What brand Printable CDR to use with Canon i865/i965 printers

Hi

Has anyone had experience with various brand of blank printable CDR's for
use with Canon i865/965 printers.  Canon recommend Maxell but these are
difficult to obtain in the uk.  Verbatim are easier to obtain but I have no
idea if they print ok.

Bryan

0
Bolton

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

i960 Canon printer...what other brands can I use for photos
Just curious because Costco sells other photo paper here but not the canon brand. I think they sell the Kodak and Epson photo paper there. TIA >Just curious because Costco sells other photo paper here but not the canon >brand. >I think they sell the Kodak and Epson photo paper there. I use Epson papers with my i960 with great success. My favorite among the Epson varieties is ColorLife. I am partial to semi gloss or lustre papers. YMMV John On 27 Apr 2004 23:53:40 GMT, jmoorets@aol.com (JMooreTS) wrote: >>Just curious because Costco sells other photo paper here but not the canon >>brand. >>I think they sell the Kodak and Epson photo paper there. > >I use Epson papers with my i960 with great success. My favorite among the >Epson varieties is ColorLife. I am partial to semi gloss or lustre papers. >YMMV > >John > I use Epson from Costco and have very nice results with my i960. I use the highest paper quality setting. John H On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay! The Costco Epson glossy prints great on the 960 using the Canon Photopaper Plus Glossy setting. Thanks guys. With the ink from Atlantic inkjets coming and the paper from Costco, it will really make for low cost photos!!! "bmoag" <aetoo@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Ochkc.57883$%c5.47071@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com... > The Costco Epson glos...

I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi. Plus they are about the same price on newegg.com. Are there any features that the i860 has that the MP360 doesn't? Otherwise why not get the MP360 and get a scanner too. any info would be appreciated. Canon i860 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9387&item=9442&section=10214 Canon MP360 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9527&item=9632&section=10223 Most people BUY a product based on how THEY will use the product. Maybe the first think you need to do sort out is your own imaging needs. "sydemon" <sydegun@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:49cf01cc.0405051118.15975f6@posting.google.com... : I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The : MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. : I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, : except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit : faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo : paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

Canon i965 printer
My i965 recently had print head problems. Only yellow and green were printed when using glossy paper. Several deep cleanings later problem still there. New inks, no better. Took it back to dealer. Now prints ok but ink tanks allways show half full. Only time I know when to install new is when one colour fails. Canon help desk is a waste of time, the call centre in bucharest is clueless. Replies from them do not materialise. Anyone out there know the answer please. Thanks John Dobson ============== Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to hardware troubleshooting newsgroups. On 4 Aug 2004 16:14:10 -0400, john@north-walsham.freeserve.co-dot-uk.no-spam.invalid (johndobson) wrote: >My i965 recently had print head problems. Only yellow and green were >printed when using glossy paper. Several deep cleanings later problem >still there. New inks, no better. Took it back to dealer. Now prints >ok but ink tanks allways show half full. Only time I know when to >install new is when one colour fails. Canon help desk is a waste of >time, the call centre in bucharest is clueless. Replies from them do >not materialise. > >Anyone out there know the answer please. > >Thanks > >John Dobson > >============== >Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to hardware troubleshooting newsgroups. install an empty cartridge so it triggers an ink low warning.. put in your new...

canon i865 printer
Looking for a new printer, and the canon i865 seems to have a good review. Any good or bad comments on the printer? One thing that puzzles me is the edge to edge printing on A4 paper on the specification this is only obtainable on "photo paper" Would like to get full A4 on standard paper, is it possible? Thanks Chris 'Chris.', Have you seen this site? http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/Canon%20i865/page_1.htm Regards, Emrys Davies. "Chris" <nospam@virgin.net> wrote in message news:3S9_b.18212$ft.6006@newsfe1-win... > Looking for a new printer, and the canon i865 seems to have a good review. > Any good or bad comments on the printer? > One thing that puzzles me is the edge to edge printing on A4 paper on the > specification this is only obtainable on "photo paper" > Would like to get full A4 on standard paper, is it possible? > Thanks > Chris > > "Chris" <nospam@virgin.net> wrote in message news:3S9_b.18212$ft.6006@newsfe1-win... > Looking for a new printer, and the canon i865 seems to have a good review. > Any good or bad comments on the printer? > One thing that puzzles me is the edge to edge printing on A4 paper on the > specification this is only obtainable on "photo paper" > Would like to get full A4 on standard paper, is it possible? I have a i850. It says it will do borderless printing on...

Which Printer Should I buy? Canon IP4000, Canon I865, Epson R300
Which is the best printer? Main points below. 1. Accuracy when printing to CD/DVD (My old Epson 900 was a devil to set up) going off center and needed adjusting. 2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which printer performs best. 3. Print quality Photo / CD DVD To put it into perspective here are the best prices I have found for the printers so far. 1. Epson R300 �84.95 2. Canon I865 �119.99 3. Canon IP4000 �99.99 Thanks Mike I have the R300 and love it. I do not love the price of the replacement ink. I have printed about 200 DVD and CD labels with it and have not had a problem. The software that comes with the printer has performed well. Check out the options for re-inking of this machine and you will be pleased with it. I believe that Canon has the same type of chip on its cartridges. They only allow a certain amount of ink to be dispensed and then they stop. There is a workaround for Epson, I don't know about Canon. Pipermedic In article pipermedic says... > I believe that Canon has the > same type of chip on its cartridges. They only allow a certain amount > of ink to be dispensed and then they stop. There is a workaround for > Epson, I don't know about Canon. > > > Canon carts don't have chips. If you like R300 why not consider R200? Same thing without frills. Definitely Epson R300. But you said: "2. Economy. Although I can get th...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

using the printer object, how do I tell what my default printer is
I want to set the margins on a report to specific settings so I'm thinking this will set the prt object to my default printer Dim prt As Printer Set prt = Application.Printers(0) but it doesn't and application.printers.count correct shows that I have eight possible printers so I could cycle through them if there was a prt property for 'default printer' but I can't find one is there a way to do this ? On Nov 9, 5:19=A0pm, Roger <lesperan...@natpro.com> wrote: > I want to set the margins on a report to specific settings > so I'm thinking this will...

Printer Ink

Canon i965 printer problem
Emac OS 10.3.1 Canon i965 printer. It prints perfectly with the latest versions of Illustrator, Word, Quark, Internet Explorer and AppleWorks, however with the latest version of Photoshop, Acrobat, Preview, Safari and Netscape there is a problem. The printed image size is miniature to what it should be, eg a full A4 page image prints at about 3/4" wide X 1" high. The default printer is set to i965 and default page is A4 in preferences/print & fax. I have the latest Canon driver 2.3.2 which states it is compatible with OS 10.3. I phoned Canon help, they couldn't help, no so...

canon i865 printer problem
Hi Running windows XP home edition with SP2 my problem is that the printer won't print grey when I print photos I get a green hue over the picture and when I print a test image from http://www.misterinkjet.com/images/testprint.jpg the grey areas come out green I have changed the cartridges and the printhead all other printing is fine (word and excel docs ) when I check the grey scale box the printer prints several different shades of grey ok then , I have run the printhead alignment and nozzle check programmes that are in the maintence tab but to be honest I'm not sure what i should be looking at but they look ok (the new printhead has only been in a couple of hrs) I have uninstalled the printer and reinstalled it I have installed it on another machine all with the same results I have consulted with canon europes FAQ in their website The printer is approx 18 mths old and has been no problem has anybody got any ideas what the the problem is or am i left with a printer that won't print grey TIA Osiris In article osiris.luxor@btopenworld.com says... > Hi > Running windows XP home edition with SP2 > my problem is that the printer won't print grey when I print photos I > get a green hue over the picture What application are you printing from? With some like Photoshop you can end up with both the app and the printer trying to manage the colour. Have you tried with simple program like Canon's Easy-Photoprint...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

No printer model for Canon in Tiger Printer Setup Utility
I have successfully set up remote printing from my OS X 10.4 Tiger laptop to my Canon S750 printer connected to my Win XP home PC. I can print across the network, through the XP box and all the way to the printer - but nothing emerges. I suspect that my problem is the lack of any Canon printer models to choose from in the Printer Setup Utility on the OS X laptop. When I open the Printer Setup Utility and click on the "More Printers ..." button, I can navigate through the workgroup to the XP box and to the Shared printer without any problems. In the Printer Model pulldown, ...

Network Printer help: Use a Shared Printer on a WinXP machine
Hello, I am new to Linux. I have the Slackware flavor installed, version 9.1. I am trying to use a shared printer on a Windows XP machine. I have verified that I can access the machine (ADDIE) through the network with: smb://Addie in Konqueror (Note: THis requires a USername/Password). I do have CUPS installed. I tried adding the printer with the CUPS "Add Printer" method. Below is the infomation I added: <First Page> Name: Addie's Printer Location: //Addie Description: Addie's Printer <Second Page> Device: Unknown Network Device(smb) ...

Anyone using Canon i-series printers?
I think I already know the answer, but thought I'd ask just in case I missed something simple.... Anyone successfully using any of the Canon i-series of printers with linux? More specifically, is anyone using a Canon i860 printer? It appears that Canon's typically aren't well supported for linux. But after few searches, it doesn't look like anyone has even tried any of the i-series printers. Are they perhaps known under a different name? BJC, LBP, etc? Thanks for any help. -Michael I'm using Red Hat 9.0 and I chose the BJC-7004 Photo. It works well with Open Offic...

Anyone use a Canon S750 printer ??
This is a repeat appeal as I seem to be only person with a Canon S750 printer !!! Anyone out there with experience of the Canon S750 printhead ?? The 'official' replacement is Part No QY6-0041 but a local shop says that the BC-30e will fit at around half the cost. Does anyone know from experience ?? Any help much appreciated. No, The BC30e only fits the BJC6000 and S450 series. "Malcolm J Doe" <malcolm.doe@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:K_4xc.32038$wd7.21964@front-1.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > This is a repeat appeal as I seem to be only person with a Canon S750 > printer !!! > Anyone out there with experience of the Canon S750 printhead ?? The > 'official' replacement is Part No QY6-0041 but a local shop says that the > BC-30e > will fit at around half the cost. Does anyone know from experience ?? Any > help much appreciated. > > ...

What language does Canon Pixma printers use?
Many years ago, I wrote a program to print documents to my HP printer filling up the page; it adjusted the font size so the document would be inthe largest possible font. This involved calculations, and translating them into PCL language (the HP Printer Control Language) to print the document. I found my "Fullpage" program very useful over the years. Now I have bought a Canon printer and I'd like to be able to do the same thing with it. Can anyone tell me what print control language the Canon recognizes? On Nov 23, 8:56 am, Gary <gary...@hotmail.com>...

Printer sharing over wireless using Printopia
We are trying to share a printer for use by iPad users. The printer is dire= ctly connected to a Mac running Printopia. Both the Mac and all of the iPad= s are connected to the same WLAN. It's working fine at one location, but no= t at all at another location (iPads cannot see the printer). The location i= t works at has standalone APs (mostly 1131AGs). The site it does not work a= t has lightweight APs (4402 WLC running 6.0.199.4, also with 1131AGs). The = controller has multicast enabled, has multicast mode set to 'multicast', an= d has a multicast address set to 239.21.0....

Web resources about - What brand Printable CDR to use with Canon i865/i965 printers - comp.periphs.printers

PosterMaker - Create a real printable poster or flyer design
Get PosterMaker - Create a real printable poster or flyer design on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Google printable 3D classes - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
For 3 D web browsing with the new 3D Chrome.

Printable pills that diagnose your ills on the way
YOUR computer printer could soon be printing pills personalised to your individual biological needs and they could include a camera that diagnoses ...

Printable solar panels, developed by CSIRO and Melbourne universities, one step closer to market
Australian scientists are a step closer to a cheaper and faster way to print solar cells onto plastic.

US senator seeking extension of printable gun ban
The technology has recently advanced to create handguns made entirely out of plastic that are capable of shooting several shots before faltering. ...

Free Gift Tags: 30 Printables For Your Christmas Presents
... store and buy yourself a pack of gift tags, or you could do something a little different this year and make them yourself — kind of. Printable ...

Printable/Email-able gift cards for Christmas shopping slackers everywhere
... or Print a gift card in $10, $15, $25, $50 or $100 denominations. Or save a few bucks at Walmart/Sams Club. . 2. Amazon has a load of Printable ...

This Gun Is Your Gun, This Gun Is My Gun: A 2L’s Quest To Make Printable Firearms
A UT Law student wants to create a way for people to print guns in the privacy of their own homes. Continue reading » Follow Above the Law ...

A 3D Printable Revolution
One way 3D printing is changing the world for the better – personalized prosthetics: Bloomberg View’s editors suspect that this is only the ...

Autodesk's Tinkerplay Lets You Design Your Own 3D Printable Action Figures
Kids have really cool toys these days, but as with all things, 3D printing can make them even better. The latest app from Autodesk is called ...