re: Canon Pixma IP4000 cartridge query

> In article PC Medic says...
>>
>> "colinco" <colincomma@yawhoo.com> wrote in message
>> > In article PC Medic says...
>> >>
>> > there are carts with modified design to sidestep the patent issue
>>
>> I have yet to see these, care to name a brand so I can check them out?
>>

> For info only, never used them
>
> " You may notice the compatible cartridge varies in its design when
> compared to the original branded product. The Jet Tec compatible
> cartridge is different because the design has been altered to ensure the
> compatible cartridge does not infringe patents owned by the original
> manufacturer. These changes will NOT affect the quality of the
> printout."

Absolutely. No prism will not effect quality of printout. It will effect the
operation of the low ink sensor in that you will never get a warning due to
no prism to reflect light back to the sensor.

0
PC

Canon Pixma IP4000 cartridge query
We recently got this printer and we like it. We are new to digital cameras/printing, so we have some elementary questions: Question: how will we know when one of the cartridges is empty? Will the printer flash and indicate which cartridge? Will it indicate on the computer? Also, when replacing the cartridge, I see there are 2 black cartridges: BCI-3EBK and BCI-6BK. What are the differences between the two. I assume if one goes, we have to replace it with the same cartridge. Correct? Finally, any thoughts on replacement brands. Should we use the far cheaper compatibles or stay with the Canon brand? MB "MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote in message news:Ub%Md.27731$0Y5.20412@fe06.lga... > We recently got this printer and we like it. We are new to digital > cameras/printing, so we have some elementary questions: > > Question: how will we know when one of the cartridges is empty? Will the > printer flash and indicate which cartridge? Will it indicate on the > computer? > > Also, when replacing the cartridge, I see there are 2 black cartridges: > BCI-3EBK and BCI-6BK. What are the differences between the two. I assume if > one goes, we have to replace it with the same cartridge. Correct? > > Finally, any thoughts on replacement brands. Should we use the far cheaper > compatibles or stay with the Canon brand? > > MB The first black is Canon's idea of Pigmented b...

Canon IP4000 cartridge query
I have a new Canon printer as mentioned above and we like the prints. Two questions: 1) About how many 4X6 photos can one get before needing a new cartridge(s)? So far, I have printed about 90 such pictures and from what I can tell, the cartridges APPEAR to be about 60% full. Is that about right? This leads to my second question: 2) I checked the cartridges by taking them out and kind of trying to eyeball them. It is still hard to tell how much ink is left. But, am I messinf up any sensors by checking the cartridges that way?? I assume from what I've read that when the ink gets very well the printer will know it via some optical method (bottom of cartridge will get clearer) so my checking it shouldn't mess that up. Is that correct? If not, how else can I check it? Mel The software does not act like a gas gague in a car. But is does provide you with 2 warnings for each cartridge in the printer. The first warning is when the ink gets low. The second or final warning is an out of ink warning. At this point the cartridge is not really out of ink totally but should be replaced. If you continue to use it you take the chance of burning your print head. This information is in the manual. MB_ wrote: >I have a new Canon printer as mentioned above and we like the prints. > >Two questions: > >1) About how many 4X6 photos can one get before needing a new cartridge(s)? >So far, I have printed about 90 ...

Problem with Canon Pixma ip4000 printer
X-No-Archive My Canon Pixma ip4000 printer: I haven't used it in months, and barely used it all before then, but just 2 weeks after my warranty ran out it has decided to stop working. When power is turned on, the printer head refuses to snap-to the center; it behaves as if it's locked or a pulley (rubber band?) isn't working. The power light flashes alternatively orange and green (which, according to the manual indicates a possible "repair shop" problem.) Before I bring this to a shop and spend probably the amount I paid for it brand-new, is there a way of fi...

Re: Canon Pixma ip4000 CD printing
I have now bought my Canon Pixma ip4000 printer.WOW!! The template details for printing DVDs with Nero Cover Designer, posted by S.V. Groeneveld, are spot on. (re-copied below)Many, many thanks. (Sorry all you folks in the States where CD / DVD printing is not an option) A4 colour prints are fantastic. Like my older Canon S450 printer, if the print head does ever fail, it is so easy to replace and not that expensive if you shop around. It does not require a new machine as per Epson; and ink, especially if bought in bulk, means minimal costs. Duplex printing works likea dream.A most r...

Price for genuine Canon pixma IP4000 cartridges?
Suppose I want to buy a complete set of these 5 cartridges. What would be a good price for them. I intend to look on EBAY and other sources, but I'm not sure what would be a good price. I know it would be about $60-$65. on the Canon site. MB "MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote in message news:uvWRd.1857$SV4.715@fe06.lga... > Suppose I want to buy a complete set of these 5 cartridges. > > What would be a good price for them. > > I intend to look on EBAY and other sources, but I'm not sure what would be > a good price. I know it would be about $60-$65. on the Canon site. > > MB And you live in what country?? This kind of shopping around you can easily do online - just look up a few discount computer stores. Why do you want to buy a 'set'? Surely the beauty of individual cartridges is that you only need to replace them as they become empty - for instance if you largely do only photos or only do documents, you will hardly use one of the black ink tanks. On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 01:48:54 -0500, "MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote: >Suppose I want to buy a complete set of these 5 cartridges. > >What would be a good price for them. > >I intend to look on EBAY and other sources, but I'm not sure what would be a >good price. I know it would be about $60-$65. on the Canon site. > Hundreds of retailers and price lists : google...

Warning about Canon PIXMA iP3000/iP4000 series printers
We were considering buying a Canon PIXMA iP3000 because these are the first printers we have ever seen that finally quit ripping people off quite so much on ink. The whole printer ink jet market, until now, has been a scam, making you spend an average of $40-$60 buy new print heads and cartridges for all three colors because one color runs out. That is like having to replace your gas tank, fuel pump, radiator, water pump, windshield washer tank and wiper motors, because you ran out of gas or got too low on radiator fluid. Oh, and by the way, there are no gauges, or transparent tanks, and no ...

UPDATE: "Problem with Canon Pixma ip4000 printer"
I received a brand-new (refurbished? not sure) ip4000 Pixma tonight from Canon, even though my defective one was two weeks past warranty. And yes, it came with a new print head and new ink. So, thanks to this excellent customer service, my opinion on Canon has done a 180: (reversing my earlier, knee-jerk vow) I will definitely continue buying Canon products. Shnaggletooth shnaggletooth@yahoo.com wrote: >I received a brand-new (refurbished? not sure) ip4000 Pixma tonight >from Canon, even though my defective one was two weeks past warranty. >And yes, it came with a new p...

Canon Pixma printers: ink cartridges, print-head cleaners
I've just bought a Canon Pixma iP3000 printer and would like advice ink cartidges and print-head care. Considering costs for genuine Canon cartridges vs. generic it seems to me that the latter would be more cost effective - providing they don't ruin the printheads. And what about the print-head cleaning cartridges I've seen advertised. Do they work? If so, occasional use of these cleaning cartridges might make up for whatever risks using generic cartridges might entail. Or so I have been figuring. I'd appreciate advice from someone who has had experience with these printers, e.g.: 1) What generic cartridges are considered of 'good quality'? Any recommendations of websites or companies? Considering that the printheads are not disposable, how likely is it that a good quality generic cartridge will clog up the printheads? 2) Are there sources for genuine Canon cartridges which offer some discount off of retail prices? 3) Re/ print head cleaning: I've seen fluids offered as well as cartridges filled with cleaner/solvent. Do these things work? I'm thinking that occasional preventative maintenence might be a good idea. Thanks, Dorian "Dorian" <DorianLS2@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1115271929.121480.311760@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I've just bought a Canon Pixma iP3000 printer and would like advice ink > cartidges and print-head care. Considering costs for genuine ...

Re: Using both parallel & USB on same printer (Canon ip4000) Success!
Success! I defined my Canon ip4000 twice -- once as a USB printer; and once as an LPR printer that uses ethernet to a print server appliance to the printer's parallel port. It appears to work fine, with no conflicts. The USB interface is considerably faster, AND it enables me to use the Canon printer monitor software to monitor the ink supply. The LPR interface enables me to use the printer from any computer in the house, albeit without the ink monitoring. For the USB, I am using a 16-foot Belkin USB2 cable (gold contacts; 20-gauge conductors) that I got from amazon.com ...

Canon Pixma IP4000, when does printer use BCI-3EBK cart ink
As subject Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is selected? Only when draft is selected? Thanks in advance tHatDudeUK wrote: > As subject > > Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is > selected? Only when draft is selected? > > Thanks in advance Normally it uses BCI3e all the time except when printing photos, so when photo or glossy paper is selected. When you print text and business documents with graphics. tHatDudeUK wrote: >As subject > >Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is selected? >Only when draft is selected? > >Thanks in advance > > > > Here is a quick test you can perform. Use a photo with quite a bit of black areas. Open the cover on the printer and use a small screwdriver to hold down the cover interlock so that you can actually see the ink being put on the paper. Print the same photo using different paper modes. The BCI-3 black (pigmented black) is deposited with a much wider path than the BCI-6 black. Note also that the BCI-3 black appears to be used only when in plain paper mode. All other modes use only the BCI-6 black. You will see this when observing the printing operation. The other thing you can do is to wet your fingertip and move it across the edge of the printed area onto the unprinted area. You will see a difference in the amount of ink smearing. -- Ron Cohen...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Anyone using Canon Pixma with non-canon cartridges?
Hello I need to do short and long runs of flyers for mailing (mostly black text, some photos) I will never need to print photos on photo quality paper. I can get replacement cartridges very, very cheap which makes it less expensive in the long run than getting a colour laser printer. I would like to know your personal experience using the ip4000 or ip5000 with replacement cartridges continously........ has anyone used them non-stop since they bought their printer? How many have you used so far? Please mention if you refill yourself or buy no-name cartridges ready to go. How is y...

Re: Re: Re: Radio Re: Shack Re: TRP-100 Re: Printer Re:
> Also, trim your replies. Leaving a few pages of original text just so > you can add your few lines at the bottom is just insane. > > g. > > -- > Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007 > http://www.f15sim.com - The only one of its kind. > http://www.diy-cockpits.org/coll - Go Collimated or Go Home. > Some people collect things for a hobby. Geeks collect hobbies. > > ScarletDME - The red hot Data Management Environment > A Multi-Value database for the masses, not the classes. > http://scarlet.deltasoft.com - Get it _today_! > --- Synchrone...

Which Printer Should I buy? Canon IP4000, Canon I865, Epson R300
Which is the best printer? Main points below. 1. Accuracy when printing to CD/DVD (My old Epson 900 was a devil to set up) going off center and needed adjusting. 2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which printer performs best. 3. Print quality Photo / CD DVD To put it into perspective here are the best prices I have found for the printers so far. 1. Epson R300 �84.95 2. Canon I865 �119.99 3. Canon IP4000 �99.99 Thanks Mike I have the R300 and love it. I do not love the price of the replacement ink. I have printed about 200 DVD ...

Canon PIXMA iP4000
I can't seem to find the drivers for my Canon PIXMA iP4000. Has anyone set it up sucessfully? I'm using kernel 2.6.11 on a Gentoo box. "hyperfusion" <jonathanho15@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1114820232.945735.55130@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I can't seem to find the drivers for my Canon PIXMA iP4000. Has >anyone > set it up sucessfully? > I'm using kernel 2.6.11 on a Gentoo box. > Canon has drivers for Linux on the japanese website. It's quite a PITA to find them, but go for www.canon.jp and search for an edit-box, that might be a search box and try: "PIXMA linux" They use mostly RPMs - is there something like debian's "alien" command for portage? HTH, Gernot hyperfusion wrote: > I can't seem to find the drivers for my Canon PIXMA iP4000. Has anyone > set it up sucessfully? > I'm using kernel 2.6.11 on a Gentoo box. Why not use Turboprint for linux www.turboprint.de I use all the time and just bombs out cups all the time, and the support for all most every printer out there. ...

Canon PIXMA iP4000
Is this printer available on-line in the UK yet and if so where? Martin ���� On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 13:39:35 +0100, Martin ���� wrote: > Is this printer available on-line in the UK yet and if so where? It's announced for August in the US - and I have not seen it there yet. For Europe it's announced for September - I was told about a first delivery in Germany on 2004-09-05. HTH, Martin PS: oops, sorry for you that you have a name like this ;-) I just noticed because it exploded my introduction line. On 9 Aug 2004 08:23:14 GMT, Martin Trautmann <t-use@gmx...

Query about Canon IP4000
At the moment, I am using an old Epson Stylus Color 600 and it works GREAT!!! I use it mostly for correspondence and an occassional Greeting Workshop effort. But, mostly business related. (I teach mathematics and WORD and Math Type to create tests and prints just great on the old Epson!) I now have a new digital camera (Canon A75). Rumor has it that I will be getting an IP4000 as a birthday gift. My question: is this printer just good for printing photos or will this also be superior to my Epson for the other aforementioned uses. Mel MB_ wrote: > At the moment, I a...

canon pixma ip4000
welps, I had the occasion to print some pics for my mom but unfornately, it was for rancid gossip involving my cousins. anyways.... the pixma ip4000 did a really good job of printing the pictures on plain paper under windows98 pmview version and was surprisingly fast (much faster than the old epson color600 was, that one took forever to print a color pic). I just wish it were so for the OS/2 version of pmview. it wasn't very good. it looked like a cross between 16bit & 256bit colors On Sun, 08 May 2005 18:07:33 -0400, Dilbert Firestorm wrote: :>welps,...

Re: RE: RE: FW: Query
Ummm... What Doug propose was an stored procedure. If you are on 7.3 then maybe your engine won't accept decode. But you can do a stored procedure for decode yourself is pretty easy. J. -----Original Message----- From: "shahid.mehmood" <shahid.mehmood@aku.edu> To: "Jean Sagi" <jeansagi@myrealbox.com> Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 14:43:43 +0500 Subject: RE: RE: FW: Query Thanks a lot J ... But "decode" runs on ORACLE only! Am I right? How about Informix? I missed the email from Doug Lawry ... Can you forward that to me? ...

Canon Pixma iP4500 vs Canon Pixma iP4600
Are these two the same printers except the 4600 being the next year's model of the 4500? Thanks RDOC wrote: > Are these two the same printers except the 4600 being the next year's > model of the 4500? Thanks > I think you will find them to be very similar. There is, however, one significant difference. The 4500 ink tanks are readily available from a range of suppliers as the chips on the ink tanks have been " cracked." If you buy the 4600 you are currently tied in to buying only genuine Canon replacement ink tanks. There is a significant price diff...

Re: RE: RE: FW: Query #2
Ummm... What Doug propose was an stored procedure. If you are on 7.3 then maybe your engine won't accept decode. But you can do a stored procedure for decode yourself is pretty easy. J. -----Original Message----- From: "shahid.mehmood" <shahid.mehmood@aku.edu> To: "Jean Sagi" <jeansagi@myrealbox.com> Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 14:43:43 +0500 Subject: RE: RE: FW: Query Thanks a lot J ... But "decode" runs on ORACLE only! Am I right? How about Informix? I missed the email from Doug Lawry ... Can you forward that to me? ...

Canon PIXMA iP5200 query
Does anyone know how to set default values for the Canon PIXMA iP5200? For example, I would like it to always use A4 paper as the default, not US Letter. With thanks, Gerry Gerry wrote: >Does anyone know how to set default values for the Canon PIXMA iP5200? For >example, I would like it to always use A4 paper as the default, not US >Letter. > >With thanks, > >Gerry > > START---PRINTER---SETTINGS WHEN USING WINDOWS. THIS WILL SET YOUR DEFAULTS FOR ALL PRINT JOBS. > > > "Gerry" <gerry@home.com> wr...

Web resources about - re: Canon Pixma IP4000 cartridge query - comp.periphs.printers

Cartridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TI-99/4A Pitfall cartridge demo - YouTube
Retrocloud's adaptation of the classic Pitfall game - for the TI-99/4A. Filip has remade the classic game, and it works in a 32K EPROM! (Sorry ...

Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges
Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges

Atari's E.T. The Extraterrestrial cartridges found in landfill
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari E.T. The Extraterrestrial game cartridges ...

Diggers find hundreds of Atari 'E.T.' and other game cartridges in New Mexico landfill - CTV News
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari "E.T." game cartridges that some call the ...

Dollar Shave Club Claims to Top Schick As No. 2 Razor Cartridge
Dollar Shave Club claims it passed Schick to become the No. 2 razor cartridge brand by volume in July, a little more than three years after the ...

Rocker Releases Album on Nintendo Gaming Cartridges
Rocker Jon Black, who performs as Fort Atlantic, decided to offer his latest album on original Nintendo cartridges. As the music industry's brick-and-mortar ...

“Empty” Epson ink cartridges are still 20 percent full
The high-end Epson 9900 printer, which retails for around £3,000 ($5,000), reports that ink cartridges are empty even when they are still about ...

This is why our brains lied to us about blowing into Nintendo cartridges
Before they were the basis of hip soaps or remade as even hipper clocks, Nintendo’s cartridge games were a source of delight and vexation for ...