Queue of printer cycles, but printer does not print

Hi,

we have two printers in our network, both connected to a different computer.
When installed, they worked well, but now and then they refuse to print and
they show a strange bahaviour.

When looking in the Queue (Spooler), the print jobs are cycling.
So, the first becomes the last while the second becomes the first, thirt
becomes second, etc

When we restart the computer, the printer starts printing, just befor
shutdown.
We Run XP-pro.

Any ideas?????

Thanks,
Ben

0
Ben

By the way,

it is an old panasonic matrix printer (used for labels) and a HP officejet
HP 1170c, both connected to a parallel port.

Greetz,
Ben

"Ben de Vette" <Ben.de.Vette@profiler.nl> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> we have two printers in our network, both connected to a different
computer.
> When installed, they worked well, but now and then they refuse to print
and
> they show a strange bahaviour.
>
> When looking in the Queue (Spooler), the print jobs are cycling.
> So, the first becomes the last while the second becomes the first, thirt
> becomes second, etc
>
> When we restart the computer, the printer starts printing, just befor
> shutdown.
> We Run XP-pro.
>
> Any ideas?????
>
> Thanks,
> Ben

0
Ben

Printer Ink

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

IE - Print to Default Printer
Hello, I have an .asp page that needs to print multiple, seperate text documents to 1 printer. That one printer could be any printer based on the user. I aldready have the hDC (Device Context) of their desired printer on a previous page. I simply want to do the Window.print or some other method to print these documents without having the Print Dialog box display forceing the user to select the same printer over and over again. This can be in either JavaScript or VBScript for all I care. Heck, even .Net if need-be. I just really need help. TIA, Kevin ...

necessary to install printer driver for shared printer on computer that is not attached to printer?
We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is it necessary to install the HP drivers on the Win 7 computer in addition to the XP computer? best, Aaron From: <aaronep@pacbell.net> > We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We > have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP > computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is > it necessary to in...

How can I send a print to a different printer than the default printer?
I want to send my print to a different printer than the default printer. The only argument i have is the 'cDevice'. Is it possible to do that ? Regards George Hi George, try this: FUNCTION SetDefaultPrinter(cPrinter AS STRING) AS LOGIC // Set the given printer to be the default printer // cPrinter: name of printer to be made default // returns: whether successful LOCAL hPrinter AS PTR LOCAL pInfo AS _WinPrinter_Info_2 LOCAL size AS DWORD LOCAL done AS LOGIC IF OpenPrinter(String2Psz(cPrinter), @hPrinter, NULL_PTR) GetPrinter(hPrinter, 2, NULL_PTR, 0, @size)...

A printer attached to Windows report printer faulted printing
Does anybody knows how to solve this error? The output below is from a printer attached to an Windows Server root@sapunx10 # lpstat -p BAPRIP01 printer BAPRIP01 faulted printing BAPRIP01-0. enabled since Dec 28 11:03 2006. available. Windows NT LPD Server Printer BAPRIP01 Owner Status Jobname Job-Id Size Pages Priority ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- root (10.0. Waiting /etc/apache/httpd-s 1326 9402 0 1 cbpadm (10. Waiting /usr/sap/CBP/D01/da 240...

A Virtual Printer That Lets You Print Big Posters With ANY Printer
I want to announce a utility program I've published -- free software, GPL, this is not a commercial advertisement (and I don't ask for donations either) -- for the creation of posters . I think it could make it much easier for all kinds of interest groups to communicate their message. Basically, you can create a poster from anything you can print to a single page on your normal printer. The poster can be big -- 5 feet, or more, on a side, if you want. You can use any application to make it. You can grab an image from the internet using your web browser, for example. ...

I am told that if you take a piece of paper that you printed on, put it back in the printer, and print on it again, that this will hurt the printer. Is this true?
I am told that if you take a piece of paper that you printed on, put it back in the printer, and print on it again, that this will hurt the printer. Is this true? "Enda80" <fasb80@gmail.com> wrote in message news:a1ec1b40-d0e7-4824-aa7d-c968a5a6a654@z66g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... >I am told that if you take a piece of paper that you printed on, put > it back in the printer, and print on it again, that this will hurt > the > printer. Is this true? I did it once and the printer was so hurt it bawled like a baby for 15 minutes! "Enda80&qu...

ATTAC "On the Fly printing" printing to default printer regardless of printer choice in dialog box.
Our application has used this PrintersClass module for some time without a problem but some new Toughbooks have caused problems. We use laser printers, usually the default choice, and some label printers. The label printers use the Seagull Scientific print drivers. The new notebooks will not print to the selected label printers even though the default printer for the report comes up in the dialog box as the selected printer. Even if you redundantly select this label printer again, before selecting print, you get the label printed to the user profile's default printer instead of the selecte...

Printer addendum for HP printer

Printer vs printer vs ...
I have an old HP. If I load a graphic into Mozilla it will print to the HP. If I load a graphic into PMView it will not print. Why? Jim L -- If you think people are out to get you you're paranoid. If you think people are out to get anybody they can what are you? Sir: inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote: > I have an old HP. If I load a graphic into Mozilla it will print to the > HP. If I load a graphic into PMView it will not print. Why? > PMview has a size limitation. Look in the re-size option to see the largest size to which it will convert a picture. In ...

Phaser printers and LED printers
I have need to purchase, for a small office environment, a printer for color brochures. It needs to handle speeds in the 10-20 pages per minute range and mainly for letter size paper. Target price is $1000-1200. I prefer something other than inkjet printers for this application, and recent color laser printer output I've seen is quite good. There seem to be several models from the major manufacturers available for under a grand, but they seem to cluster around 4 pages per minute in color, which is too slow. We will be printing runs of a few hundred pages at a time, probably...

Installed Printers
Hi, We want to make it possible for our Users to link a printer to a document type. Doing that we need to know how we can load the installed printers on the client system and how we can autoselect an printer using JavaScript Thanks in advice Jo Jo Claes wrote: > Hi, > > We want to make it possible for our Users to link a printer to a document > type. > Doing that we need to know how we can load the installed printers on the > client system and how we can autoselect an printer using JavaScript > > Thanks in advice > > Jo Client-side JavaScript does not have...

Duplex printers and CD printers
Is Canon still the only manufacturer who sells printers in the USA that can print on both sides of the paper automatically? Is Epson still the only manufacturer who sells printers in the USA that can print on CDs? Thank you in advance for all replies. -- For some strange reason those of us who are owned by cats ascribe motives to the cat that are more benign than the cat's real motives. For example if the cat gets in the way when we are trying to do something we say it is "helping". Daniel Prince wrote: > Is Canon still the only manufacturer who sells printer...

Printer trays.....network printers
Still having a problem here... If I define a Xerox printer with two Ldev nos, with data_intray=1 on one ldev, and data_intray = 4 on the other, I can send interleaved spool files to them and it works beautifully. If I remove data_intray = 4, and try to use setup_file=x.hpenv where x contains <Esc>&l4H (PCL for use lower tray), nothing works, it doesnt even rotate to landscape (understand that part). If I embed the esc sequence in the data at start it works, but thats not a viable solution. In fact if I send the tray value anything from 2 to 5, it uses bottom tray. I want t...

How to give print command to netwok printer and default printer togather
Hi all I have developed on desktop application in Visual Basic for Hotel Management and my client requires multiple printing options here I have multiple printers first default printer which directly connected with source PC other one is in network. The situation is when user give the print command he must be select one respective printer which is in network and secondary printer is default printer which directly connected with source PC now if he give print command, print job should be done by both printers (first Respective selected network printer and default printer) Could any one give ...

printer supplies or new printer
I am running a RiscPC700 (NO strongarm), withComputer Concepts turboprinter feeding a Canon BJC210. I only use it for !HolyBible and !Sibelius6 I need either ink cartidges for the printer, or a new printer that turbo will recognise. Any suggestion? (PS - sorry I use a Windows for internet and everything else.) "Letmesnapu2" <alan.r.archer@btinternet.com> wrote: > I am running a RiscPC700 (NO strongarm), withComputer Concepts turboprinter > feeding a Canon BJC210. > > I only use it for !HolyBible and !Sibelius6 > > I need either ink cartidges for ...

Printer drivers for new printers
I have just bought a couple of printers and I am trying to find drivers for them without any success. The printers I have are a Canon S330 and a Canon i950. Both are connected on a windows printer/home control server. For the S330 I have used the S300 printer driver (qimp-print), the print quality is horrible but at least it prints the correct size, as for the i950, I used the BJC-8200 printer driver and it prints at 1/4 of the size it is supposed to. Canon only supports windows and Mac os, at least that is their official response. Is there anywhere I can find printer driv...

tPrinter.printers not showing a printer?
A client is using one of my programs on several computers (Win 2000). On one (and only one) of them, when I get the tPrinter.printers list of printers, it shows no printers. The user says that there is a printer installed. If the printer is properly installed in Windows, it must show up in tPrinter.printers, right? --- Replace you know what by j to email ...

HELP: Can printer switch box cause printers to print garbage?
Hey folks, I have a customer who has 2 printers connected to a Belkin Data switch box, which in turn is connected to his computer. Whenever he wants to print to printer A, he turns the knob on the switch box to A, then print. Same for printer B. Printer B seems to spit out garbage characters. Previously, he had an older printer(on B) doing the same thing on this switch box and i thought the issue was a bad printer. So i had him get a new printer, but this still occurs. I re-installed the printer driver also, but this still occurs. The other printer doesn't have this problem. I am thinking it might be the printer switch box doing this. Any opinions? Does it have anything to do with EPP or ECP settings in BIOS? BTW, the OS is Windows NT 4.0. Thanks for any help!! Why didn't you try replacing the switch? That is the only thing in common with all of these failures. Jim "Zylan" <zcarenow@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:447f7d3e.0402111554.16d04cbc@posting.google.com... > Hey folks, > I have a customer who has 2 printers connected to a Belkin Data switch > box, which in turn is connected to his computer. Whenever he wants to > print to printer A, he turns the knob on the switch box to A, then > print. Same for printer B. Printer B seems to spit out garbage > characters. Previously, he had an older printer(on B) doing the same > thing on this switch box and i thought the issue was a bad printer. So > i had hi...

Printer Jobs sent from D3 stuck into XP printer spool queue
Hi all! using D3 running on an XP box, we often observe printing jobs stuck into the spooling queue of windows. Do you observe same experience on any of your machines? (We are using an inkjet OKI printer) How to resume normal processing from D3 side? Is there a way to fix the problem? Does it come from D3 side or windows'? In advance thanks for any clue! Best Regards! Samuel Try stopping d3, then changing the properties of the printer to "start spooling after LAST page is printed"; and start d3 again. This [presumably] forces the driver to wait until it has all of the print job before enqueing it; thus eliminating either scheduling or timing issues. Give it a try and see.... David "Samkos" <samuel.kortas@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1122165970.871434.291740@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi all! > > using D3 running on an XP box, we often observe > printing jobs stuck into the spooling queue of > windows. Do you observe same experience on > any of your machines? (We are using an > inkjet OKI printer) > > How to resume normal processing from D3 side? > Is there a way to fix the problem? Does it come > from D3 side or windows'? > > In advance thanks for any clue! > > Best Regards! > > Samuel > ...

Printer
We are running an AS400 with S36 as a host and have connected a Bryce address printer through a Praim protocol converter. We have no problem printing from the S36 side but when we try to use it on the AS400 we have a problem. When we try to start the printer we get the following error message " Writer cannot use device PRT03 because the device is not powered on or varied on or is in use by another job". We have tried everything mentioned in this error message with no success. We are using serveral other printers on both operating systems without a problem. Any help with this proble...

Web resources about - Queue of printer cycles, but printer does not print - comp.periphs.printers

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Philips Hue Starter Kit $120, LifeProof FRĒ iPhone 6 Case $30, Brother AirPrint ...
... FRĒ Waterproof iPhone 6 Case in multiple colors: $30 shipped (Reg. $72) Get ready to file your taxes w/ this Brother AirPrint Laser Printer ...

Can you really get a solid all-in-one printer, copier and scanner for just $90?
... Deals team's advice. And in this case, we're going to help you upgrade to the Epson WorkForce WF-3620 WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, ...

Mattel unveils ThingMaker, a 3D printer for kids
Toy company hopes to make 3D printing mainstream with a new system designed for children

ThingMaker is a $300 3D Printer For Kids That Makes Toys
The two things holding 3D printers back from mainstream adoption is cost and relative difficulty of use. While they have been going down in price, ...