Which of the 3 printers is the best? Epson R300 or Photo 900 or Canon i865

These 3 printers are all able of printing directly on CD's and DVD's, and
they are priced approx the same in Denmark where I live. But which one
should I choose?
Thanx in advance
                           Erik

0
Erik

In my book The Canon is the Best, and cheaper to run..with being faster, the
Canon i865 is fantastic for the price...and no clogging heads to worry
about..

"Erik W." <erik.w@mail.com> wrote in message
> These 3 printers are all able of printing directly on CD's and DVD's, and
> they are priced approx the same in Denmark where I live. But which one
> should I choose?
> Thanx in advance
>                            Erik

0
GeoSd
12/15/2003 4:38:34 PM
Thnx for your answer GeoSd

"GeoSd" wrote in news:3fdde378$0$18036$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com...
> In my book The Canon is the Best, and cheaper to run..with being faster,
the
> Canon i865 is fantastic for the price...and no clogging heads to worry
> about..

Okay so Epson gets clogging heads? My new printer will be partner for my
black&white laser, and will maybe have long breaks between work. So clogging
habbits isn't welcome, thats for sure. How is Canon when it comes to moist
resistant ink? I have tested printet CD's from Epson and they wasnt very
good when it comes to moist and smudge resistance.

Thnx and  merry christmas.
                                           Erik

0
Erik
12/15/2003 6:21:32 PM
"Erik W." <erik.w@mail.com> wrote:

> These 3 printers are all able of printing directly on CD's and DVD's, =
and
> they are priced approx the same in Denmark where I live. But which one
> should I choose?
> Thanx in advance
>                            Erik

	Just go with the one you can find cheapest ink (or OEM ink available)
to save you $$$$ first.=20
0
Joel

New Canon iPF 5000 photo printer better than Epson K-3 printers??
Hi all. I just came across this very favorable review of a new Canon photo printer with 12 (yes, twelve) ink carts. http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/canon-ipf5000.shtml. The reviewer is very positive on this printer and sees it as a strong competitor to the Epson 4800. What do you all think? Check out the cost of cartridges! Oh, the review didn't speak about a capability to print on CDs. :) Joe Average ...

Which Printer Should I buy? Canon IP4000, Canon I865, Epson R300
Which is the best printer? Main points below. 1. Accuracy when printing to CD/DVD (My old Epson 900 was a devil to set up) going off center and needed adjusting. 2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which printer performs best. 3. Print quality Photo / CD DVD To put it into perspective here are the best prices I have found for the printers so far. 1. Epson R300 �84.95 2. Canon I865 �119.99 3. Canon IP4000 �99.99 Thanks Mike I have the R300 and love it. I do not love the price of the replacement ink. I have printed about 200 DVD and CD labels with it and have not had a problem. The software that comes with the printer has performed well. Check out the options for re-inking of this machine and you will be pleased with it. I believe that Canon has the same type of chip on its cartridges. They only allow a certain amount of ink to be dispensed and then they stop. There is a workaround for Epson, I don't know about Canon. Pipermedic In article pipermedic says... > I believe that Canon has the > same type of chip on its cartridges. They only allow a certain amount > of ink to be dispensed and then they stop. There is a workaround for > Epson, I don't know about Canon. > > > Canon carts don't have chips. If you like R300 why not consider R200? Same thing without frills. Definitely Epson R300. But you said: "2. Economy. Although I can get th...

Newest Canons vs. Epsons
I am about to buy a new photo printer. My old Epson Stylus Photo 870 has been good. Now, for my specifications. Cost - Under $250 Inks - Must be six ink of better and of latest archival evolution (ex. Chromlife, etc) Papers - I tend to use high-end paper developed by the actual manufacturer Basically, I use Photoshop to restore damaged photos. The pictures I sell should be able to last 20-30 years under glass, and should be as good as those produced by an automated photo developing machine. This all said - which model is going to be best between Epson and Canon? Thanks ...

Which printer is best overall Canon IP4000 or Epson R300
For Disc Prints too? Thanks mark@manklow.fsbusiness.co.uk I chose the Canon ip4000 over the Epson R300 because is was substantially faster, had better photo quality, had better business document quality, had 2 paper feeds, and printed full duplex. Mark wrote: >For Disc Prints too? > >Thanks > >mark@manklow.fsbusiness.co.uk > > > > ...

I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi. Plus they are about the same price on newegg.com. Are there any features that the i860 has that the MP360 doesn't? Otherwise why not get the MP360 and get a scanner too. any info would be appreciated. Canon i860 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9387&item=9442&section=10214 Canon MP360 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9527&item=9632&section=10223 Most people BUY a product based on how THEY will use the product. Maybe the first think you need to do sort out is your own imaging needs. "sydemon" <sydegun@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:49cf01cc.0405051118.15975f6@posting.google.com... : I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The : MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. : I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, : except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit : faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo : paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi...

Epson Photo R300 Printer
FYI for anybody buying an Epson Stylus Printer R300 to use in OSX. I just bought one and I am using it on a G4, 450 MHZ running OS10.2.8. It prints in OSX and it prints in OS9.2.2 but it will not print in classic mode. I called Epson help line and was told that some of there drivers don't print in classic. That if it prints in OSX and 9.X then they consider it an Apple OS problem. The apple support site says to connect the driver supplier for similer printing problems. I did not talk directly to Apple. As long as you can start your computer in OS9 you are OK, but if you can't ...

Epson Stylus Photo R300 printer
Anyone out there using one of these under OS/2? Is it supported? Thanks, Richard ...

Epson or Canon Photo Printers (not AIO)
Hi all, I saw a Canon vs Epson thread but I am looking more at photo printers and best photo quality. Its time to replace my aging Epson R210. Many years back, I owned an HP deskjet 400 but decided their quality was at most third amongst the Top 3 (Epson, Canon, HP). Canon almost died with crap quality when Epson released their 1440 dpi printers (canon had standard 360dpi and premium model 600dpi) many years ago but have since bounced back very strong in recent years. The Epson R230 would have been a very good replacement but I also wanted something of a later generation too...

Canon Printer with Epson Photo Paper?
Just gotten myself a canon i450. Anyone tried epson or hp photopaper with it? or should i just stick to canon paper. not too sure about the price difference though. thanx! john wrote: >Just gotten myself a canon i450. Anyone tried epson or hp photopaper with >it? or should i just stick to canon paper. not too sure about the price >difference though. I see you're in Singapore, so I doubt you will find an Office Depot nearby. :) But you might be able to order from RedRiver which apparently is very good stuff: http://www.redriverpaper.com/ I have a Ca...

Epson ColorLife paper in a Canon photo printer ?
Howdy Is anyone using Epson ColorLife paper in one of the latest Canon 6-color photo printers ? If so: care to report on settings andor results ? Thanks .... Stan I find this a difficult paper to use in Epson scanners that have a profile for it. ...

Need a new photo printer Canon or Epson
I am getting in to digital photography in a big way and also like using Adobe photoshop to clean up old photos. I am looking for a good printer in the $200 to $400 range that is also economical on ink, any suggestions? Kenny A big way? Tell us how "KENNETH MAULTSBY" <kmaultsby@verizon.net> wrote in message news:dMOwc.8723$QI2.2345@nwrddc02.gnilink.net... > I am getting in to digital photography in a big way and also like using > Adobe photoshop to clean up old photos. I am looking for a good printer in > the $200 to $400 range that is also economical on ink, any suggestions? > > Kenny > > I am beginning to prefer Canon's better printers to Epson: I am looking at a stack of prints made with both just today. One reservation I have is that there are not as many profiles for papers as for the Epson because Canon does not make as many paper types. However the few profiles Canon provides seem to match up well with Epson and other papers. The Canon printers are reasonably economical with regard to ink use. However if you make alot of prints you use alot of ink . . . If you do not need to make larger than 8.5 x 11 prints look at the Canon 960. Thanks for the feedback. "bmoag" <aetoo@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2FTwc.6702$Hr6.2724@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com... > I am beginning to prefer Canon's better printers to Epson: I am looking at a > stack of prints made wi...

EPSON Stylus Photo R300 or CANON I865
I am looking at buying a new printer and I am stuck at which one to get so I am hoping the group could let me know there thoughts on each of the printers and which one they would choose, is there any websites that review these two printers, thanks. In article <3fe044e6$0$13343$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com>, John � <johnjewitt2003@hotmail.com> writes >I am looking at buying a new printer and I am stuck at which one to get so I >am hoping the group could let me know there thoughts on each of the printers >and which one they would choose, is there any websites that review these two >printers, thanks. > PC Pro (www.pcpro.co.uk) has just done a review of various printers which might be of use, in their 'February 2004' magazine, which came through the post today. -- Timothy Lee http://www.wightproperty.com Toms Hardware has done a review of the i860 and i865. They like 'em. Unfortunately the i865 is not available the US. The i860 is, which is the i865 minus the CD printer. Something about Kodak having the US patent on the CD print feature. - Ted "John �" <johnjewitt2003@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3fe044e6$0$13343$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com... > I am looking at buying a new printer and I am stuck at which one to get so I > am hoping the group could let me know there thoughts on each of the printers > and which one they would choose, is there any websites that r...

Choosing the Right Photo Printer.(hp photo printer binoculars)
hp photo printer binoculars, The photo printers in the market provide great quality photo printing; they are affordable and easy to use. If you choose the right photo printer, you can easily print great digital photos and be amazed. If you do not feel ready to start using a photo printer yet, you can also find an inkjet printer that produces good quality high resolution pictures. There are also mobile photo printers if you are planning to print on the go. Here are the important points to consider when buying a photo printer: Resolution, Resolution is one of the most important...

OS 3.71 !Printers driver for Epson Stylus Colour 900
Currently using the v3.71 driver for the Stylus Colour 800 and I seem to be getting something out of it. Not sure whether this is down to a decidedly second-hand printer, or a not completely compatible driver for it. Can anyone suggest a better driver, or more compatible settings. I'm restricted to v3.71 on this system and don't have access to funds for software etc. So I need to directly connect this beast to the parallel port and use native RISC OS drivers to talk to it. Thanks for any assistance that maybe given. In message <ddf7363e-2aa1-4981-8c61-99156d6e8ee8@h10g2000yqd.goo...

Best profile for Epson Photo Quality Inkjet paper with 2200 printer
Why is there no profile available for Epson Photo Quality Inkjet paer for printing from Indesign onto an Epson Stylus Photo 2200 inkjet printer? The Epson Web site only has a profile for Photo Quality Inkjet paper for the Epson 1270 printer, but that printer doesn't use the Ultrachrome inks that the 2200 printer does. What's the best profile to use to print using Epson Photo Quality Inkjet paper on a 2200 printer? Robert ...

Printer driver missing from Epson Web site for Epson 2200 printers
There's no appropriate printer driver on the Epson Web site for Epson Stylus Photo printers using OS 10.4x. There are printer drivers on the page for Intel-based Macs using OS 10.4x, but my computer is a Quicksilver desktop G4, which is not Intel-based. (http://epson.ca/cgi-bin/ceStore/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=14402&prodoid=20306147&infoType=Downloads&platform=Macintosh) The two following drivers appear to be the closest, but neither one is the right one. I wrote to Epson about this oversight, but I haven't heard back from it yet. Does anyon...

Epson Stylus Color 900 - took out a full color cartridge to test in another printer
I downloaded and installed sscserve.exe from http://ssclg.com/epsone.shtml but I can't get that program to work or I still can't get the printer to print - not sure which (but there is NO ink printing from the printer now). Anyone use that app on this printer successfully? OR is there another app that will work? OR a hardware fix? Thanks! Brad ...

"Photo" printers cheaper than "non-photo" printers?
I'm looking for a "non-photo" printer and from what I'm seeing, for the most part, non photo printers are more expensive than photo printers. Why? Monica "Monica" <nospam@guess.com> wrote in message news:akiee.15829$yV4.6261@okepread03... > I'm looking for a "non-photo" printer and from what I'm seeing, for the most > part, non photo printers are more expensive than photo printers. Why? I'm doing the same because I already have an Epson 2100 for printing photos. I think the reason for this strange price difference is because they are aimed at office use rather than home use. Check the "duty cycle" figures in the specs. This is the number of pages per month the printer is designed to handle (a measure of how rugged it is). Monica wrote: >I'm looking for a "non-photo" printer and from what I'm seeing, for the most >part, non photo printers are more expensive than photo printers. Why? >Monica > > Because they are usually business printers and made for speed with reasonable quality. The HP 1200 is one of the models out there. > > > There are a few reasons non-photo printers are more costly at original acquisition. 1) as mentioned they are usually designed for more durability, ease of use, etc, because they will be moving a LOT more paper through them. Most of the printing will be text or small gr...

Epson Printer Utility, where did my printers go?
I've tried Googling this issue but there is precious little information (that I can understand) out there. I recently had my TiBook upgraded to OSX Tiger. I cannot print to either my Epson Stylus 777, or the C60, as the jobs stop themselves every time I try. In the past, I would open up trusty Epson Printer Utility, determine what the problem was, and fix it. Well, I was able to find my printer utility, but there are no printers in the list and I'll be damned if I can figure out how to make them appear there. My system was upgraded using a site license so I do not ...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

Best Photo Printer?
Hi guys, My humblest apologies if this has been asked before, which I am sure it has, but I want to know what the best photo printer is, for the PC. If the answer is an Epson, then what's the next best thing? I'm looking for: -inkjet -A4 -mainly for text ....but having spent �1000 on a digital camera, I would like something that will print images which I can keep for the rest of my life, so I want something which gives excellent results in the highest possible resolution with best photo replication ability. I'm happy to spend anything between �200 - �500 (approx $300-750) I have to buy it today which doesn't give me much time to read reviews etc. re: ink usage, I wont print more than half a dozen full size photos per month. Many thanks in advance ~Rob I love the i900d, but if you've got that kind of money to spend, look at the new color lasers. At 1200 dpi, they look awesome. If you still want an ink jet printer, go with Canon. They are finicky about paper, but the results are indistinguishable from cellulose photo. Joe "Rob" <test@test.com> wrote in message news:c02v0e$a4n$1@hercules.btinternet.com... > Hi guys, > > My humblest apologies if this has been asked before, which I am sure it has, > but I want to know what the best photo printer is, for the PC. If the answer > is an Epson, then what's the next best thing? > > I'm looking for: > -inkjet > -A4...

best printer #3
Hello, What's the best printer fax for home use and photo printing? What about HP officejet v40? What about Cannon or Epson? Which is least likely to break down? Thanks, Len "Leonard Carlson" <carlson35@comcast.net> wrote in message news:_56dnSiPqou9_sDZnZ2dneKdnZydnZ2d@comcast.com... > Hello, > > What's the best printer fax for home use and photo printing? > What about HP officejet v40? The V40 is a rather old model and will not be the best for photo printing. Do you want an automatic document feeder? Do you prefer a scroll ...

Epson or Canon Printer..
It's time to buy a new photo printer and I've always used Epson, my current model is the Stylus Photo 820. But I see Canon has quite a few nice photo printers. In the past my Epson prints were better than my neighbor's Canon prints. Is Epson still a better photo printer? In the past, I was told the Canon print cartridge had the print head so changing the cartridge was like getting a new print head. Is that true? I ask because I know my Epson doesn't work like that and I've learned how to use Windex on the little sponge in the printer to clean the clogged print head...

Web resources about - Which of the 3 printers is the best? Epson R300 or Photo 900 or Canon i865 - comp.periphs.printers

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Philips Hue Starter Kit $120, LifeProof FRĒ iPhone 6 Case $30, Brother AirPrint ...
... FRĒ Waterproof iPhone 6 Case in multiple colors: $30 shipped (Reg. $72) Get ready to file your taxes w/ this Brother AirPrint Laser Printer ...

Can you really get a solid all-in-one printer, copier and scanner for just $90?
... Deals team's advice. And in this case, we're going to help you upgrade to the Epson WorkForce WF-3620 WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, ...

Mattel unveils ThingMaker, a 3D printer for kids
Toy company hopes to make 3D printing mainstream with a new system designed for children

ThingMaker is a $300 3D Printer For Kids That Makes Toys
The two things holding 3D printers back from mainstream adoption is cost and relative difficulty of use. While they have been going down in price, ...