Which printer is best overall Canon IP4000 or Epson R300

For Disc Prints too?

Thanks

mark@manklow.fsbusiness.co.uk

0
Mark

I chose the Canon ip4000 over the Epson R300 because is was
substantially faster, had better photo quality, had better business
document quality, had 2 paper feeds, and printed full duplex.

Mark wrote:

>For Disc Prints too?
>
>Thanks
>
>mark@manklow.fsbusiness.co.uk

0
measekite

Which Printer Should I buy? Canon IP4000, Canon I865, Epson R300
Which is the best printer? Main points below. 1. Accuracy when printing to CD/DVD (My old Epson 900 was a devil to set up) going off center and needed adjusting. 2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which printer performs best. 3. Print quality Photo / CD DVD To put it into perspective here are the best prices I have found for the printers so far. 1. Epson R300 �84.95 2. Canon I865 �119.99 3. Canon IP4000 �99.99 Thanks Mike I have the R300 and love it. I do not love the price of the replacement ink. I have printed about 200 DVD ...

Which of the 3 printers is the best? Epson R300 or Photo 900 or Canon i865
These 3 printers are all able of printing directly on CD's and DVD's, and they are priced approx the same in Denmark where I live. But which one should I choose? Thanx in advance Erik In my book The Canon is the Best, and cheaper to run..with being faster, the Canon i865 is fantastic for the price...and no clogging heads to worry about.. "Erik W." <erik.w@mail.com> wrote in message news:3fddc528$0$17592$ba624c82@nntp05.dk.telia.net... > These 3 printers are all able of printing directly on CD's and DVD's, and >...

New Canon iPF 5000 photo printer better than Epson K-3 printers??
Hi all. I just came across this very favorable review of a new Canon photo printer with 12 (yes, twelve) ink carts. http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/canon-ipf5000.shtml. The reviewer is very positive on this printer and sees it as a strong competitor to the Epson 4800. What do you all think? Check out the cost of cartridges! Oh, the review didn't speak about a capability to print on CDs. :) Joe Average ...

Newest Canons vs. Epsons
I am about to buy a new photo printer. My old Epson Stylus Photo 870 has been good. Now, for my specifications. Cost - Under $250 Inks - Must be six ink of better and of latest archival evolution (ex. Chromlife, etc) Papers - I tend to use high-end paper developed by the actual manufacturer Basically, I use Photoshop to restore damaged photos. The pictures I sell should be able to last 20-30 years under glass, and should be as good as those produced by an automated photo developing machine. This all said - which model is going to be best between Epson and Canon? Thanks ...

Canon iP4000 and Epson C84 Printers
This week, the Los Angeles Times has advertisements from Fry's Electronics for a couple of interesting printers. Yesterday, it was the Epson C84, available for slightly _less_ than the cost of replacement ink cartridges for my current Epson C82 printer (about $70 US after mail-in rebate, of course). Today, it is a Canon iP4000 printer, which is said to have a faster print speed rating and to feature "built-in" two-sided printing, which might mean it is available under OS/2. The price is about $130 US + tax. I think I read recently that some Canon printer works...

Printer driver missing from Epson Web site for Epson 2200 printers
There's no appropriate printer driver on the Epson Web site for Epson Stylus Photo printers using OS 10.4x. There are printer drivers on the page for Intel-based Macs using OS 10.4x, but my computer is a Quicksilver desktop G4, which is not Intel-based. (http://epson.ca/cgi-bin/ceStore/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=14402&prodoid=20306147&infoType=Downloads&platform=Macintosh) The two following drivers appear to be the closest, but neither one is the right one. I wrote to Epson about this oversight, but I haven't heard back from it yet. Does anyon...

Epson Printer Utility, where did my printers go?
I've tried Googling this issue but there is precious little information (that I can understand) out there. I recently had my TiBook upgraded to OSX Tiger. I cannot print to either my Epson Stylus 777, or the C60, as the jobs stop themselves every time I try. In the past, I would open up trusty Epson Printer Utility, determine what the problem was, and fix it. Well, I was able to find my printer utility, but there are no printers in the list and I'll be damned if I can figure out how to make them appear there. My system was upgraded using a site license so I do not ...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

Epson or Canon Printer..
It's time to buy a new photo printer and I've always used Epson, my current model is the Stylus Photo 820. But I see Canon has quite a few nice photo printers. In the past my Epson prints were better than my neighbor's Canon prints. Is Epson still a better photo printer? In the past, I was told the Canon print cartridge had the print head so changing the cartridge was like getting a new print head. Is that true? I ask because I know my Epson doesn't work like that and I've learned how to use Windex on the little sponge in the printer to clean the clogged print head...

Epson IP4000 Printer
I've seen a lot of reviews in this newsgroup and get the message that many of you are very pleased with your IP4000. I'm seriously considering replacing my old 760, but have one concern. I understand that the CD printing feature is not available in the US. Is this true? If so, is there a better Epson choice? Bill Bill Helbron wrote: > I've seen a lot of reviews in this newsgroup and get the message that > many of you are very pleased with your IP4000. I'm seriously > considering replacing my old 760, but have one concern. I understand > that the CD printing feature is not available in the US. Is this > true? If so, is there a better Epson choice? > > Bill First of all, watch out for you life if you say EPSON ip4000...it's CANON ip4000 :-))) second, yes, in US CDR printing is NOT available...in this case, Epson is NOT a better choice, but ONLY one... Ooops! On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:30:57 +0100, "SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote: >Bill Helbron wrote: >> I've seen a lot of reviews in this newsgroup and get the message that >> many of you are very pleased with your IP4000. I'm seriously >> considering replacing my old 760, but have one concern. I understand >> that the CD printing feature is not available in the US. Is this >> true? If so, is there a better Epson choice? >> >> Bill > >First of all, watch out for...

Overclock Epson printer ? What makes a printer speedy ?
Hi, My beloved Epson 580 only suffers from its speed (well, lack of, I mean). I wonder if there's a way to "overclock" a printer. I mean, what makes a difference in speed between two printers, say Epson. Is it just a different motor ? If so, is it really cheaper to have so many different motors as speed increases in the range. Is it build-in memory ? Could the printer be slowed down because its "cheap" build would not bear greater speed, like processors are (tested to give them their actual speed). Thanks. The most common reason one printer is faster ...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

BEWARE EPSON UK censoring or blocking printer reviews that point to shoddy support and service
I wrote an honest inoffensive detailed response to an Epson 7890 Wide Format Printer review request from Epson. They obviously don't like honesty which puts their entire own website review system into disrepute. Which I guess applies to many home grown reviews. Treat with caution and try to find independent review sites. So I shall give my review here which will hopefully filter into the real world. 1: The 7890 is a very nice machine but huge and very heavy. It's a four man job to move it but NO HANDLES or lifting points are provided. So if you think you might have it upst...

Printer Ink

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

Epson Photo R300 Printer
FYI for anybody buying an Epson Stylus Printer R300 to use in OSX. I just bought one and I am using it on a G4, 450 MHZ running OS10.2.8. It prints in OSX and it prints in OS9.2.2 but it will not print in classic mode. I called Epson help line and was told that some of there drivers don't print in classic. That if it prints in OSX and 9.X then they consider it an Apple OS problem. The apple support site says to connect the driver supplier for similer printing problems. I did not talk directly to Apple. As long as you can start your computer in OS9 you are OK, but if you can't ...

Resetter printer canon epson
Reset Printer Canon BJC-3000/6x00/7x00/8000 1. Power off printer 2. Hold Resume button then press and hold POWER, the beeper wil sound once. 3. Hold POWER and release RESUME 4. Press RESUME twice 5. When the indicator lights steady, press RESUME three(3) times The indicator should be orange. 6. Press Power to set data more on 'Free Resetter Software (http://canon-printer-resetter.blogspot.com) epson 'Epson Resetter Printer Service Manual and Repair (http://epsonresetter.blogspot.com ...

PS Printer Management vs. Epson Printer Management
Why, on many of the prints I make, I must use Epson's color management, rather than PS's color management, to get a print that most closely matches my monitor? I have an Epson 1280 that I've profiled using GretagMacbeth's Eye-One system. I profiled it for Epson's Premium Photo Glossy paper and MIS inks. Too frequently, when I run a test on 4x6 Epson Premium Photo Glossy paper (soft-proofing is a waste of time for me), I find that, using my profile & letting PS manage the printing, that the print fails miserably to match my monitor's image. (I recalibrate & prof...

best cheap Canon printer?
Canon is one of the 2 favorite companies around here (along with Epson). Over its line it seems to print well at reasonable cost, and while there have been more panicked queries about this or that issue here most seem satisfied. The biggest worry I'd have about getting one was that you have the added cost of a hard-to-find print head every 3 or 4 tank replacements (or refills), balanced against the low cost of said tanks (instead of a 3-color + printhead cart of HP or Lexmark). Comments on this issue would be welcome. I just bought a Canon camera, and with it took home a ...

New Printer/Canon iP4000
Broke with tradition AND sense. Bought somethine other than an HP this time and didn't spend a week researching the subject and going into information overload :o Brought home a Canon iP4000. This printer will be used primarily for graphics (greeting cards) and text. I will do some photo printing on Ilford (Smooth Pearl) photo paper. Are there any inherant issues I need to know about? Someone told me that (unlike HP) I have to turn the printer off when not in use to keep the ink from wicking in the docking station. Then another said their Canon turned off automatically. I found "Auto Power" under the Maintenance Tab. Both were disabled. I enabled both and set Power off to 15 minutes. OK? And it doesn't say but I'm assuming the Auto "Power On" turns the printer on automatically when you start a print job (like the HP) Thanks, Monica Monica wrote: >Broke with tradition AND sense. Bought somethine other than an HP this >time and didn't spend a week researching the subject and going into >information overload :o Brought home a Canon iP4000. This printer will be >used primarily for graphics (greeting cards) and text. I will do some photo >printing on Ilford (Smooth Pearl) photo paper. Are there any inherant >issues I need to know about? Someone told me that (unlike HP) I have to >turn the printer off when not in use to keep the ink from wicking in the &g...

Web resources about - Which printer is best overall Canon IP4000 or Epson R300 - comp.periphs.printers

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Can you really get a solid all-in-one printer, copier and scanner for just $90?
... Deals team's advice. And in this case, we're going to help you upgrade to the Epson WorkForce WF-3620 WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, ...

Engineering students invented a 'pancake printer' that takes breakfast to the next level
It's Pancake Day! And what better way to celebrate than with the modern marvel that is this machine that will create pancakes in any shape you ...

How 3D printers are changing plastic surgery
The new technology is allowing patients to see a preview of their new faces before going under the knife