Refilling your own laser printer cartridge with toner (specifically HP 5L)

Refilling your own laser printer cartridge with toner (specifically HP
5L and 6L).

Well,  I just got a case of free toner for a Pitney Bowes C600.

Well with so much free toner, I think I'll take one of those
empty HP5L cartridges and melt a hole in the top an re fill it
with toner.
I know this toner might be  wrong size, lack magnetic
or electric charge particles properties, but all the
ingredients are trash otherwise.
I also have some other Canon Toner from
another cartridge.

So where do I melt the hole?
PRobably in the top?

Probably the waste bin in the
cartridge does not need to be emptied, but
it is probably  in the bottom?

I suppose waste bin toner can be moved back
to the supply bin and re used?
Thanks in advance

On Feb 17, 9:14 pm, "J" <j12...@excite.com> wrote:
> Refilling your own laser printer cartridge with toner (specifically HP
> 5L and 6L).
>
> Well,  I just got a case of free toner for a Pitney Bowes C600.
>
> Well with so much free toner, I think I'll take one of those
> empty HP5L cartridges and melt a hole in the top an re fill it
> with toner.
> I know this toner might be  wrong size, lack magnetic
> or electric charge particles properties, but all the
> ingredients are trash otherwise.
> I also have some other Canon Toner from
> another cartridge.
>
> So where do I melt the hole?
> PRobably in the top?
>
> Probably the waste bin in the
> cartridge does not need to be emptied, but
> it is probably  in the bottom?
>
> I suppose waste bin toner can be moved back
> to the supply bin and re used?
> Thanks in advance

J12 --

I would be reluctant to reuse toner that has passed thru the machine,
as it has likely picked up contaminants.

As far as procedure, my friend Curtiss writes here:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.periphs.printers/browse_thread/thread/1d3d3eec9aecd2cf/262e10a20745934e?lnk=st&q=priest+drill+%26+fill&rnum=1&hl=en#262e10a20745934e

-----------------
Here are my hints in refilling either PC (A20) or CX (EP) cartridges:

> [...]

>     high and about 7/8 inch wide)

> 3.  Trim excess plastic rim from each opening

> 4.  Take 2 paper towels and tape them lengthwise above
>     and below the holes, and then 2 more paper towels on
>     each side (on the outside of each hole).  Now -- when
>     you shake the spent toner out, it won't coat the outside
>     of the cartridge!

> 5.  STAND UP WIND (and outdoors)!  Shake one end out, then shake the
>     other end out.  Do that twice until no more is liberally
>     coming out.  (Toner washes from hands with soap and water, easily)

> 6.  Peel away the papertowel masking -- clean cartridge!

> 7.  Wipe lip around holes and cut 2" tape about 1 1/2 inch long
>     and tape so that you see sealing on all four sides of each
>     hole, and the tape must not buldge or the door that opens
>     to expose the drum will snag on it.

> 8.  Of course, the 2-5th fills are easier, the holes are already cut.

> 9.  Remove cardboard instructions from toner vessel and cut an
>     oblong hole about 1 1/4 inch high, and about 2 inches wide.
>     Put the hole at one end of the vessel, not in the middle.
>     Again, with an exacto knife (and a papertowel in the hole to
>     catch anything plastic) trim the lip away so tape will be smooth
>     later.
>     (I originally would cut a hole that matched the mouth of
>     the toner bottle -- but that always made the hole come too
>     close to the sides, and the tape wouldn't seal all 4 sides,
> and             it would leak.  There should always be about 1/4 inch of
> flat
>     plastic around this hole.)

>        10.  Remove cap from toner bottle, crush the end of the bottle
> and
>     lip so that it is oblong to match the oblong hole in the
>     cartridge.  This is the real "trick" to avoid a funnel.

>        11.  Poke the snout of the bottle into the cartridge, hold the
>     cartridge so the fill hole is up and the other end is
>     leaning down.  Just shake everything.  The toner falls into
>     the vessel, and the shaking causes it to fall to the other
>     end of the vessel, away from the hole.  If you've been
>     careful there isn't even a trace of toner on the surface.

>        12.  Cut a 2 inch strip of 2" wide plastic tape and seal.  Make
> sure
>     you see all 4 edges go to black as the tape adheres.
>     (don't use electrical tape and do this well because the
>     next time you start shaking the cartridge to remove
>     the spent toner, stuff will fly out of here if not well
>     sealed.)

>        13.  Remove old wick from toner wiper blade (the one on the
>     fuser roller) with a flat bladed screwdriver.  Take
>     replacement wick, remove "sticky back tape" and press into
>     holder, and reinsert into green fuser holder.

> Note: use PC toner for A20's and CX toner for the other.  One is charged
> negatively and the other positively.

> That's it.  Total time for a cartridge that needs cutting is less than
> 1/2 hour.  For a cartridge with the holes, total time goes to 15

0
cgmusselman

Printer Ink

laser printer toner cartridge refills
hello all, My apologies if you've seen this in another ng: I need to replace my toner cartridge for my Personal Laserwriter 300, and noticed that various places on the web offer toner refill kits (which are cheaper than new carts). Are these a good idea? Does anyone have any experience with these? And either way, can anyone recommend a good source for kits or replacement carts? There are a lot of choices out there (I googled). tia, Russ Dumke ...

Online store for Printer Ink Cartridge,Laser Toner,Solid Ink,Refill Kits,Ribbon Cartridge
Abcink.com (http://www.abcink.com/) is a online store for Printer Ink Cartridge,Laser Toner,Solid Ink,Refill Kits,Ribbon Cartridge,printer paper and other printer supplies. Our ink and toner cartridge include canon ink, epson ink, hp ink, lexmark ink, dell ink, brother ink, okidata ink, sharp ink, xerox ink. canon toner, hp toner, lexmark toner, apple toner, dell toner, samsung toner, toshiba toner, ricoh toner, etc. Welcome to Abcink.com In addition to the fact that you are spamming, the prices I saw on the web site are nothing to write home about. I also noticed that the ref...

Laser printer refills for Samsung printers
I would like information on refilling a Samsung laser printer cartridge (2510- model cartridge). Could you give me some locations on where that can be done? Clifton N. Juan I think you could refill any place in Iraq CJ wrote: > I would like information on refilling a Samsung laser printer > cartridge (2510- model cartridge). > Could you give me some locations on where that can be done? > > > > Clifton N. Juan > > CJ <clifjuan99@gmail.com> wrote: >I would like information on refilling a Samsung laser printer >cartridge (2510...

Refilling laser printer cartridge
I have a black & white laser printer for which the toner cartridge is no longer available. However, I can get a bottle of toner for this printer, and a tool to burn a refill hole in the cartridge. Has anyone successfully refilled their B&W laser cartridge using the above? The printer works real well and I'd like to continue using it. "M. N." <MN@private.net> wrote: >I have a black & white laser printer for which the toner cartridge is no >longer available. However, I can get a bottle of toner for this printer, and >a tool to burn a r...

Refilling laser printer cartridges...
.... Specifically the TN6600 and TN6300, which run in the Brother HL-1230. I'm loathe to spend the kind of money that Brother want for fresh cartridges, and I have one of each, including a freshly-finished TN6600. Is it possible to buy (in the UK) a refiller for these, or do I need to take them to a shop and get it done? I passed one in London today called Cartridge World, and I'd be interested in hearing what the view of this outfit is as well. Many thanks. http://www.refilltoner.com/index.htm#menu%20home I have been using these for years and very good value and no...

Laser printer toner refill kits
I've found inexpensive toner refill kits on ebay which claim to be 100% compatible, and very easy to refill. Does anyone have any experience with these kits? Are there any disadvantages? Are they really that easy to use (claim: 5 min)? Not surprisingly, these don't seem to actually sell at auctions, but rather are meant to be bought with the "Buy now!" button. Here's one I found, in case there any question as to what I'm referring to: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=51327&item=3477923250&rd=1 -- eel Tech http://someguy...

Buying toner powder to refill laser printer
Running a Brother HL-1230 laser printer... My TN660 toner cartridge is heading inexorably towards empty and I've had a depressing 10 minutes online looking at the costs of replacements. However, I did see one site offering a 230g bottle of toner refill powder, and I wondered what the group's experience of this has been - is it fairly easy to fill a cartridge with this stuff, does it degrade the quality of the prints, stuff like that. The link to this stuff is http://www.kmsmedia.co.uk/acatalog/Brother_TN6300___TN6600_Toner_Refill_Powder.html and I would be extremel...

Laser printer LBP4: refill cartridges FS
Two Hewlett Packard black ink cartridges in their original sealed packs. 15 GBP plus postage or collect from Bristol or at SW Show. Regards Jack -- Jack Evans Bristol UK mailto:jack@notsoljsevans.co.uk Drop the 'notso' to reply ...

laser printer drum within toner cartridge?
Hi, I have a Brother HL1440 laser printer. I shipped it cross country and it got a big banged up. Now every page I print has a small little blot pattern, it repeats 3 times going down the page. Obviously my main laser-drum thing got nicked up or something. I'm wondering, is it located within the toner cartridge? Then I could just get a new toner and it would be fixed... thanks 1jam <com@example.net> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a Brother HL1440 laser printer. I shipped it cross country and it got >a big banged up. Now every page I print has a small little...

Best value (printer itself and future toner purchases) in a workhorse monochrome laser printer
Our old reliable HP4 is starting to show signs of wear and I am looking at a replacement. With the HP4 it was nice because, due to the huge volumes of them sold, high capacity, reasonably priced, replacement toner was readily available from many sources. I see printers have advanced greatly since the HP4 and are much faster now. I want to make sure that I don't get a printer that has a high cost per page for toner. It also needs to be reliable so that I am not paying for repairs and down time. Does any one particular manufacture stand out as having products that tend t...

Printer addendum for HP printer

NEC SuperScript 860 Laser Printer
eBay auction for new unopened toner cartridge for NEC SuperScript 860. My printer gave up the ghost, and I was left with a 'refill' that I can't use! Get it while it's hot (and cheap!) http://tinyurl.com/5laog Good luck, DLC ...

Web resources about - Refilling your own laser printer cartridge with toner (specifically HP 5L) - comp.periphs.printers

Category:Articles with specifically marked weasel-worded phrases from November 2010 - Wikipedia, the ...

Convertible Notes : Why would an early-stage investor specifically NOT prefer a convertible note structure ...
Answer (1 of 6): There are very clear reasons and the best early-stage investors do price rounds: * If you're an early stage investor you're ...

Emma Watson says she's 'more spiritual than specifically religious'
Emma Watson was no believer. She just couldn't see "Black Swan" director Darren Aronofsky telling the biblical story of Noah.

Robert Rodriguez created Demi Lovato's 'From Dusk till Dawn' character specifically for her - 680 NEWS ...
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. – Robert Rodriguez had been waiting for a chance to work with Demi Lovato since she auditioned for his 2003 movie “Spy ...

Reuters: Google planning new ‘Android M’ specifically for cars
Google is planning to create a version of Android that will run in cars without the need for a connected smartphone according to a new report ...

Samsung bought two patents specifically for use in Apple trial, say attorneys
... , and Samsung is claiming Apple did the same to two of its patents, it has been suggested that Samsung bought the two patents concerned specifically ...

Mad Woman Lauren Reeves Explains the Secrets Behind the Advertising of Alcohol, Vodka Specifically [Video] ...
Hello again! It's me, Lauren, and as part of my ongoing investigation into the secret methodology behind advertising, I've been drinking. Exploring ...

Registered Florida voter Ben Carson doesn’t know much about national policies that specifically affect ...
There’s been quite a bit of talk in the wake of last night’s elections about how nationalized our politics has become . All politics is no longer ...

Facebook Lite is now official, made specifically for emerging markets
... than that. Facebook Lite, a stripped-down version of the full-fledged Facebook app, has just been released to the Google Play Store, made specifically ...