right-hand print problem

Hi --
    When I print a page from a site the right-hand side does not print
completely all the way down the page. I changed the right-hand margin to 0" but
the smalles I can get is .25"  I clicked the option to "fit on page" "scale to
fit" and i still can't get the whole right side to print. It got better but I
did not get it all. This only happens on a wweb page. Using HP LaserJet 5L, Win
XP.
    TIA for any help
0
twobtold

"Twobtold" <twobtold@aol.company.net> wrote in message
> Hi --
>     When I print a page from a site the right-hand side does not print
> completely all the way down the page. I changed the right-hand margin
to 0" but
> the smalles I can get is .25"  I clicked the option to "fit on page"
"scale to
> fit" and i still can't get the whole right side to print. It got
better but I
> did not get it all. This only happens on a wweb page. Using HP
LaserJet 5L, Win
> XP.
>     TIA for any help

Its a problem caused by the web page author. I.e.. its over sized. The
only answer in those cases is to change to landscape.
The annoying thing Is its pages with a load of rubbish down the left
hand side. the rubbish gets printed and the important info gets clipped
of.

0
Trev
1/7/2004 12:54:37 PM
"Trev" <trevbowden@claranet.uk.invalid> wrote in message

> Its a problem caused by the web page author. I.e.. its over sized. The
> only answer in those cases is to change to landscape.
> The annoying thing Is its pages with a load of rubbish down the left
> hand side. the rubbish gets printed and the important info gets clipped
> of.

Yes really annoying. Sometimes you can highlight the interesting bit then
print -> print selection.

0
CWatters
1/7/2004 6:55:06 PM
>From: "Trev" trevbowden@claranet.uk.invalid
<1073480078.97421.0@dyke.uk.clara.net>

>Its a problem caused by the web page author. I.e.. its over sized. The
>only answer in those cases is to change to landscape.
>The annoying thing Is its pages with a load of rubbish down the left
>hand side. the rubbish gets printed and the important info gets clipped
>of.

'Trev' has stated the problem exactly. Thou we both agree the left-hand side is
rubbish for our intent, the site owner would not agree.
   Shouldn't the 'scale to fit' option force the whole page to appear
regardless of how oversized it is?
   TIA
0
twobtold
1/7/2004 7:08:54 PM
In article <20040107140854.26022.00002626@mb-m06.aol.com>, Twobtold
<twobtold@aol.company.net> writes
>>From: "Trev" trevbowden@claranet.uk.invalid
><1073480078.97421.0@dyke.uk.clara.net>
>
>>Its a problem caused by the web page author. I.e.. its over sized. The
>>only answer in those cases is to change to landscape.
>>The annoying thing Is its pages with a load of rubbish down the left
>>hand side. the rubbish gets printed and the important info gets clipped
>>of.
>
>'Trev' has stated the problem exactly. Thou we both agree the left-hand side is
>rubbish for our intent, the site owner would not agree.
>   Shouldn't the 'scale to fit' option force the whole page to appear
>regardless of how oversized it is?
>   TIA

With some browsers you can print individual frames, which might help.

--
Timothy Lee http://www.wightproperty.com
0

Printing problems? What printing problems?
Scenario: IE6 (installed using IES4Linux), viewing our slightly dimwitted bugtracking site (still doesn't like Mozzie's cookies). Late for a meeting but I wanted a printout of our buglist. Set it up on the website, print, lpq in a terminal, job verified as queued, printout commences, and apart from a minor and mostly irrelevant font problem in the header of the first page, it works fine. The CUPS setup is a little more complicated, as it needs the username and password to authenticate to our print server, but that wasn't too difficult either. Of course our printers are stock s...

Printing problem.. Is it my problem or the comercial printer?
Hello, I hope you guys can help me. I recently made an ad in adobe illustrator which has a greyscale image with an orange to transparent gradient on top made by creating an opacity mask. Well on the screen it looks fine and so I sent it to the comercial printer. However when the comercial printer gave us the proof it shows a sort of lighter hue band in the area where the orange gradient ends and meets with the grey image below. In other words, instead of the gradient blending smoothly with the grey image below (as it shows on screen!) there is like a lighter strip that just almost ends abroup...

mouse: problem with left-handed, right-handed works
Hi, I'm using KDE 3.3.2 under Linux 2.6.8-2-686 with a 5-button mouse. The mouse works fine in right-handed mode. But if I set it to left-handed (KDE Control Center -> Pheripherals -> Mouse), it appears as if the right-handed and the left-handed mode is mixed. It is hard to describe: Using the index button (in left-handed mode the right one) seems to initiate the actions for both the left and the rigth button (e.g., a menu opens). On the next click, the mouse appears to be right-handed. Then the behaviour repeats. Any ideas? Ulrich Ulrich Scholz wrote: > Hi, > > I&...

CUPS problem? or network problem? or printer problem?
Trying to configure CUPS to print to an HP LaserJet 5si over the network. Here is the relevant error_log stuff: I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Job 14 queued on 'ptr' by 'wm'. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/texttops (PID 12120) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstops (PID 1 2121) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstoraster (P ID 12122) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/rastertoprint er (PID 1...

print problem on a network printer
We have recently changed the IP address of one of the network printers (DNS). I can send the printing jobs to the printer. It sits there queued and not printing. How do I troubleshoot? Joe Philip wrote: > We have recently changed the IP address of one of the network printers > (DNS). I can send the printing jobs to the printer. It sits there queued and > not printing. How do I troubleshoot? > > > Can you telnet to the printer and see if it thinks it is the same IP address as your DNS does? When I telnet to the printer with the "printer name", I get the un...

Problem: printer does not flip right
I use my company's HP laserjet 4100 PCL 6 printer. I need to print double-sided with page not flipped UP. The problem is the page is forced to flip UP, even I tried to uncheck the flip UP, it will always come back to flip UP (with the check mark checked if I view the setting again). I also tried to the left binding or right binding, but it is no way to uncheck the flip UP check mark. I recall that before I did successfully and printed double-sided without flip UP. I do not know whether I did not make a right setup this time (moer likely) or our company disabled this function (less likely...

Problem printing with a network printer
Please help!!!! Environment is VB6 with Windoze XP Professional. I have a timeclock application at one of my sites that prints a line of data and writes to a database whenever an employee 'punches' in or out or off of a job. Right now the printer is local, and connected to the parallel port on the server. A new server is about to be put in place, and it has no parallel port, so the printing will have to be done either to a network printer, or to a printer connected to the server USB port. Here lies the problem! My application is not using the printer object because I can'...

problem printing to a network printer
Here's the setup I have: two eCS 1.2 Refresh systems running with essen- tially identical configurations, except that one is on a PC and the other is on a Virtual Machine running on a Mac under Parallels Desktop. The printer is a LaserJet 6mp with a D-Link print server, connected by Ether- net cable to a D-Link Switch, from which cables go to both PC and the Mac. Running the program Maple V4 on the PC I can print the current worksheet, as well as anything else I need. On the Virtual Machine, running the exact same Maple V4 with the same worksheet, nothing prints on the prin- te...

Problem with printing on POS printer
Please help me, i can print only 20 lines to STAR SP212 POS printer on COM1, then i have error posting "error to write on device". I am using Clarion for DOS 3.0 and Windows 98 operating system. Thank you. "Josip Dvorski" <josip.dvorski@vz.htnet.hr> wrote in message news:<br7rtk$qko$1@ls219.htnet.hr>... > Please help me, i can print only 20 lines to STAR SP212 POS printer on COM1, > then i have error posting "error to write on device". > > I am using Clarion for DOS 3.0 and Windows 98 operating system. > > Thank you. perhaps t...

Problem with printer and print-server
Hi, sorry for my bad english, I wish that someone can help me. I have a printer (Compuprinter 9060) with print-server (d-link DP-301P +) . On As400 I create a OUTQ CRTOUTQ OUTQ(QUSRSYS/PRTPROG2) RMTSYS(*INTNETADR) + RMTPRTQ(LPT1_TEXT) AUTOSTRWTR(1) + CNNTYPE(*IP) + DESTTYPE(*OTHER) TRANSFORM(*NO) + USRDTATFM(QGPL/TSPRWPR) + MFRTYPMDL(*IBM42081) + INTNETADR('10.10.3.74') DESTOPT('XAUT0Q + XAIX') TEXT('Outq') The print is OK, but at the end of the spool, the printer leaves a wh...

Problems printing email to a Lexmark printer
Hi I've done a Google search for this problem and haven't found anything useful. A co-worker of mine has been having trouble printing to a Lexmark printer from Eudora. It's only Eudora that is giving her problems, printing anything else works fine. Basically, the margins seem to be off, as it cuts off the left side of the email. For example, an email that says: Dear Dave Can you please send me the O'Connor file? Will print out as: ear Dave an you please send me the O'Connor file?" I've looked throughout the Eudora settings...

Problems to print bitmaps on a LAN printer
I have problems in printing bitmaps on a printer connected to the LAN. If the printer is connected in the local port LPT1, there is no problem. But if the printer is connected in any print server, all the text is correct but the bitmap is not printed. I tested in CaVo27a and CaVo27b. Some PC's have WinXp and others Win2K. There is only one PC that has Win98. This is the only one that can print in local and remote printers correctly. I have tested in two LAN's one with NetBEUI protocol and the other with TCP-IP protocol. I have tested EPSON ink-jet printers and HP-La...

Problems getting USB printer to print...
Hi Folks! I have tried to get my Brother HL-1650 laser printer to print through the USB port, however these attempts always end in a failure. I have the proper USB drivers loaded, as well as the USB print driver. The USB port properties tell me that the printer is recognized, detected on-line or off-line depending on which state the printer is in. However...when it comes to printing, I can usually get a single print job to come through, after which any other jobs simply produce the print driver "Abort, Retry, Ignore" error message box. It states that the printer is ...

Quark Printing Problem to HP Printers
Here's an interesting one. I've got a client who can't print any Quark document that contains an image to her HP 2200 Printer. The system: eMac running Mac OS 9.2.2 Quark 4.11 HP 2200 connected via USB I've created new Quark documents and tried placing many different images in them, and the same thing happens every time. The HP starts spitting out pages with garbage characters on them. If I remove all images from the documents, the documents will print just fine on the HP. I haven't tried it myself, but the client claims the same thing happens when she tries to prin...

my brother 3220c printer has printing problem
it only prints on two left cartridges swithed colors around they all work took out cartridges dabbed alcohol where ink goes out used canned air to blow out holes. still nothing sounds like a communication problem instead of ink cartridge any answers ...

Eigenvalue problem with right hand side
Hi, I'm trying to solve an expression of the form : A*X - lambda*X = B where A is a known (sparse) matrix and B is a known vector or sparse matrix. I'm looking for V (vector) and lambda (scalar) Is there any way to solve for this using eigs ? Or another method ? Thanks a lot for any suggestion ! In article <40478526$0$28119$626a14ce@news.free.fr>, "Aur�lien" <degemermat@nospam.hotmail.com> writes: >Hi, > >I'm trying to solve an expression of the form : A*X - lambda*X = B >where A is a known (sparse) matrix and B is a known ve...

Print server problem with Laser printer
Hi to all, I bought two print servers Dlink DP-300U (2parallel ports + 1 USP). I connected them in a small office network with TCP/IP protocol. They work correctly with HP plotter and InkJet printers but I have problems with a Laser Printer EPSON EPL 5700L present in Dlink compatibility List (compatible only through parallel port). At the end of the printing a "connection error" message appear on PC and all the LEDs of the print-server begin to flash requiring a reset of the print-server (power switch OFF-ON). The printer works without problem when connected to a PC and shared. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. loreca ...

Printing problems on Uniface to several printers.
Problems on Printing across multiple printers Dear Unis, We have enough about every time that a new printer is purchased our Uniface 7.2.6 + sp4 reports looks like different. We use P_MSWINX as printjobmodel, we have checked the driver for all the HP printers, and we have this problem on HP-1300PS, HP2100 and HP2300. We configured all the printers as RAW, using the same controller (PSCRIPT5.DLL); we have looked at this article http://myuniface.com/frontline/ntk/howto/multipleprinters.htm, Adding the TRUESIZE setting but the problem remains. Sometimes some characters are no...

Problem printing from Panther to XP printer
Hi, I am running Panther on my powerbook, and I am connected to a home network. One of the computers on this network is a PC Running XP Home. Connected to the XP machine is a Samsung ML-2150. THe printer is shared. When I add the printer, however, and try to print something from my Powerbook, the printer spits out pages with nonsense on them, half the pages have garbage, the other half are blank. How can I make the printer print properly from jobs sent over from my Powerbook? Thanks Never mind, I solved the problem. If anybody is having the same problem and needs some...

Problems printing to IR laser printer
I am using TextMaker on my HPC Jornada 720. Every once and a blue moon I print or try to print a document directly from it, without having to serial port the files to my laptop, and then copy them to floppy disk and insert into my Mac to print. As you know the above is somewaht time consuming, but it works flawlessly. last school year I printed hundreds of pages using this method. Well today I tried to print to the HP laser printer in the library, but I kept on receiving this error message "The printer could not be found...." I tried to print 3 more times and the message ...

Problem printing 895cxi deskjet printer.
Hi, I have an HP laptop compaq 9010x with Xp pro on it. after i connect the hp printer 895cxi with parallel cable on lpt1. I must change the port (lpt1) to use an intterupt, only then it prints. but after i do a restart to the system. it don't print again. I must go back to the device settings and change the setting to the default setting and then change the setting back. then it will print again, till the next restart. the problem is like the setting are not kept it the registry. does some one have a solustion? thanks. oren. orens wrote: > Hi, > I have an HP laptop compaq 9010x wi...

color printing problem with hp printers
I have a hp deskjet 990cse. The color stopped printing. I changed the cartridges, both black and color, cleaned the printheads,and made sure the settings were set to color. Photos do not print and colored text prints black. Any suugestions will be appreciated. ...

HP-UX Print Problem
We have OKI 395 dot matrix printers attached to HP JetDirect 170X print servers. We run an application on a HP-UX 11 server which spools print jobs and passes them to the line print daemon. On the LAN this works without error, however we have problems over the WAN, with WAN sites linked via a site-to-site ipsec vpn. The majority of print jobs at these remote sites print without error, however several jobs per day get 'stuck' and print out the same job repeatedly. The only way to resolve this problem is to cancel the print job, which then releases all other jobs in the queue to the ...

Printer omits right side of printed page
I'm using an HP LaserJet 1012 with Windows 98SE. Sometimes, the right hand side of the online page I am printing will be left off the finished copy. I have gone to File, Print Setup, Properties, Effects and have tried to change both options in the Fit To Page dialog box, but neither one fixes the problem. Any suggestions? Print in landscape mode. Some of the web pages are laid out too wide to fit on 8.5" wide paper... Ben Myers On Sun, 22 May 2005 14:33:05 -0400, "Art Landy" <artlandy@comcast.net> wrote: >I'm using an HP LaserJet 1012 with Windows 98SE. S...

Web resources about - right-hand print problem - comp.periphs.printers

Right-hand rule - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ampère's right hand screw rule (also called right-hand grip rule , coffee-mug rule or the corkscrew-rule ) is used either when a vector (such ...

Is Facebook Testing Multiple Images In Right-Hand-Side Ads?
Facebook appears to be testing right-hand-side ads that offer users the ability to browse multiple photos. continued… New Career Opportunities ...

Right hand drive: The Abbott government is doing U-turns on policy
The Abbott government is doing U-turns but are they driven by ideology or finance?

Bronwyn Bishop parting ways with her right-hand man Damien Jones
Some believe the scandal around former Speaker has damaged Damien Jones' chances of becoming an MP.

Lucy Turnbull: Malcolm's right-hand woman
If Malcolm Turnbull becomes prime minister of Australia, the first woman beside him will be no shrinking violet.

Girl, 8, loses right hand in dog attack
The girl, who had injuries below her elbow, is in hospital in Newcastle in an unknown condition.

Navy man attacked by shark loses right hand
PAUL DE GELDER was on the surface of the water, on his back kicking, when the shark attacked.

Right-hand driving will be limited in P.E.I.
The P.E.I. government is limiting the use of right-hand drive vehicles.

Is Facebook Testing Multiple Images In Right-Hand-Side Ads? - SocialTimes
Facebook appears to be testing right-hand-side ads that offer users the ability to browse multiple photos.