      Nyhetsgrupper:comp.periphs.printers
      Datum:2004-04-02 09:06:56 PST

In article <e6bace78.0404011212.3bc9ddf1@posting.google.com>,
nakul@btopenworld.com says...
> P.S. If anyone is unsure about deciding between an Epsom or Canon, Mr
> suggestion would be Canon as this would win every time in my book.

Have you tried both?  Or is your opinion based on just having the Canon?

I have the R300 and you'd have to pry it out of my cold dead hands to
get it away from me.  AND!!  It prints all the way to the hub on hub
printable media!  <grin>

--Dave--------------------------------------------------------You can find a
german article regarding this at:
http://www.druckerchannel.de/artikel.php?ID=473.As far as I can tell it's
very easy to adjust the Canon software to print full label
CD:s.Regards/PeterH <an even bigger grin>

0
Peter

CD Printing to Inner Bore with Canon i865
Hi. I dont know if anyone can help me, but I have recently purchased a canon i865 printer and am extremely happy with it. The only problem I have, is when I am printing CDs, I have an ugly white centre which can not be printed on due to the limitations of the Inner circle when I try printing with Canons Easy-Print Software. If anyone can help me to decrease the size of the unprintable inner bore, it would really be appreciated. Regards. P.S. If anyone is unsure about deciding between an Epsom or Canon, Mr suggestion would be Canon as this would win every time in my book. ...

Canon I865: problem with CD printing
When i print the CD with the cd-r tray feeder the black not print If I print with the nomal paper the image is perfect. Any suggestion? Thank Angelo In article Angelsoft says... > When i print the CD with the cd-r tray feeder the black not print > > If I print with the nomal paper the image is perfect. > > Any suggestion? > > Thank > > Angelo > > > > > Do you mean no black whatsoever? The CD print may only use the dye based ink but that should still give blacks. "colinco" <colincomma@yawhoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:MPG.1c1a511e2153506498987b@news.xtra.co.nz... > In article Angelsoft says... >> When i print the CD with the cd-r tray feeder the black not print >> >> If I print with the nomal paper the image is perfect. >> >> Any suggestion? >> >> Thank >> >> Angelo >> >> >> >> >> > Do you mean no black whatsoever? The CD print may only use the dye based > ink but that should still give blacks I think the problem appear after i've refill the cartridge. But the print on paper seems good (i don't note any difference) Hovever today I try to buy three new color cartridge Thanks Angelo ...

why no cd printing capability for canon printers in the us?
even epson now providing cd printing tray for the new printers. will canon follow? On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:43:16 GMT, "leo" <someone@somewhere.net> wrote: >even epson now providing cd printing tray for the new printers. will canon >follow? > If you read back earlier today, someone claimed Canon had no intention of obtaining US rights for CD printing. As far as I can tell it is patent issues preventing Canon CD printers, not anything to do with the RIAA or MPAA. In article <7o9i30p458dfs8u6rb570vqnfgkl0jed6i@4ax.com>, classicsat@yahoo.cominval...

Canon CD Print Software With Epson Printer?
I have two printers that print directly onto CD's, the Canon i865 and Epson R310. I'm having problems with the CD Print software that came with the Epson one, so i was wondering if it's possible to just use the Canon one? Or is each piece of software designed with only one printer in mind? Kris ...

Any of the latest Canon printers print to CD/DVD ?
Was looking to buy rhe i6100 but it does not do it :( Is this just the American version. Or do other versions print to CD/DVD ? Thanks. "Plasma BOY" <PlasmaBoy@1.com.uk> wrote in message news:o8hs21lfsdjtak3t4qcch2ompoo2ajcnmr@4ax.com... > > Was looking to buy rhe i6100 but it does not do it :( Is this just the > American version. Or do other versions print to CD/DVD ? > None of the Canon printers released in the US print to CD/DVD On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 03:18:02 -0800, Caitlin wrote (in article <422edb93$0$27872$61c65585@un-2park-reader-01.sydney.pipenetworks.com.au>): > None of the Canon printers released in the US print to CD/DVD Some people who must have CD/DVD direct print capability and Canon brand are buying Euro/Austrailan/NZ models of Canon's printers and having them shipped here. Voltage differences are resolved by swapping out a relatively cheap power supply module (US$20 for the iP3000's module, and you don't have to open up the printer to replace it). The down side is that the iP3000, with shipping, costs upwards of $200, while the US (non-disc printing) model can be bought here for as little as $45. Good luck, -- Please, no "Go Google this" replies. I wouldn't ask a question here if I hadn't done that already. DaveC me@privacy.net This is an invalid return address Please reply in the news group And, imported "gray market"...

Re: Canon Pixma ip4000 CD printing
I have now bought my Canon Pixma ip4000 printer.WOW!! The template details for printing DVDs with Nero Cover Designer, posted by S.V. Groeneveld, are spot on. (re-copied below)Many, many thanks. (Sorry all you folks in the States where CD / DVD printing is not an option) A4 colour prints are fantastic. Like my older Canon S450 printer, if the print head does ever fail, it is so easy to replace and not that expensive if you shop around. It does not require a new machine as per Epson; and ink, especially if bought in bulk, means minimal costs. Duplex printing works likea dream.A most recommenended machine. Happy New Year, John B. -- Remove <nospam> from email address to reply "S.V. Groeneveld" <mail@no.spam> wrote in message news:opsjhrm1bre5nxey@s960912.campus.tue.nl... > On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 23:40:06 -0000, John B > <jbb@hawkhurst.nospamfreeserve.co.uk> wrote: > > > I am considering buying a Canon Pixma ip4000 printer, particularly for > > the > > CD / DVD printing facility. So far I have been printing separate labels > > using the Nero Cover Designer software. Is it possible to use this > > software > > to print directly onto the disc with this printer using the dedicated > > cradle, or has the supplied Canon Easy-PhotoPrint software to be used? > > > > Also, is there any way of using the Canon software to print all the way > > to the hub, us...

Canon I865 cd printing time to dry
Greetings How long should i allow a cd to dry after printing with the Canon I865 I've read a thread that the Epson 300r can be up to 24 hours Martin ���� Usually if you print all the way to the hub, you should give it 24 hours. On a seperate note, would you know how to convert the Epson .ec2 files to print using Canon Cd-label print. I have both Epson 900 and just got a canon, but all my cd label were created using the Epson Cd print program and the files will not open in Canon cd-labelprint. I guess I could take a screen capture, but I probably will lose detail in the fine text print. <Martin ���� @mandeREMOVETHIS.plus.com> wrote in message news:sg2fh0dfnhu0hoeig55l01msmnmv8hpl5r@4ax.com... > Greetings > How long should i allow a cd to dry after printing with the Canon I865 > I've read a thread that the Epson 300r can be up to 24 hours > > Martin > ���� On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 20:10:05 -0400, "EyeToldUSo" <no@no.no> wrote: >Usually if you print all the way to the hub, you >should give it 24 hours. On a seperate note, would >you know how to convert the Epson .ec2 files >to print using Canon Cd-label print. I have both Epson >900 and just got a canon, but all my cd label were created >using the Epson Cd print program and the files will not >open in Canon cd-labelprint. I guess I could take a screen >capture, but I probably will lose detail in the fine text print. ...

experience with cd printing on canon i865,905D,965
Does sombebody has experience with cd printing on Canon Good or bad? Colours? I have read that you have to do the center alignment. If you want to print 10 pieces do you have to do that 10 times? Ink consuming - difference between i865 and i965? http://www.canon-europe.com/For_Home/Product_Finder/Printers/Bubble_Jet/index.asp?ComponentID=25152&SourcePageID=26009#2 ...

fyi: print on cd/dvd with Canon printers U.S.
In the United States the Canon printers are disabled from printing directly on cd/dvd's. I think this is due to Epson having a patent on it (i.e. direct printing on cd/dvd's) in the United States. Canon would be infringing on this patent.. Those of you interested in it, here is a series on enabling U.S. printers. http://pixma-faq.periastron.com/1.html http://pixma.damnmachine.com Much better site with updated info and forums. ...

Any reason my Canon can't make a Printer with A3 and Cd/dvd printing ??
I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and thats the BEST phoprinter you can get. I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with A3 and DVD/cd printing ????? Any idea why. I think Epson have some. Though i could be wrong. Thanks. On Holidays wrote: >I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and >thats the BEST phoprinter you can get. > > It is under $400. >I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with A3 and DVD/cd printing >????? > >Any idea why. I think Epson have some. Though i could be wrong. > >Thanks. > > > On Holidays wrote: > I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and > thats the BEST phoprinter you can get. > > I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with A3 and DVD/cd printing > ????? > > Any idea why. I think Epson have some. Though i could be wrong. > > Thanks. They can - and have. I have one sitting on the cabinet across from my desk (i9950). Unfortunately, it's only available in Europe (and Commonwealth countries). -- In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/ Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote: >On Holidays wrote: > > >>I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and >>thats the BEST phoprinter you can get. >> >>I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with ...

Aftermarket Trays Available for Direct Printing on CD/DVD's with Canon Printers
The lack of trays for Canon printers has been a big problem. Take a look at www.cd-trays.com nosuchaddress@email.com wrote: > The lack of trays for Canon printers has been a big problem. Take a look at > www.cd-trays.com I just did a search of e-bay and there seems to be no shortage of tray type B, C, and D, the offical canon one with the handy dandy center hub. Between $20 and $30 shipped in most cases. http://pixma.allhyper.com/ contains all the info one needs for all models except the new ip4300 which has yet to hit stores. Don't get me wrong, i'm all for...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

What Canon Printer to Print A3 and Print to DVDS/CDS ???
And of course print great pitcures :) I don't want much, but getting all these three things seems to be hard. Atleast from Canon. Thanks for any help !!! ...

Re: Re: Re: Radio Re: Shack Re: TRP-100 Re: Printer Re:
> Also, trim your replies. Leaving a few pages of original text just so > you can add your few lines at the bottom is just insane. > > g. > > -- > Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007 > http://www.f15sim.com - The only one of its kind. > http://www.diy-cockpits.org/coll - Go Collimated or Go Home. > Some people collect things for a hobby. Geeks collect hobbies. > > ScarletDME - The red hot Data Management Environment > A Multi-Value database for the masses, not the classes. > http://scarlet.deltasoft.com - Get it _today_! > --- Synchrone...

Which Printer Should I buy? Canon IP4000, Canon I865, Epson R300
Which is the best printer? Main points below. 1. Accuracy when printing to CD/DVD (My old Epson 900 was a devil to set up) going off center and needed adjusting. 2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which printer performs best. 3. Print quality Photo / CD DVD To put it into perspective here are the best prices I have found for the printers so far. 1. Epson R300 �84.95 2. Canon I865 �119.99 3. Canon IP4000 �99.99 Thanks Mike I have the R300 and love it. I do not love the price of the replacement ink. I have printed about 200 DVD and CD labels with it and have not had a problem. The software that comes with the printer has performed well. Check out the options for re-inking of this machine and you will be pleased with it. I believe that Canon has the same type of chip on its cartridges. They only allow a certain amount of ink to be dispensed and then they stop. There is a workaround for Epson, I don't know about Canon. Pipermedic In article pipermedic says... > I believe that Canon has the > same type of chip on its cartridges. They only allow a certain amount > of ink to be dispensed and then they stop. There is a workaround for > Epson, I don't know about Canon. > > > Canon carts don't have chips. If you like R300 why not consider R200? Same thing without frills. Definitely Epson R300. But you said: "2. Economy. Although I can get th...

Re: Print to the printer
Thanks for your mail. I want to use it for LINUX and Windows both. For this I am planning to make it in a file and then print that file. But I need more specific way to do it. I think "/dev/lp0" will work. But is there anything to make it formatted with different fonts, color and size? I got a book a ruby book "SAMS teach yourself ruby in days" and after that I am planning to shift in ruby. Basically I am a VB programmer but I like LINUX and the open source environment. Is there anything in ruby to make the GUI as simple as in VB? I am making it in Tk and it...

Canon i865 CD
Hi, I have a Canon i865 printer and I don't seem to have the LabelPrint program installed (toolbox is all I seem to have). Unfortunately I can't find my installation CD, so I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a copy from,. or download the LabelPrint program. TIA Bob Canon will be happy to sell you an installation CD. "Bob Phillips" <phillips@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:429b8770$0$290$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com... > Hi, > > I have a Canon i865 printer and I don't seem to have the LabelPrint > program > installed (toolbox is all I seem to have). > > Unfortunately I can't find my installation CD, so I was wondering if > anyone > knew where I could get a copy from,. or download the LabelPrint program. > > TIA > > Bob > > Bob Phillips wrote: > Hi, > > I have a Canon i865 printer and I don't seem to have the LabelPrint program > installed (toolbox is all I seem to have). > > Unfortunately I can't find my installation CD, so I was wondering if anyone > knew where I could get a copy from,. or download the LabelPrint program. > > TIA > > Bob > Googling for fun and to help you, which is the whole reason for having newsgroups, I was lead to this page below. See if this is a source for you. Please let us know of the outcome. http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic....

i865 CD printing
I'm using the supplied software to create a CD to print, but am concerned about just one thing.... Presumably if my image bleeds outside of the circle representing the CD, the printer won't attempt to actually print on the CD holder tray but will actually only print on the disc area...correct? Si. Yep, the program knows how big ya CD is, and wont print outside it, no matter how big ya graphics are. Just bought one of these printers and am VERY happy. Software is easy to use. The CD software has templates for CDs and Jewel cases. Wish it had DVD cases too. H...

canon i865 printer
Looking for a new printer, and the canon i865 seems to have a good review. Any good or bad comments on the printer? One thing that puzzles me is the edge to edge printing on A4 paper on the specification this is only obtainable on "photo paper" Would like to get full A4 on standard paper, is it possible? Thanks Chris 'Chris.', Have you seen this site? http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/Canon%20i865/page_1.htm Regards, Emrys Davies. "Chris" <nospam@virgin.net> wrote in message news:3S9_b.18212$ft.6006@newsfe1-win... ...

Re: Printing does not work reliably under RedHat FC1 with gimp-print and Epson stylus photo 890 printer
On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 07:52:50 +0000, Jeff Silverman wrote: > Hi, I am running RedHat Fedora Core 1 with cups and gimp-print using an > Epson stylus photo 890 printer connected via USB. When it works, it is > a pleasure and a joy to work with, the equal of anything available under > MS-Windoze. Huh? Only equal!!!? That is pretty bad by Linux standards to be merely "equal," but I guess it depends on your definition of "equal." > But when it fails, the only way to clear the problem seems > to be to remove the queue from cups, shutdown the printer, cycl...

canon s400 printer not printing
I installed the driver/files from the Canon website, but the printer refuses to print??? The printer worked on different pc, so it is functional. J910@webtv.net (Jeff) wrote: >I installed the driver/files from the Canon website, but the printer >refuses to print??? >The printer worked on different pc, so it is functional. We need more information? Which operating system, which driver did you download? What cable type is connecting the printer to the PC? And what exactly happens, does it move paper? Are there any error messages? Tony MS MVP Printing/Imaging Hi Tony...

Canon i905d cd printer
I imported a Canon i905d Cd printer with the 2" lcd screen with AC converter. Used it about 10 times. Prints faster and better then the epson on CDs. I just do not have the time to convert all my Cd artwork over to a format that will work on the Canon. send offers to hackasack1@hotmail.com if interested. ...

Canon IP4000 cd printing.
Hi, my father has bought a Pixma 4000 and has commented over an issue with the supplied software - which would appear to only allow the internal cd hole diameter to be reduced to +/- 10mm which seems to make the minimum hole 33mm. However he says the software screen states the maxmum outside diameter of the print can be 118mm and the inside no less than 17mm - which is fine if you can change the setting by this much.. As the FULL face printable discs he uses has an internal diameter of 23mm how does he alter the print software to this figure - as it seems to stick on -10mm from the default of 43mm (i.e 33mm) making a white ring visible. From the software statement that the minimum must be 17mm it would seem the printer should be capable of it. For simplicity he would prefer to not have to make up templates as described elsewhere. Any guidance or driver hacks appreciated. TD On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 23:02:18 GMT, TechDude <techdude_ukNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote: > For simplicity he would prefer to not have to make up templates > as described elsewhere. > Any guidance or driver hacks appreciated. I'd surely think that creating a template is much easier than applying a driver hack....? Assuming you are using CD LabelPrint go to "select Paper" and create a new paper type (name it the media name like CMC or Maxdata etc) and edit the inner size to the setting you need. The setting you are changing (adjust circle...

Web resources about - Re: CD Printing to Inner Bore with Canon i865 - comp.periphs.printers

Printing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the process of reproducing text and images. For the handwriting method often called printing, see block letters . For other ...

Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only
[ SMH - Text-only index ] Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only Date: February 13 2016 London: Britain's ...

Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only
The Indy will disappear from British news stands as it becomes one of the first national newspapers in the world to buckle under pressure from ...

Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only
The Indy will disappear from British news stands as it becomes one of the first national newspapers in the world to buckle under pressure from ...

Why is the UK still printing its laws on vellum?
After a U-turn, the UK government is to continue printing and storing its laws on vellum. Shouldn't it go digital?

Stratasys Partners with Adobe to Broaden Adoption of 3D Printing with New Color Experience and Simplified ...
Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq:SSYS), the 3D printing and additive manufacturing solutions company, today announced that it has taken color 3D printing ...

Kids can easily make their own toys with 3D printing
This year's must-have toy: a machine to make your own toy. Mattel's ThingMaker is a kid-safe 3D printer, and the 3Doodler Start Pen won't burn ...

Printing Human Tissue? Why Not?
Six years ago in Washington, DC, a State Department security SUV made an illegal left turn and struck me as I crossed the street. My tibial plateau ...

Health study reveals harmful "toxic" effects of 3D printing
A team of scientists has published a study that details the health hazards of 3D printing, which it says causes the release of toxic particles. ...

ICYMI: Printing in 4D, solar panel breakthrough and more
Today on In Case You Missed It: Scientists at Harvard have figured out how to print incredibly small, shape-shifting creations out of hydrogel ...