What language does Canon Pixma printers use?

Many years ago, I wrote a program to print documents to my HP printer
filling up the page; it adjusted the font size so the document would be
inthe largest possible font.  This involved calculations, and
translating them into PCL language (the HP Printer Control Language) to
print the document.  I found my "Fullpage" program very useful over the
years.

Now I have bought a Canon printer and I'd like to be able to do the
same thing with it.  Can anyone tell me what print control language the
Canon recognizes?

0
Gary

On Nov 23, 8:56 am, Gary <gary...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Many years ago, I wrote a program to print documents to my HP printer
> filling up the page; it adjusted the font size so the document would be
> inthe largest possible font.  This involved calculations, and
> translating them into PCL language (the HP Printer Control Language) to
> print the document.  I found my "Fullpage" program very useful over the
> years.
>
> Now I have bought a Canon printer and I'd like to be able to do the
> same thing with it.  Can anyone tell me what print control language the
> Canon recognizes?

It should also support embedded PCL codes, I'm assuming are
standardized.  Never used them but worked plenty with proprietary
codes along the same principle for various dot matrix printers and
dial up modems.
0
Flasherly
11/23/2008 11:10:52 PM
Hi Gary,

That depends on the model. It might support PCL, PCL XL, CaPSL/LIPS,.... And
it is probably using CPCA to communicate with the printer.

If you are using Windows, I suggest that you use GDI from your application.
GDI will then use the printer driver to render the job. You can find more
information on GDI and GDI+ in the Windows Platform SDK, including examples.

--
Christoph Lindemann
Undocumented Printing

"Gary" <gary_w1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Many years ago, I wrote a program to print documents to my HP printer
> filling up the page; it adjusted the font size so the document would be
> inthe largest possible font.  This involved calculations, and translating
> them into PCL language (the HP Printer Control Language) to print the
> document.  I found my "Fullpage" program very useful over the years.
>
> Now I have bought a Canon printer and I'd like to be able to do the same
> thing with it.  Can anyone tell me what print control language the Canon
> recognizes?

0
Christoph

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Anyone using a Canon Pixma 5200R printer?
If so, what are your thoughts? Any downsides I should be aware of? I'm running 10.4 and have a WPA encrypted network. I'm looking to replace my Epson C80 and this seems like it might be a good'un. Specifically I need to know: does it play nicely with WPA? (A quick Google suggests it does but it pays to be safe). Thanks. Jim -- Find me at http://www.ursaminorbeta.co.uk AIM/iChatAV: JCAndrew2 Skype: greyarea Jim wrote: > If so, what are your thoughts? Any downsides I should be aware of? I'm > running 10.4 and have a WPA encrypted network. I'm looking to replace my ...

Canon Pixma Printers using compatable carts
Hi Which of the Canon Pixma iP printers will take compatable carts Needs to be CD/DVD print capable I'm in the UK -- Martin ���� The word compatible is meaning less except for the fact they will physically fit. Martin ���� somewhere@in-time.invalid wrote: >Hi >Which of the Canon Pixma iP printers will take compatable carts >Needs to be CD/DVD print capable >I'm in the UK > > ...

Canon Pixma IP4000, when does printer use BCI-3EBK cart ink
As subject Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is selected? Only when draft is selected? Thanks in advance tHatDudeUK wrote: > As subject > > Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is > selected? Only when draft is selected? > > Thanks in advance Normally it uses BCI3e all the time except when printing photos, so when photo or glossy paper is selected. When you print text and business documents with graphics. tHatDudeUK wrote: >As subject > >Is it only when plain paper is selected...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

using the printer object, how do I tell what my default printer is
I want to set the margins on a report to specific settings so I'm thinking this will set the prt object to my default printer Dim prt As Printer Set prt = Application.Printers(0) but it doesn't and application.printers.count correct shows that I have eight possible printers so I could cycle through them if there was a prt property for 'default printer' but I can't find one is there a way to do this ? On Nov 9, 5:19=A0pm, Roger <lesperan...@natpro.com> wrote: > I want to set the margins on a report to specific settings > so I'm thinking this will...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

Printer Ink

Canon Pixma Ip5000 Printer
Canon Compatible (9) Pack BCI-3eBk/BCI-6 (3BCI-3eBk / 2BCI-6C/2BCI-6M/2BCI-6Y) for Canon i560 etc Price:$75.00 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000C159LW Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000C159LW 15 Pack Canon BCI-6 BCI-3e Compatible Ink Cartridges for Pixma i860 iP4000 iP5000 MP750 MP760 MP780 Price:$13.50 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001IT224Y Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001IT224Y 20 Pack BCI-6 BCI-3e Compatible Ink Cartridges for Canon Pixma i860 iP4000 iP5000 MP750 MP760 MP780 Price:$22.95 Image: http://bestdealfin...

Web resources about - What language does Canon Pixma printers use? - comp.periphs.printers

Language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Language is the human capacity for acquiring and using complex systems of communication , and a language is any specific example of such a system. ...

The Eero Programming Language
Interesting new programming language from Andy Arvanitis: Eero is a fully binary- and header-compatible dialect of Objective-C, implemented ...

Can texting teens save a threatened Hawaiian language?
Thousands of languages are endangered and while technology will not save them all, it may help.

Google Calendar update: new national holidays and languages
This week, Google is rolling out a selection of new features to its Calendar app, along with support for 30 additional languages. The update ...

The Universal Language of Human Relationships
Any relationship we enter into occupies our mind and uses our energy. This includes our relationship with things. The things we own require attention ...

Donald Trump gets his own blustery programming language
Have you ever wondered what code would look like if it were dictated by a presidential candidate's grandiose statements rather than such radical ...

The Secret (Internet) Language Of Parents
Between FTM (first-time mom) and SAHD (stay-at-home dads) is a world of language that can be both welcoming and intimidating. FTM. SAHD. NAK. ...

'Far Cry Primal' Taps Scholars To Recreate A Dead Language
'Far Cry Primal' has a host of new problems to solve, including how to have human being communicate in a game set 10,000 years ago. Forbes contributor ...

New Donald Trump programming language seeks to make programming great again
A team of software engineers at Rice University has introduced a new programming language called TrumpScript. Based on Python, the new language ...

There's a Donald Trump Programming Language
If programming isn’t political enough for you, maybe you need to try a new language. How about TrumpScript, which lets you create code that the ...