moron loser.*

--------------060002040509020905040208

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Frank wrote:<br>
wrote:
Frank wrote:
Burt provides **invaluable, biased information**. </blockquote>
hahaha...ever go to school you ingrate lowlife moron. I agree 100%,
Burt does provide "invaluable" information.
You're a real idiot and prove it with every post.
Invaluable = Of inestimable value; priceless:
How funny just how stupid you really are.
Frank
hahaha...ever go to school you ingrate lowlife moron. I agree 100%,
Burt does provide&nbsp; information of little biased value..
You're a real idiot and prove it with every post.
How funny just how stupid you really are.
What a big asshole lowlife piece of shit you really are.
Pathetic! Is that the best you can do you fuckwit moron loser.
Frank
<b>Pathetic! Is that the best you can do you fuckwit moron loser.</b>

--------------060002040509020905040208--
0
measekite
8/1/2005 9:38:36 PM
measekite wrote:

> Frank wrote:
>
>> measekite wrote:

>>> hahaha...ever go to school you ingrate lowlife moron. I agree 100%,
>>> Burt does provide  information of little biased value..
>>> You're a real idiot and prove it with every post.
>>> How funny just how stupid you really are.
>>> What a big asshole lowlife piece of shit you really are.
>>

>> Pathetic! Is that the best you can do you fuckwit moron loser.
>> Frank
>

> *Pathetic! Is that the best you can do you fuckwit moron loser.*

So  it is huh! Well we could've guessed at that one.
Loser.
Frank
0
Frank
8/2/2005 4:45:16 AM

Frank wrote:

> measekite wrote:
>

>> Frank wrote:

>>> Pathetic! Is that the best you can do you fuckwit moron loser.
>>> Frank
>>

>> *Pathetic! Is that the best you can do you fuckwit moron loser.*
>

> So  it is huh! Well we could've guessed at that one.
> Loser. Frank

hahaha...ever go to school you ingrate lowlife moron. I agree 100%, Burt
does provide  information of little biased value..
You're a real idiot and prove it with every post.
How funny just how stupid you really are.
What a big asshole lowlife piece of shit you really are.

Pathetic! Is that the best you can do you fuckwit moron loser.
Frank

*Pathetic! Is that the best you can do you fuckwit moron loser.*
0
measekite

Printer Ink

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Canon Pixma IP3000 printer ink question
Basically, I`m looking at getting one of these printers, but spotted 2 different black ink carts, the BCI-3eBk and the BCI-6. The BCI-3eBK seems to be slightly more expensive than the BCI-6. Anyone got a clue what the difference is? Also, I was looking at an Epson R200 - is there any reason I should be panicking to cancel my order for a Canon and go for the Epson? -- What am I selling on ebay right now? http://tinyurl.com/38yjc Earn money reading emails! http://tinyurl.com/2pcgm Simon Finnigan wrote: >Basically, I`m looking at getting one of these printers, but s...

Canon printer waste ink service warning
Just thought Id post some information on this... All inkjet printers have to clean the jets to keep the printer working - they clean the jets by sending ink (wasted) through the jets. 1. The first warning came up at wasteink 95 percent full. The warning can be bypassed at this stage (resume button), But there comes a time presumably at hitting 100 percent when the printer wont print at all any more without action. The counter takes into account the pages and the cleaning cycles of various types undertaken. 2. This printer (IP4000) had done 10,300 print pages. Home use not commercial,...

How to clean waste tank/pad on Canon S820 printer
While I figured that due to a price under $100 I'd be much better off in just picking up a new S820 instead of messing with trying to fix the clogged printhead on my first one, now that I have 2 machines, I thought that I'd take a shot at cleaning out the other one. By a Google search, I saw reference to cleaning the pad and waste tank in the printhead. In examining the printhead after taking it out of the clogged unit, I'm unable to see just where this is. I presume that it is somewhere inside the actual printhead piece but would certainly appreciate it if someone could poi...

Canon Printer Question
I have just bought a Canon i450 printer. (PC Win 98 SE with USB connection) It works great, but what is the annoying"mechanical cycle" it goes through for about a minute everytime I have finished a print. Before I call Canon and whinge, does anyone have any similar experiences, or is it a faulty printer? "LGordon" <Lindsay.J.Gordon@team.telstra.com> wrote in message news:bhbog8$1lr$1@mws-stat-syd.cdn.telstra.com.au... > I have just bought a Canon i450 printer. > (PC Win 98 SE with USB connection) > It works great, but what is the annoying&quo...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

S400 Canon printer wont print, waste tank full, how to reset EEPROM?
Hi all, They charge 15.00$ for the waste tank and 89.00$ to replace it... a new printer cost 149.00$, obviously the want me to trash it! but i'm willing to waste a bit of my time to save a bit of pollution... how can i reset the EEPROM or the MCU to original content? and how to empty that tank, any help is welcome. Please reply to the newsgroup because the email address doesnot exist! Jos Patate ...

Canon 4 ink Vs 6 ink printers
Is there much different in photo print quality between Canon, or any other manufactuers for that matter, 4 and 6 ink printers? Been looking at the iP5200 and iP6600D printers. Not really sure the card slots and screen are worth the extra money over the iP5200 but do these *and* the 6 ink system of the iP6600 make it worth considering over the iP5200? In the UK the iP5200 can be had for around �115 and the iP6600D for around �170. Jack Torrence wrote: >Is there much different in photo print quality between Canon, or any other >manufactuers for that matter, 4 and 6 ink printers? > > YES. WHEN USING OEM INK CANON HAS MORE LIFE AND SNAP TO THE PHOTOS THAN THE COMPETING BRANDS. THE OEM INK ALSO COSTS LESS >Been looking at the iP5200 and iP6600D printers. > I WOULD SAY THAT THE IP5200 IS A BETTER BET IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE A COMPUTER TO EDIT YOUR PHOTOS WITH DECENT SOFTWARE. >Not really sure the card >slots and screen are worth the extra money > THEY ARE A WASTE JUST LIKE THE IP6000 THAT WAS INFERIOR >over the iP5200 but do these >*and* the 6 ink system of the iP6600 make it worth considering over the >iP5200? > > ABSOLUTLEY NOT >In the UK the iP5200 can be had for around �115 and the iP6600D for around >�170. > > PUT YOUR MONEY IN OEM INK > > > measekite wrote: > > Jack Torrence wrote: > > >Is there much diffe...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

Canon Pixma Ip5000 Printer
Canon Compatible (9) Pack BCI-3eBk/BCI-6 (3BCI-3eBk / 2BCI-6C/2BCI-6M/2BCI-6Y) for Canon i560 etc Price:$75.00 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000C159LW Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000C159LW 15 Pack Canon BCI-6 BCI-3e Compatible Ink Cartridges for Pixma i860 iP4000 iP5000 MP750 MP760 MP780 Price:$13.50 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001IT224Y Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001IT224Y 20 Pack BCI-6 BCI-3e Compatible Ink Cartridges for Canon Pixma i860 iP4000 iP5000 MP750 MP760 MP780 Price:$22.95 Image: http://bestdealfin...

Your Ink for Espon Canon printer
special offer suitable for all Epson Canon inkjet printer , welcom to visit http://xibase.net/products.php or tel 2683 2829 , free delivery. ...

Canon I860 printer questions
I'm thinking of buying this tonight. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions? I will be using it for school. Could someone tell me the best type of paper to use or at least a good paper to use for printing text and pictures from the internet? TIA lordmajax wrote: >I'm thinking of buying this tonight. I was wondering if anyone had any >opinions? I will be using it for school. Could someone tell me the best type >of paper to use or at least a good paper to use for printing text and >pictures from the internet? TIA For basic text and graphics, any coated p...

Canon printer ink usage
Strange problem! I purchased a new computer a little more than a year ago. Along with it I got a Canon Pixma MP520 printer. As all new printers, it had four new ink cartridges in it. I set up the software so it only printed black and grey. There were no colors involved. The other day it complained (slightly over a year's use) that it was running out of Cyan. I replaced the Cyan cartridge and it began working again. Bit I noticed the cartridge I removed was 40-50% full of ink. Two things occur to me: (1) Why would it be reported as empty? (2) Why would it be emp...

Canon Pixma Printer Ink
5-Pack Non-OEM Ink w/ Chip for Canon PGI-5BK CLI-8 Pixma MP500 MP530 MP600 MP800 iP4200 iP4300 iP4500 iP5200 iP5200 Price:$8.91 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001IO6DEY Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001IO6DEY Canon Pixma Pro9000 Professional Large Format Inkjet Printer (9995A001) Price:$499.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000J1HPK8 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000J1HPK8 6 Pack (3xBlack + 1 of Each Color) Compatible Ink w/ Chip for Canon Pixma iP3300 iP3500 MP510 MX700 PGI-5BK CLI-8 Price:$21.45 Image: http://bestdea...

Aftermarket ink for Canon printer
A aftermarket ink store is selling out their stock of Liberty Canon carts because they are changing suppliers. I don't know if it is because of problems or price points. If I mix Liberty carts with Canon-brande ones will the results be satisfactory? I'm particularly concerned with gumming up the print head om my M600. Brendan mixing carts shouldn't matter don't forget when you run out of a cartridge your not mixing the inks in the printhead its only being mixed on the paper www.bizco.com.au "Brendan R. Wehrung" <ck183@FreeNet.Carleton.CA>...

Replacement Ink for Canon printer
I have the Canon MP 780 all in one and it uses the number 6 black 3e black and 6 yellow 6 magenta and 6 Cyan where can I purchase replacements or should use refills if refills our available for a good price? "Kenneth Maultsby" <kmaultsby@verizon.net> wrote in message news:UogEe.426$Eo3.416@trnddc08... >I have the Canon MP 780 all in one and it uses the number 6 black 3e black >and 6 yellow 6 magenta and 6 Cyan where can I purchase replacements or >should use refills if refills our available for a good price? > Country? Region? For bulk...

Generic inks for CANON printers?
I just ordered a canon ip3000 after my 6th and last epson C82 warranty replacement broke. I was wondering if use of generic inks from ebay will be a problem with the canon printer. I know that epson uses durabrite which the generics can't duplicate, but canon doesn't use this feature so would generics be ok? On the bright side genuine canon inks are alot cheaper than epson so thats a plus, but for the price of a set of genuines I can get 3-4 sets on ebay for half the price. It's tempting! Can anyone say anything positive about generic inks in the canon printers? ...

canon I860 printer question
I thought I had posted a previous request about info for the correct paper to use when printing in text-only but I don't see my message so I'm requestiong it again. I have quite a bit of homework and syllabi to print out and I sometimes need to highlight area. However, when I try to highlight the black ink just smears. My setting are draft and plain paper. My paper is Office Depot's recycled paper. Any help on what type of paper to use would be great. Michael On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 05:58:37 GMT, lordmajax wrote: >I thought I had posted a previous request about info ...

Canon S300 printer and GPL driver from canon.jp
hi everyone Like many other users, I'm experiencing problems with my Canon S300 printer. Today I've found a page at linuxprinting.org that state that Canon has released GPLed drivers for S300 in Japan ( http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Canon-S300 ). It's actually true: http://cweb.canon.jp/drv-upd/bj/bjlinux210.html Since I cannot understand japanese and babelfish isn't helping so much I tried to install them without much luck. I downloaded and installed (I'm running Mandrake 10 rc1) bjfilterbjs300-2.1-0.i386.rpm, bjfiltercups-2.2-0.i386.rpm, bjfilte...

Web resources about - Question about the waste ink tank in Canon IP5000 (and other Canon printers) - comp.periphs.printers

Julie Bishop to question China's island reclamations in the South China Sea
Foreign Minister Julie Bishop says she will ask the Chinese Government how it intends to use newly reclaimed islands in the South China Sea. ...

Five Questions With Cannes PR Lions Jury President John Clinton
The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity has appointed John Clinton, chair, Canada and North American head of creative and content ...

Morrison needs the answer, not just the question (and what was the question)
The Coalition is offering some tax cuts to offset bracket creep, but nothing on tax reform. Scott Morrison has posed the question for voters ...

“Did Obama assassinate Scalia?” just became a serious question in the Republican primary
Donald Trump: Scalia death truther. Not satisfied with the explanation that sometimes overweight 79 year-olds die in their sleep, Donald Trump ...

Question of the Day: What are the best-, worst-sounding V6 engines?
Filed under: Automotive History Getting a good sound out of a V6 isn't easy. Some companies have pulled off the feat; others didn't even try. ...

The Question: Is It Crazy to Think Conor McGregor Might Fight Robbie Lawler? - Bleacher Report
“We’re just going to take it one game at a time.” If you’ve watched sports, any sport, you’ve heard that tired cliche thousands of times...

Asked "What's your greatest hope for the next 10 years?" — who resisted the question the most?
You hear, in order, from Heather Hurlburt, Bill Scher, Matt Lewis, Sarah Posner, Robert Farley, Megan McArdle, Matthew Yglesias, Andrew Sullivan, ...

MARK CUBAN: Bloomberg should run for president, but there's one big question about his viability
Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban thinks fellow billionaire Michael Bloomberg would be a positive addition to the 2016 presidential race. "I'd ...

Questions, conspiracy theories surround Scalia's death - Videos - CBS News
Donald Trump is talking about conspiracy theories that claim Justice Antonin Scalia may have died of foul play. Texas authorities did not do ...