Re^2: How to override the ink expiration date, HP OfficeJet L7500/7600/7700 series?

(Apologies for starting a new basenot.  My newsreader is misbehaving.)

e: How to override the ink expiration date, HP OfficeJet
L7500/7600/7700 series?

Bob Headrick (bobh@xxxxxxxxxxx>) said:

> >   I want to eliminate the "ink cartridge missing or damaged" error from
> >    my HP all-in-one. I'm exploring three options, and option two is
> >   overriding the expiration date.
>

> I think you are barking up the wrong tree here. The message for an expiration date issue is
> different, it would say the ink supply is expired.
>
> What is the exact message? If it is actually "printhead missing or damaged" the
> following would help: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01446637&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=2512010
>
> Regards,
> Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

The message is "Ink cartridge(s) missing or damaged," not "printhead,"
but "cartridge."  It's a bogus message.  The ink cartridge is neither
missing nor damaged.  This message simply indicates that the cartridge
has reached its expiration date.

It's got nothing to do with a missing or damaged cartridge.  HP was
too lazy to put an error message saying "Time's up!  Replace your
cartridge!" into the AIO's firmware, and they were too stupid to make
it a warning message rather than a hard error that locks up the entire
AIO.

This is not something new.  HP and other printer mfrs. have been doing
it in their printers for several years.  The Internet is full of
stories of outrage and suggested workarounds, and even news of a
lawsuit against HP for the practice.

HP's web page http://www.hp.com/pageyield/articles/us/en/InkExpiration.html
gives the official explanation for this behavior, and says that the
error message can be overridden for the 88 cartridge used in the
L7500, L7600 and L7700 series.  That web page also lies:  it says that
instructions on how to override can be found on the printer, in the
user manual, or in the expiration message that appears on the computer
screen.  The alleged instructions are nowhere to be found.  That's why
I'm posting my query here.

--
Regards
Ray

How to override the ink expiration date, HP OfficeJet L7500/7600/7700 series?
I want to eliminate the "ink cartridge missing or damaged" error from my HP all-in-one. I'm exploring three options, and option two is overriding the expiration date. - According to the official HP information at http://www.hp.com/pageyield/articles/us/en/InkExpiration.html , the HP88 cartridge is "Able to continue after override." - According to the footnote on that official webpage, override instructions are either "on the printer, in the user manual, or in the ink cartridge expiration message on the computer screen." Three swings and a miss...

Where is the CMOS battery on an HP OfficeJet L7500/7600/7700 series?
(This is #1 in a series of 3 posts. This posting may sound like a FAQ, but the information I've dug up so far doesn't apply to this printer family.) I want to eliminate the "ink cartridge missing or damaged" error from my HP all-in-one. I'm exploring three options, and option one is removing or isolating the CMOS battery in the printer. Unfortunately, the only diagram I could find on the web is for a different model of AIO. Can someone tell me (or point me to a website that shows) the location of the CMOS battery in an OfficeJet L7500/7600/7700 series A...

Secret keyboard combinations on an HP OfficeJet L7500/7600/7700 series?
I want to eliminate the "ink cartridge missing or damaged" error from my HP all-in-one. I'm exploring three options, and option three is to use a magic key combination on the printer's own keyboard. Google has a cached page at http://cnet.nytimes.com/multifunction-devices/hp-photosmart-3310-all/4852-3181_7-31413613.html?ord=creationDate+desc that mentions a magic key combination on a Photosmart printer that resets the printer and resolves a bogus printer error. Does anybody know of a similar key combination for the HP Officejet L7500/7600/7700 series? -- Reg...

Various HP printer ink expiration dates analyzed
Q: What is the significance of the date printed on the HP ink PACKAGE? SINGAPORE MAY 2003 > Relevant Hewlett Packard ink cartridge dates are: > - The date HP manufactured the ink cartridge > - The date HP prints on the ink cartridge > - The date HP prints on the ink cartridge package consumer cardboard box > - The date HP printer cartridges are installed in the printer > - The date HP first stops printing (due to false "low ink" messages) > - The date HP usually stops printing (due to false "expiration" messages) > - The date HP actually stops p...

HP Printer Ink Expiration & Warranty Date Secret Decoder Ring
As far as I can tell from googling like crazy, here are the six HP printer ink relevant dates. Note that most people throw away the ink cartridge upon the first (false) expiration date. Only those who read the google record know that first end-of-service date can be overcome, giving the user an additional year or two of useful service. I post this by way of peer review so that the experts can correct where I make any mistake. 1. Manufacture date = date printed on ink cartridge minus 30 months 2. Installation date = hand written on ink cartridge when first installed 3. Install-by date = manuf...

Re: HP OfficeJet 145 Black/color ink old. 8 days to expire. Printing will stop.
> My HP OfficeJet d145 all-in-one printer suddenly reports: > Black ink old. Color ink old. > 8 days to expire. 8 days to expire. > Printing will stop. Printing will stop. > Press enter to continue. Press enter to continue. > > But the ink isn't old. I refilled it just last week. IF YOU HAVE MORE/BETTER LINKS ... PLEASE POST THEM HERE: Here is what I have to help you: List of HP printer warning messages and what they mean: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=bpd06563&locale=en_...

Re: HP COBOL routine to calculate the difference between 2 dates #2
Walter, you would be correct to say it won't work. fixing a few things (hey, i didn't say it was tested;-)... IDENTIFICATION DIVISION. PROGRAM-ID. dtdf. REMARKS. Date-dif but using years months days as result. yes it's ambiguous, but not insurmountably - the result can be correct without being the only result possible, and correct is fuzzy anyway. ENVIRONMENT DIVISION. CONFIGURATION SECTION. SOURCE-COMPUTER. HP3000 WITH DEBUGGING MODE. SPECIAL-NAMES. SW9 IS PARM64, ON STATUS IS KTP-IS-TESTING; CONDITION-CODE IS CONDISHUN-CODE. DATA...

HP Officejet 7310xi printer & OS 9.2.2
The other half gave me one of these All-in-One printer/fax machines for Christmas, and try as I might I can't get the printer driver to load so that it can be selected. It's is installed on my Cube all right (384M ram, OS 9.2.2) but if you select the HP Inkjet V6.6.2 driver, you get an error message saying that it couldn't be loaded into memory, and to increase the application minimum memory allocation. So far I've found the HP Inkjet Engine.app that is in the startup folder, and I've doubled the minimum memory, doubled the OS virtual memory, removed all of every other ...

Galerie Pear Paper on HP OfficeJet 4200 series & HP ink
Hi there, I've been using this paper with this printer for a few months now without problem. I have a colour calibrated system. However, I tried printing a black and white image for the first time yesterday and unfortunately in natural daylight there is a significant green colour cast to the image. The image uses an RGB colour space where half of the print contains a colour image, the other half the b&w image. The b&w image really is grey-scale. I print using the 'hp premium plus photo paper, matte' setting. I was unable to choose 'black print cartridg...

Printer Ink

Re: HP9000 printer series CD #2
Yep...single user with buttons all the way around the screen...and the = 250 hit about a month later... Remember being at CSY an afternoon when many were wearing an ADIOS AMIGO = tee shirt... =20 -----Original Message----- From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion [mailto:HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU] On = Behalf Of Denys Beauchemin Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 3:02 PM To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] HP9000 printer series CD Ah yes, the HP300 aka AMIGO. It appeared in the late 1970s and died a = few years later. It was quite a sophisticated machine but it suffered for l...

Re: hp printer slowing to a stop 2
Hi Bob, Thanks for the interest, replies as follows; First of all a correction file size should read 8. megs not 80 as first stated, just a wee typo. 1. Operating system: Win XP Pro 2. Paging file settings ?: Where do I find them 3 Connections: Usb 1 4 Failure to respond: Job spools up and print confirmation box appears and okay'd then nothing happens, power button flashes, and icons appear in systray, no paper feed or carriage action. 5. Spooler Queue: On clicking on the printer icon in systray the print queue shows the page as printing, in fact it is imp...

Re: Create date time series #2
Dan already provide a good solution. In case you are not familiar with the date/time functions, here is how you can get the year,month, day and hour: data want; do dt='01Jan05:00:00'dt to '31Dec07:23:59'dt by 3600; year=year(datepart(dt)); month=month(datepart(dt)); day=day(datepart(dt)); hour=hour(timepart(dt)); output; end; drop dt; run; proc print; run; On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 15:35:46 +1100, anthony hansen <sunny_coast@LIVE.COM.AU> wrote: >Hi All > >I am wanting to create a time series starting 01Jan05 and finishing 31Dec07. > >This is an example of how...

Re: HP Line Printer info... #2
On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Jesse Dougherty wrote: > Hi all, we are trying to piece together some older HP line printers and > needed some additional information. We have a C3201A - LP475 and a C3201B - > LP500 smaller line printers and we need to find a technical reference guide > for. I'm told that the HP ordering part number is 165015-001PX but HP has I have one (sorry, only one) and mine is dated 1995 with a manual part number of 153823-001PX. The title is "LP Series Printers" Technical Reference Manual. I used to have a bunch but tossed them a...

Web resources about - Re^2: How to override the ink expiration date, HP OfficeJet L7500/7600/7700 series? - comp.periphs.printers

Expiration (options) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In finance, the expiration date of an option contract is the last date on which the holder of the option may exercise it according to its terms. ...

Facebook Sends Notifications To Users With Claimed Offers That Are Near Expiration
The tweaks to Facebook offers continue, with some users seeing notifications alerting them that offers they have claimed will expire soon. continued… ...

Fresh Pantry - Food Expiration Date List on the App Store on iTunes
Get Fresh Pantry - Food Expiration Date List on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

netflix expiration - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore catastrophegirl's photos on Flickr. catastrophegirl has uploaded 7090 photos to Flickr.

Expiration Date - YouTube
Engineer and Medic make an unsettling new discovery while experimenting with the teleporter. Meanwhile, Scout stops insulting Spy long enough ...

Critics pan Terminator: Genisys in first reviews as 'past its expiration date'
Terminator fans have had high hopes for the latest, fifth instalment in the science-fiction franchise. But now the early reviews of T5 are flowing ...

A good time to go: Baird leaves before election expiration
Baird did what a lot of his colleagues should do. He called his own retirement play.

Expiration date for CNOOC acquisition of Nexen postponed
Expiration date for CNOOC acquisition of Nexen postponed People's Daily Online Expiration date for CNOOC acquisition of Nexen postponed. ( ...

How key-based cache expiration works
... structures, like the one we’re using for Basecamp Next . Thankfully there’s a better way. A much better way. It’s called key-based cache expiration ...

OnePlus X pricing seemingly leaks as OnePlus 2 invite expiration is extended
OnePlus' next handset has been the subject of many a post in recent days and weeks. Dubbed the OnePlus X, one of the only things we've been unclear ...