Stepping up from HP 970 to HP 2515 -- Ink Costs & Photo Quality

I'm intrigued by the new HP 2515 having built in Networking and supposedly
improved photo printing over my 970.

Does anyone have a feel for:

1.  Is the photo printing significantly better than the 970?  I thought both
the 970 and the 2515 have Photo RET III.  Althought the 2515 evidently also
supports RET IV with a photo cartridge.

2.  Difference in cost per page or print life of the 2515?  The 2515
cartridges seem to be signficantly smaller than the 970 cartridges.  The
cost doesn't seem to be as high for the 2515 carts, but if I have to replace
them twice as often, then I'm not really saving anything.

3.  Does the 2515 gracefully handle fast user switching for the scanner?  My
visioneer constantly locks up when I switch user IDs and I have to reboot
before I can access the printer.

Any other feedback on the 2515/2415 would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Ray.

Ray

"Ray Price" <rayprice@everestkc.net> wrote in message
> 1.  Is the photo printing significantly better than the 970?  I thought
both
> the 970 and the 2515 have Photo RET III.  Althought the 2515 evidently
also
> supports RET IV with a photo cartridge.

I have a PhotoREt III printer (DeskJet 930c) and PhotoREt IV (Photosmart
7350).  Photo printing is significantly better on the Photosmart in either
mode.

> 2.  Difference in cost per page or print life of the 2515?  The 2515
> cartridges seem to be signficantly smaller than the 970 cartridges.  The
> cost doesn't seem to be as high for the 2515 carts, but if I have to
replace
> them twice as often, then I'm not really saving anything.

I use my Photosmart 7350 strictly for photos.  Ink consumption doesn't seem
particularly high -- I've been running on the original 56/57/58 cartridges.
The color is running out just now, about eleven months since I purchased the
printer.  I've printed at least 40 4x6's and a couple 8x10's -- and also a
few documents with pictures.  I use a combination of all the cartridges.
Color is at about 15%, photo at 45% and black at 50%.

0
xNokia3390x

hp
I have - hope sometime not so long ago, to say: "I had" - an hp pavillion zv5290ea. Some time - 8 months ( could you beleive it? ) - my dvd drive has gone away. I've done a million of calls to hp support center and they didn't change my drive neither wanted to see it. I also have a hp printer, that does not work well, it always has printing problems. A friend of mine told me that hp is going to be splited again into hp and compaq. Could this be true? ...

HP Photo Printers and HP 7410 Cartridges
Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? Yes You get far more natural colors skin tones the #58 is well worth it "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... > Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between > the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > "John" <john.boyzo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:cojvlf$o5f$1@possum.melbpc.org.au... > "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message > news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... >> Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between >> the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > Yes > You get far more natural colors skin tones > the #58 is well worth it The Officejet 7410 uses a new series of cartridges. In the US the photo cartridge is a #99, and it replaces the black cartridge and works with the color cartridge. The #58 cartridge is not compatible with the Officejet 7410. The photo cartridge gives somewhat better graduations of tones, especially in light areas such as sky or faces. Regards, Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP ...

Choosing the Right Photo Printer.(hp photo printer binoculars)
hp photo printer binoculars, The photo printers in the market provide great quality photo printing; they are affordable and easy to use. If you choose the right photo printer, you can easily print great digital photos and be amazed. If you do not feel ready to start using a photo printer yet, you can also find an inkjet printer that produces good quality high resolution pictures. There are also mobile photo printers if you are planning to print on the go. Here are the important points to consider when buying a photo printer: Resolution, Resolution is one of the most important...

Input on HP 5150, HP 5550, or HP 5650 inkjet printers
Hi everyone, I'm trying to decide between buying the Hewlett Packard 5150, 5550 or 5650 inkjet printer. I'm going to be using the printer mainly for text, but will also be printing documents containing text and graphics/photos, so the quality of print is important to me Does anyone have any feedback on experiences they've had with any of these printers? Thanks, Joanne My results with the 5550 & HP papers are excellent. ===================================== "Joanne" <jnonkoh@DONTSPAMrogers.com> wrote in message news:N_0ib.284895$Lnr1.182933...

HP 4890 & HP software
Looking for any comments on the HP 4890 & its software package. I plan to scan the old 35mm & 2 1/4 slides. Ease of use and speed are important. I don't have a critical eye. I have a Canon 5000F for document scanning. Any comments or opinions will be appreciated. Art I've had a 4890 for about 3 days. Scanning slides is great. I've scanned about 2000 slides so far. I've been scanning at 2400dpi. Someone else was posting that it wasn't actually noticeable/usable at 4800 or 9600 dpi. It has a template for 16 35mm slides and the software lets yo...

<Plug> Hewlett-Packard MPE/iX & HP-UX Servers and peripherals (Buy & Sell
We at Cypress Technology would like to take this opportunity to reintroduce ourselves to you and any new members of your organization. As a friendly reminder, Cypress Technology was established to provide our clients with the best values on Hewlett Packard HP-UX & MPE/iX systems and all related peripherals. If you are searching for any Hewlett-Packard hardware at this time or looking to upgrade an existing server or workstation, let me know and I can give a competitive price quotation for your needs. Feel free to call or email if you have any HP hardware that you wish to sel...

Hp 970 printer
I have an Hp 970 printer. The printer does not print after I changed the black ink. Does the color ink cartridge need to be change also for it to print? The color ink cartridge is also empty. ...

Hp 970 printer
I have an Hp 970 printer. The printer does not print after I changed the black ink. Does the color ink cartridge need to be change also for it to print? The color ink cartridge is also empty. It will not print if either cart is seen as "empty". "www.mo-de.net" <nospam@.mo-de.net> wrote in message news:jA4ud.22885$Yh2.9477397@twister.nyc.rr.com... > I have an Hp 970 printer. The printer does not print after I changed > the black ink. Does the color ink cartridge need to be change also for > it to print? The color ink cartridge is also empty. "Dan G" <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote in message news:ld2dnZqe9rJsciXcRVn-pg@comcast.com... > "www.mo-de.net" <nospam@.mo-de.net> wrote in message > news:jA4ud.22885$Yh2.9477397@twister.nyc.rr.com... >> I have an Hp 970 printer. The printer does not print after I changed >> the black ink. Does the color ink cartridge need to be change also for >> it to print? The color ink cartridge is also empty. > It will not print if either cart is seen as "empty". That is not quite true. Either or both cartridges may be empty and the printer will still print (or try to). There are some electrical checks the printer performs before printing, and if either cartridge has too many shorted or open lines the cartridge may be rejected. For starters, open the lid and see these the carriage moves. There are a se...

HP 960 C Deskjet printer
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not hel...

Astech Hardcase for HP 32SII, HP 42S, HP 22S, HP 32S, HP 17BII, PIONEER SERIES
Just got some brand new Astech Industries hardcases. Email iqbal@tstt.net.tt for further information. Ideal hardcase for protecting your pioneer series calculator. ...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

HP-49G, HP-49G+, HP-42S
Hmm.... Back when I was an engineering undergrad (1989) I purchased an HP-42S calculator. That calculator quickly became indispensible to me. Without it all my engineering homework and exams would have been much harder. To this day I still use it as my primary calculator. With the leather carrying case I purchased for it back then the calculator has remained in pristine condition save for a little dust now and then. I decided about a year ago to purchase the HP-49G because I honestly thought that HP was getting out of the calculator business forever and it had been over ten years since ...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

Any *good* printer drivers for HP Photosmart 7550 Photo printer?
I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5, however many pictures at one shot. I have to print one picture, put it back into the paper tray, and hope that in the next few attempts I won't print over another picture. There should at least be software that will provide the option to show the last few prints where they were on the page. SOFTWARE PROGRAMERS...here's an overlooked oportunity to make money...this is definately needed. Type in the preferred size of a picture and how many of that picture you want printed. Select 3, 8, or however many different pictures you want printed. When your batch is complete, press PRINT. Walk away. Come back to find all 32 (or whatever) pictures printed in the way the computer has chosen as the most efficient use of space...! Need to trim an 1/8" off a pic to make it fit? The software will give you the option to change the size if needed and by how much (measurment and/or percentage reduction. Tell me-does that exhist? Thanks for looking into this stuff for me. "Curious" <dave_williamson@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1105877233.735476.184530@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will > allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5, however many > pictures at one shot. I have to print on...

HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G Pinout Question...
Hi there, Can anyone please tell me if the HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G (not G+) have the same pinout? Also do they all use the same ten pin double row connector, 2mm headers? Also if yes above, do any other HP calculators have the same pinouts as above? Thanx. Therese wrote: > Can anyone please tell me if the HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G (not G+) > have the same pinout? Also do they all use the same ten pin double row > connector, 2mm headers? I know these calculators have the same hardware (apart from memory), then they have the same pinout. I know at least ...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

<Plug> HP e3000 (MPE/iX) & HP 9000 (HP-UX) Server
Below is a pricing guide of internal disk drives for most of the HP e3000 & HP 9000 server line. Feel free to email if you have any questions or want pricing but do not see your HP server listed. All disks have a one-year warranty & include mounting hardware.=20 HP e3000 (MPE/iX) & 9000 (HP-UX) Server - Internal Disk Drives HP e3000 - A & N Class MPE/iX Servers HP 9000 - rp74xx, rp54xx, rp24xx, N4000, A500, & L2000 Class HP-UX Servers=20 36GB Hot Plug Ultra2 SCSI Disk Drive - $160.00 73GB Hot Plug Ultra2 SCSI Disk Drive - $275.00 146GB Hot Plug Ultra2 SCSI D...

HP 48SX & HP 28S for Sale
For more informations, see the ebay pages : http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7571117228&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1 http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7571121003&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1 ...

HP 49G+ & printing on HP DeskJet340
Hi! While I'm waiting for my HP 49G+ to arrive, I'm wondering whether it is possible to print from the calc to DeskJet 340 IrDA printer? (I have one which still works, so it would be handy to extend its usage.) I saw few posts on Google, but nothing for the HP DJ3440. Sincerely, Gour ...

new hp pcl printers not compat with hp?
we have few hp1200, hp1015 and hp1160 printers working with dos app/pcl dos app prepares pcl font, sends it to the printer, and later sends page by page of clear text, it works nice with old printers new hp2014 is also very nice lpt pcl5 printer, but it has strange timeout if next page is not sent inside few seconds interval, printer resets previously downloaded fonts to default font, so successive pages became useless is there some pjl setting to remove this timeout [i've already seen few posts people canceled their new hp printer purchase by the reason they are not compatible with old pcl5 style] any suggestion? Have you tried PCL <Esc>*c5F command to designate the just downloaded font as 'permanent'? Just a thought... =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D On Mar 19, 1:28=A0pm, "sali" <s...@euroherc.hr> wrote: > =A0 =A0 =A0 we have few hp1200, hp1015 and hp1160 printers working with do= s > app/pcl > =A0 =A0 =A0 dos app prepares pcl font, sends it to the printer, and later = sends > page by page of clear text, it works nice with old printers > =A0 =A0 =A0 new hp2014 is also very nice lpt pcl5 printer, but it has stra= nge > timeout > =A0 =A0 =A0 if next page is not sent inside few seconds interval, printer = resets > previously ...

Difference between HP 48GII & HP 49G+
What is the difference? HP 48GII is more cheper than the HP 49G+ I need a calculator for STATISTICS use Many thanks -- cerco una calcolatrice programmabile che sia collegabile al pc vanno bene sia le HP che le Texas. Contattatemi con richieste e foto. TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscaliTOGLIQUESTO.it Some days are better than others <cezanne76@tiscali.TOGLIQUESTO.it> wrote: > What is the difference? > HP 48GII is more cheper than the HP 49G+ > I need a calculator for STATISTICS use The 48gII has: - Smaller screen (64 pixels high, not 80) - Less memory - No SD card - Serial instead...

train for HP 49g & HP 49g+
Hi Folks, This is a rewrite of the HP 48 train program for the HP 49g and HP 49g+, originally posted here 10th October 1991. http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=1991Oct10.182325.2360%40usenet%40CS.ORST.EDU The train program sends a train across the top of the screen. It generates self dissipating smoke and occasionally toots. A smoke billowing module has been added. The first annotated source is for the HP 49g. The second listing is for the HP 49g+. Jeremy |-) jeremy@peak.org %%HP: T(3)A(D)F(.); @ train - HP49g - 4th October 2004 - Jeremy Smith \<< MEM DROP DEPTH 190 1 FS?C PICT ...

HP IIIP Printer / compared to / HP 2300 ??
I have a small office in connection with my business. I have used Hewlett Packard IIIP for about 12 years. It delivers a beautiful print, but is worn out, and is really slow. I bought a brand new HP 2300, which is a good, small printer, ideal for business use. Here is my problem: While the print quality of the new printer is very nice and high-quality laser print, I just simply cannot get the same "bold", deep , almost-saturated print look that I had with my IIIP. At first, I thought that I just needed to adjust the density menu setting, and/or the resolution settin...

Web resources about - Stepping up from HP 970 to HP 2515 -- Ink Costs & Photo Quality - comp.periphs.printers

Stepping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stepping Stones - Daily Routines on the App Store on iTunes
Get Stepping Stones - Daily Routines on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Duane Reade is stepping it up. - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Mike and Mike react to the Ndamukong Suh excuse for stepping on Aaron Rodgers. - YouTube
Mike and Mike react to the Ndamukong Suh excuse for stepping on Aaron Rodgers. - YouTube

Stepping on to creativity springboard
Q&A: Numerous business schools and organisations now boast entrepreneurship challenges for residents of the UAE. But what purpose do these contests ...

Socceroos' loss to Jordan an important stepping stone en route to bigger challenges
The Jordan loss was a tremendous learning moment, one the Socceroos will benefit greatly from because it provides another opportunity to evolve ...

Australia-China FTA a stepping stone rather than an end point
Once an FTA is achieved, it is up to companies to use their wits to secure better market access and go for sources of growth in each other’s ...

Jack Wighton's stepping stone to State of Origin and becoming a father
Canberra Raiders back Jack Wighton called into the NSW camp for Origin experience.

Wellington Phoenix latest news: Third Sydney team not ‘stepping on the toes’ of Sydney FC if granted ...
A THIRD Sydney A-League team based in the city’s south and in the Illawarra would not be stepping on the toes of Sydney FC, according to one ...