Which Printer Should I buy? Canon IP4000, Canon I865, Epson R300

Which is the best printer? Main points below.

1. Accuracy when printing to CD/DVD (My old Epson 900 was a devil to set up)
going off center and needed adjusting.

2. Economy.  Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which
printer performs best.

3. Print quality Photo / CD DVD

To put it into perspective here are the best prices I have found for the
printers so far.

1. Epson R300 �84.95
2. Canon I865  �119.99
3. Canon IP4000 �99.99

Thanks

Mike

0
Mikey

I have the R300 and love it.  I do not love the price of the
replacement  ink.  I have printed about 200 DVD and CD labels with it
and have not had a problem.  The software that comes with the printer
has performed well.  Check out the options for re-inking of this
machine and you will be pleased with it.  I believe that Canon has the
same type of chip on its cartridges.  They only allow a certain amount
of ink to be dispensed and then they stop.  There is a workaround for
Epson, I don't know about Canon.

Pipermedic

0
pipermedic
12/11/2004 6:32:53 PM
In article pipermedic says...
>  I believe that Canon has the
> same type of chip on its cartridges.  They only allow a certain amount
> of ink to be dispensed and then they stop.  There is a workaround for
> Epson, I don't know about Canon.

Canon carts don't have chips.

If you like R300 why not consider R200? Same thing without frills.
0
colinco
12/11/2004 7:36:56 PM
Definitely Epson R300.

But you said:
"2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which
printer performs best."

This is the problem. Epson's ink is not cheap.

Try this then:
http://www.InkRepublic.com

They make good bulk ink system for Epson and currently they are running
year-end sale, everything is 20% off plus free shipping to all over the
world.

Good luck!

0
DaisyCutter
12/17/2004 12:18:22 AM
Gee, DaisyCutter, do you happen to know TrendyInc by any chance?

Art

DaisyCutter wrote:

> Definitely Epson R300.
>
> But you said:
> "2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which
> printer performs best."
>
> This is the problem. Epson's ink is not cheap.
>
> Try this then:
> http://www.InkRepublic.com
>
> They make good bulk ink system for Epson and currently they are running
> year-end sale, everything is 20% off plus free shipping to all over the
> world.
>
> Good luck!

0
Arthur
12/18/2004 3:20:10 PM
Canon is good.

Don't buy Lexmark, unless you like Indian tech support who read the same old
sheet of paper over and over  .... (a) problem with your UBS port or (b)
reinstall the software.

Lexmark printers are slow and are CRAP!!

"DaisyCutter" <centuryglobal@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Definitely Epson R300.
>
> But you said:
> "2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which
> printer performs best."
>
> This is the problem. Epson's ink is not cheap.
>
> Try this then:
> http://www.InkRepublic.com
>
> They make good bulk ink system for Epson and currently they are running
> year-end sale, everything is 20% off plus free shipping to all over the
> world.
>
> Good luck!

0
Fred
12/19/2004 9:07:33 PM
DaisyCutter wrote:
> Definitely Epson R300.
>
> But you said:
> "2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which
> printer performs best."
>
> This is the problem. Epson's ink is not cheap.
>
> Try this then:
> http://www.InkRepublic.com
>
> They make good bulk ink system for Epson and currently they are running
> year-end sale, everything is 20% off plus free shipping to all over the
> world.
>
> Good luck!

They are both good printers and you should only use factory ink.
However, if you want a dual purpose (business and photo) printer the
IP4000 is best.  It is faster than the Epson, as good if not better
photo print quality, better business print quality due to the extra
pigmented black, dual paper feed and prints full duplex.

The Epson does print on special printable CDs but people has said the
mechanism malfunctions.
0
measekite
12/23/2004 7:49:42 PM
Arthur,

We are sorry for thsese "spam". We have no control with marketing
companies. We have told them stop doing this.

Again, we apologize for this mess. You all have great holidays.

InkRepublic.com
http://www.InkRepublic.com
info@InkRepublic.com

Arthur Entlich wrote:
> Gee, DaisyCutter, do you happen to know TrendyInc by any chance?
>
> Art
>
> DaisyCutter wrote:
>
> > Definitely Epson R300.
> >
> > But you said:
> > "2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost
which
> > printer performs best."
> >
> > This is the problem. Epson's ink is not cheap.
> >
> > Try this then:
> > http://www.InkRepublic.com
> >
> > They make good bulk ink system for Epson and currently they are
running
> > year-end sale, everything is 20% off plus free shipping to all over
the
> > world.
> >
> > Good luck!

0
InkRepublic
12/23/2004 9:26:31 PM
Our emails and list mail have probably crossed.  Thank you for your
apology, I now understand what has been going on.  I'm glad you are
trying to control the situation.

Art

InkRepublic.com wrote:

> Arthur,
>
> We are sorry for thsese "spam". We have no control with marketing
> companies. We have told them stop doing this.
>

> Again, we apologize for this mess. You all have great holidays.
>

> InkRepublic.com
> http://www.InkRepublic.com
> info@InkRepublic.com
>

> Arthur Entlich wrote:
>
>>Gee, DaisyCutter, do you happen to know TrendyInc by any chance?
>>
>>Art
>>
>>DaisyCutter wrote:
>>

>>>Definitely Epson R300.
>>>
>>>But you said:
>>>"2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost
>
> which
>
>>>printer performs best."
>>>
>>>This is the problem. Epson's ink is not cheap.
>>>
>>>Try this then:
>>>http://www.InkRepublic.com
>>>
>>>They make good bulk ink system for Epson and currently they are
>
> running
>
>>>year-end sale, everything is 20% off plus free shipping to all over
>
> the
>
>>>world.
>>>
>>>Good luck!

0
Arthur

Which printer is best overall Canon IP4000 or Epson R300
For Disc Prints too? Thanks mark@manklow.fsbusiness.co.uk I chose the Canon ip4000 over the Epson R300 because is was substantially faster, had better photo quality, had better business document quality, had 2 paper feeds, and printed full duplex. Mark wrote: >For Disc Prints too? > >Thanks > >mark@manklow.fsbusiness.co.uk > > > > ...

Which of the 3 printers is the best? Epson R300 or Photo 900 or Canon i865
These 3 printers are all able of printing directly on CD's and DVD's, and they are priced approx the same in Denmark where I live. But which one should I choose? Thanx in advance Erik In my book The Canon is the Best, and cheaper to run..with being faster, the Canon i865 is fantastic for the price...and no clogging heads to worry about.. "Erik W." <erik.w@mail.com> wrote in message news:3fddc528$0$17592$ba624c82@nntp05.dk.telia.net... > These 3 printers are all able of printing directly on CD's and DVD's, and >...

Canon iP4000 and Epson C84 Printers
This week, the Los Angeles Times has advertisements from Fry's Electronics for a couple of interesting printers. Yesterday, it was the Epson C84, available for slightly _less_ than the cost of replacement ink cartridges for my current Epson C82 printer (about $70 US after mail-in rebate, of course). Today, it is a Canon iP4000 printer, which is said to have a faster print speed rating and to feature "built-in" two-sided printing, which might mean it is available under OS/2. The price is about $130 US + tax. I think I read recently that some Canon printer works...

New Canon iPF 5000 photo printer better than Epson K-3 printers??
Hi all. I just came across this very favorable review of a new Canon photo printer with 12 (yes, twelve) ink carts. http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/canon-ipf5000.shtml. The reviewer is very positive on this printer and sees it as a strong competitor to the Epson 4800. What do you all think? Check out the cost of cartridges! Oh, the review didn't speak about a capability to print on CDs. :) Joe Average ...

canon i865 printer
Looking for a new printer, and the canon i865 seems to have a good review. Any good or bad comments on the printer? One thing that puzzles me is the edge to edge printing on A4 paper on the specification this is only obtainable on "photo paper" Would like to get full A4 on standard paper, is it possible? Thanks Chris 'Chris.', Have you seen this site? http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/Canon%20i865/page_1.htm Regards, Emrys Davies. "Chris" <nospam@virgin.net> wrote in message news:3S9_b.18212$ft.6006@newsfe1-win... ...

Epson or Canon Printer..
It's time to buy a new photo printer and I've always used Epson, my current model is the Stylus Photo 820. But I see Canon has quite a few nice photo printers. In the past my Epson prints were better than my neighbor's Canon prints. Is Epson still a better photo printer? In the past, I was told the Canon print cartridge had the print head so changing the cartridge was like getting a new print head. Is that true? I ask because I know my Epson doesn't work like that and I've learned how to use Windex on the little sponge in the printer to clean the clogged print head...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

New Printer/Canon iP4000
Broke with tradition AND sense. Bought somethine other than an HP this time and didn't spend a week researching the subject and going into information overload :o Brought home a Canon iP4000. This printer will be used primarily for graphics (greeting cards) and text. I will do some photo printing on Ilford (Smooth Pearl) photo paper. Are there any inherant issues I need to know about? Someone told me that (unlike HP) I have to turn the printer off when not in use to keep the ink from wicking in the docking station. Then another said their Canon turned off automatically. I found "Auto Power" under the Maintenance Tab. Both were disabled. I enabled both and set Power off to 15 minutes. OK? And it doesn't say but I'm assuming the Auto "Power On" turns the printer on automatically when you start a print job (like the HP) Thanks, Monica Monica wrote: >Broke with tradition AND sense. Bought somethine other than an HP this >time and didn't spend a week researching the subject and going into >information overload :o Brought home a Canon iP4000. This printer will be >used primarily for graphics (greeting cards) and text. I will do some photo >printing on Ilford (Smooth Pearl) photo paper. Are there any inherant >issues I need to know about? Someone told me that (unlike HP) I have to >turn the printer off when not in use to keep the ink from wicking in the &g...

canon i865 printer problem
Hi Running windows XP home edition with SP2 my problem is that the printer won't print grey when I print photos I get a green hue over the picture and when I print a test image from http://www.misterinkjet.com/images/testprint.jpg the grey areas come out green I have changed the cartridges and the printhead all other printing is fine (word and excel docs ) when I check the grey scale box the printer prints several different shades of grey ok then , I have run the printhead alignment and nozzle check programmes that are in the maintence tab but to be honest I'm not sure what i should be looking at but they look ok (the new printhead has only been in a couple of hrs) I have uninstalled the printer and reinstalled it I have installed it on another machine all with the same results I have consulted with canon europes FAQ in their website The printer is approx 18 mths old and has been no problem has anybody got any ideas what the the problem is or am i left with a printer that won't print grey TIA Osiris In article osiris.luxor@btopenworld.com says... > Hi > Running windows XP home edition with SP2 > my problem is that the printer won't print grey when I print photos I > get a green hue over the picture What application are you printing from? With some like Photoshop you can end up with both the app and the printer trying to manage the colour. Have you tried with simple program like Canon's Easy-Photoprint...

Are Canon Printers As Good As Epson?
I'm nearly ready to buy a new printer and am sick of the Epson ink bullshit- constant head clogging and cleaning of inks- but like their printer output. My girlfriend has a lower end Canon and loves it over the Epson she once had. I'm in the market for whatever high end printer Canon may have. My questions are- Is the output as good as Epson; Do they now have archival inks; Can the inks be refilled with one of the higher end ink systems like the Epsons; Is there a similar head clogging problem with Canon; I'm working on large scale panoramas- does Canon have facilities ...

Epson paper in Canon printer
Has anyone used Epson paper in a Canon s9000 printer? Specifically the paper is Epson S041706 Premium Glossy Photo Paper 255gsm. I'd be interested in knowing the results. Thanks Rescho ....or any Canon printer that uses BCI-6X series cartridges. Rescho "Rescho" <peterreschREMOVE@THISoptusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:41fc8f0d$0$1025$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Has anyone used Epson paper in a Canon s9000 printer? > Specifically the paper is Epson S041706 Premium Glossy Photo Paper 255gsm. > I'd be interested in knowing the results. > Thanks > Rescho > > Rescho wrote: > ...or any Canon printer that uses BCI-6X series cartridges. > Rescho > "Rescho" <peterreschREMOVE@THISoptusnet.com.au> wrote in message > news:41fc8f0d$0$1025$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... >> Has anyone used Epson paper in a Canon s9000 printer? >> Specifically the paper is Epson S041706 Premium Glossy Photo Paper >> 255gsm. I'd be interested in knowing the results. >> Thanks >> Rescho Not me yet, but i did hear that Epson papers do quite nicely on Canon printers...i must try one day. But i did try HP everyday semigloss photo paper on my ip4000 and ....disaster! Ink doesn't dry at all on that one... "Rescho" <peterreschREMOVE@THISoptusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:41fc8f0d$0$1025$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au....

Which Canon photo printer would you buy?
I'm researching and focusing on: 1. Canon i960 sells for $199.99 2. Canon i900D - $249.99 3. Canon S900 - $309.94, a refurbished one for about $80-$110 Are the last 2 better in any way than #1? Should I get involved with the refurbished one? Thanks for any input. "Valentin" <labandera63@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht news:sw7Hb.5988$Vv2.2858248@news1.news.adelphia.net... > I'm researching and focusing on: > > 1. Canon i960 sells for $199.99 > 2. Canon i900D - $249.99 > 3. Canon S900 - $309.94, a refurbished one for about $80-$...

Epson R300 or Canon IP4000
Merry Christmas! I'm looking to get a faster (than my epson 890) printer to print a few copies of my 64 page book for the guys. The book is photo-intensive, both covers are full-bleed. I'm printing it on InkJetArt Duo Brite Matte Deluxe Premium paper. I can't tell from the specs which is faster. Price of the printer is not an issue. Price of inks should be close, with the epson having one extra tank. I need the speed to get these books printed. Has any body used both of these printers? Which one is faster at printing on matte paper? Thanks for your help.... don Capt Nud wrote: > Merry Christmas! > > I'm looking to get a faster (than my epson 890) printer to print a few copies > of my 64 page book for the guys. The book is photo-intensive, both covers are > full-bleed. I'm printing it on InkJetArt Duo Brite Matte Deluxe Premium paper. > > I can't tell from the specs which is faster. Price of the printer is not an > issue. Price of inks should be close, with the epson having one extra tank. I > need the speed to get these books printed. > > Has any body used both of these printers? Which one is faster at printing on > matte paper? > > Thanks for your help.... > don There've been some recent threads on this. Try loading more messages into your News Client, or use Google News to search. -- John McWilliams The ip4000 is substantially faster than the E...

Printer Server for Canon ip4000
Hi, I have tried connecting a Canon ip4000 (not R version) to a Hawking HPS1U printer server. It does not work, and Canon refuse to recommend a printer server. Does anybody know a printer server that does work with the ip4000? thanks, ...

Resetter printer canon epson
Reset Printer Canon BJC-3000/6x00/7x00/8000 1. Power off printer 2. Hold Resume button then press and hold POWER, the beeper wil sound once. 3. Hold POWER and release RESUME 4. Press RESUME twice 5. When the indicator lights steady, press RESUME three(3) times The indicator should be orange. 6. Press Power to set data more on 'Free Resetter Software (http://canon-printer-resetter.blogspot.com) epson 'Epson Resetter Printer Service Manual and Repair (http://epsonresetter.blogspot.com ...

No printer model for Canon in Tiger Printer Setup Utility
I have successfully set up remote printing from my OS X 10.4 Tiger laptop to my Canon S750 printer connected to my Win XP home PC. I can print across the network, through the XP box and all the way to the printer - but nothing emerges. I suspect that my problem is the lack of any Canon printer models to choose from in the Printer Setup Utility on the OS X laptop. When I open the Printer Setup Utility and click on the "More Printers ..." button, I can navigate through the workgroup to the XP box and to the Shared printer without any problems. In the Printer Model pulldown, ...

Canon S300 printer and GPL driver from canon.jp
hi everyone Like many other users, I'm experiencing problems with my Canon S300 printer. Today I've found a page at linuxprinting.org that state that Canon has released GPLed drivers for S300 in Japan ( http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Canon-S300 ). It's actually true: http://cweb.canon.jp/drv-upd/bj/bjlinux210.html Since I cannot understand japanese and babelfish isn't helping so much I tried to install them without much luck. I downloaded and installed (I'm running Mandrake 10 rc1) bjfilterbjs300-2.1-0.i386.rpm, bjfiltercups-2.2-0.i386.rpm, bjfilte...

Canon printer
I have a Canon printer I'm trying to setup on our HP. The local network guy identifies it as a Canon imageRunner 3300. I've done PJL and SNMP set to FALSE in NPCONFIG. Is there a specific setup file from HPENV that would work? Or a new one? Thanks in advance! Paul T. Harbron Emerson Appliance Controls INRUG Secretary * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Web resources about - Which Printer Should I buy? Canon IP4000, Canon I865, Epson R300 - comp.periphs.printers

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Can you really get a solid all-in-one printer, copier and scanner for just $90?
... Deals team's advice. And in this case, we're going to help you upgrade to the Epson WorkForce WF-3620 WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, ...

Engineering students invented a 'pancake printer' that takes breakfast to the next level
It's Pancake Day! And what better way to celebrate than with the modern marvel that is this machine that will create pancakes in any shape you ...

How 3D printers are changing plastic surgery
The new technology is allowing patients to see a preview of their new faces before going under the knife