USB Port on HP PhotoSmart 8450 printer... Only USB 1.1?

Hello. I have a HP PhotoSmart 8450 printer. I used its USB port, on the
bottom left of the printer, to connect USB 2.0 Flash Sticks/Drives/...
It seems to access files very slow. It feels like USB 1.1 speed. Does
anyone know if this is supposed to be 2.0 speed? Is there a way to check?
I was not able to find this information in my printer manual and on HP's
Web site.

I tried disconnecting the printer from the computer motherboard's USB
port WITH its 2'(?) USB extension cord (printer is on my bookshelf and
not close enough to the computer) and connecting the same USB stick/drive
to the extension cord, it is fast so it cannot be the computer, its USB
port, and the extension cord.

Printing seems fine. I don't know how fast the USB is going for it. Maybe
it is not noticeable between 1.1 and 2.0. Maybe the printer's USB port
only does 1.1? I don't know.

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"The general, unable to control his irritation, will launch his men to the assault like swarming ants, with the result that one-third of his men are slain, while the town still remains untaken. Such are the disastrous effects of a siege." --Chapter 3 in Sun Tzu's The Ancient Art of War (Translated by Lionel Giles)
  /\___/\
| |o   o| |          Ant's Quality Foraged Links (AQFL): http://aqfl.net
   \ _ /                        Please remove ANT if replying by e-mail.
    ( )
0
ANTant

USB 2.0 printers and USB 1.0/1.1 computers
I need a new printer, being fed up with the POS Epson 740 I have now. I was considering an HP LaserJet 1012, but noticed it has a USB 2.0 port only. I've got a Rev B iMac with USB 1.0 or maybe (but I doubt it) USB 1.1. I've searched the 'net to no avail as to whether 2.0 peripherals are backwards-compatible to older USB computers. Since you all are a well-informed bunch, I figured someone here would know. Thanks! > I've searched the 'net to no avail as to whether 2.0 >peripherals are backwards-compatible to older USB computers. Since >you all are a well-infor...

New Printer with USB 2.0 - Old PC with USB 1.1 Ports
I am FINALLY getting around to getting a new printer - but I have a 4 year old laptop that has two USB 1.1 ports. Will a new printer with a USB 2.0 connection work with my laptop? I heard it will - but will be slower than designed to be. I am planning on getting another HP OfficeJet (my old one lasted 7 years!!!!). Also, can I use a regular USB 1.1 cable? Is there a difference between USB cables (2.0 different than 1.1?). Thanks! Paula On 31 Jul 2006 17:25:13 -0700, pokee@shaw.ca wrote: >I am FINALLY getting around to getting a new printer - but I have a 4 >year o...

HP PSC1210 USB 1.1 or USB 2?
Hi all, is this printer USB 1.1 or USB 2?? Everywhere I go to find this out, it only tells me its USB Which doesnt tell me a hell of a lot lol. Any info appreciated Cheers From the truly sketchy information on the HP web site, I would have to guess that the PSC1210 supports USB 1.1 and takes advantage of the higher throughput of USB 2.0. HP supports the product (drivers, etc) running with Windows 98, which, for all intents and purposes, knows nothing about USB 2.0... Ben Myers On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:19:08 +1300, "Paul" <goneouttolunch@home.com> wrote: >Hi all, is t...

USB 2 printer and a USB 1 computer
Hi, I have a computer with USB 1 and want to buy a printer with a USB 2 interface. I also have a couple of other USB 1 devices. Does this cause problems ? Ton -- Computer museum tonh: http://www.tonh.net GGGallery website generator: http://www.tonh.net/gggallery - Added a PDP 8 On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 00:31:36 +0200, "Ton den Hartog" <tonh@xs4all.nl> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a computer with USB 1 and want to buy a printer with a USB 2 >interface. I also have a couple of other USB 1 devices. Does this cause >problems ? > Most USB 2 devi...

USB 2.0 Device compatible to USB 1.1 port?
Dear all, I'm interested in purchasing a new scanner, but my computer does not have the newer USB 2.0 ports in the back, only the 1.1 ports. Can I safely hook up a scanner that has USB 2.0 output? Thanks! "Bogrod" <bo130@excite.com> wrote in message news:452bc0dc.0312090809.60f1cfdd@posting.google.com... > Dear all, > > I'm interested in purchasing a new scanner, but my computer does > not have the newer USB 2.0 ports in the back, only the 1.1 ports. Can > I safely hook up a scanner that has USB 2.0 output? Thanks! Yes, th...

USB 1.1 cable on 2.0 printer?
Hello. Just ordered a Canon i560 printer; the specs say it has a USB 2.0 interface. I have some USB 1.1 cables floating around; can I use them on the 2.0 interface? Any signal integrity issues? Thanks! If you see a 'X' in my address, please remove it before e-mailing me. Do not add me to any MicroSoft address book; I do not want your viruses. I track and report spam; do not send me junk mail. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The FAQ files v1.21 for the Tropez, and v1.01 for the TBS-2001 sound boards can be obtained ...

move ZFS mountpoint from USB 1.1 to USB 2.0 port
I created a mountpoint called /tdusb1 on a USB 1.1 port conncted to a 1TB LaCie hard drive. I discoverd that our system has a USB 2.0 port and want to move the logical mountpoint to a new physical USB port. How do I do it? Actually, I will need to do the same sort of thing from one Solaris 10 system to another in the future. I don't care about plug-and-play and hot swappable as long as I can read the same drive from different Sun systems. I assume that there are ZFS related commands for doing this but don't want to experiment too much as the USB hard drive already has valuable stuff ...

USB 1.1 and USB 2.0
Dear all, Could I use a win32 function to get the USB port is suport USB 1.1 or USB 2.0? I want to write a program to access the USB devices and show them is in the USB 1.1 or USB 2.0. Could everyone help me to find the function call? Or where I can find any relative information? Thanks. ---Ted Hi, Well, removable ms-dos devices such as USBs can be accessed through the \\\\.\\PhysicalDrive#. Call the API QueryDosDevice(), and get a list of all existing MS-DOS device names. You can also use the function DefineDosDevice() to define the device name as well. That said, whe...

USB 1.0 or 1.1??
Howdy! Googled this as much as I could, but no luck. I have a reasonably old Toshiba Satellite 4030CDT notebook. I'd like to know what kind of USB port it has. The "revision" I think it's called. You know 1.0, 1.1 or 2.0. I'm sure it's not 2.0 but I'd like to know if it's 1.1 or 1.0. Does anybody know of a way to tell what revision a USB port is? Or if not, does anyone know what revision is on a Toshiba 4030CDT? Penno "penno" schrieb > I have a reasonably old Toshiba Satellite 4030CDT notebook. I'd like > to know what...

boot up freezes up after installing usb apple driver 1.4.1 for belkin usb 2 port F5U005
i have a beige desktop mac g3 running OS 9.2.2, after installing the belkin usb 2 port F5U005 and following the installation instructions from belkin to install the usb extension from apples website (1.4.1) my mac now freezes up constantly upon booting up. if i disable the usb support 1.4.1 usb support extension my system boots up fine but then i cannot use the usb ports for they are unfunctional. any help would be greatly appreciated. In article <1141307579.154895.277350@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>, Greg <thesimonisfamily@yahoo.com> wrote: > i have a beige desktop mac g3...

USB 1.1 Host with no hardware USB core
We're working on an embedded device that needs to talk to USB mass storage devices. We have several processor options, some with internal USB cores, and some that will require external cores. The OS will be something simple, and not of the order of an embedded Linux or Windows CE. Most of the processors have a rich set of I/O pins, so I was wondering, has anyone tried emulating a USB 1.1 host (or subset) using just the processor and software (and a jack, the appropriate pull-ups, etc.)? I'm looking into this on the side, mostly for my own curiosity. My guess is it can be...

how can you tell if you have usb 1.1 or usb 2
How can you tell from windows 2000 if you have a usb1.1 or usb2.0 connector? "Laura" <handl@mts.net> wrote in message news:e0ddcf8.0407291201.1dc73116@posting.google.com... > > How can you tell from windows 2000 if you have a > usb1.1 or usb2.0 connector? Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager. Then right click on the USB hub(s) and click Properties. Another way is to plug in a known USB 2.0 device into the port. The system will pop a warning if the port is USB 1.1. dk "Laura" > How can you tell from windows 2000 if you ...

USB 1.1
Does anybody know if USB 1.1 host support connecting USB 2.0 peripheral ? I know that you can connect the USB 1.1 peripheral device to USB 2.0 host PC. Thanks, Martin Roth Motorola Israel Martin Roth wrote: > Does anybody know if USB 1.1 host support connecting USB 2.0 peripheral ? > > I know that you can connect the USB 1.1 peripheral device to USB 2.0 host > PC. > > Thanks, > > Martin Roth > Motorola Israel In most cases, USB 2.0 devices will "downshift" to 1.1 speeds. You might find a device that was unable to do so, because it needed ...

let 1 computer believe that thru USB/serial connector the other one is a HP printer ?
Hello, I have the following problem: I have a linux machine with usb ports. Its a factory machine on which I cannot do anything (nor soft nor hardware changes). The linux machine containes all the HP printer drivers. So connecting an external HP printer thru USB is no problem. Now I want to connect an other computer instead of a printer, so the printout could be directly integrated into a Dbase. I can connect both machines thru a usb/serial adaptor. BUT the print to external printer only works if a external printer is recognised. So when connecting thru USB/serial - there is no '...

Web resources about - USB Port on HP PhotoSmart 8450 printer... Only USB 1.1? - comp.periphs.printers

Multi Function Devices - Review - Canon Pixma, HP Photosmart
A multifunction device designed to print, scan, copy and even send faxes could make the perfect addition to your study or home office.

Wireless HP Photosmart reviews and sweepstakes with 8 ways to win!
... find out who won this, and other BlogHer special offers HERE!  HP has asked seven "tethered" BlogHers to try out their new Wireless HP Photosmart ...

HP Photosmart 7510 e-All-in-One review
The Photosmart 7510 is an excellent printer for home offices and families that will take advantage of its wireless printing features like ePrint ...

HP brings AirPrint, ePrint to Photosmart 7520, 6520 printers
HP has introduced two all-in-one printers with remote printing, each aimed at students going back to school or college. Both the Photosmart 7520 ...

HP's Photosmart eStation Android tablet hands-on (update: video!)
So here it is, after months of details coming to light an inkdrop at a time, the HP eStation all-in-one printing solution. But we\'re not gonna ...

HP Photosmart eStation: An Android Tablet and Printer-In-One For $400
... $400 Android tablet—with a docking printer thrown in for good measure—sounds too good to be true, that's because it is, kind of. But HP's Photosmart ...

Hands-On With HP’s Photosmart eStation Printer And Its Detachable Android Tablet (Video)
... Envy brand that’s meant to complement the company’s laptops by the same name. But the one that grabbed our attention was the Photosmart eStation, ...

Review: HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One printer
For a light-volume home or student user, this multifunction printer offers decent speed and features, and average-priced inks.

HP Photosmart Pro B9180 Photo Printer
The HP Photosmart Pro B9180 Photo Printer prints superb photos on your choice of fine-art papers.

HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer review: fast home machine with great output quality
The best features of HP's $200 Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One multifunction inkjet printer (MFP) may be its output quality and the 4.33-inch LCD ...