Replacement Ink Cartridges for Epson Printers?

My wife needed to replace some color cartridges for her Epson printer,
so she picked up a complete replacement package made by another
manufacturer, but for the specific printer she had.  When she tried to
print she was not able to,  as a message came up indicating that they
were not authentic Epson cartridges.

She had the package on hand for quite some time before she had to
install new cartriges, and no longer had the receipt and is not even
sure where she bought the package.

She was so annoyed that she replaced the printer with a new other
brand saying that she was not going to be hijacked by Epson.

Before we get rid of the Epson printer I was wondering if there is any
way to get it to work with compatible generic brands of ink
cartridges?

Thanks,
Herb
0
ludwig

On Sun, 03 May 2009 19:10:17 -0700, ludwig.herb wrote:

> My wife needed to replace some color cartridges for her Epson printer,
> so she picked up a complete replacement package made by another
> manufacturer, but for the specific printer she had.  When she tried to
> print she was not able to,  as a message came up indicating that they
> were not authentic Epson cartridges.

They are not.  The printer does not know what kind of crap it is and the
supplier will not tell you who the mfg is.  Return it for a refund.\

By using Epson branded ink you will have less risk to your expensive
printhead, better quality printed images and longer life with less risk of
fading.

> She had the package on hand for quite some time before she had to
> install new cartriges, and no longer had the receipt and is not even
> sure where she bought the package.
>
> She was so annoyed that she replaced the printer with a new other brand
> saying that she was not going to be hijacked by Epson.

Fine then get hijacked by a fly by nite.

> Before we get rid of the Epson printer I was wondering if there is any
> way to get it to work with compatible generic brands of ink cartridges?
>
> Thanks,
> Herb
0
measekite
5/4/2009 2:26:33 AM
On May 3, 7:10=A0pm, ludwig.h...@gmail.com wrote:
> Before we get rid of the Epson printer I was wondering if there is any
> way to get it to work with compatible generic brands of ink
> cartridges?

Which Epson printer.

If you want to avoid this annoying message, one solution would be to
remove the chips from an OEM tank, and use a chip resetter, and place
them on the target tanks.   It's like a sub $20 investment, provided
there is one for your cartridges.

0
IntergalacticExpandi
5/4/2009 2:54:44 AM
measekite wrote:
<---snip lies and bullshit--->
STFU asshole!
0
FBonWin7RC1x64
5/4/2009 4:49:02 AM
On Sun, 03 May 2009 19:54:44 -0700, IntergalacticExpandingPanda wrote:

> On May 3, 7:10 pm, ludwig.h...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Before we get rid of the Epson printer I was wondering if there is any
>> way to get it to work with compatible generic brands of ink
>> cartridges?
>
> Which Epson printer.
>
> If you want to avoid this annoying message, one solution would be to
> remove the chips from an OEM tank, and use a chip resetter, and place
> them on the target tanks.   It's like a sub $20 investment, provided
> there is one for your cartridges.

One can avoid the message by buying new Epson loaded carts and enjoying
the better quality.
0
measekite
5/4/2009 12:26:16 PM
On Sun, 3 May 2009 19:10:17 -0700 (PDT), ludwig.herb@gmail.com wrote:

>My wife needed to replace some color cartridges for her Epson printer,
>so she picked up a complete replacement package made by another
>manufacturer, but for the specific printer she had.  When she tried to
>print she was not able to,  as a message came up indicating that they
>were not authentic Epson cartridges.
>
>She had the package on hand for quite some time before she had to
>install new cartriges, and no longer had the receipt and is not even
>sure where she bought the package.
>
>She was so annoyed that she replaced the printer with a new other
>brand saying that she was not going to be hijacked by Epson.
>
>Before we get rid of the Epson printer I was wondering if there is any
>way to get it to work with compatible generic brands of ink
>cartridges?
>
>Thanks,
>Herb

A friend recently showed me his Epson printer and asked me if it was worth
keeping, and worth buying their outrageously expensive clogging OEM inks
for it. I took it out of his hands and promptly walked over to his shop's
dumpster and threw it in there. Explaining, "That's the only good place for
any Epson brand printer." He trusted my opinion and left it there. It was
where he was going to put it in the first place. I only seconded his
opinion.

0
epinions
5/4/2009 12:56:03 PM
measekite wrote:
> On Sun, 03 May 2009 19:54:44 -0700, IntergalacticExpandingPanda wrote:
>
>> On May 3, 7:10 pm, ludwig.h...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> Before we get rid of the Epson printer I was wondering if there is any
>>> way to get it to work with compatible generic brands of ink
>>> cartridges?
>> Which Epson printer.
>>
>> If you want to avoid this annoying message, one solution would be to
>> remove the chips from an OEM tank, and use a chip resetter, and place
>> them on the target tanks.   It's like a sub $20 investment, provided
>> there is one for your cartridges.
>
> One can avoid the message by buying new Epson loaded carts and enjoying
> the better quality.

How is the quality of that COMPATIBLE photo paper you use?  My guess is
probably about as good as the COMPATIBLE ink that I use.  Are you too
stupid to know you are a hypocrite?
0
Michael
5/4/2009 1:06:45 PM
Epson printer, overall, are probably the most durable and long-lived
printers made in the consumer market, and can be some of the least
costly to run, if used with third party inks.

However, they do require some maintenance to keep them running at their
full quality.

The piezo head design is one of the longest life inkjet head
technologies.  Unlike heads for most other printers, which use thermal
designs, Epson's heads can accept many different types of ink, and the
heads wear very slowly.  Thermal heads all fail over time, most thermal
heads that are not part of the cartridge itself will last up to 10 ink
refills before they require replacement.

Thermal heads which are part of the cartridge often last less number of
refills. Also, unlike Thermal heads, Epson heads don't really wear, so
once they are cleared out, if clogged, they can provide equal to new
output quality.

The two principle issue with Epson printer is that over time the heads
may clog and require some maintenance, and this is particularly true of
printers used in dry climates, or not used for weeks at a time. And
models produced over the last 5 or more years require cartridges which
have a chip on them.  Those chips are supposed to keep people from
refilling cartridges, and admittedly Epson tries to make it hard to
refill them.  However, there are 3rd party cartridges that are designed
for refilling, and some have auto reset cartridge chips as well. MIS
makes some.

Many of the chips can be reset with the assistance of a small battery
operated device selling for under $10 (ebay and other sources on the
internet).

I provide free help regarding basic repair and unclogging of Epson
printers for anyone who makes an email request.

Almost all Epson printers are salvageable and most will work for many
years.  Many of the older models pre-cartridges with chips are still in
use.

Although "eopinions" may not like them, I think he did a disservice to
his "friend" and the environment by discarding the Epson printer.
Whenever I hear people speaking in very black and white terms about a
product millions of people purchase, including professional
photographers and artists, one may wish to question such a strong
prejudice.

If you wish more information on maintaining your Epson printer, just
email me, preferably indicating the model involved and any issue which
has come up.

I can be reached at the email address below, and you will not receive
any spam, I do not release, sell or or trade names, nor am I selling
anything.

e-printerhelp(at)mvps(dot)org

(at) = @
(dot) = .

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
   I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

       http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

epinions.com wrote:
> On Sun, 3 May 2009 19:10:17 -0700 (PDT), ludwig.herb@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> My wife needed to replace some color cartridges for her Epson printer,
>> so she picked up a complete replacement package made by another
>> manufacturer, but for the specific printer she had.  When she tried to
>> print she was not able to,  as a message came up indicating that they
>> were not authentic Epson cartridges.
>>
>> She had the package on hand for quite some time before she had to
>> install new cartriges, and no longer had the receipt and is not even
>> sure where she bought the package.
>>
>> She was so annoyed that she replaced the printer with a new other
>> brand saying that she was not going to be hijacked by Epson.
>>
>> Before we get rid of the Epson printer I was wondering if there is any
>> way to get it to work with compatible generic brands of ink
>> cartridges?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Herb
>
> A friend recently showed me his Epson printer and asked me if it was worth
> keeping, and worth buying their outrageously expensive clogging OEM inks
> for it. I took it out of his hands and promptly walked over to his shop's
> dumpster and threw it in there. Explaining, "That's the only good place for
> any Epson brand printer." He trusted my opinion and left it there. It was
> where he was going to put it in the first place. I only seconded his
> opinion.

0
Arthur
5/5/2009 12:52:46 PM
On Tue, 05 May 2009 05:52:46 -0700, Arthur Entlich wrote:

> Epson printer, overall, are probably the most durable and long-lived
> printers made in the consumer market, and can be some of the least
> costly to run, if used with third party inks.

Now that is a contradiction.  Everybody knows that to get the best image
quality, the least amount of fading, and the lowest risk of clogging your
printhead and thus ruining the printer you need to use OEM ink.

I never said it was not overpriced and very expensive but if you do not
pay you cannot play.  When you get into wide format printers that are
expensive as they all are you really want to protect your investment.

We can always hope for refillable OEM carts where you take of a cap and
poor the ink in a funnel and the ink is sold at a good price.  I do not
think that is in the cards unless one of the big 3 takes a gamble.  It
they can do that and survive they will corner the market.

>snip Long Winded
0
measekite
5/5/2009 5:29:17 PM
epinions.com <spamless@antispam.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 3 May 2009 19:10:17 -0700 (PDT), ludwig.herb@gmail.com wrote:
>
> >My wife needed to replace some color cartridges for her Epson printer,
> >so she picked up a complete replacement package made by another
> >manufacturer, but for the specific printer she had.  When she tried to
> >print she was not able to,  as a message came up indicating that they
> >were not authentic Epson cartridges.
> >
> >She had the package on hand for quite some time before she had to
> >install new cartriges, and no longer had the receipt and is not even
> >sure where she bought the package.
> >
> >She was so annoyed that she replaced the printer with a new other
> >brand saying that she was not going to be hijacked by Epson.
> >
> >Before we get rid of the Epson printer I was wondering if there is any
> >way to get it to work with compatible generic brands of ink
> >cartridges?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Herb
>
> A friend recently showed me his Epson printer and asked me if it was worth
> keeping, and worth buying their outrageously expensive clogging OEM inks
> for it. I took it out of his hands and promptly walked over to his shop's
> dumpster and threw it in there. Explaining, "That's the only good place for
> any Epson brand printer." He trusted my opinion and left it there. It was
> where he was going to put it in the first place. I only seconded his
> opinion.

	You should have your head tied to the printer then dump both of them to
the dumpster.  Your friend should find a real friend and dump you to the
dumpster instead.
0
Joel
5/5/2009 8:29:01 PM
measekite wrote:
<--snipped the bullshit stupid remarks--->

STFU asshole!
0
Frank

Printer Ink

Ink cartridge for Epson printer
Does anybody have a good or bad experience using ink cartridges for Epson (C84) from 4inkjets.com ? Any suggestions for good ink for Epson? I do not want to refill. Thanks "wkhedr" <wkhedr@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:a43ff76b.0410141507.f69cffd@posting.google.com... > Does anybody have a good or bad experience using ink cartridges for > Epson (C84) from 4inkjets.com ? > > Any suggestions for good ink for Epson? > > I do not want to refill. I use em and distribute them - so of course they are good. As below USA and UK Tony --...

Refillable Ink Cartridge for Epson Printer
MassInk Refillable Ink Cartridge for Epson Printer How to control the flow of ink without foam? Refillable Ink Cartridge. Big Savings on Inkjet Printing Costs! High Quality Ink! Fast Delivery! The regular cartridge have smog cases, our refillable cartridge have see through window. So you will never have to figure out how much ink you filled.Our Refillable Cartridge has a totally different structure and meterial used from a regular cartridge! The advantage of our new products is that it can hold large quantity of ink, and the printing will be in a fluent way, no leak as inside the cartridges...

Refillable Ink Cartridge for Epson Printer
MassInk Refillable Ink Cartridge for Epson Printer How to control the flow of ink without foam? Refillable Ink Cartridge. Big Savings on Inkjet Printing Costs! High Quality Ink! Fast Delivery! The regular cartridge have smog cases, our refillable cartridge have see through window. So you will never have to figure out how much ink you filled.Our Refillable Cartridge has a totally different structure and meterial used from a regular cartridge! The advantage of our new products is that it can hold large quantity of ink, and the printing will be in a fluent way, no leak as inside the...

Refillable Ink Cartridge for Epson Printer
MassInk Refillable Ink Cartridge for Epson Printer How to control the flow of ink without foam? Refillable Ink Cartridge. Big Savings on Inkjet Printing Costs! High Quality Ink! Fast Delivery! The regular cartridge have smog cases, our refillable cartridge have see through window. So you will never have to figure out how much ink you filled.Our Refillable Cartridge has a totally different structure and meterial used from a regular cartridge! The advantage of our new products is that it can hold large quantity of ink, and the printing will be in a fluent way, no leak as inside the cartridges w...

[...]

Why does these Epson printers all use different Ink Cartridges.
Yes take similar 6 ink models like 830U, 915 & 925/935 all use different cartridges.. But why, the Printers all have very similar specs..? money, money........think about it. and it's do not does clanger <puss@purrpurr.com> wrote in message news:nu8kpvkikho6adpin2v936spmiemun29kq@4ax.com... > > > Yes take similar 6 ink models like 830U, 915 & 925/935 all use different > cartridges.. > > > But why, the Printers all have very similar specs..? > > All developed at different times. It doesn't really ma...

Refillable Ink Cartridge for Epson Printer #4
MassInk Refillable Ink Cartridge for Epson Printer How to control the flow of ink without foam? Refillable Ink Cartridge. Big Savings on Inkjet Printing Costs! High Quality Ink! Fast Delivery! The regular cartridge have smog cases, our refillable cartridge have see through window. So you will never have to figure out how much ink you filled.Our Refillable Cartridge has a totally different structure and meterial used from a regular cartridge! The advantage of our new products is that it can hold large quantity of ink, and the printing will be in a fluent way, no leak as inside the car...

Web resources about - Replacement Ink Cartridges for Epson Printers? - comp.periphs.printers

Chemistry and Metallurgy Research Replacement Facility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Chemistry and Metallurgy Research Replacement Facility , usually referred to as the CMRR , is a facility under construction at Los Alamos ...

Unsportsmanlike Conduct Called On Replacement NFL Ref Due To Facebook Posts
One of the National Football League ’s replacement officials was removed from his assignment to work the New Orleans Saints ’ visit to the Carolina ...

Facebook Home: Replacement Home Screen for Android
Nicely-designed phone interface that I would personally never want to use. (They’re embedding Helvetica rather than using Google’s crummy Roboto. ...

The Replacements (@TheReplacements) on Twitter
Website has been fixed. Stay tuned to see what other shenanigans we may or may not have up our sleeves... theReplacementsOfficial.

App Store - The Complete Hair Replacement Guide
Get The Complete Hair Replacement Guide on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Nexus 4 Screen Replacement + Frame/Bezel Exchange - YouTube
For the parts or tools needed to perform this repair visit http://www.repairsuniverse.com/lg-nexus-4-e960-screen-replacement-repair-parts.ht ...

Judge rejects class-action over AppleCare’s subpar replacements, calls lawyer ‘manifestly incompetent’ ...
Remember that class-action lawsuit alleging AppleCare+ customers were being given subpar replacement products? This week a federal judge rejected ...

Report: Users Routinely Purge Apps and Look for Better Replacements
... — last around 13 weeks. Millennials tend to keep apps for shorter periods than baby boomers. After deletion, many users look for good replacements, ...

CableCard could finally get a card-less replacement
Comcast could see some new set-top box competition. (credit: Comcast ) What if, instead of renting a set-top box from your cable company, you ...

BMW Z4 and Toyota Supra replacement spied in the snow
Filed under: Spy Photos , BMW , Toyota , Convertible , Hybrid , Performance This prototype shows a wedgier, more traditional shape. The joint ...