two different kinds of cartridges for canon printers?

Hello,

I'm sure this problem has been raised before, but I didn't find the
answer when I googled for it, nor when I searched Canon's website, nor
when I asked people in person.

I have two Canon printers: the BJC-2000 and the BJC-4550.  Both of them
are supposed to take the BC-20 cartridge, which I have installed, and
the BCI-21, which I have not.  The problem is that the BCI-21 is very
different in shape and size from the BC-20.  The BCI-21, even when
paired (color + black), is not quite a matchup to the BC-20.

What's going on?  Why do several diferent sources say that these
cartridges are interchangeable?  If they are interchangeable, HOW do I
install the BCI-21?

Thank you for all answers.

Ted Shoemaker

0
Ted

The BC-20 cartridge is an integrated printhead cartridge.

The BCI-21 is a tank (available in black and tri-color)
which is installed in the BC-21e printhead.

You will need a BC-21e printhead to run BCI-21 cartridges.

--
WeInk.com Technical Support
Toll Free Support: 1-888-825-0759
"Ted Shoemaker" <shoemakerted@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Hello,
>
> I'm sure this problem has been raised before, but I didn't find the answer
> when I googled for it, nor when I searched Canon's website, nor when I
> asked people in person.
>
> I have two Canon printers: the BJC-2000 and the BJC-4550.  Both of them
> are supposed to take the BC-20 cartridge, which I have installed, and the
> BCI-21, which I have not.  The problem is that the BCI-21 is very
> different in shape and size from the BC-20.  The BCI-21, even when paired
> (color + black), is not quite a matchup to the BC-20.
>
> What's going on?  Why do several diferent sources say that these
> cartridges are interchangeable?  If they are interchangeable, HOW do I
> install the BCI-21?
>
> Thank you for all answers.
>
> Ted Shoemaker

0
T_S
9/30/2004 3:35:39 AM
The BCi-21 cartridges (Black and Colour) fit into a removable printhead
(BCi-21e).
You can purchase this item over the net or in reputable computer stores.
It comes ready supplied with one of each tank and fits in place of the
BC-20.
This then allows you both black and or colour output.
regards
Stick
"Ted Shoemaker" <shoemakerted@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Hello,
>
> I'm sure this problem has been raised before, but I didn't find the answer
> when I googled for it, nor when I searched Canon's website, nor when I
> asked people in person.
>
> I have two Canon printers: the BJC-2000 and the BJC-4550.  Both of them
> are supposed to take the BC-20 cartridge, which I have installed, and the
> BCI-21, which I have not.  The problem is that the BCI-21 is very
> different in shape and size from the BC-20.  The BCI-21, even when paired
> (color + black), is not quite a matchup to the BC-20.
>
> What's going on?  Why do several diferent sources say that these
> cartridges are interchangeable?  If they are interchangeable, HOW do I
> install the BCI-21?
>
> Thank you for all answers.
>
> Ted Shoemaker

0
Stick

Printer Ink

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

HP printer vs. Canon printer

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

Need to redirect two copies of a job to two different trays of a printer.
Hi , I have a very critical printing incidence, At one of my customer's premises, we need to print two copies of every invoice, and we need to direct each copy to different tray of the HP 4250tn printer. Can you suggest anything that I can do to achieve this? Or do you know any software that have the feature to avail it? Please guide ASAP On 28 Feb 2006 19:32:28 -0800, gres_manoj@yahoo.com wrote: >Hi , >I have a very critical printing incidence, >At one of my customer's premises, we need to print two copies of >every invoice, and we need to direct each copy...

want second printer driver for a printer with different specs
In the book, "Special Edition- Using Microsoft Windows Vista", the author says one of the reasons to install another driver on pg. 208: "You want to set up different printer preference sets for a single physical printer.....". Sounds good, but I can't see how to do it. In the printer folder, I can see a button for Add a Printer- but will that process succeed in loading a second, identical driver? (one that I can modify) Joe "Joe" <abc@xyz.com> wrote: >In the book, "Special Edition- Using Microsoft Windows Vista", the au...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

Two Printers Different output
Hi Folks Two Smasung printers (1510) Two XP operating Sytems Two copies of Eudora in Sponsored Mode One eudora collects mail and autoprints it but leaves on server One eudora collects mail prints it and deletes from server HOWEVER the second copy of eudora prints the page differently with about an extra cm which cuases two pages to print out Nightmare , any ideas why extra space is being added on second printout I have checked every setting possible and they all seeem to be identical ANY IDEAS -- Cheers Paul [Bluesky Marketing] .....................................

How can I send a print to a different printer than the default printer?
I want to send my print to a different printer than the default printer. The only argument i have is the 'cDevice'. Is it possible to do that ? Regards George Hi George, try this: FUNCTION SetDefaultPrinter(cPrinter AS STRING) AS LOGIC // Set the given printer to be the default printer // cPrinter: name of printer to be made default // returns: whether successful LOCAL hPrinter AS PTR LOCAL pInfo AS _WinPrinter_Info_2 LOCAL size AS DWORD LOCAL done AS LOGIC IF OpenPrinter(String2Psz(cPrinter), @hPrinter, NULL_PTR) GetPrinter(hPrinter, 2, NULL_PTR, 0, @size)...

Web resources about - two different kinds of cartridges for canon printers? - comp.periphs.printers

Cartridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TI-99/4A Pitfall cartridge demo - YouTube
Retrocloud's adaptation of the classic Pitfall game - for the TI-99/4A. Filip has remade the classic game, and it works in a 32K EPROM! (Sorry ...

Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges
Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges

Atari's E.T. The Extraterrestrial cartridges found in landfill
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari E.T. The Extraterrestrial game cartridges ...

Diggers find hundreds of Atari 'E.T.' and other game cartridges in New Mexico landfill - CTV News
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari "E.T." game cartridges that some call the ...

Dollar Shave Club Claims to Top Schick As No. 2 Cartridge - CMO Strategy - Advertising Age
Dollar Shave Club claims it passed Schick to become the No. 2 razor cartridge brand by volume in July, a little more than three years after the ...

Rocker Releases Album on Nintendo Gaming Cartridges
Rocker Jon Black, who performs as Fort Atlantic, decided to offer his latest album on original Nintendo cartridges. As the music industry's brick-and-mortar ...

City of Alamogordo votes to auction off 800 Atari cartridges
Megan Geuss The city of Alamogordo, NM voted late Tuesday night to auction off 800 of the 1,300 Atari cartridges that were dug up during an ...

This is why our brains lied to us about blowing into Nintendo cartridges
Before they were the basis of hip soaps or remade as even hipper clocks, Nintendo’s cartridge games were a source of delight and vexation for ...